• Published 7th May 2014
  • 7,328 Views, 239 Comments

Pokemon, A Whole 'New' Frontier - CroixAura



What happens to a trainer and his closest pokemon when Arceus decides to shift his children and worthy trainers to the world of ponies? A healthy dose of confusion and a lot of laughs.

  • ...
15
 239
 7,328

Bumpy Tracks

Author's Note:

Chapter Editing Finished?! Say it isn't so! Err...probably for the best.

The feeling that this train ride would be a long one had started to sink into everyone’s mind. While they had only been on the train for half an hour, it seemed there was no sign of slowing down. This had the wonderful effect of allowing them to explore the train car they had happened to land in. Having traveled the rails before in the other world, they could tell from the vibrations and bumps that they were near the rear of the train. Inside, at least, the floor was clean of dust and the boxes were arranged in a very open sort of way which told them that it was simply a tag along cart, but they also knew that, at the end of the trip, somepony would end up coming back here to open it.

“So...it seems like we’re going to be here awhile.” Jayce had finally managed to find the strength to get up and start wandering around the area. He could tell the majority of the crates were sealed shut while others seemed only to have lids on top. “Why don’t we take a look around? Maybe see if the car connects to the next one? At the very least, they might have some bedding material sitting around we could use.” However, that would require them getting into crates that weren’t theirs.

Hazel was the first to move, albeit a bit more shakily than Jayce was used to seeing. “Exploring? I like exploring, exploring can be fun, and when I explore…whoa!” His legs gave out from under him, causing him to thump down to the floor again. “Did you know exploring makes me shaky? I didn’t! That was so cool! Think I’ll lay down for a bit, yep, exploring makes me tired and a tired Hazel isn’t a fun Hazel. Hazel should always be fun.” Instead of trying to get up again, he curled into a ball on the floor with his head propped up on one of his forelegs. It seemed he had taken the brunt of the crash landing and his body was just telling him “no”.

A slight growl came from Nao, who hadn’t managed to quite get up yet. In fact, it seemed she was content with crawling over to Hazel to use him as a pillow. “We’ve been here half an hour, Jayce, and we ran most of the night, just get some rest.” She wouldn’t mention it was mostly Hazel who ran through the night or the fact that they’d napped just before jumping on board.

The bright side of being on a moving vehicle was that bumps were bound to happen. Better was the well timed bump that knocked Nao back over. And again a moment after that to knock her right back. “I hate trains!” she yelled as she started to get up. It seemed that gravity, or whoever laid the tracks, was agreeing with Jayce about getting up. Once on her paws, she moved over to Jayce to bopped him on the forehead lightly. “Can we sleep in a bed tonight? Maybe?” Her expression turned from one of annoyance to one of hope, though there wasn’t much of a difference between the two since one was frowning and one had a slight smirk on the side of her mouth. Only Jayce would be able to tell the difference.

“If we get to Canterlot tonight, maybe... it all depends on if they like us Pokémon or not. Considering how Hollow Shades was acting, I would guess not everyone likes us here.” Little did he know that was an understatement of legendary proportions… depending on who you asked. “But if not, I’ll try to find us somewhere comfortable,” he said as he rubbed his head. “And ow, Jayce doesn’t like when Nao hits him.” That earned him another boop which caused Viola to laugh.

The former gym leader had found a place to sit atop a few crates, which had allowed her to watch the others with a bit of amusement. “You two are adorable! With a bit more lighting and a camera, you two would make the perfect picture. Not that you aren’t perfect now, but a little extra never hurts.” Floating down from her perch, she landed a few paces from the two. “Though Jayce is right, we should take a look around. Maybe find some more food?” As Pokémon, they had to constantly eat to keep up their strength, which was hardly a challenge unless they didn’t have food.

Another bump shook the whole cart, enough so that it urged Jayce to get a look outside. Moving away from Nao, he tried to focus on using Psychic to open the train door. It took a few seconds before he felt the skill take effect, which was visible by the blue outline around both Jayce and the door. From the slam earlier, the door barely budged at first, but slowly slid open with a loud, creaky, grindy sound. Letting out a pant, Jayce made his way to the door to peer out. “Now what is…”

Beneath the train, it seemed as if the ground was moving up and down: one might even mistake the movement for mud. It even took Jayce and the others a moment to figure out exactly what was going on. “Are those…” Jayce asked as he squinted.

Viola floated out the door a bit while using the train cart’s wall to keep stable, “It couldn’t be…”

“It is…” Finishing her statement with a facepaw, Nao took a few steps back as another bump jolted the train.

Sadly, this had the adverse effect of sending Jayce out the door since he’d been looking at the ground. With a yelp, he clung to the side of the train with panic and surprise in his eyes. “Heeeeelp!” Meowstic didn’t have the upper body strength to pull themselves up; Jayce was just lucky he had enough strength to actually hold on. From this vantage point, he could easily hear the voices of the Pokémon below him, hundreds of voices filled the air and each of them said the same thing.

“Diglett Dig. Diglett Dig. Diglett Dig.”

“Trio Trio Trio!”

A blue field surrounded Jayce as he was pulled back into the train. “This is bad. Really really bad.” He had only heard of this sort of thing happening once, maybe twice, while he was travelling in Kanto before. “Diglett stampede!” Up ahead, the train’s whistle blew furiously as the Diglett and Dugtrio started to rock the train back and forth as if it were a ship at sea. Up ahead, the group could hear screaming from both outside the train and the three passenger carts ahead. “Oh… no.” A thought occurred to him at this particular moment. “What do you think would happen if the train derailed?” That went over everyone like a bucket of ice water.

“Oh sweet Celestia, make it stop!” a shout rang out near their cart.

All Jayce had to do was point towards the door for Viola to take action. Because she could fly, Viola could easily duck out the train cart to take a look while holding on to the side to keep herself from flying backwards. Outside, she was surprised by the sight of two ponies bouncing back towards them on the top of the Diglett and Dugtrio. One was screaming while the other was trying his darndest to not lose his lunch. “Hey uh...guys...What would you think if this train was pulled by ponies?” Her head slowly turned back to Jayce and Nao with a disturbed look. “And say these ponies weren’t pulling the train?”

A silent glance went amongst the group as the head of a pony bounced into view and a hoof seemed to cling to the open door. Jayce rushed to the door as both Viola and Nao tried to pull that pony in while he tried to find the other one. A sick feeling washed over Jayce as he noticed how close the other pony was to the wheels of the car. His ears unfolded as he focused on pulling him away from the train while hoping he didn’t screw up. Slowly, the pony started to lift into the air with an expression of thanks and fear. Not letting the pony’s fear distract him, Jayce did his best to pull him into the train with his companion, both of which were out of breath.

Once in the train, the two ponies collapsed and breathed heavily, both thankful that the ground was being reasonably still. The two were both of the draft horse build and looked relatively similar to each other that anyone might call them siblings. “Thank Celestia!” The one who spoke seemed to be a light brown color with a coal colored mane.

The other one was doing his best to calm his stomach. “Yeah…” His coat was also a shade of brown, though, right now, it looked to have a tint of green to it. Neither really moved to get up, though the other one did seem to lock his eyes on the Pokémon around him.

“Hey, uh, bro...there’s some cat critters here and a bug looking thing. You don’t suppose they're some of those Pokémon things, do ya?” The first one started to move about as his eyes went around the Pokémon. “One of’em don’t look too happy.” Of course his eyes were locked on Nao who was almost always frowning.

Moving forward, Jayce put his hand on the sick pony’s head before looking him over. “Nao, could you?” This one was a bit more beaten than his brother was and the sickly green look wasn’t going away either. Pulling his satchel around, he started to pull out a few things: canteen, bandages, and a salve of some sort.

Nao stepped forward, which caused the pony to cringe, but when her ears opened, he looked a bit confused. “Try not to move so much. You don’t want me messing up, I assure you.” Her mind made contact first before she bridged it to Jayce and Viola. “And please, for the love of whoever you worship, don’t panic.” While she could understand why people and ponies might panic at an intrusion in their mind, it didn’t mean she had to like it. In fact, Nao downright hated it sometimes since, if she’d meant harm, she’d hardly have to tell them.

“What she means to say is try not to panic. I’m going to help your brother since he’s hurt.” It would be a cold day in hell before Jayce left an injured go untreated. Carefully, he ran his paws along the pony’s body as he tried to get a feel for anything that might be broken. Luckily, it seemed the damage was only bruises and a few cuts here and there. Jayce applied the salve, which smelled minty, to the bruises before wrapping the worst of the cuts and bruises in bandages. “By the way, I’m Jayce, the unhappy looking one is Nao, the Vivillon is Viola, and the sleeping lump over there - ” his ear motioned to Hazel who snoozed happily despite what was going on outside “ - is Hazel.”

The pony looked a little surprised as he fought the nausea of having his mind touched. “I uh..” Well he’d be darned these little critters were polite. Sorta anyway. “I’m Click and my brother there is Clack.” Click’s eyes locked on to Jayce as the critter tended to his brother’s wounds, thankful that somepony… thing… was willing to help without being asked. “Y’all know what’s going on out there, ground’s movin like it’s an earthquake but ah know it ain’t one of those.” Being an earth pony, he knew what an earthquake felt and looked like.

Nao’s own mind was racing at a different thought at this particular moment and it had something to do with what Viola had said. “Ignoring that question for now, I have one of my own. If you aren’t pulling the train, who is?” It wasn’t an overly hard question or even that complicated of one since she knew the answer. At least it was enough of an attention getter to make Click look outside.

“Right. Err, yep we might be out of control here.” Click muttered as he dragged himself closer to the door to look outside. “Eeeyup, we’re pickin’ up speed too.” For a moment or two, he looked rather calm before his expression changed to panic. “Runaway train!” Jumping from his spot, he tackled his brother and gave him a good, thorough shake. “Clack, wake up, oh sweet Celestia, wake up!”

A muffled groan came from under Click as his brother started to wake. “Get off.” Well, he certainly didn’t sound too happy about being woken up this way. “Wait.” Blinking his eyes open, Clack looked around until his eyes came to the door. A moment or two passed before he said anything else. “Why aren’t we stoppin’ the train?” Clearly, he didn’t remember getting beaten up by Diglett and Dugtrio nor did he seem to remember getting pulled into the train. Shakily, he pushed himself up to his hooves with the help of Click, who in turn helped Clack to the door to get a better look. “Eeyup, the ground’s still moving…”

For the moment, Jayce had stepped back to stand next to Nao so the two brothers could have a moment. “Those are Diglett and Dugtrio. They, uh, like to dig.” He’d not been able to figure out exactly why they were doing what they were doing, but seeing them stampede this way worried him a bit. From his last experience, they only did this when there was construction but, for all he knew, the vibrations from the train had been stirring them up to this. “This could go on for a while if they’re following the train, if not, then it’s really up to them to stop.”


Meanwhile, Viola was busy trying to figure out what exactly was going on outside. Once she felt the connection to Nao and Jayce, she headed out of the train once more and made her way towards the front by pulling herself along. Up ahead, she could hear the panicked screams of other ponies while the driver seemed to just love blowing that whistle. Further and further, she dragging herself until she was at the windows of the nearest passenger car. Inside, she could see a number of ponies but what worried her most was the sight of children, or what she assumed to be children. “There are children on board!” Calling out as loudly as she could as worry worked its way into her. Why did there have to be children on board? Rallying herself, she continued along the train.

From here, it was obvious the train was going downhill and that the Digletts were unintentionally causing the train to go faster and faster. As she moved along, the bumpiness seemed to become more constant as the train made it to the middle of the stampede. “Come on….come on.” She was trying to encourage herself to go With the wind constantly trying to tear her back from the train, her trip to the front would take a while which was really starting to annoy her. Of course, the wind wouldn’t be as bad if she kept them tucked to herself, but Viola had to use them to keep her balance.


Click, Clack, Jayce, and Nao were left staring at each other as the ponies seemed to debate whether or not to believe them. “So yer tellin’ me that a bunch of these Digletts and Dugtrio are diggin’ up our railroad?” It was Click who spoke first, as he seemed to be the most vocal of the two brothers.

While Click spoke, Clack remained near the door watching the ground. While he wasn’t the biggest fan of these Pokémon, these two did save his life so he’d trust them. For the moment, he would watch the things digging to see if they were moving in one direction or if they were following the train. It wasn’t doing much good sadly, with the citters bobbing up and down so quick that it was getting hard to tell if they were moving or just going up and down. “Heya, big brother? Ah think the blue’un is tellin’ the truth.” The closer he looked to the ground, the more details he was able to pick out.

“There are children on board!” The panic in Viola’s voice was more than enough to remind them of their current situation.

“Ah right, ah guess now’s not the time ta stare at each other. We need ta get this train slowed down or stopped. We got some brakes in the caboose which is the next car back. The problem is they could derail us if we don’t get the train ta slow down.” Click stood just a bit taller as he explained his plan which wasn’t really much of a plan.

Nao managed to look skeptical of the “plan” even while Click spoke. “He said derail, right?” Her eyes went straight to Jayce and it didn’t take a mind reader to tell exactly what she thought of the idea. The return look and grin she got from Jayce told exactly what she wanted to know. “You already have a plan, don’t you?”

It would be a a few heartbeats before Jayce answered, his eyes locked on the two ponies in front of him. Both were earth bound from what he could tell, and neither had horns, which meant they didn’t do magic. “Yeah… I do.” He was trying to remember some of those videos he’d seen of various psychic types doing different things. What had stood out to him was that a few used their psychic abilities to float. “If we can get to the front of the train, you can float me out in front.” Straight out, the plan was putting him in danger and Nao’s dislike of that was clear. “Listen to me, love. You float me out and I use Protect to push the Diglett away from the front of the train. It won’t be perfect, but it should move them out of the way long enough for the train to reach track.” Looking back to the two ponies, he continued. “And you two get the brakes once you feel the train straighten out.”

“Right, cause if the front car touches down, then it’s brakes can work too.” Click wore an impressed expression as he measured the blue one up. “Ah take it you’re the leader of this group here? Ya got a good head there.” To his side, Clack was nodding in agreement. “Well, let’s get this plan goin’, shall we?” Tapping his brother on the shoulder, he moved to the open door, peered out, then disappeared around the corner. Click was swiftly followed by Clack, who gave a wave before disappearing.

Finally taking the steps to end this crazy ride, Jayce and Nao stepped towards the open door. “Lift me up, Nao, then I’ll lift you up. If it goes well, we can use this to skip across train cars.” Up until this point, he’d only tried floating small things, so hopefully this would go well. If not, Nao might end up on the ground outside or worse, crushed. But if Nao had any doubt, she certainly didn’t show it as she placed a kiss on his cheek and stepped forward, with ears folding open. The subtle blue light of Psychic enveloped Jayce and soon, he too was out the door and resting on top of the car. “Deep breath, confidence, and will. Whatever I put my mind to I can do.” It was a mantra he’d used in the other world shortly after the accident.

“You can do it.” The feeling Jayce got from Nao was soft, she must have felt his nervousness.

Feeling a new confidence, he would let the skill take ahold of him, eyes glowing and ears flapping open, and he would pull Nao from the car below. For a moment or two, she floated above the ground before she was pulled up next to Jayce. Once Psychic went out, he put his arms around her and squeezed. “Thank you.” Together, they shared a moment before another bump of the train would remind them of their job.

Looking ahead, Jayce and Nao would look about the train until they spotted Viola, who was desperately clinging to the train whistle. Luckily for them, she had managed to disable the cursed thing. “Viola, can you hang on a bit longer? We’ll be down there as soon as we can!” A simple nod was all they got as an answer. But now, they had another problem to deal with. Being on top of the train left them vulnerable to the wind which was now whipping past them.

Traversing the train in this manner would be incredibly difficult, especially since they were so small and light. The first jump, as Jayce would call it later, had nearly sent Nao off the train but, after that one incident, things got better. Thankfully, the top of the train had divots and other protrusions they could latch on to. And so, the order would go like this: Nao over first to find a place to cling on to, then Jayce would follow up and cling to her. Step by step and car by car, they would make their way to the front car. By this point, Viola looked to be winded. She had angled her wings so that the wind was going over her instead of through her, which saved her a bit of struggle.

The mental link between the group had been maintained even this far. “Alright we’re in position, give a howler when y’all don yer part.” It was Click who gave them the signal to continue.

“Nao, can you move Viola so that she’s between the cars? We’re going too fast for her to keep up.” Now he didn’t know how strong a Vivillon’s wings could be, but he had the funny feeling they weren’t strong enough to keep up. Worse, he felt she might do some serious damage if she continued to hold on like that. In his travels, he had seen many injuries, some were not so bad while others were horrific. One stuck to his mind though, from when a Butterfree and a Scyther fought. The poor Butterfree’s wing was nearly sliced off in the fight. If memory served right, it had spent months in a Pokécenter for both surgery and physical therapy.

He need not explain any further as Nao wrapped a psychic blanket around her. “See if you can calm the children a bit, I can hear their screaming from here.” Nao’s voice was calm, though the way she said it was more of a statement rather than a question.

Once Viola was tucked away safely inside, Jayce and Nao got back to work. It wasn’t much further from here until they were at the front of the train and, with the whistle and other protrusions, getting in front of the runaway train had been easy. Well, easier than jumping onto a train moving at full speed while hoping to get into a train car. Below them, they could see where the train pullers would have been strapped in and that metal thing in front that pushed things aside, Jayce couldn’t ever remember what it was called.

“Nothing to stand on and the straps are broken.” Turning his gaze to Nao, Jayce smiled. “Looks like you’ll have to hold me from here, love. Hey, do you remember?” It seemed Nao didn’t want to revisit that particular incident, not that he could blame her for that. The warm glow of psychic wrapped around him as he was slowly pushed out in front of the train. Thankfully, the the blue glow kept his ears from flapping all about in the intense wind pressure he was suddenly feeling. “Thanks!”

Now that he was here in front of the train, his plan seemed a bit more profound. Who in their right mind would want to be dangled in front of a speeding runaway train?! Good thing he wasn’t exactly in his right mind on a fairly regular basis. Feeling the psychic field around him tighten at Nao’s impatience, he would get this, hopefully well thought out, plan underway. Careful as not to have his ears yanked out, Jayce unfurled his ears while closing his eyes. With his practice earlier, he knew he could do Protect without too much thought, but this needed to be done carefully Slowly, a barrier faded into existence and pushed away from him, bending to accommodate the front of the train. Instead of using Protect to just wrap around himself, he continued to push out out, the strain causing a cold sweat to break out across his fur. Eventually, the barrier stretched as wide as the train and deep enough into the ground to push away any Diglett or Dugtrio that might be beneath the soil.

Above, Nao had wrapped her tail around a light fixture as she caught sight of what Jayce was trying to do. Admittedly, they’d not battled a lot of trainers who used psychic types, let alone enough who thoroughly thought out the fight. So, bending a barrier such as Protect hadn’t been something Nao would think of normally. But, of course, this was Jayce and, short of getting himself killed, he’d do anything to help someone in danger, especially if she might be in danger as well. “Idiot.”


All of a sudden, Viola found herself inside the first passenger car where there were a number of eyes now locked on her. Better yet, it seemed as if all the children, or foals in this world, had been gathered here. She looked around to assess the train car for some kind of plan. To the naked eye, it would seem like a normal, overly colorful passenger car, but years of taking pictures and finding the perfect shots told her otherwise. If something were to happen, say a runaway train, then this car would likely be the best shot of jumping free of the train’s wheels. Normally, one would go to the caboose to drop off in such a situation, but she doubted the foals could make it there. There was plenty of room in the middle of the train since chairs had been moved away, and the windows were large enough that they could be pushed out. More importantly, there was plenty of rope about.

One of the foals, a chocolate colored colt, noticed her and bounced from his place on the floor. “Momma momma look, a butterfly!” Before his mother could grab him, he bolted across the car to the very pretty Vivillon. “Momma, think it’s one of those Pokémon things?” While he and the other foals seemed unphased by her appearance, the other adult ponies were looking a bit worried.

“Chocolate, come back over here.” Of course, the foal’s name was Chocolate because there’s nothing else it could be. The panic in his mother’s eyes might have been because Viola had appeared but the more likely reason was the current situation.

Chocolate made a silly face at his mother that consisted of stretching his cheeks and sticking his tongue out. “Bleeeeh it’s not scary, it’s a butterfly.” Saying as if it being a butterfly ended the argument or even removed the doubt and panic from his mother.

Viola simply floated in the air as she listened the mother and foal talk. Nao had asked her to try calming the foals. It seemed her presence had done that a bit to distract the children but more needed to be done. Thinking back to some of her pictures and even some battles she tried to think about how to help when an idea came to mind. Propelling herself up a bit higher, Viola started to flap her wings. Aromatherapy.” Praying the skill would work, she let out a sigh of relief once she smelled Aromatherapy.

The move had the intended effect as all the ponies relaxed a bit; at least, the crying quieted and even the mother seemed a bit happier. Taking this moment, she flew over the ponies to look around while remaining out of the reach of the curious foals. “I’ve calmed some of the ponies on board. I think~” Her sentence was cut off by the suddenly lurching train which had the misfortune of going down enough to knock her to the ground. “I’m going to take a nap now.~” The word “now” being drawn out.


Up ahead, Jayce and Nao’s work was starting to pay off. The Diglett and Dugtrio started to get the point. Those that weren’t pushed to the side by Protect moved aside on their own trying to avoid the train and cat. That would be when the train’s wheels clicked down on the tracks which caused the train to surge. This had two immediate effects on Jayce and Nao. One, the sudden jolt caused Nao’s psychic to disperse as she fell; however, because her tail was latched on, she didn’t go too far.

The second, and most painful, was Jayce very briefly being in freefall as his back made contact with the front of the train. Sadly, this caused Protect to break as it was just not strong enough to take a train, who’d have guessed? A sudden pain wrecked his body moments before passing out entirely. Later, he’d swear he heard someone call out “flawless victory”. Luckily, the train was going fast enough that the pressure was able to keep him pinned to the train until a now fearful Nao was able to pull him up.

A mix of panic and fear washed over Nao as she realized what happened before grabbing hold of Jayce again. Pulling him up, her eyes widened at the sight of a bit of blood. She had long enough to pull Jayce back to the whistle before the front car started to lay on the brakes. “Brakes in front are on! Viola, first-aid kit now!” The train would lurch again with a bit more force just as they got Viola’s message of taking a nap.

Then the brakes in the rear of the train squeaked as they were engaged, causing the train to rapidly decelerate to an acceptable speed. From inside the front car, she could hear the driver cheer as he regained control of the runaway train. A very distinguished “Yee haw!” could be heard from below.

Letting out a slight sigh of relief as the wind stopped thrashing them about, Nao lifted Jayce using Psychic. At least, from this short amount of time up here, she could tell there wasn’t too much blood so it might just be a flesh wound. At the other end of the train, she could see Click and Clack walking along the roofs of the back cars though it appeared they’d stopped to grab Hazel who was walking just behind them. From their expressions, she could tell that they were glad they couldn’t actually understand what the Skiddo was saying to them. “Can you hurry and get a first aid kit? Jayce is hurt!” Now, she didn’t hate slackers and she did a fair amount of that on her own, but Jayce was hurt.

That seemed to put a spring in their step as they picked up their pace, even Hazel looked worried which was way too strange looking on him. Car after car they moved even as Nao focused on getting Jayce into the first passenger car. Inside, a number of gasps were heard as she placed him on a chair. After a minute or so, Click, Clack, and Hazel came in from the back and moved across the car and passed the other ponies who had decided to give the two cats space. By now, Viola too was starting to come out of her train induced sleep.

“Well now, this looks mighty painful,” Click said as he assessed what damage there was to Jayce. “Y’all lucky it wasn’t worst, coulda been well…” The face he made was grave, it even seemed color blanched a little bit. Clack came up from behind with the standard first-aid kit and pulled it open while Hazel laid on the floor.

“Big Brother will be fine, right? I mean, he’s fallen off a lot of things, boats, bikes, trains, hills, trees…” Hazel would continue to list a large number of things while the others worked.

With Nao holding Jayce up in Psychic, the brothers were able to clean the wounds and pull a roll of gauze around him. Over and under, they wrapped him so that it was on nice and snug while still allowing him some freedom once he woke up. Once that was down, Nao found one of the seats in the cart and laid him over her lap. Hazel, of course, moved over and laid his head on the chair next to Jayce, as if his closeness was going to help heal him.

Thankfully, the car had remained reasonably quiet until Click cleared his throat. “These two here are Jayce and Nao.” There’d been some low muttering while they tended Jayce, some wasn’t very nice. “They went out of their way to help us and look, the blue one got hurt for it. That’s Jayce by the way. Good guy...cat thing he is.” Turning to his brother, he’d clop him on the shoulder as if he knew Clack had something to say.

“Eeyup.” Sweet Celestia he can...eeyup.

If one word wasn’t enough, it certainly didn’t effect Click who happily clopped him a few more times. “There ya got it, no one could say it better.” Was there pride in his voice? Of course there was, which was really starting to warm the others up. Heck, it even got Viola to start flying around the car a bit more happily despite her worry over Jayce. Finally, the ponies and foals went back to where they’d come from while others seemed to stay around to pet Nao. Seeing as Jayce was out cold, she would have to grudgingly accept it.

After half an hour speaking to the ponies on board, the train came to a stop. After that point, the conductor asked Click and Clack to get back to pulling. With goodbyes and promises of hard cider, whatever that was, the two left. While waiting for the train to start moving again, the conductor went about reassuring everypony that everything was going to go smoothly from here, stopping at Jayce, Nao, Viola, and Hazel to give them his own thanks and offer them a free ride to Canterlot.

Before long, the train started to move again and the countryside started to pass by in a blur. Nao kept her paws on Jayce’s head as she watched the scenery. “Idiot…” she grumbled, though she still smiled gently. Even if he was an idiot, Jayce was HER idiot and she loved him for it. Behind her, noise could be heard as Hazel, tired of being bored, started to play with the foals. Better with a bit of begging and the most adorable puppy dog eyes ever, they had recruited Viola into their fun. At least the ride to Canterlot hadn’t been boring, and with luck, the rest of the trip would go smoothly...

Comments ( 64 )

This chapter is loaded with errors. Do you have an editor, or did they go AWOL?

I'm going to go back and fix things throughout the chapter, I hope you all enjoy the chapter despite a few errors.

4837229 You know you can send me the chapters and I can at least give them a read through right? (Also not to sound needy or anything but... you're kinda suppose to send them to me anyway.)

4837418 That is the exact reason I have all my chapters shared with you. Just so you don't worry about asking me for the chapter early. You have it all at your disposal at anytime. That and all I have to do is open a new Doc. in google docs and it shares it with you instantly.

So much accion! Best way to end a day, thanks Croix !

4837552 Believe it or not it came to me in a dream xD plus i may have watched a bit of Indiana Jones before writing.

and with luck the rest of the trip would go smoothly...

You just HAD to say that...
*Prepares bunker*

4837993 you think a bunker will help, I think I'm going to spawn in some bedrock and an iron door

4837153
Really? After some editing, I thought it looked okay

4837229
There were a bunch of errors? How did I miss those? Sorry man

4838275
Part of it was horrendously awkward word choice which, while fine grammatically, did not read very well.
The rest was missing words, mixed-up words, poor punctuation... The normal stuff.

4837575 I knew it had a familisr felling, a part of me wondee when will a whip appear.

The move had the intended effect as all the ponies relaxed a bit, at least the crying quiet and even the mother seemed a bit happier. Taking this moment she would fly over the ponies to look around while remaining out of the reach of the curious foals. “I’ve calmed some of the ponies on board. I think~” Her sentence was cut off but the suddenly lurching train which had the misfortune of going down enough to knock her to the ground. “I’m going to take a nap now.~” The world ‘now’ being drawn out.

Putting the full paragraph so it's easier to find later. I think you meant to put word here

The thing at the front of a train is called a cow-catcher. Also, could you please just stick to past tense instead of the past participle or whatever it's called when you use 'would have' like that. It's very awkward to read. As I am currently on my phone, I'm not going to go through and make corrections, but there are still quite a few to be made.

And you jinxed it.

4841553 Yep I'm gonna be going through and tweaking that a bit, next chapter should be a lot better.

At least the ride to Canterlot hadn’t been boring, and with luck the rest of the trip would go smoothly...

call in the cts! There's a bomb on the train!

Screw bunkers, I'm stealing an XWing. That way I'm in orbit when it all goes down and I can still see it happen!

Better with a bit of begging and the most adorable puppy dog eyes ever they had recruited Viola into their fun. At least the ride to Canterlot hadn’t been boring, and with luck the rest of the trip would go smoothly...

Aaaand, cue Spiritomb, or Arceus.

4864333 Ohh, I got this one, no, you see the people on the boat didn't know they were working for Team Flare (Bad guys from Pokemon X an Y) and when Xerosic had the boat blown up and Jayce was the only one who survived while Xerosic escaped on his helicopter. :pinkiehappy:

I found the "a new world a new way" universe a while ago but I never realized just how many stories it had and now I can do so much reading!
1.bp.blogspot.com/-oij_KtQqt0U/URFwKvWlsHI/AAAAAAABSEA/JRhxymLLArU/s1600/131327147782.gif

4798933 Pretty sure some still do that.

I like this so far, can't wait for the next chapter :twilightsmile:

Kinda sucked, had to have a computer tech guy come out and swap a part on my new rig. Sorta why I've not been able to work on it >_< Next chapter's coming along

... My list of possible Pokémon to use:

Bisharp (Gone)

Luxray (Gone)

Meowstic (Gone)

... Now what.

... Unknown? Hmm...

4944179
Normally ill stay patient but if I'm perfectly honest with you this is the story I'm waiting for a new chapter the most :pinkiehappy:
Don't tell the other authors please :fluttershyouch: :pinkiesad2:

4986765 could use Dedenne, Emolga, Pachirusu

5063918

... Electric types are a pain, I only was really using Luxray for the eye thingy. Eh, I lost inspiration for a story of this universe a while ago

Isn't Hallow Shades the home of the bat ponies?

the story concept is interesting, but the work as a whole needs some fine tuning and editing bad...

I miss you Croix:fluttercry:I wish you'd come back:raritycry:

5261177
Did he quit writing?

5262118 He hasn't been on in weeks, and hasn't responded to anything in even longer.

5262161 Hopefully it's just PC problems that get fixed, I liked Nao

4838135 No chances shall be taken. Use bedrock only. Then use /tp @p. :rainbowlaugh:

Someone please pick this story up where it left off

5094059 I have no idea what you're on about...

Comment posted by Cookie_Girl deleted Dec 12th, 2014

5373366 I meant it ominously, like I was foreshadowing something.

Been a while since the last comment and the author's last activity I hope this fic isn't dead.

Wonderful chapter 10 outa 10. Can't wait tell the next one :twilightsmile:

PLEASE UPDATE THIS!!!!!!!!

6226560 Its not gonna be updated sadly because he hasn't been on for 46 weeks...:pinkiecrazy: :fluttercry:

6429526 Yea... it sucks... This was a good story with my favorite pokemon as the co star.

“I’m Click and my brother there is Clack.”

THE TAPPIT BROTHERS!?

When are you going to update? because i like meowstic :heart::heart::heart::raritystarry::heart::heart::heart:sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-love-meowstic.png

Login or register to comment