• Published 15th May 2014
  • 1,001 Views, 8 Comments

Minus One - A MLP:FIM Fan Fiction - RedZobe



A tragic event occurs when the Cutie Mark Crusaders go exploring.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,001

Chapter 2

Applebloom sat at the table, playing with her glass of water. Applejack trotted into the dining room and noticed the depressed Applebloom. She walked over to her.

“You OK little sis'?” Applejack asked.
Applebloom looked at her and said nothing, then she started to cry. Applejack put a hoof around her for comfort.

“It's OK Applebloom. I know its a hard thing for you to be dealing with now” Applejack said quietly.

“She died in front of my own eyes! I could of saved her... I could of...” Applebloom weakly said before crying again.

Applebloom wiped some of the tears from her cheeks and got off the chair.

“I just...just...just need some time to myself.” Applebloom hiccuped. She slowly walked up to her room.

Applejack sighed. Big Mac walked into the room.

“Still greiving?” Big Mac asked.

“Do you know what gets to me the most? That she...witnessed one of her own friends die before her. The thought of it is just...” Applejack began to softly cry. Big Mac walked to her and put a hoof round her.

“I know sis, I know.” Big Mac said calmly. “All we can do is help Applebloom through this difficult time.”

*

Applebloom lay on her bed weeping. She couldn't help but repeat the horrific events in her head. Every time she thought of it, she cried.

“Wh-why did it-t have to hap-pen? She hiccuped quietly, wiping off the tears that streamed down her cheeks.

Applebloom tried to erase the event from her memory, but it just wasn't possible.

“Staying in my room isn't going to bring her back.” She said quietly to herself.

Applebloom jumped of the bed and walked to the door. At the corner of her eye, she saw a picture. It was a picture of all three members of The Cutie Mark Crusaders. She got the picture and looked at it. It was a picture of them at her 10th birthday party. They were all posing and smiling in the picture. The moment Applebloom saw Scootaloo, she put the picture down and cried.

“She di-in't deserve th-h-is...” Applebloom sniffled.

Her door opened to reveal Applejack. Applebloom noticed marks on her face, as if she had been crying.

“Have you been crying?” Applebloom asked.

“Clearly you have” Applejack responded. “Do you want to come to the florist to get some flowers for Scoot's coffin?”

Applebloom nodded.

“I suppose.” Applebloom sighed.

*

For some reason, Ponyville wasn't so cheerful today. Was it that the clouds were grey? Was it that Rainbow Dash had overslept again and forgot to clear them? Or... Applebloom tried not to think about Scootaloo. Applejack and Applebloom arrived at the florist.

“I wanna give Scootaloo the best flowers there is, sis'” Applebloom said.

“I will guarantee it sis'. I'll get her flowers that she'll never forget.” Applejack happily said.

The bell rang as Applejack and Applebloom entered the florist.

“Wait here sis'” Applejack said.

Applejack walked to the desk and rang the bell.

“Sorry there! Coming!” shouted a voice from upstairs.

Mrs Crown trotted down the stairs and to the desk.

“Hello Applejack, what can I help you with today?”

Applejack looked at Applebloom, who was observing some roses.

“Can we discuss something? I don't want Applebloom to hear.” Applejack whispered.

Mrs Crown looked confused

“Umm...ok then.” She said, and took Applejack upstairs.

They went into Mrs Crown's bedroom, which was beautifully decorated with flowers off all sorts.

“What do you need to talk to me about? Fire away, I'm ready.” Mrs Crown said, with a smile on her face.

“Well, it's about...well... did you hear about that fillys death?” Applejack nervously said.

Immediately the smile on Mrs Crowns face changed to a frown and her ears dropped.

“Oh yes. Tragic isn't it? I feel sorry for her family. Must be having a stress of a time dealing with it.” Mrs Crown sadly said.

“Well...the thing is...well...Applebloom and Scootaloo were really good friends...and it just hurts me to know that she will never see her again.” Applejack mournfully said.

Mrs Crown nervously pawed the floorboard. She didn't know what else to say. She looked at Applejack, where a small tear was forming.

“I'm...I'm sorry to hear that. Applebloom must be extremely upset.” Mrs Crown sadly said.

“Yeah, she couldn't stop crying last night about her. I was shocked myself when I heard about the accident.” Tears began to stream down Applejack's face “She was only 9 years old...why take such...such a young life away?”

Mrs Crown walked to Applejack and gave her a hug.

“It's OK hun'. There, there now. It was not your fault; these things happen, and I can understand how you feel.” Mrs Crown calmly said.

Applejack soon calmed down and wiped away her tears.

“So sorry you had to see that. Now, what was I here to tell you about? Applejack tapped her hoof, trying to remember. “Ah, yes. I need some of you're best flowers, for Scoots coffin.”

“Indeed. Let's go back downstairs to have ourself a look.” Mrs Crown said as she opened the door. Applejack left the room first followed by Mrs Crown, who then closed the door and followed Applejack downstairs.

“You took your time! What were you talkin' about?” Applebloom asked.

“Nothing for you to worry about sis'.” Applejack said and began browsing the flowers with Mrs Crown. Applebloom watched them look at different flowers.

“These one look good...no, these ones...those ones...no, no. That will never do...Oh, I can't decide!” Applejack grumbled.

“How about these ones?” Mrs Crown suggested, pulling out a basket of red roses, with the middle part coloured in yellow and white.

“What type of flowers are these? Never seen them before.” Applejack asked.

“There Rainbow Flowers, or that's what I call them myself. I don't know either, but they sure do look pretty.” Mrs Crown explained.

“Well, my decision is made. We will have those please.” Applejack said.

“You know what, have them on the house. It's for a good cause.” Mrs Crown said.

Applejack was surprised. Mrs Crown didn't usually give free stuff. But she said nothing and thanked her.

“C'mon Applebloom, time we got these stored in time for the funeral.” Applejack called.

Applebloom scurried after Applejack out the shop. As they walked back to Sweet Apple Acres, Applebloom spotted Sweetiebelle walking down the street, obviously looking down. Applejack spotter her to.

“You wanna hang out for a bit? I'll get these stored.” Applejack asked.

Applebloom nodded.

“OK then. See you later.” Applejack said, and continued on her journey. Applebloom crossed over the road to greet Sweetiebelle.

“Hi Sweetiebelle. How you doing?” Applebloom asked.

“Oh, fine. You know, since what happened Saturday...” Sweetiebelle began to cry.

“Please, not here. Let's go somewhere... less crowded.” Applebloom said and leaded Sweetiebelle down an alleyway.
“Don't hold back. Just let out, I know how you feel.” Applebloom said.

Sweetiebelle started to cry again. She cried for about ten minutes, before she wiped the tears away and fixed her mane.

“I just...just can't believe what happened. She was such a loyal friend... “ Sweetiebelle quietly said.

“If we hadn't of..of gone near that fence, she would be with us right now. She would be enjoying her life to the full potential...but that...that can't happen now...” Applebloom sadly said.

“And think of Rainbow Dash, I bet she's upset to!” Sweetiebelle suddenly realized.

Applebloom suddenly remembered to.

“Oh yes! I bet she is really sad to! We must find her and help her to, we must!” Applebloom determinately said.

Applebloom raced back to the main street and Sweetiebelle followed en suite. They looked all around Ponyville, but no sign of Rainbow Dash could been seen.

“Where is she?” Sweetiebelle said, confused.

“We must find her; Celestia knows how much this tragic even has hit her!” Applebloom shouted.

Applebloom ran to the outskirts of Ponyville, followed by Sweetiebelle. They finally entered the Evertree Forest. As usual, the forest was miserable and frighting. But that didn't bother Applebloom and Sweetiebelle, they had a much bigger mission to attend to. After creeping round the forest for what felt like hours, Sweetiebelle spotted Rainbow Dash in the bushes. She was sitting near a tree, staring at it like an empty void.