• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 776 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 776

Chapter Eleven

"Instead of Wishing you were some one else, be proud of what you have,
cause you never know who's been looking at you, wishing they could be you."

The little vampire-bat filly and the lunar alicorn princess flew around and talked for a while after the little filly received the final item she needed to collect. A star. The filly was overjoyed, though not by completing her task of obtaining all five of the sacred items, no, she was overjoyed by the fact she had used magic to gain the final item. Before coming to Ponyville, the little filly was unable to do magic, as there was no one in the vampire-bat's home able to do magic. She hadn't ever even seen another pony with a horn and wings before.

The lunar alicorn princess was also overjoyed. Her happiness came from the fact that she gained answers. Answers about a long lost question that had been so long forgotten by the lunar, and even the solar, alicorn princesses. The little filly flying before the lunar alicorn was something far more extraordinary than what others thought. Even more so than the filly even knew herself. She was so much more than a rare type of vampire-bat ponies. She was so much more.

To the little filly's disappointment, the moon started to wiggle and whine, begging for the lunar princess to take him down, to let him sleep. The lunar alicorn sighed, before turning to the little filly. No words were spoken, but so much was said. The filly gave a small, saddened smile before nodding. The two ponies made their descent back to the ground below them. Once they landed, the lunar alicorn turned to the little vampire-bat filly.

"Take care, Comet Blaze. Remember, only a few days, then you must leave," the lunar alicorn princess reminded softly, before taking off in, what the little filly believed was, the direction of Canterlot.

Comet Blaze stood outside the tree-library, staring off into the direction that the lunar alicorn princess had just flown off in. To her dismay, the moon soon then started to descend, lower and lower behind the horizon while the sun had also began to ascend, higher and higher above the horizon. The little filly sighed. No more flying now.

As the little vampire-bat filly stood there, watching the sun ascend into the sky, she was unaware of the little Pegasus filly watching her from the bushes. Her jealousy was growing, more and more, each time the filly saw her "fellow crusader". The filly watched carefully, trying to keep her presence hidden.

"What are you doing, Scootaloo?" a voice asked from behind her.

The little Pegasus filly shot up and jumped around to face the pony of the voice. Behind her stood Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. She sighed.

"Thanks a lot, guys! You scared me," the little Pegasus filly yelled, playfully.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "So, what are you doin'?"

"Oh, um, Nothing," Scootaloo said, unsure of what to say.

"Why are you hiding behind the bushes..." Sweetie Belle started to say as she got into the position Scootaloo had been in when they arrived, "Staring at... Comet Blaze?"

The two other crusaders looked over at their Pegasus friend. Scootaloo turned her gaze to her hooves, not wanting to look at the two faces before her, questioning her actions. The Pegasus filly barely knew why she was staring at the vampire-bat filly, but she still knew that she felt betrayed and jealous. The filly didn't understand her feelings. Why should she be jealous that Comet Blaze could fly, even if only at night?

"Well, come on! Let's see if Comet Blaze wants to go on an adventure! We could go to the castle of the two sisters!" Sweetie Belle said in excitement.

"Yeah, let's go ask," Scootaloo replied with no enthusiasm.

The three original cutie mark crusaders bounded over to Comet Blaze. The vampire-bat filly's mind was somewhere else, so she didn't hear or see the three fillies bounding towards her. Comet Blaze was then pulled out of her mind when she tumbled over with three bundles of fur on top her, making a big pile or orange, white, yellow, and ash-colored fur.

"Girls! What are you doing?" Comet Blaze whined, trying to get up.

The three girls giggled as they got up off of their ash-colored friend, allowing her to get up from the ground as well.

"Sorry!" all three yelled, laughing.

Comet Blaze rolled her eyes. "Do you mind explaining to me why you decided to tackle me to the ground and try to suffocate me?"

"We came to ask you if you wanted to go on an adventure with us! We are going to go to the castle of the two sisters!" Sweetie Belle explained, excitement seeping into her voice.

The castle of the two sisters?





"Woah."

That was Comet Blaze's response.

The four little fillies had traveled through to Everfree Forest to the Castle of the Two Sisters, thankfully not running into any type of trouble. The castle, to the little vampire-bat filly, was beyond amazing. The three other fillies laughed at their friends response, as they didn't find it beyond amazing like her. Comet Blaze looked around the place as they entered, something felt different.

The little vampire-bat filly felt like she knew this place, that she had been here before. She looked around the whole entrance, her eyes landed on something. Her eyes widened. A path. A path made out of stars leading from the door down to a hall way. Entranced, she followed the path, her eyes never leaving the star patterned path. The three other fillies watched their friend, confused, as she walked with her head down towards a hall way. With a glance at each other, the three fillies decided to follow the vampire-bat filly.

The star-patterned path led Comet Blaze and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders down a long corridor before turning off of the hallway into a stone wall. On the wall was a carving. An eight pointed star. Comet Blaze stared at the carving, confused. Where had she seen that image before? Why was it so familiar? Shaking her head, she turned her attention back to the path. It led right to the wall. Gently, she raised her hoof up to the eight-pointed star, setting onto the middle of the star. The wall started to shake, then slid away, making a path into the wall. The star-patterned path continued down the corridor behind the door.

"Comet Blaze? How did you find this place?" a voice asked, bringing the filly back from her mind.

"The star-patterned path," Comet Blaze answered.

"What star-patterned path?" a different voice asked.

That made Comet Blaze confused. She turned around and looked at her friends. Each held a look of confusion and wonder on their faces. Comet Blaze looked at the ground. Yes, there was a star-patterned path. Why were they asking about what path, unless... they couldn't see it?

"You girls don't see this?" Comet Blaze asked, pointing to a spot on the path.

"No?" they all asked confused.

Comet Blaze was confused. Why was she seeing the path, but her friends weren't seeing it?

"Are you alright, Comet Blaze?" Sweetie Belle's voice asked, breaking into her train of thought.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm alright. I'm just confused," Comet Blaze admitted, quietly.

"We all are. And even though we don't see the path, it must there. I mean, look! You led us to some eight-pointed star carving, and apparently opened another passage way!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, "We should keep exploring. Maybe we'll find something really amazing at the end of this path."

"Yeah, I mean this castle is full of passage ways, there could be amazin' things hidden in here!" Apple Bloom added, excitedly.

Comet Blaze gave them a smile, before nodding and turning her attention back to the star-patterned path. She felt like she knew the answer to her question. Where the path led to. But she couldn't put her hoof on it. Shaking the thought from her mind, she kept her eyes on the star-patterned path, allowing it to show her they way to the unknown destination.

The corridor seemed to go on forever. No passage ways were seen, or discovered, by the four little fillies, as they continued walking down the stone corridor. Eventually, the star-patterned path curved again, leading them to another stone wall. This time the carving was still of an eight-pointed star, but beside the star, on the right was a carving of the sun, on the left was a carving of the moon. Like how she got the stone to move the first time, she put her hoof onto the center of the star. This caused the sun, moon, and star to glow brightly before it went dim. It didn't open.

"How do I open it?" Comet Blaze asked, quietly.

The filly, as she was standing on her back hooves, pushed her front hooves onto the star. It pushed in. The star started to shine. Her eyes widened. Keeping her hooves on the star she looked over her shoulder at her three friends. Thankfully understand what her friend was asking, without her words, Sweetie Belle stepped forward and pushed her hooves onto the image of the sun, causing it to push in. The sun, like the star, started to shine in a bright yellow color. Then Scootaloo stepped forward and pushed her hooves onto the image of the moon, pushing it in. The moon, like both the star and sun, began to shine in a bright blue color. All three of the carving were glowing brightly, the three fillies moved back, as the rock started to shake. It shook violently for a second before sliding away, leaving another passage way.

All four of the fillies stared in shock and awe. After a few moments passed, the shock died down and the fillies started walking forward. Comet Blaze took a few steps up to the passage way, before seeing the star-patterned path disappear as it entered behind where the stone was. With great wonder, she stepped into the passage way behind the rock. Only, it wasn't a passage way. It was a room. The three other fillies entered after the vampire-bat filly, and looked around in wonder. The room wasn't just any room. It was a bedroom. It was her bedroom.

Once Comet Blaze realized it, she fainted, and was thrown from the room. Not physically, but mentally.

All she could see was darkness...