• Published 31st May 2014
  • 1,317 Views, 12 Comments

Trixie Lulamoon: Child of the Moon - FenixBlaze979



Trixie is attempting to turn her life around for the better. A blessing in disguise appears before her, and leads her on a journey to find what she is capable of while learning how to keep the friends that care about her in her heart.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,317

2. The Graceful Moon: Trixie's Fresh Start

Trixie was exhausted when she finally made it back to her trailer. She placed the mare near the campfire base, and then flopped down, heaving the leaves and sticks over to the base. Trixie took a few moments to catch her breath. She was sprawled out near the campfire closest to the trailer home. Her eyes glazed over to the sleeping mare, which still lay silently. Trixie, struggling to lift herself up, sparked her horn, lighting the dry sticks and leaves, creating a fire. While the campfire blazed on brilliantly, Trixie hurried inside to get the ingredients for her dinner, and some of the cookware necessary for preparation. Trixie placed the ingredients into the cast-iron pot, hanging in a stick stabilized with two upright sticks, and began to stir. Vegetable stew was the only thing Trixie could make for herself, but sometimes, Winding Clock would give Trixie groceries as a bonus wage, which added to the miniscule pantry she had for herself in the trailer home. With little variety to work with, Trixie just had to get creative with her soups. As Trixie continued cooking, the starry-mane mare stirred awake from the sounds of the campfire. She looked around, dazed in wondering where she was. Trixie found it amusing as the alicorn pony still looked around the area confused as ever.

“So, you’re finally awake, huh?” Trixie smirked with her usual swagger. The mare was taken aback by Trixie’s presence, but almost as instantly as she was startled, she quickly calmed down.

“Where am I?” the mare asked, still confused.

“Well, I found you lying in the forest, passed out, while I was gathering campfire fuel. You know, normally, the Great and Powerful Trixie wouldn’t help just an ordinary soul lying on the ground, but a woodland creature was so concerned about you that I couldn’t resist getting you out of there”, Trixie then furrowed her brows, “What in the hell were you doing there anyway?”

The dark blue mare seemed to get her bearings as she answered Trixie’s question. “After I raised the moon up for the night, I heard someone calling for help towards Fillydelphia. I flew over there in a hurry, but then I felt something blunt hit my back. I don’t remember anything past that point, I’m afraid. Sorry to have troubled you…Ouch!” Her face grimaced as she tried to move her wings. “Well, there goes trying to fly.”

“That doesn’t seem right…” Trixie then caught herself, giving herself a shocking expression on her face, “Wait a moment, did you just say, raised the moon up for the night? There’s only one pony that can do such a thing…are you…?”

The mare stood up through her pain, and spoke with a royal fervor in her voice, “Indeed! I am Princess Luna, Keeper of Dreams, and Ruler of the Night!”

“Aha! Trixie knew it all along!” Trixie exclaimed, “You’re cutie mark is unmistakable, Your Highness!”

“Yes, it is true”, said Luna as she looked at the spots on her rump, “You must be the Great and Powerful Trixie, then, the one from the incident about seven months ago?”

Trixie’s jubilation was quickly shot down from Luna’s last sentence. “Yes, you’re right, but I am a changed mare now!”

“I know, my loyal subject”, Luna responded with a calming tone.

“Wait, how do you know?” Trixie asked.

“Do you not remember?” Luna cocked her head quizzically, “I said I was the Keeper of Dreams in my introduction.”

“Oh, right”, Trixie vaguely recalled the booming intro by the princess, “Trixie finds that interesting…and creepy.”

Princess Luna chuckled when Trixie gave her reaction to Luna’s dream walking ability. “I know it is strange, but do not be afraid. It is only with good intentions that I enter pony’s dreams just to make sure there aren’t any bad ones. I will say they are…interesting to say the least”, Luna looked on, still wincing from the pain as she continued, “I have noticed within your dreams, there is a lot of darkness. It also looks like you were crying recently as well. You will have to face those fears, eventually.”

Trixie hid away her face from Luna as she tried to distract her. “Looks like the soup is ready, Your Highness! I hope you still have an appetite.”

Luna smiled at Trixie’s kind gesture. “I am quite famished. Thank you, for saving me in the forest, and for the meal. You can be a kind mare, when you want to be, I guess.”

Trixie, pretending not to hear the princess’ last remark, poured herself some soup. She loved the taste she whipped up with her mixed vegetables. The princess seemed to enjoy her soup as well.

Some time passed before they finished their meals. Trixie’s horn lit up as she gathered the cookware and the bowls and spoons to head back into their respective storage places. She floated the bowls and the spoon in the wash bin where she would wash and rinse the bowls and silverware. Luna yawned, still feeling groggy and hurt from her predicament. She was mellowing in her thoughts; something about a child of the moon prophecy that her sister, Princess Celestia, had talked about one time. It was so vague that Luna could hardly remember, but it had to do with Luna having her own protégé, similar to how Twilight Sparkle is Princess Celestia’s protégé.

The princess’ ears perked up as Trixie came back outside from washing dishes. Trixie, tired herself, plopped down near the campfire and shut her eyes for a little bit. Luna felt it was the opportune time to share her thoughts with her new companion.

“O, Trixie. Thank you for being so gracious. I need thy rest however, so I’ll be heading to sleep.” Luna said as she lay down, closing her eyes.

“Good night, Luna”, Trixie yawned as she went into her trailer. Trixie felt that she needed her rest too. She got ready for bed as she covered Luna with a worn and tattered blanket Trixie had stowed away in her closet.