• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 1,237 Views, 19 Comments

Getting Butterflies - SpikE-dog



What happens when a Wonderbolt living in the fast lane meets a down to earth timid Pegasus

  • ...
6
 19
 1,237

Mares and hares and Pie,oh my!

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Fluttershy whispered to herself as she darted around her cottage.

It had taken most of her energy to lift the mysterious colt into her living room. She had finally laid him on her couch when he let out a faint, but painful moan. She ran a hoof through his mane until she felt a large bump on the back of his head. The flustered mare fluttered into the kitchen and attempted to empty some of the ice drone her ice box into a small towel. You think ice is slippery; try carrying it with hooves.

By the time she had made her way back to the couch her eyes widened as she saw the colt had regained consciousness and was lifting himself off the couch.
_________________________________
'Hurricane Fluttershy', as she had once been called, was on top of him like Pinkie Pie on cupcakes; shoving him back down with her hooves.

"No, you mustn't!" Fluttershy persisted.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He uttered through gritted teeth.

Fluttershy realized she was still holding the pony down and immediately retracted her hooves. "Oh I mean...um...you took a really nasty fall, you shouldn't move an inch until that heals."

Soarin opened his mouth to protest but all that he could utter when he met her gaze was "a..ba..I..um..being...um ..." and collapsed back onto the couch once again.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy thought to herself. "He must have landed on his head harder than I thought."
_________________________________

It was only a half hour before Soarin regained consciousness once again. This time the first thing he could sense was the faint smell of...honey? He tilted his head to the side and sure enough there was a china set of fresh brewed tea with a jar of honey a few inches from his snout. Focusing his vision slightly beyond the china set he found his gaze meet the back of the same sun yellow mare from before; rummaging through a closet just across the living room whispering to herself.

"Oh where is it...where is it?" She murmured. Soarin just stared for a moment. This was the first time Soarin had gotten a good look at the mare. Her coat was almost a perfect match to the sun and she had a pink, not a dull straight pink, but a bright ,almost neon, pink mane that was perfectly straightened yet kept one flowing curl down to the bottom of her mane.

Soarin realized he was staring and quickly averted his eyes and noticed that there, on the ground beside him, was a small white rabbit that seemed to be..glaring at him?

After a few moments of that, Soarin spoke up "Um...excuse me?" He stuttered slightly louder than expected.

The yellow mare shot up at a speed that would make spitfire's jaw drop and clung to the now swaying light in the living room.

"Oh my gosh, sorry" Soarin said. "I didn't mean to..."

"No..." the mare began in a voice so soft and light it could tame an Ursa Major "...um...I mean...it's all right I just get..well..a bit startled sometimes." The mare floated down and landed gently beside him. "Um...how does your head feel?"

"My head?" Soarin went to place his hoof up on his mane but instead found himself patting bandages that were rapped around his head. They had been tighten just right that he hadn't even been able to feel them until now.

"Um..yes...you took a really nasty fall at the window and landed on your head, I don't think there's a concussion but you should probably take it easy for a few days...um...if threats alright with you." She explained as she went to pour him a cup of tea.

He sat up with a grimace "I'm all for some nice rest; but try getting that past "Captain" Spitfire."

The cup of tea Soarin was about to accept slipped from the mare grasp and splattered all over his lap as the mare let out a large *gasp*.

"OWOWOWOW HOT!!!" Soarin lept up from the couch.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry" the flustered mare gasped. "I just didn't realize you were...um..you."

"Yeah, I get that alot." Soarin wiped the tea out of his coat. "Without the uniform it's almost as if I become a complete nobody; right?"

"Oh, nonono Mr. Soarin!" The flustered mare began. "I mean...um...it's just I didn't think a Wonderbolt would fly this far from Clousdale."

"Please..um, just Soarin's fine. And most of the Wonderbolts like to travel to towns in their free time. Some for the publicity, and others, well, for the peace and quiet."

"I can understand that, Clousdale is a very busy city." The mare exclaimed.

Soarin perked up. "Oh, have you been to Clousdale before?"

"Well I used to live there when I was just a filly but...I found the ground to be much more inviting."

"Huh. That's strange..." Soarin replied which caused her mane to shift over her face as she lowered her head "...oh no, i mean...it's a good strange. Just not what most pegasi would choose; mind me asking why missss...."

"Oh, um...it's Fluttershy." She muttered.

"Hmm, Fluttershy...." Soarins eyes widened. "Wait as in Hurricane Fluttershy?! The mare that single handedly created the tornado to send the pain water up to Cloudsdale?!"

Fluttershy blushed almost instantly. "Well...Spitfire may have exaggerated a little..."

"Hardly!" Soarin continued. "She told us you were the only reason that ponyville reached 800 wingpower!"

"Oh no...I mean...I probably couldn't even fly that fast again even if I wanted to. I just...don't know what came over me." The mare just stared into her cup of tea.

"Well it was still pretty amazing from what I heard." Fluttershy looked up and Soarin's gaze met hers just for a second before Soarin realized he was staring once again. He sat back into the sofa. "You must have had a pretty awesome coach to help you pull that off."

"Well Rainbow Dash is more of a friend than a coach but--" Fluttershy stopped short when she realized that Soarin's face had become as white as a sugar cube.

"Um...are you alright?" She extended a hoof.

"Um...yeah." Soarin replied swiftly. "I'm just a little hungry is all...hehe" he managed a slight grin. Do you by any chance have a fresh baked zap-apple pie?"

"How did you know that?"

"Well...let's just say I have a nose for pies and I could smell that pie from half a mile away."

"Oh well would you like a slice?" She asked in a timid voice.

Soarin's nod was so violent it almost shook off his bandages. As Fluttershy walked into the kitchen he readjusted them and then laid back down onto the sofa. He closed his eyes for barely a second or two but when he reopened them he had an upside down white rabbit just inches from his face.

"Umm....Fluttershy?!" Soarin shouted. "Are you aware there's a rabbit in your house?"

Fluttershy had just reappeared with two fresh sliced pieces of zap-apple pie. "*giggle* That's just angel, don't worry, she's stubborn at times but she can be a real sweetheart once you get to know her."

"Uh huh..." Soarin sat up keeping an eye on the little 'Angel' as it just glared at him. Next thing he knew there was a fresh piece of pie under his snout.

Before Fluttershy could even open her mouth Soarin had popped the first bit of pie into his mouth. Soarin's eyes widened and he dropped his fork onto the plate.

"This...this is..." Was all he could manage.

"Oh, don't you like it? I'm sorry, I..i..was trying a new recipe with some honey to help the flavor but well I g-"

"....AMAZING!" Soarin finished as he began to gobble down ever last bit of the pie on his plate.

Fluttershy was both flattered and taken aback at his sudden outburst. "You really like it?"

"Heck yeah! And....you baked this?!"Soarin commented as he finished the pie.

"Um well...yes?" Fluttershy meekly replied.

"If you hadn't told me otherwise I would have thought this was made in canterlot's finest bakery!"Soarin exclaimed.

Fluttershy just sat there with a smile and let out a content "Thank you."

"Wow.." Soarin thought to himself. "Beautiful, kind, AND can cook the best pies ever. Where have you been all m-"

Soarin's daydream was cut abruptly short when there was a loud knocking on the door.

"Fluttershy, ya in there!?!?" A voice called out.

"Oh no" Both Soarin and Fluttershy thought simultaneously and just stared at each other. They knew that voice

"Rainbow Dash." They both muttered

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading and if you guys have any idea on what I should include in the next chapter then let me know in the comments.