• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 2,654 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Shock: Friendship is ADAM - Zyggy



It's about time somebody made a Bioshock based Fan-Fic

  • ...
 9
 2,654

After the End

I was on the plane to god knows where, with only my clothing and a present from my family. Then the plane went down. The next few days where pure terror as I used a shitload of guns, weird Genetonics and something called Plasmids. Gene Tonics let me change my DNA to accommodate for different passive abilities, and Plasmids also changed my genetic code, but instead gave weird powers such as lightning, fire, telekinesis, and frenzying foes.

I ended my time in Rapture, an odd underwater city meant for artists and scientists who wanted their work to be unabridged, with my Plasmids being Electrobolt (Zap them with electricity!), Incinerate (BURN FUCKERS!), Winterblast (Great for stalling!), Insect Swarm (Helped me get rid of my fear of wasps!), and Telekinesis (I’ll never have to climb that bookshelf again!) and my Gene Tonics being…

For Combat Gene Tonics, I had both levels of Armored Shell, the second level of Frozen Field, Photographer’s Eye, Static Discharge, and Wrench Jockey 2 (even though I used a Hachet!)

For Engineering Tonics, I had Clever inventor, Prolific Inventor, Safe Cracker 2, Ammo Regen (Yeah, I made a Gene Tonic. It took a LONG time. I love never worrying about ammo, but it does take time, about a shot a second.) and Shorten Alarms 2. (Yeah, didn’t really think a lot of Engineering Tonics.)

For Physical Tonics, I took Bloodlust (Insanity FUCK YEAH!), EVE Link 2, Natural Camouflage (I love hiding when I’m hurt. Go ahead, call me a coward.), Medical Expert 3, and both SportBoost Tonics (I’m fast!)

I didn’t harvest the Little Sisters (Wasn’t even tempted!) and gave them all great lives to live in the end. If only I lived to see them. Yeah, I’m dead. Atlas killed me, they couldn’t save me, but I kept alive long enough to see them out and send them to families who would care for them.

The afterlife isn’t all that bad, if you enjoy living in Rapture. Everyday of the after life was a fight to live. I can’t completely complain though, because the place did let me get over my hating of violence. I killed a lot in there, and I’m a better person for it.

One fateful day in my AfterRapture, I woke up not to the sight of damaged pipes, but to the sight of damaged branches. I knew I was alive, perfectly fine, perhaps a little damaged in the head, but I’ve always been like that. After all, you aren’t ‘properly’ insane if you can think straight.

All my weapons were around me, all nine of my medpacks, all my EVE Hypos, my ammo, my cash. After slowly getting up, I grabbed it all, putting it away and pulling out my hatchet.

After testing my voice and seeing it was normal, I felt a great big grin coming to my face. After all, if you died in a city full of death, metal, and decay you too would be full of joy to find yourself in life again, surrounded by life, plants, and growth. (No I, ‘Jack,’ don’t care to indent in this journal.)

I decided life signs would be important to find, even if they were incredibly tribal. After all, I don’t know where I am. And thus I set off from where I was, my simple Civilian clothing now going to actually help me out. Then again, it was bloodstained and had a few bullet holes in it.

As I started walking, and old wound started acting up. When I arrived at Rapture, a Splicer gave me a nasty conk to the right side of my skull, causing a small gash to pop up. Obviously, it started bleeding, and I beat the shit out of that fucker. Damn his brains were all over to wall. It was also then that I learned to be efficient.

I put my finger on the wound and felt the tiny trickle of blood. Bringing my hand back down, I gripped my hatchet harder, feeling the presence of ADAM. ADAM meant there was another person nearby who had also spliced, or perhaps a Little Sister.

My thoughts were soon found correct as a four legged thing attacked me with a revolver, using Telekinesis to hold it, its head covered in a mask like all the other Splicers.

“I’m just lonely!”

‘Lonely my ass’ was the only thought going through my mind as it shot at me. I soon found my hatchet buried in its skull, blood on the blade. I twisted my weapon out, enjoying the spray of red.

I looted the revolver and searched the corpse, finding a few coins of some sort and few Machinegun rounds, along with the bullets from its revolver. I then checked the corpse itself, and I hated what I found.

I was not in Kansas anymore. Humans didn’t rule.

“Fuck.”

I ran like my life depended on it, SportBoost helping greatly. I ran for any town, and leadership, anything to help me know I wasn’t insane. What I found was not amusing in the slightest. Technology was clearly back in the medieval times, despite how that Splicer thing had a revolver.

Wood & Thatch homes, full of things. Four legged things. A large town. Mythical animals. And the ones with the horns had Plasmids. They didn’t seem to need EVE though, so I assumed that they could somehow regenerate it.

Against my better judgment, I advanced towards the town slowly, putting away my hatchet so as to lower commotion. Damn was I an idiot. I was not met with open arms. Every single one of those life forms fled into their houses.

“Hello?”

I had a pie thrown in my face. A really bad pie, apple, spoiled.

“I’m not gonna hurt you!”

Another pie, this one grabbed with Telekinesis. This shocked the locals into coming out, which made no sense to me. I sent the pie flying into the sky, and smiled as it came down, making a huge splat on the ground.

There was a bright flash, and a very tall, white one of these beings came, with both wings and horn. It landed in front of me.

“I am Princess Celestia, you are?”

I bowed.

“Some call me ‘Jack’ Princess.”

“Rise.”

I did as she bid (Damn that rhymes!) and smiled even further.

“Where are you from Jack?”

“Death, and before that a place known as Rapture, an underwater city filled with death, metal, and decay. I am afraid it may be that dangers from there may be here, for I encountered a member of your species turned into a Splicer as they are called.”

“Tell me more back at the Palace.”

There was a bright flash of light, and I found myself in a throne room, surrounded by stone walls, with many pegasi guards on either side, the Princess in her throne.

“Please do go into detail Jack.”

I told her the story of my time at Rapture and what I found, from the start to the end. All about Atlas, Ryan, Plasmids, Tonics, Bid Daddies, Little Sisters, Splicers, everything. I told her of who I killed, I told her of Lot 192, of ADAM and EVE (I just noticed that. Bible Anyone?) and of everything else. It took days to tell, over breakfasts, dinners, any time I was not speaking I was recovering my breath and voice, or asleep in a royal bed.

Then, when I finished my tale, she asked to see everything. I let her. She tried the weapons and I demonstrated my Plasmids and Gene Tonics. What she said next took me by surprise.

“Would you like a fresh start?”

What I responded with surprised me even more so.

“Yes.”

“Your Plasmids, Tonics, and weapons are yours to keep. Now then, which would you prefer? Earth Pony, they are strong, hardy, and fast? Pegasus, quick and agile, with wings for flight? Or a Unicorn, with magic?”

I thought for hours about it. If I were an Earth Pony I could take more hits. If Pegasus I could fly, something no Plasmid gave. If I were unicorn, I could use my guns properly.

“Princess, would you kindly (goddamn I hate that phrase still) modify my weapons for me so I may use them even as a pony?”

“So you have decided?”

“Yes. I would like to fly; I need to make up for my time stuck in Rapture.”

“Very well, it has been decided. Your weapons shall be changed to accommodate you, your Plasmids and Tonics shall follow as well. We shall make these as well, and U-Vents, Gene Banks.”

“Please don’t allow for Splicers to appear.”

“They won’t. Tonight as you rest, you shall change.”

“Thank you, Princess.”

I had a brilliant sleep that night.

In the morning I found myself far shorter, and with no control over my body. It took a few tries, but I eventually managed to walk clumsily. After going out the door en route to the dining hall, I was stopped by some guards.

“The Princess would like to see you in the throne room.”

I turned and wobbled for balance before clumsily walking to. I began cursing under my breath, hating the day I was born. Eventually I did manage to reach the doors, and I did manage to open them.

“Would you kindly sit down in front of me?”

It was that phrase. I fought and failed.

“You sick, twisted BITCH!”

The Princess smiled.

“Stand, would you kindly?”

I stood.

“Would you kindly dance?”

I performed a little jig.

“Stop.”

I did so.

“Good.”

None of them noticed as my left hoof became coated with fire and char.

“You piece of shit.”

So much happened in that moment. I blasted her with Incinerate, I was tackled by a dozen guards, I unleashed a surge of electricity, and all the lights went out, leaving the room pitch black except for Celestia’s burning. I decided to back up while the guards were recovering from the shock, and hid in a corner, turning invisible.

“WHERE DID HE GO?”

“I don’t know Captain!”

“FIND HIM!”

I restrained my laughter as they left the room, leaving only Celestia and I in there. Time passed, she went out, and she finally spoke up.

“Would you kindly come back in front of me?”

I walked over and sat down in front of her, snarling the whole time. That was, until I saw my weapons floating over to me, strangely modified.

“Jack, would you-”

“Don’t need to fuckin’ tell me to.”

I quickly took all my stuff out of the air and began to casually cycle through them, pleased with what I found. They auto-reloaded, aimed where I was facing, and swapped when I willed them, attaching the my right side, under the wing. My hatchet found a perfect grip on a convenient wrist band for my front left leg.

“When you want to fire, just will it to be so.”

“Thank you, Princess.”

The guards burst into the room.

“You are officially pardoned.”

“Thank you Princess.”

I trotted out of the room, surprised at my new found level of control. I tried flying, finding myself soon floating about a foot off the ground. I swapped to my pistol, and then loved what I found. My hatchet, my plasmid, and my gun could be used at once.

As I left the palace, I felt like I was on fire, then everything faded.

I came to in Rapture. I knew this because of a sign labeled “Welcome to Rapture Jack!” was directly in front of me.

“Welcome, to Rapture!”

It was that voice. I helped kill him, watched him die from Little Sisters. Frank Fontaine was alive again.

“Rapture is no longer in the oceans of the Earth for some reason that YOU caused. Every one of its inhabitants is some four legged thing, even the Big Daddies, even the Little Sisters. There’s a new surface up there, and I’m going to exploit it!”

I began to slowly fly forwards, every power I had at the ready, my SMG out, my hoof covered in frost and pierced with ice, and my hatchet prepared.

“I took some Unicorns and paid them to bring you here so you could see what happened.”

I took a turn and went through a door, and marveled at what I saw. The whole of Rapture, just as I left it. Splicer ponies were in the tubes, Big Daddies with Little Sisters still hard at work.

“Even with all its inhabitants ponies…”

“The gears of Rapture never stop turning.”

I continued my flight, going past a Big Daddy. A Bouncer, though due to the lack of a Little Sister I was unwilling to fight it. I went past many Splicers who were for once not inclined to kill me, security, and even one or two Little Sisters.

“If you would be so kind as to stop at the nearest Gatherer’s Garden you will find a gift from me to you.”

I liked how he didn’t use the command phrase, so I hunted it down. The machine was unchanged, and there was a Teddy bear gift. Inside was some ADAM and some clothing built for my new body. Logically I put on the clothing, which was remarkably similar to my old clothes.

“You may be wondering why I’m helping you?”

“Yes, you daft bastard.”

“I want a rematch.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it. And a lot more ADAM than before.”

“Cheers.”

I began to explore, getting attacked by Splicers during. I responded by splattering their brains all over the walls, looting them, and then laughing. I got the feel of the place, and saw a Big Daddy with a Little Sister. I checked and still had the Rescuing Plasmid given to me by Tenenbaum. I hid behind some crates, and watched as the Little Sister climbed off the Big Daddy to harvest some ADAM. I struck, filling the Big Daddy full of holes.

“Mr. B? Please, get up!”

I turned and saw the Little Sister crying over the corpse of Mr. Bubbles. I didn’t care.

I went up to her, grabbed her with my left foreleg. As usual, she resisted, but my Plasmid kicked in, and she calmed. I saw my veins glow, a bright flash, and she was on the ground, normal.

“Thank you.”

She scurried away on her hooves as fast as she could. I turned and left, knowing that was the only Little Sister around to save.

“Still noble, ain’t you?”

“Fuck you.”

“See you in the original place?”

“See you there.”

Comments ( 8 )
#1 · Oct 25th, 2011 · · ·

Wtf did i just read.

Too self-aware. It reads more like it was written by someone who played BioShock than the actual protagonist, especially the endgame loadout summary in the beginning.

18098
And?
Maybe it is?

#4 · Oct 25th, 2011 · · ·

Meh, it's ok, there are some things that I would certainly change though.

18166
Same.
My writing always needs changes.

I can't work with the atmosphere of Rapture it seems.
So, cancelled.
If only.

35206
It's my own opinion, not theirs.

#8 · Dec 5th, 2011 · · ·

authentic jerseys suppliers know this cheap
cheap coach bags onsale online
coach factory outlet wholesale designer
coach outlet store online ebayfamous
coach outlet As we all
coach handbags outlet high quality
cheap designer handbags feel beautiful
coach outlet store online brand is a worldwide
wholesale coach handbags online store
cheap authentic jerseys expensive shoes
nfl jerseys suppliers discount 2011

Login or register to comment