• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 700 Views, 19 Comments

"It's A Mystery!" - lunabrony



When the ponies are accidentally whisked into Rainbow's favorite radio program, the only way out... is to solve it. Unfortunately, the residents of Crystal Lake look a bit... familiar...

  • ...
2
 19
 700

3 - The One With The Introductions

The air around Crystal Lake was calm and warm. The weather was tolerable and cooperative, and under most circumstances the lake would be filled with laughing children and relaxing adults. That was before the rumors of a terrifying headless pony had made the rounds of the local village. The air rippled with humidity, and perhaps a bit of something else.

Rarity was the first to be spat out of the vortex, with Fluttershy attached to her back legs. Rainbow Dash followed, then Twilight, who had Spike attached to her tail. All were spat out attached to each other as a string of fur and feathers, crashing into each other as the ground.

Rainbow was first up, her eyes darting in every direction. She might have recognized the place a bit faster had it not merely been described on a radio program, thus there was no visual comparison to make. Fluttershy made a whimpering sound as she'd landed fairly forcefully on her wing, and stumbled to her hooves.

"Rainbow Dash, what am I wearing?" She asked timidly. "I mean, if you don't know, that's okay..."

The multi colored mare looked over at Fluttershy, her eyes widening with excitement. Fluttershy was dressed in some sort of workout gear, with a black headband around her mane and stretchy black wristbands around her hooves."No way!" She exclaimed. "You're Shadow Chaser!"

"Who?"

"Okay, like, in my show, there's this group called Phantasm that goes around solving mysteries. You're Shadow Chaser, a fairly timid and cowardly mare with good intentions. She tries to be brave and hides her fear by doing workout sessions instead, making her the fastest one in the group."

"Oh, I think I can handle that," Flutters whispered.

"And me?" Rarity asked, looking down at the flowing white robe she was wearing. "I'm all for a new ensemble, but this outfit absolutely clashes with my coat. I may have to improve it."

"Dojo Diva," Rainbow continued. "A no nonsense fashionista with a kick as deadly as her attitude. She's the usual defensive mechanism for the group, and extremely effective when she isn't getting herself kidnapped or something."

Rarity scoffed. "Kidnapped, me?" She repeated incredulously. "We'll just see about that."

Rainbow Dash looked down at herself, wearing a snazzy one piece vest. "That brings us to Storm, the self designated leader of the group, slightly egotistical, but reliable. Very good at solving puzzles."

Fluttershy shifted uncomfortably. "Are you sure this show wasn't secretly designed for us?"

"Pretty sure," Rainbow said. "And finally, I'm missing... oh, crap."

Rarity frowned. "What is it, darling?"

"The last member of the group. She's..."

Twilight was spat out of the sky at a violent velocity, skidding upon the ground. It took her a moment to stand up, leading to gasps from the rest of the group.

"I see..." Fluttershy whispered.

"What?" Twilight asked. "Did I mess up my mane?" She looked down, immediately noticing the sharp talons that replaced her hooves. She screamed.

Fluttershy screamed.

Rarity gasped.

"Everypony stop screaming!" Rainbow shouted. "Theodora Saurus, called Thesaurus for short. A brilliant student and intellectual. And... a gryffon."

"Well that's just fantastic," Twilight said, trying to get a look at herself. Her feathers were a deep, dark purple, with pink highlights on her wings and on the tips of the feathers extending over her forehead. She was dressed in a white collared shirt and dark blue skirt, in what appeared to be some sort of school uniform. A much younger gryffon was clutching her tail, still having its thick hatchling fluff.

"And Ferris," Rainbow finished. "A young orphaned gryphon chick who follows Thesaurus around."

"Why do I always get the lame roles?" Spike complained.

"So what do you think?"

"I think we have a mystery to solve, gang!" Rainbow announced. Rarity facehooved.

"The only mystery in this place is how we're going to get out of this dreadful place," the fashionista complained.

"Sorry, that's what Storm always says."

"We are so gonna get killed," Twilight sighed.