• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 415 Views, 4 Comments

The Gates of Tartarus - Eventhorizon



The gates of Tartarus opens but fortunately Princess Celestia already had a plan ready for this.

  • ...
0
 4
 415

To Ponyville

Twilight soon caught up to the panting dragon; picking Spike up with her magic, she continued to run as fast as she could. although, Twilight was panicking, she was able to run in the general direction of Ponyville. After many hours of panic-induced running, Twilight finally ran out of energy. Gasping for air, she collapsed, dropping Spike onto the ground. Spike seemed to be okay just surprised that Twilight would carry him all the way here.

After a moment of silence between the both of them, Spike finally asked," Twilight... What did you see back there?"

Twilight sat there, still gasping for air, when she finally responded," I... I don't know what I saw there."

Spike looked at her strangely when suddenly, he burped out a green flame with a scroll appearing out of the flames. Spike picked it up quickly. unfurling it, he began.

Twilight,

It is important that you get back to Ponyville immediately. You need to gather the other Bearers Elements of Harmony and come to Canterlot as soon as possible. I have already sent a regiment of Royal Guards to the Tartarus Gates, and they will hold whatever abominations that come out of that place. Please remember haste is of importance.

Twilight stared blankly at a tree for a moment then finally she said, " Spike, where are we?"

"I think we are inside White Tailed Forest." gasped Spike.

Twilight stared at the tree for a moment. if she made teleportation jumps all the way to Ponyville, she would make it in short time but would be exhausted after such an act of magic. She could teleport, walk a while then teleport again. No, that would take still take too much energy to manage. She could teleport halfway home then walk/run the rest of the way.

Stopping herself, she looked up at Spike and said, " Spike, you can send letters to other ponies, if memory serves me right?"

Spike, still panting a little looked up and said, " yea I can, I just need to know the pony well, and their general location."

Nodding, Twilight took the papers she had in her saddlebag and began to write a letter to her friends. A moment later, she finished and scrolled the letter up, handed it to Spike and said, " send this letter to Applejack."

Spike hurried and blew his fire onto the scroll, and it disappeared in a bright green flash. Twilight then stood up, picking up Spike and began a long range teleport. " Hey Twilight, what are you doing?" asked Spike.

Dropping Spike, Twilight began, "I'm going to teleport halfway there, then we'll hurry back to Ponyville where the girls should be getting ready for departure to Canterlot."

Spike looked up at the evening sky and said," But Twilight, it's getting dark and monsters get more active during the nighttime. " He looked around nervously as he spoke.

Twilight smiled a bit then said, " We need to get to Ponyville pronto, and plus where would we sleep tonight if we stay here?"

Spike looked around for a moment, then hopped onto Twilight's back. Twilight quickly began to start the spell. A moment, then a bright flash and they were gone. Kilometers away, another loud pop and flash and they appeared suddenly in the air. Twilight and Spike fell down onto the ground, Spike able to quickly get up while Twilight, gasping for air, was still on the ground.

Spike, hurried over to Twilight who was able to slow down her breathing somewhat asked, " Twilight, are you okay!?"

Twilight still panting a little, slowly got up. Shaking herself a little, she began, "Yes Spike, I'm okay." Looking around Twilight continued, "Do you recognize this area Spike?"

Spike looked around and responded, "No but we're probably where you said we would be."

Looking around Twilight cast a quick location spell and found herself near the middle of White Tailed Forest. Finding Ponyville via the spell, Twilight, got up and started to walk towards the small town. Spike followed close behind watching the forest with a scared alertness.

Though White Tailed Forest was not as bad as the Everfree forest it was still somewhat dangerous for ponies, especially at night. Twilight tired from the long exhausting day was starting to make mistakes while traveling through the forest. Luckily Spike, being ever diligent in watching for anything was able to warn Twilight before a gigantic manticore burst through the bushes.

Twilight hearing Spikes warning startled her enough to stop herself from running into the manticore. Scared and startled Twilight quickly launched several stun spells at the manticore which did almost nothing noteworthy except maybe make the manticore angrier. The monster roared then launched himself forward at Twilight who pushed Spike out of the way then tried to get out of the way herself, but the monster reached her before she could move.

The manticores claws grabbed hold of Twilight, and yanked her down. Scared and hurt now, Twilight, began to buck and scream for help. The manticore ignoring Twilight's bucking, yanked her down onto the ground trying to stun the hurt pony. Twilight who was now getting weak from the shock and blood loss of the attack but in a final spell. This spell was supposed to put the manticore to sleep but because of the adrenaline flowing through Twilight's veins the spell overloaded.

The manticore, suddenly let go and slumped onto the ground. Twilight, hurt and tired now looked over at the monster and saw it lying still on the ground. Spike, rushed forward, screaming Twilight's name out, came over to her side and started to sob at her side. Twilight though ignored this and looked at the still, manticore. Twilight, noted that it's sides were not rising up and down like they should have, nor was the monster snoring or making any noise for that matter.

The truth took Twilight a moment to comprehend before she started to scream. Tears were coming down her face as she stared at the dead manticore. Twilight tried to deny the fact that she just killed, that she just ended a life. After a moment Twilight was able to calm down for a moment to finally notice Spike. Staring at Spike, who was sobbing and retching at her side. Twilight looked back at the dead creature then back a Spike. Shoving the thought of her murdered victim, Twilight, reached out for Spike and embraced him in a hug. Spike, hugged fiercely back and was able to calm down somewhat.

Looking at her wounds, I need to put pressure on them. She thought numbly. She concentrated a little and was able to put a little pressure on the wounds with her telekinesis. Looking back a Spike, who was calming down a little, Twilight began to say, " Spike you need to go ahead and find help or something to help us."

Spike brought his face up, his eyes read and face covered in tears nodded a little, then sniveled. Twilight nudged him with her head, urging him to go. Spike, still shocked from the earlier battle, tried to get up fell down then tried again and finally got up. Spike then started to walk away when suddenly he turned and said," Twilight...." more sniveling, " wh.... why don't w... we send a l.... l... letter to the princesses?"

Twilight, who was becoming weaker by the moment nodded and gestured at her saddle bag. Spike rushed forward still crying a little grabbed a piece of paper and a quill, began to write a letter to Celestia. Spike sent the letter as soon as he finished but by then Twilight was already starting to feel to weak for stay awake. The last thing she heard was a loud pop, a flash of light then darkness.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay busy with work and other such stuff.
Special thanks to dzami for editing.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment