• Published 1st May 2014
  • 209 Views, 3 Comments

Life's Adventures: Sage and Ash's Traveling Days - Tavor-21



The recollection of days long past, and contentment in what the future may bring. A story for a friend. May he find the contentment he so seeks in life. So say we all.

  • ...
 3
 209

Section 1 – Efforts of Hope

Sky Sage grunted as he heaved the heavy saddle of the cart to the ground. He had been pulling all day down the same road since Celestia raised the sun and was ready for a well-needed break.

He lumbered off to the side of the road and began to stretch out his aching joints and muscles. Sage took his time to stretch everything. Starting with his neck and moving down to his rear hooves he groaned, his body responding to his efforts with discomforting cracks and pops.

I must have put that harness on wrong or have been off balance somehow. Why do I hurt so much!?!?

Sage groaned again realizing he was far more sore than he originally thought and deciding it was for the best, let his legs go numb and gravity carry him to the ground in a well-sounding *thump*.

Oh this feels great.... I think I'll just lay here.... for awhile....

As he lay there, Sage took a moment to soak in the scenery he had been forced to ignore since starting out; he felt the coolness of the dirt path below his hooves and the warm summer's breeze as it gently tussled with his mane, he smelled the faint scent of honeyblossom flowers on the wind from the field next to him as they danced along the breeze, and listened to the birds as they flew along the fields singing songs with such chipper and cheer. All perfect elements of the summer day he had long yearned for.

Yawning, Sage thought to himself that this was an opportunity he couldn't waste, being best to take a few hours before continuing on. Stretching his wings out he curled up and let his eyes grow heavy. Focusing only on the warm summer breeze and the scent of honeyblossoms he too began to join them in his dreams on their ethereal dance amongst the winds.
><><><><><