• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 1,131 Views, 13 Comments

Unrequited - DtdFIMBrony



Fluttershy has been in turmoil lately because she has feelings that she does not want to admit to even herself, but one day, she finds herself admitting them all the same, but doesn't know how to live with them.

  • ...
4
 13
 1,131

The Competition, and a minor problem.

After a couple hours of pacing, Twilight and Fluttershy, both extremely worried, began to think there cannot be a way to fix this, that Shy may lose the one person that loved her so much, that she could love back. Twilight was at the verge of snapping at the stress of thinking while waiting for any possible reply, when a letter slid under the door. Twi picked it up before Shy could even think of looking that direction, and began reading it.

Dear Fluttershy,

By now, you have found out what my spell has done to your beloved mare, and if you have any hope of saving her, you will answer to my demands, and quickly. I want you to forget about loving her, and instead turn your love to me, for I have loved you long before she has. This means, I will have you, and nopony else. So if you wish to see Derpy normal again, you will do as I say.

P.S. Twilight darling, you will not be able to break the spell, it is one of ancient origin, and I have the book that contains the spell in my possession. Have fun!

Your Lover, The Great and Powerful T.

"T?" Fluttershy wondered, "Who could that be?"

Twilight began to look over the words that were crossed out, and realized who it was. "Trixie." The moment that word came out of Twi's mouth, Shy knew that there was going to be pain, Trixie had messed with the ponies of Ponyville before, but never has she gone so far to turn one of them into a Timberwolf.

"But why would Trixie do this?" Shy asked, spacing the fact that it was a threatening love letter, "I don't see any reason to turn Derpy into a Timberwolf.

"Shy, Trixie has, somehow, fallen in love with you, and she got jealous of Derpy, and when she was looking for ways to get you all to herself, I guess she ran across this spell." Twi paused for a few seconds, "Yea, that sounds like something she would do. But I never expected her to fall for somepony other than herself."

"Oh, I see, but she still didn't have to do this do Derpy, that was just mean, and I don't like it when people are mean to my friends." Shy said, sounding confident in herself, that is until she ended up plastered on the ceiling when there came a knock at the door. Twilight opened the door to see Celestia herself come in.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight said while kneeling, Fluttershy and Timber-Derpy following suit, "What an honor to see you at my house."

"No time for pleasantries Twilight, this is an ancient magic that I cannot dispel unless I have the book that contained the spell, it was once in my royal libraries, but when I went to check it, it was missing, I am afraid that somepony has stolen the book, and used the spell on Derpy, and before too long, she will be that of any other Timberwolf." Celestia paused, looked at Derpy, and at Fluttershy, then back to Twilight. "Do you have any idea who could have done this?"

"Yes, I do, it was Trixie." She said, offering no other evidence to Celestia.

"Are you sure?" Asked Celestia, not quite convinced, seeming more confused than ever, "I see no reason why Trixie would do such a thing."

"Yes princess, we received a letter from her just before you got here." She passes the letter to Celestia as she continues to say, "She inadvertently wrote The Great and Powerful, then crossed it out, and wrote T. Trixie is the only one I know that says The Great and Powerful about herself, so I am convinced that it was her, attempting to come between Fluttershy and Derpy."

"Ahh, I see, love can be a powerful thing, but when somepony wants somepony else to love them instead, of their true love, they can be truly dangerous." Celestia said, "Trixie has not mastered the spell, so it will not be as fast as you may have feared, Derpy will first become a Timber-pony, before she becomes a Timberwolf, but the second transformation will take much longer, so worry not, you have more time to find Trixie and retrieve the book."

"Uhh, Celestia, exactly how long do we have then?" Asked Twilight, "Because I don't want to go into this blindly and accidentally hit the deadline."

"I would say you have 4 days to retrieve the book, and I fear you may need to move quickly to get it, because the Everfree Forest is not forgiving to those who move slowly." Celestia said, "I have complete confidence in you Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy. Just do be careful."

With that, Twi and Shy packed and left immediately, Celestia however told Twilight of a spell that would help to track the location of Trixie's magic. When she cast the spell, she realized why they needed to hurry, it was across a large swamp, to which is extremely dangerous for anypony to cross, and it would take a day alone to cross it, even with wings because the swamp lets out a gas that curiously blocks all forms of magic, and the farther up somepony were to fly, the more toxic it would become, too high would result in complete paralysis.

As they left Fluttershy thought to herself how it was weird that Derpy would have any competition, but now, Shy herself was facing it head on. She had to do it quickly though, or she would lose her love forever. Swallowing hard, Shy speeds up her own pace, wanting to get there as soon as possible. Though she quickly slows down remembering that Twilight was not a fast flier yet, as she had only recently gotten her wings.

"We are going to need to keep our eyes open when we get to the swamp, the same could happen there as happened in Froggy bottom pond, but worse." Twi said, she herself sounding nervous, in which made Fluttershy even more afraid. Now not only worried about getting to the location on time, she was worried about getting there at all.