• Published 1st May 2014
  • 209 Views, 3 Comments

Life's Adventures: Sage and Ash's Traveling Days - Tavor-21



The recollection of days long past, and contentment in what the future may bring. A story for a friend. May he find the contentment he so seeks in life. So say we all.

  • ...
 3
 209

Section 2 – The Joining of Futures

That hit the spot.

Sage slowly awoke from his deep and refreshing nap. As he rubbed his eyes he checked the sun to see that it was still up though definitely lower than what it had been when he had nodded off. Confident he had only been asleep for 3 or 4 hours he spread his wings and pushed off the ground to take a quick lap or two around the meadow and wake himself up.

Banking around a stray cloud he took a look at the long, winding road ahead before returning to his original liftoff point. Satisfied he was once more awake and alert he walked over to his cart to inspect it before getting back on his way.

It was a simple wooden pull-wagon with four wheels and a pulling harness. It wasn't spectacular or flashy in any way, but it had managed through all the years of wear and work he'd put it through and to Sage that was all that mattered. As long as those wheels kept turning it'd get him to where he needed to go.

Content with his analysis he went to check on his cargo. Hopping up onto the front of the cart Sage parted away the tarp covering all of his possessions. Books for his correspondence engineering courses he was taking for his Master's program, small bales of hay and wildflowers, water canteens, parchment and quills, -- Sage went down the list. Everything seemed to be there and in order, except for one thing. Turning to a hoof-knitted blanket in the front corner of the cart Sage gently grasped a loose corner with his hoof and lifted it up to expose a small gray unicorn mare curled up and asleep next to the supplies. It may have been 3 years since they first met, but the memory of that day was still fresh in his mind.

Sage couldn't help but smile as he remembered back to that night at the Appaloosa Summer Sun Celebration. The melding of sweet aromas in the air as they traversed down the streets, the wondrously endless dishes of food and drink, the delightfully energetic atmosphere of the town and that grayish little mare dancing around on the community dance floor. Her orange and black ponytail spinning as they dodged and weaved together through the crowd, her soot-colored hoofs stomping the ground with glee as the band began a new song, and her warm, smoke-colored muzzle as they shared a kiss lasting until dawn. It was the most perfect night a pony could have dreamed for and he couldn't think of a better time in his life than that night he first met Ash-Sheathed Shadows.

With that night what had started as a simple town visit quickly turned into a life-long partnership and concluding that they could find a more fulfilling life if they left Appaloosa, they packed up their belongings and set their sights on a new and upcoming town of opportunity, Ponyville.
><><><><><