• Published 18th May 2014
  • 1,065 Views, 17 Comments

I Could Do So Much More... - Fre3doM



He's the Doctor. He helps everypony. But nopony is there to help him.

  • ...
3
 17
 1,065

The Doctor is Dying

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoy this. It's a Doctor Who/MLP crossover, obviously.
Recommended Listening

I take a deep breath, enjoying the calm demeanor of the day. It's a clear blue sky, a few wispy clouds populate the sky, but it is still an amazing day. I watch the ponies of town go about their day, enjoying the warm breeze lofting through their manes, blowing around the smell of fresh produce. I take a deep breath, enjoying the fragrant smells. And then He comes to mind. I conjured what he looked like the first time any of us saw him. A very close cropped mane and tail, jet black. Just like the coat he wore. It had been form fitting, what looked like leather. His dark cobalt coat had been a bit matted, but he had just ran through the Everfree. That had been a few months ago. He hadn't talked much, just ran out of the Everfree, asked if everypony was ok. We had all looked at him oddly. When we had told him "Yes", he seemed rather elated. We saw him a few more times, and then he changed.

The next time we saw him, he had a light brown coat and mane. It was combed back and medium length. Derpy took a liking to him almost instantly. Nopony seemed to connect the two, but I did. The way they acted, the mysterious blue box around town...they're the same and I know it. I know why, too. I read Derpy's journal. She said she's been all over time and space. Most ponies would say that it was all because Derpy was just writing a novel, or that she was describing her dreams. But then, Derpy couldn't keep straight which was the older of the royal sisters. Derpy was terrible at keeping track of dates. But the way she described the places she visited, it was all too vivid. It felt like I had been there, the way she described things.

The Doctor, she had called him. She described the way he had regenerated, apparently when he was trying to prevent disaster from striking Ponyville. "It's sad, but amazing at the same time! When the Doctor gets hurt, he can regenerate into a whole new pony! Of course...he changes...and I don't want my Doctor to change. I want him to stay the same."

She spoke so highly of him, the way he tried to help everyone, not just ponies. He tried to save his enemies too.

"We went into the future. The Changelings had taken over Equestria, and we joined in with a bunch of ponies trying to destroy the main hive. He wanted to talk to the leader of the Changelings, they wanted to blow it up with a megaspell. He knew when the bomb was going to explode. He had pleaded with the queen to leave, he warned her about the bomb. She had just yelled and refused to leave. He looked so sad when we left. I asked him why and he said thousands of life-forms had just died. He's so noble."

Screaming. Derpy screaming, specifically. I saw her running, tears in her eyes. "Everyone, we need to help him!" Everyone stared at her, but I new what she was talking about. There was only one pony she would be concerned about.

I took off, following her. I was sure that a few more would follow soon, but they would get there first. We ran to Fluttershy's cottage. I watched him stumble from the Everfree, his tie and collar gone. I could see he was hurting, and that he needed help.

"Doctor!" Derpy yelled. There was so much pain in her voice, she looked over at me as we went, her eyes watering and pleading for us not to be too late.

He stumbled a few steps towards us, and then he collapsed. As we closed the distance, I could see the deep cuts that covered his body. "Derpy, what happened!?"

She shuddered, shaking her head. "Timber Wolves."

The Doctor looked at me, and then at Derpy. I had herd him talk before, and he was so confident. What left his mouth was the opposite. It was weak, afraid.

"I don't want to go..."

Derpy collapsed by him, crying. A golden aura had begin to surround the Doctor.

The telltale sign of a regeneration.

I collapsed by him, looking at his wounds. I was no doctor, and that was what he needed.

He repeated himself. "I don't want to go." He was looking at me now.

"Shh..." I tried to comfort him. "It'll be alright, Doctor."

Both of them stared at me, confused as to how I could know who he was, but that wasn't important.

"Derpy...you know what happens when he regenerates. Go."

The grey mare looked at me, then at her Doctor, then back at me, knowing I was right. She trotted a safe distance away.

The Doctor was shaking, tears forming in his eyes. "I don't want to go..."

"Shh..." I gently stroked his mane, laying down by him "I'll sing you to your sleep."

He closed his eyes, accepting his fate.

It is coming through the dark.
Doctor you have met your mark.
Your song is ending, don't you cry.
When you hear him knock four times.
You're going to regenerate.
A new colt will trot away.
It was not a game you played tonight.
For the fate of all pony-kind.
We will both be by your side.
You will always save our lives.
Not much longer now.
Not much time to wait.
You know today is your last day.
I'll sing you to your sleep.
Just one more thing before you go.
We'll make sure everypony knows.
All through time for those you've helped.
The Doctor is dying. The Doctor is dying.
The last white point star is a trap for the Master.

"I don't want...to go..." He let out feebly, the golden aura surrounding his body by then. I stroked his mane one last time, before standing up and going to Derpy. She was crying, watching the scene unfold in front of her.

I wrapped an arm around her, watching the scene unfold in front of us. He was engulfed in the bright glow, his body radiating it. It glowed so bright we couldn't see it, and then it began to fade. The Doctor put his hooves underneath him, pushing himself up. His coat was ashen, his mane returning back to jet black, but it had kept it's length, combed off to the side. The emerald eyes contrasted the previous's blue. The Doctor stared at us, then back at his body. He shakily walked towards us, Derpy breaking down and weeping. I held her close, watching as the new Doctor closed the distance. He lifted her face to meet his, nuzzling her.

"I'm still here, Derpy." He looked at me, giving me a sly smile. "You wouldn't happen to have a fez, would you? Fezzes are cool."