• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,042 Views, 43 Comments

Button's secret admirer - djpon5



Button Mash has been in love with Sweetie Belle since the first day he met her. \But there is another filly who feels the same way about button as he does for Sweetie. But when this filly comes forward Button abandons Sweetie how will she take this?

  • ...
9
 43
 3,042

An Unexpected Meeting

It was a normal day in Ponyville. The sky was clear of clouds thanks to the weather team and Button Mash was getting ready for his first day of school in Ponyville.

"Mom I'm ready for school!" Button yelled out of his room.

"Okay honey I'll see you when you come home!" She called back to him.

Button trotted out the door and began his journey to school. He played his Joy Boy as he walked thats when he bumped into a pink filly. he dropped his Joy Boy and fell to the ground along with the filly.

"Hey watch where...where..." The filly never finished her scentence. She stared at the colt in front of her who was getting up.

"Sorry about that I wasn't watching where I was going," Button said offering his hoof to help the pink filly up.

" Its okay." she said taking his offered hoof.

" Wait where is my Joy Boy?" Button said looking around for his game. Then he saw it broken on the sidewalk, the pink filly noticed too.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I..." She didn't finish because Button pulled out another and started to play it again.

"Uhhh... so whats your name?" the pink filly asked the brown colt.

"Oh Button Mash." He said but then he looked right past the filly at the white unicorn walking to the school house."Who is that?"He asked in awe.

"Who? Sweetie Belle?" The filly looked at the unicorn walking into the classroom." Why are you staring at her like that?"

"She is so beautiful." Button said as he put his Joy Boy away into his saddle bag.

" Whats so special about that blank flank?" The filly asked Button.

"Blank flank?" He asked looking confused.

" You know, no cutie mark. But ii havve mine see." she turns to show Button her tiara shaped cutie mark." My name is Diamond Tiara the way."

" Yeah uhhuh." Button said paying no real attention to the filly.

" I guess I'll see you at school then?" And she walked away leaving Button in awe of Sweetie Bell.

" Yeah sure see you later." Button said quickly.

Diamond tiara arrived In the class room before Button and sat in her usual seat. Button walked in and moved to an empty seat as close to Sweetie Belle as he could. Diamond Tiara turned around and looked at the chalk board instead. After a full day of school Diamond Tiara tried to catch up to Button Mash but he raced to Sweetie Belle and began talking to her at an alarming rate. When he finished talking Sweetie Belle blushed and they walked away together.

"Well who needs him? Not me that's for sure." Diamond Tiara tried to convince herself but she knew now what she was feeling deep down inside of herself. She was in love with Button Mash! She didn't know how or why she just knew that he was the one she wanted to spend time with but it seemed like Button liked Sweetie Belle more than he could ever love her. It was after this that she decided to send the first love letter to Button.

The next day Button was awakened by the sound of the mailbox. He jumped out of bed and raced to open it because he was expecting a new video game soon but when he opened the box all he found was a fancy looking pink envelope... addressed to him? he looked around for the mailman but he was nowhere to be seen. Button opened the letter and read it.

" Since yesterday, when I first layed eyes on you I've loved you and now that you are reading this letter I hope that you feel the same about me but if you don't, I will understand.
sincerely: Your secret admirer."

Buttons cheeks flushed red and put the letter back into the envelope and as he walked away he said aloud" I knew Sweetie Belle liked me!"

Nearby in the bushes Diamond Tiara was facehoofing herself repeatedly" How stupid can you possibly be?!" she yelled when Button was out of earshot." the envelope was pink! Sweetie Belle likes purple." Diamond Tiara walked home with he head down that day that's when she bumped back into Button.

"Oh hey Diamond." He said cheerfully to her.

"W....what you know my name?" she looked very surprised at this.

"Well yeah you told me remember?" He looked at her with a strange expression.

"I didn't think you were listening to me." She said blushing.

" Well I heard you its called multitasking. I do it all the time." Button said smiling at her.

"Oh well do you maybe want to come hang out at my house sometime?" Diamond pleaded with the universe to make Button say yes.

" Sure." Button said.

Thank Celestia for that.

"Okay I'll see you there then." She said smiling.

"Yeah see you later Diamond." He called to her as she ran to her house as fast as she could her heart fluttering.

Diamond Tiara sat next to the front door of her house waiting for Button to walk through the door but that never happened after about seven hours of waiting she gave up and walked to her room with her head hung low." He isn't so cool I don't know why I even asked him to come to my house." she thought to herself. The next day Diamond Tiara walked to school with Silver Spoon. She was talking to Diamond but she didn't really care at this point she just wanted to be left alone.

" Oh hi Diamond Tiara." Button said walking by her to the school house.

"Hi Bu...." But she didn't finish because she saw him walk straight to Sweetie Belle.

" What's so great about Sweetie Belle?!" Diamond Tiara said to herself." I guess I'll have to find out for myself." she said walking faster to the school house.