• Published 17th May 2014
  • 1,034 Views, 13 Comments

A Guide to Recent Equestrian History - mint20



A Guide to the Recent Past, including the final years of the Equestrian Republic, the Reign of Discord, the War of the Bloodied Crystals, and the most recent decade.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,034

New Challenges

New Challenges
2159-2188 AW (and beyond)

From the Reign of Discord, ponykind has made a great deal of progress thus far in our tale. The nation has a functioning government, a new currency. The ponies have managed to more or less overcome a feeling of discrimination against each other, and the society was at least relatively united. That is good, because while the nation had defeated one enemy, many more still awaited their turn to challenge the nation of ponies, each one with their own type of threat. The next century would shape our nation, changing it, bending it, forging it. In the end, the pony nation that emerged from the Celestial Years of Peace would not recognize the nation that entered the War of Bloodied Crystals, or the nation that decided to strike at Lord Tirek. When all is said and done, these events would set the world stage for ponies to dominate and control world politics for centuries to come.