• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 669 Views, 9 Comments

Scars of Suppression - Harold Chaplin



Twilight sends Fluttershy on a mission to spread friendship, that scars her for life!

  • ...
0
 9
 669

Chapter Three: Nip of Empathy

Light shines in through the cracks in Razor's shutters illuminating the pillow next to her. The small slits of light shine off of it and bounce back into her face. She squints hard trying to block out the sun and reaches out with her hooves feeling for her friend. Razor feels nothing but the pillow and sheets beside her and sadly gives up, rolling over to go back to sleep.

Knock knock knock...

"What was that?"

"Razor, are you home?" Razor hears Fluttershy's voice and quickly opens her eyes. She throws the tangled covers off of her and hops out of bed. She lands on her forelegs and nearly collapses from the sudden surge of pain.

"Ow! Coming!" She quickly limps out into the hallway and carefully makes her way down the steps. She reaches the door and opens it with her mouth. Outside Fluttershy stands, expecting Razor to be angry at her for running away yesterday. She greets her nervously "Hello, Razor."

"Hi Fluttershy! I... Um..." Razor opens the door a little further letting the light shine in. She squints to see her "I'm sorry about yesterday..."

"It's ok, I'm sorry too." Razor looks at her confused and opens the door a little more to step closer. "I shouldn't have been so afraid of something I already knew you..." Fluttershy notices the dark red surgical tape at the bottom of her eye and looks down. She sees the terrible wounds that cover Razor's legs and gasps in shock.

"Did you, do that?" Fluttershy asks. Razor walks back into the dark to hide her legs "I was really, really... really sorry." She looks down ashamed of herself. Fluttershy steps closer "Are you hurt?"

Though Razor's legs still ache from the pain, she doesn't want to worry Fluttershy. "No, it's fine... I can't really feel it."

"Oh, well... ok." Fluttershy looks at Razor, sad for her pain and afraid she'll cut herself more if nothing is done about it.

Razor looks up and asks "So... I guess you, don't hate me?"

"Razor, I never hated you..."

Razor smiles back at her, a gleam forms in her eye but disappears when she rubs her wounds. "You don't think I'm a monster?" Fluttershy sees her rub them and becomes more worried for her. "Your not a monster... your a nice pony."

Razor's smile grows even bigger "Thank you... I have some more cookies left, if you want to have a few?"

"I would love to!"

"Fluttershy does like me!"

Razor hops into the air, joyous she has her friend back. She lands on her fore hooves sending a sharp pain through her legs. "Ow!" she raises her bandaged leg and looks at it.

"Oh! Are you ok!?" Fluttershy asks walking into the dark house to look over Razor. She smiles back at her "It's ok, I'm just glad your here!" Razor limps over and closes the door.

She walks into the darkness and grabs another match. Striking it she limps around the room lighting up all the candles from yesterday. As soon as she's done, she enters into the kitchen and turns on the light, throwing away the match.

All this walking around worries Fluttershy "Razor? You don't have to get out any cookies for me. I don't need them."

Razor calls from in front of the fridge "Are you sure? They're good!"

"No it's alright I don't need any."

"Well I'm getting myself some." Razor opens the fridge and bends down picking up a gallon of milk with her teeth. She pours herself a glass and fixes up a plate full of cookies. She takes them and sets them on the coffee table.

"If you want one off my plate, go ahead." Razor offers with the wave of a hoof.

"Ok, but I don't need any... really."

Razor shrugs "Well, alright." and gives Fluttershy a sly smile. She walks back into the kitchen to grab her milk as Fluttershy hops up onto her couch against the back wall to get comfortable.

The smell of cookies hits her nose. "Mmmm! That does smell good... They smell fresher than yesterday's."

Razor walks in with her glass of milk and sets it down next to her plate. She looks up across the table at Fluttershy laying on the couch. "Would it be ok if... I sat with you?"

"Uh, sure... I guess?" Fluttershy scoots over as Razor pushes her cookies and milk to the other side of the table. She happily trots over and hops up next to Fluttershy. With the wave of a hoof she elegantly brushes her violet hair away from her face and reaches down to grab a cookie.

She picks the cookie up in her blue hooves and takes a big, seductive bite. Though Fluttershy is still a little shocked at the amount of mutilation Razor's legs seemed to have taken last night, Razor does make that cookie look tasty.

With a mouthful of chocolate she mumbles in her enchanting voice "Mmmm! Straight from the oven... well the heat lamp, but they taste just as good."

"Um..." Fluttershy stares at the melted depressions of chocolate across the cookie's crispy surface.

"I'm surprised my house didn't burn down after leaving a heat lamp on inside a cabinet all night!? It was a big cabinet though, the one next to the stove."

Fluttershy gives a quick look at Razor and then continues staring at the gooey, chocolate embedded insides of Razor's bite. "That doesn't sound safe... but um, could I have a cookie?"

Razor chuckles in triumph and reaches down to grab one. Realizing she was being rude, asking for a cookie after saying she didn't want one, Fluttershy tries to correct herself. "Oh! No I don't need one, never mind."

Razor holds both the cookies between her hooves taunting Fluttershy "But I already got one for you? And they are... delicious!"

"Oh, alright..." Fluttershy reaches out and takes the cookie. She takes a small bite and savors the wonderful flavor. Razor quickly finishes off hers and reaches down to grab her milk.

As she picks it up Fluttershy decides to ask her "So Razor, um... how has your day been?"

Razor takes a few swigs from her glass and sets it back down. She wipes off her mouth and embarrassingly states. "Actually, I didn't get up until you knocked. Sorry if my hair is messed up."

Razor looks down at her wounds "Well... I guess it's not the most messed up part of me!" She chuckles a bit at her own morbid joke. Fluttershy, though disturbed, laughs back out of politeness.

"How was your day?"

"My day? Um, It was good... I got up late today and, my animal friends weren't to happy about it."

Razor's eyes light up "You have pets! That's so cool! What are they?"

"Well, I have a bunny named Angel... and really he's the only one I consider a pet. All the rest are just my friends." Fluttershy smiles thinking of her animals.

Razor sits stunned at what she just said "How could you be friends with animals? Every time I ever came across a snake or alligator, it either hissed or swam away."

Razor's face saddens at a realization that sweeps over her. "Oh... They probably didn't like me because... I ate them." She laughs a little at how stupid she feels, but quickly stops when she sees Fluttershy's blank face.

An awkward silence soon fills the room as both mares look around for something better to talk about. A few more moments pass before Razor coughs into her hoof to break the silence. Fluttershy looks over at her mangled blue, and now red, legs. She hesitantly decides to switch the topic over to them.

"So, Razor... Um, why did you do that?" she points at her legs.

"My cuts?" Razor looks at them. "Well, I felt really REALLY bad about yesterday... I thought you hated me, and was going to tell everypony how horrible I am."

"Oh no, I would never do that to you."

Razor smiles "I know that now! But... I didn't know it then. So to stop feeling sad I... did this." She holds out her legs, showing them off.

Fluttershy examines them "Oh my... Doesn't it hurt?"

"It does a lot! But the more it hurts, the better I feel afterwards."

Fluttershy is greatly confused by this logic "How does it make you feel, better?"

Razor shrugs her blue shoulders "I don't know exactly? It just, does somehow?"

Fluttershy puts a hoof to her chin thinking "How could pain make somepony happy? How!?"

Razor reaches down and grabs another cookie, she sits there for a while watching Fluttershy think. She admits with a mouthful of cookie "I've wondered for a long time, why pain makes me happy." she swallows her bite "And I've never understood it."

Razor finishes her cookie and decides to ask "Do you get sad a lot?"

"Not, as much as I used too... I've gotten a lot better over the years."

Razor looks at her concerned, "Why did you used to be sad?"

"Well, back when I was in school I used to get teased a lot... about how much of a weak flyer I was. Even after school, ponies didn't like to talk to me."

Razor scoots her back legs off over the side the couch, giving Fluttershy some room, and lays down. She lifts her head up "Fluttershy, I've told you my life story... how about you tell me yours?"

"Oh, I don't know... It's not that interesting."

"But I want to hear it... Please?"

Razor rests her head in her hooves and looks up towards Fluttershy.

"Mmm... well I guess I could?"

"Ok!" Fluttershy looks at how Razor is laying and scoots her legs off the side of the couch as well. She lays down to eye level with Razor, eagerly waiting for her to begin her story. "Well, I was born in Cloudsdale..."

For the next few hours Fluttershy lays in front of Razor telling her life story. Razor sits in awe listening to her tales. She loves how she got her cutiemark, and is amazed at how Fluttershy and all her friends beat Nightmare Moon. Throughout her tales Razor sits happily listening, but with each passing achievement she talks about, the more sad Razor becomes. She compares her life to Fluttershy's in her mind, making her own seem boring, dismal, and... such a waste of time.

*****

When Fluttershy finally finishes her tale, Razor is amazed at who lays before her on the couch. She gets up to a sitting position and bows her head. "I am humbled by your presence, most noble Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy looks away blushing "Aw, you don't have to bow to me! I'm not that important..." Fluttershy thinks of how the townsponies reacted to seeing her yesterday, and her smile widens.

"Fluttershy your amazing! Why is a wonderful pony like you even spending time with me?" Razor asks smiling for her friend, but feeling so insignificant inside.

"Oh, I forgot to mention... Twilight has sent all of us out to help other ponies make friends around town. So that's why, I'm, um... here."

Razor's happy façade falls from the news, "So I am, just an assignment?"

Fluttershy realizes how rude her last statement must have been and quickly tries to correct herself. "No! Your not just an assignment... Your, my friend."

Razor looks away still comparing her life and Fluttershy's in her mind. Doubting her she replies, "Your just saying that."

Fluttershy sits up "No, I'm not just saying that... you really are my friend."

After a short pause Razor looks back at her and sniffs, Fluttershy responds with a hug. It eases off some of the tension she is feeling, but in her mind, her life still seems meaningless compared to Fluttershy's.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Fluttershy implores, feeling like the cause of Razor's sorrow.

Razor rests her head on her shoulder and an idea comes to her. She isn't sure if it would be rude or not to ask, but it would make her feel much better. She tosses the idea around in her mind while asking, "Anything?"

"Anything."

"Should I ask... I could just do it later if I feel like it. But, maybe she'll like it?" Razor closes her eyes thinking hard of what to do.

"It might offend her, but... she has to know the feeling."

"Uh... Fluttershy?"

"Yes?" Razor becomes increasingly nervous about what she wants to ask of her.

"Um... uh, nothing, never mind." Razor sniffs again, wracked with sad thoughts of her meaningless life and nervous feelings about her question.

"You can ask me anything Razor... I won't judge you."

"Well... might as well ask." With the little ounce of confidence Razor gains from Fluttershy's words, she asks "Could you... bite me?"

Fluttershy freezes, wondering if she heard correctly. "What did you say?"

Now with embarrassment to add to her list of feelings, Razor blushes and sniffs "I said... would it be ok if, you could... bite me?"

Fluttershy looks down at the pony she's hugging wondering, what to do in this situation. Razor feels her looking but doesn't move, she keeps her head rested against Fluttershy's shoulder nervously waiting for a response.

Fluttershy stares at her blue fur, "Does she need pain to feel good now? Why from me!?"

She decides to ask her, "Razor... why do you want me to, bite you?"

With a nervous pause, she claims "Because I don't feel good, and... that will help."

Fluttershy can't help but feel like the cause of her sadness. "I'm the one that ran away screaming and made her hurt herself. And now... I've made her think she's an assignment! I owe it to her to make her happy... by any means."

"Ok Razor, I'll do it."

Razor's woeful eyes snap open from the unexpected response. "You, will?"

Now determined to make up for what she's done Fluttershy answers "Yes... Now, where do you want it?"

Stunned by her enthusiasm Razor states "Um... anywhere is fine."

"Ok." Fluttershy looks down at her fur. She picks a spot on her back and leans down, ready to bite. Razor feels her hot breath on her back as she pauses, open mouthed trying to think of how to do this exactly.

Razor feels a set of teeth touch down on her fur. With a small squeak of effort, the teeth press down slightly and then lift off. Fluttershy backs away and gives an accomplished exhale, feeling she's done the right thing.

"Do you feel better now?" She asks feeling proud. Suddenly a thought washes over her. "Oh no! I didn't bite too hard, did I?"

Razor, confusedly states "No... you, didn't even bite me."

Fluttershy's pride fades away leaving her baffled as to what she means. "But, I did... didn't I? I pressed down, and everything."

"But... you have to press harder." Razor claims growing impatient for her pain. "Razor what are you doing!? Stop demanding pain like some masochist and give your friend a break!"

Razor lifts her head and leans back to look Fluttershy in the eye. "Fluttershy I'm sorry about this... I shouldn't tell you what to do. You bit me fine... you don't have to do it again. I'm even starting to feel better." In her mind Razor can't believe how greedy she just was and an overwhelming sense of shame washes over her.

"But... you said I didn't do it hard enough? And, I don't want to see you sad any more. I want to make you happy." Fluttershy looks down at Razor's fur, challenging herself to bite harder.

"No Fluttershy... you don't have to. I'm sorry..."

Fluttershy bends down anyways and gently clamps down on Razor's shoulder. She presses down with slightley more force this time, grunting from her strain. Razor looks down at her, squeaking from the effort.

Fluttershy stops, her mouth still open on Razor's shoulder. She asks "Whah ahk harg enough?"

Razor laughs a bit at how silly she sounds as Fluttershy lifts her head to look at her. "Oh, I'm sorry. I tried biting harder but... I just, can't." She hangs her head in defeat.

Razor hates to see her disappointed, and decides to help her through it. "You can bite harder... you just need to close your mouth more, instead of pressing down."

Fluttershy lifts her head and goes along. "Alright, I'll try again."

She puts her mouth back to the spot on her shoulder and presses down. She starts to close her mouth this time and her teeth begin to dig in. "Ya, like that... but, a little harder."

"Ok!" Fluttershy gladly goes along and sinks her teeth deeper into her coat. Soon it actually starts to hurt Razor, almost to the point that it might leave a bruise. Razor feels her teeth sink even deeper and lets out a whimper of pain. Fluttershy stops and pulls back. "I'm sorry!... To hard?"

"Not at all, I liked it." The pain begins to wash away all the terrible feelings inside her and Razor starts to feel better. She let's out a sigh of relief as her mind clears, looking at Fluttershy she happily claims "Alright... my turn!"

"What!?" Before Fluttershy can react more Razor pulls her towards her into a pleading hug. "Please?... I your bite felt wonderful and... I want you to experience it too."

Fluttershy sits with Razor holding her, thinking about the idea. "I... don't know?"

Razor looks up to her "Please? It feels good, I promise."

Fluttershy looks down at her thinking, "She said it feels good... and you do still owe her. Go ahead, say yes."

Hesitantly she answers "Ok, I guess." Fluttershy immediately gets second thoughts, but pushes them aside.

Razor raises up and smiles at her, lowering her head into Fluttershy's shoulder. She opens her mouth and rests her teeth onto her. Fluttershy gulps, nervously awaiting the pain. She feels Razor's teeth sink down into her shoulder, hard! Fluttershy squeezes her eyes shut and lets out a pained "Oow!"

Soon the sharp pain fades into a burn as she feels Razor's teeth leave her skin. Razor backs away to look at her and Fluttershy frowns back rubbing her wound. "Razor... I didn't like it."

Razor frowns too "I'm sorry Fluttershy." She scoots around to face the inside of the couch. She pushes her withers towards Fluttershy as an offering, "Here, you can bite me back."

"What? No, I don't want too." Fluttershy continues rubbing the wound, a tear starts to form in her eye from the pain.

Razor looks back at her watery eyes, she moves closer to her with her back still turned. "If you do it, you'll feel better."

"That's what you said last time." Fluttershy sternly replies, feeling like she is being tricked by Razor. She rubs her wound some more reminding her of the pain, "Razor bit me really hard!"

"Razor... if you wanted me to bite you again, why didn't you just a..."

Razor interrupts her "Fluttershy, just bite me already."

"Razor your being mean. You lied to me and now your being rude!" Fluttershy rubs the wound some more, reminding her of what Razor did. "Well fine then, I will bite you!" Razor notices Fluttershy stopping to think to herself and smiles, knowing soon she'll bite her, harder.

Fluttershy angrily stares at Razor's blue coat, as her thoughts become words. "Fine! I will bite you!" She lunges at the blue fur growling, she clamps down onto her back and presses as hard as she can. Razor feels her teeth dig into her, almost breaking the skin. She lets out a happy pained scream "Yay!" before Fluttershy let's go out of surprise.

"What do you mean, yay?" Fluttershy asks as Razor turns around flinching from the deep bruise on her back.

She smiles at Fluttershy, and says to her in her sweet voice. "I said yay because... Now it's my turn!"

Razor gets up onto all fours on the bed and looks Fluttershy right in the eye. She giggles as Fluttershy's angry expression begins to turns into a worried one. She raises a hoof and, before she can react, slowly knocks Fluttershy over onto her back.

Fluttershy hits the couch and quickly realizes how mad Razor must be at her! She turns over and tries to push herself off, keeping an eye on her. "Trying to get away? Good!" Razor threatens through her evil grin. She throws herself on top of Fluttershy and pulls her further into the couch. Fluttershy waves her hooves frantically about trying to keep her away, but Razor pushes through them. She plants herself against her, blocking her flailing forelegs and scooting past the reach of her hind legs.

Fluttershy pulls her legs back to push her away, in a fruitless attempt. She desperately kicks at her flanks trying to get her off, making Razor's menacing smile grow. She gets her hooves under Fluttershy's and pushes them back above her head. Now helplessly struggling to free herself Razor presses her blue nose against Fluttershy's.

She gives a hungry stare and grins one last time before lowering below Fluttershy's gaze. After what seemed to be a full minute of nothing but the breath of Razor against her, she feels the sharp pain of teeth sting through her chest. She let's out a fearful cry. "Help! Somepony! A-Aow!"

Razor lifts off of her and swishes her violet mane out of her face in victory. She eases off of Fluttershy's hooves and jumps back onto her side of the couch. "Score two, for me!" With a smile she flops over onto her back, "Also, I loved the distress you added! I don't know if I can top that?"

Fluttershy looks over at Razor lying on her back, eagerly watching her. She rolls over onto her stomach, now hurting from the bite, and slowly stands up on the couch. She stands there and cools off a bit, staring at the happy pony across from her. "She did all that just to bite me? And not even hard?" Just to set things clear in her mind she asks, "That was... your turn?"

Razor cheerfully nods her head, "MmmHmm! Wasn't it exciting!?"

"It was scary! I thought you were really mad at me." Fluttershy answers. "It was a little exciting, I guess..."

Razor's becomes concerned from her response, "Did you think I was really attacking you?"

"Yes!"

Now realizing that Fluttershy was actually trying to get away Razor apologizes. "Oh... I'm sorry, I thought you were just playing along since you bit me back?" Razor notices how Fluttershy is paying no mind to her bruise and gets a feeling she liked it. "Still, it was definitely exciting, wasn't it? Didn't you have fun?"

Fluttershy bashfully looks away, "Well..."

"Oh, I know you did! You had so much fun you didn't even notice your bite mark." Razor points a hoof to Fluttershy.

She lifts up her chest a little bit and looks down at the horrible deep blue oval on her. She jumps from how bad it is, "Oh my goodness! That looks terrible!" Yet only a slight burning comes from it.

"Does it hurt?" Razor asks concerned.

Fluttershy touches her horrible bruise, feeling only a slight pain. "No."

"Do you feel better?"

Fluttershy pauses to think to herself, "No, I don't really feel better. But that was surprisingly fun! I need to get her back for this, though." She dismally looks at Razor and says "No... actually my chest really hurts."

"It does?" Razor's face fills with regret, as Fluttershy walks up to her. "Fluttershy I'm sorry, I..." She steps over Razor, shadowing over her. Razor looks up, past the pink hair hanging down and sees Fluttershy's angry face glaring at her.

"You hurt me really bad Razor, and now it's time to pay me back... I mean. I get revenge... On you! Or, something like that?"

Razor smiles knowing what's happening, and quickly gets into character. "Nonono NO!!! Fluttershy... GAH!" She mindlessly throws her hooves about tossing and turning under Fluttershy.

Fluttershy lets out a hiss, and slowly lowers herself down. Razor screams "HELP! VAMPIRE! IF ANYPONY IS OUT THERE!?! I NEE... Huh?" Razor feels her skin break through the force of Fluttershy's bite. "Ow! Fluttershy!?"

She stops biting and raises up, "What is it?"

"You broke the skin!?" Fluttershy looks at the wound on Razor's chest and sees not a bruise, but two small holes. They aren't deep enough to be lethal, but they soon begin to bleed quite a bit.

Fluttershy covers her mouth in shock. "Oh no! I'm sorry?"

"It's fine... woah!" Razor looks at the wound and quickly gets up before she stains her couch. She hurries into the kitchen and opens up a cabinet. She pulls out a few bandages and falls onto her back to administer them. Meanwhile Fluttershy sits on the couch, scared she has taken things too far.

Razor hollers from the kitchen "Fluttershy, how did you leave two holes?"

Fluttershy sits on the couch, horrified at what she has done. She answers back to her, "Um... I don't know?" She lets out a small sob, fearing what her friend thinks of her. Razor hears it and quickly finishes up to run back to her.

She runs into the room "Fluttershy? No... don't be sad. I'm fine, really..." She trots up to her and examines her mouth. "I just want to know what kind of teeth you have?"

Fluttershy wipes her eyes in relief, "My, teeth?"

"Yeah." Razor asks with a smile.

Fluttershy opens her mouth a bit and Razor looks inside. Her mouth looks completely normal, "Hmmm, can you hiss again?"

Fluttershy giggles, "Sure, Hisssssss!" Razor is startled by the sudden appearance of fangs in her mouth, as her hiss ends they retract back into her gums.

"Sweet Celestia... You are a vampire!?" Razor stares in envy at her.

"Vampire!? Oh... yeah."

Razor's jaw drops as she falls back onto her haunches. "How in the world are you a vampire!?"

"Well, one day... my friend Applejack had a few, vampire bats on her farm. So, we all came down to help... and Twilight accidentally cast a spell on me. I guess it never went away completely?" Fluttershy sits back on the couch, staring at Razor overcome with astonishment.

After a moment more of envy Razor comes out of her daze, she gets up and instantly hugs her. Razor's words practically squee out of her, "Fluttershy... Your Awesome!"

Fluttershy blushes as Razor squeezes with all her might. "Goddesses... Your So Cool! And obviously the best biter here!" Razor eases off a bit, "But that doesn't mean you've won." She backs away to reveal another evil smile to Fluttershy. "It's my turn, again!"

"Oh no!" Fluttershy faux screams between giggles. She jumps out of Razor's hold, leaps off the couch and runs into the darkness.

"Careful! Watch out for desks... I mean, You Can't Hide Forever!" Razor turns and bolts into the darkness after her, cackling like a maniac. As blackness envelopes her she stops to listen. She hears the sound of hoovesteps slide under a desk at the far corner of the room.

"I've got you now." She whispers to herself, silently tiphoofing over to the noise. She bends below the desk and growls, feeling around.

"BOO!" Razor springs backwards into a chair. The voice she heard definitely wasn't Fluttershy's, unless?

"Lil' Sis?" Razor strains trying to see her in the dark.

She giggles and whispers to her, "Yeah, it's me! Do you want to know where Fluttershy is?"

Razor whispers back "No, that's cheating... And spying is rude."

"Alright, I'll go... Seeya later... Vampire hunter."

"Just call me, Dr. Clopnelius Van Horseing."

Her sister laughs and makes her way upstairs, to give them some privacy. As soon as Razor hears her hooves hit the top step, she continues the hunt!

*****

After several hours of hiding from one another, Razor finally declares Fluttershy the winner, thirteen to twelve. Fluttershy helps her up and together they walk back to the couch. They both flinch in pain from the discolored wounds strewn across their bodies, but neither of them mind. They had a great time, and the worst pain they feel now is hunger.

Fluttershy holds her stomach as it groans, "Oh, when was the last time I ate? This morning?"

Razor does the same, "At least you ate once! All I've had is that cookie." She looks up into her kitchen and thinks about the delicious rabbit waiting for her in the fridge.

Fluttershy hops off the couch and turns to face her. "Well... I've had a wonderful time tonight!"

Razor smiles back, "Me too!"

"I guess I'll head home now... for dinner... uh, bye bye Razor!"

Razor dramatically throws her hooves out at Fluttershy, "Wait! You never taught me any friendship lessons?"

Fluttershy pauses, "Oh, well... I can tell you them tomorrow... Oh wait, I have a meeting with Twilight in the morning."

Razor pouts at the news. "It's ok, I can come over afterwards."

"Well, Ok!" Razor watches as Fluttershy makes her way to the door. When she hears it open she calls out, "Bye Fluttershy!"

Her small voice can be heard calling back, "Bye!" As the door closes behind her. Razor lays down on the couch and relaxes after a long and wonderful day with her friend. "She really is my friend!" Razor envisions, staring at the ceiling. Her candles have almost burnt completely out and soon she will be immersed back into total darkness, besides the small amount of light shining from her kitchen. She feels the wounds on her back tingling and closes her eyes, thinking of all the fun they had today.

A voice calls from the staircase, "Don't fall asleep now, or you'll have to cook that rabbit tomorrow... with her here!"

"I'm not going to fall asleep, I just want to, take a moment to... reflect." Razor takes in a deep breath and continues thinking of Fluttershy.

"Hmmm... Sure." Her hoofsteps can be heard as she walks back upstairs to leave Razor in peace.

*****

As the door closes behind her, Fluttershy looks up into the orange sky. She trots off onto the dirt road and makes her way further into town. The streets are already fairly barren at this time of day, but through the cracks of shutters pony eyes peak out.

Several neighbors of Razor watched as their beloved Fluttershy went back into that horrible place. With fear they waited and watched, hoping she would be ok. Luckily, she seemed to be happy as ever trotting away from the dank place. But her body was covered in strange blue spots nopony could make out. They figured it was probably nothing though, if Fluttershy is happy so are they.

She continues home through the town, across the bridge and up to her cottage. Angel sits in the window waiting impatiently just as before, for his food. Fluttershy sees him and smiles back, humming a tune all the way to her door.

She opens it and greets him, "Hi Angel! Sorry I'm late... again."

He glares at her, wondering why she isn't getting to work yet. He sees the blue marks all over her but doesn't think anything of it, it's not the most important thing to him right now.

She realizes that and happily gets to work feeding all her animals and fixing Angel's dinner just as she does everyday. And, just like everyday, Angel finds something wrong with his meal. Fluttershy hates that she can never get it right, but she is too happy and hungry today to care. After finally finishing with all her chores she makes herself another snack and heads upstairs to go to bed.

She nestles under the covers feeling the marks all over her body sting from the pressure of the sheets. They remind her of Razor's house and how much fun she had. With thoughts of them rolling through her head and her eyes getting heavier by the second, she eventually drifts off into a pleasant slumber.

*****

"Hey, Razor? Razor!" Razor feels hooves rock her back and forth. "Razor wake up." She opens her eyes and sees nothing but the small light from the kitchen. She turns towards the voice and lets out a long yawn.

"I thought I told you not to fall asleep?" She scolds. Razor pushes her away and sits up. Her stomach lets out a fierce growl, making her clench it tightly. She looks into the darkness at her sister.

"What time is it?" She asks, slowly beginning to slide off the couch.

"I think it's around three A.M. or something?" Razor walks into the kitchen holding her stomach from the pain. She burps and opens up the fridge, "Three huh? Well that means I've gone, uh... fourteen hours without eating!"

Razor reaches in and pulls the rabbit out, she sets it on the counter and unravels it from the plastic. "When did Fluttershy leave?"

"I think around, nine?"

She pulls out a pan and some ingredients out of a few cabinets and sets them near the meat. "I've been asleep for six hours!? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I've just been... busy." She hears her sister jump up onto the couch in the darkness and lay down. "Busy wandering through the town."

Razor seasons the meat and turns on the oven. "Wandering around town? Um... what did you see?" She puts the meat in the oven and steps around the corner to listen better.

"Not anything too fantastic... but it's nice to get out every once in a while. Ya know?"

Razor looks towards the front door, "Ya I guess?" She walks through the dark to the door and opens it up. As it creaks open a cool night breeze blows through, carrying the smell of the forest nearby. Razor's stomach growls once more but she ignores it, soaking in the beautiful serenity of the moonlight.

The meat still has around 12 minutes left, so she decides to go outside. She trots out, closing the door behind her and turns around to looks up at the decrepit house she calls home. She slowly walks around to the left side of it, admiring the chipping paint and deteriorating shutters that litter the building. Her beige walls, faded pink windows, thriving vines, and especially her grey slate roof all give her a melancholy feeling as she looks up upon them. Her house looks heartbroken and beautiful in her eyes, and she is thankful for how lucky she was to have found it.

She spends a few more minutes cherishing the architecture before the smell of rabbit hits her nose. Her stomach lets out a cry for sustenance and she quickly answers it. She rushes in and carefully pulls it out with an oven pad, placing it on the stove top. She then gets to work, preparing a nice meal for herself.

"So, what were you dong outside?"

Razor can barely hear her over the chorus of sizzles popping in front of her, "What? Oh, outside! I was just admiring this magnificent castle we live in."

"Castle? This house is anything but a castle. It's more like a good sized shack... No! Not just a shack, a ramshackle shack!"

"Don't insult it!" Razor pets the wall nearby, "Don't listen to her... I think ur boodiful." She nuzzles the counter and kisses it.

Her sisters eyes can practically be heard rolling in her head as Razor continues fixing up her plate. She lays the main course out on top of some lettuce and lines it with a few veggies. She then places the garnish on top and carries it to the couch in her mouth. After feeling around for a bit she finds the coffee table and sets it down. She walks over to the drawer and pulls out a few candles.

"Well... I will let you eat, in peace." Her sister gets up and goes upstairs while Razor sets all her candles up around the table. She lights them all and backs away to get a good view of picturesque dinner. "Perfect."

With her stomach groaning louder than ever, she walks out of the room and back into the kitchen to clean up the mess she'd made. She turns off the stove, puts away all her utensils and wipes off the counter. She pours herself a glass off water and carries it to the coffee table to make her dinner complete.

*****

After a nice hot meal Razor is wide awake. She puts all her dishes in the sink and blows out all her candles, ready to do something. She hollers up to her sister "Hey! Are you doing anything?"

She grumpily yells back "I'm trying to sleep!"

"Oh, sorry!... Goodnight!"

"Goodnight!" Razor looks around her house, "Hmmm... What should I do?" Through a crack in the shutters some moonlight shines through. "The moon sure is bright out tonight. Ooh, I'll go outside again!" Razor walks over to her door and opens it. The smell of the night hits her, instantly telling her she made the right choice.

She steps out again, into the night...