• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 1,050 Views, 49 Comments

The Song That Stole His Heart - Thunderstorm823



Lightning started his new day at his new school, at first he keeps to himself insight that he doesn't want to be that weird guy. But instead on the first day of school he meets a pony that crashed into his heart and he never even realized it.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,050

Chapter One: The Barn

As Lightning got close to the barn he sighed, ready to get working. He walked up to the door, and casually knocked on it.

Applebloom looked over. "That must be a worker!" She said excitedly.

Applejack laughed. "I guess your ad at school worked out." She smiled, opening the door.

Lightning forced a smile. "I'm here for the job opening, I'm a great worker." He said, with confidence.

"Well we are going to have to test that aren't we?" Applejack chuckled. "Come on, I'll show you around."

Applebloom saw him and her eyes widened, that was unexpected.

Applejack showed him around the house and introduced him to the Apple family.

After a few hours of it, he got to work, he had to work with Applebloom to get some of the apples out of the trees, Applebloom pulled the cart and Lightning bucked the trees.

It was silence at first, then Applebloom spoke. "I never got to say thanks for saving my friend."

Lightning poured the apples into the cart and sighed. "It was nothing, they were nothing, they think they have what it takes but really they are cowards on the inside." Lightning explained. "And you're welcome."

Applebloom smiled. "I never got your name."

"Lightning." He said, going over to the trees and bucking it, catching the apples in the baskets.

"I'm Applebloom, the mare you saved was Sweetie Belle, our other friend is Scootaloo." Applebloom said.

"It's nice to meet you, say hi to the others for me." Lightning smiled, pouring the apples into the cart.

"Yeah, or you can say that to them yourselves, we have a tree house around here, I'm meeting my friends there after this." She explained.

Lightning stopped for a second starting to think. "I'll think about it." He said as he went back to work.

"Sweetie Belle's going to be there..." Applebloom smiled, seeing if he would react.

Lightning turned slightly, but shook his head, at first he was at a loss of words.

"Alright." Applebloom smiled.

At the tree house, Sweetie and Scootaloo were playing a game, they were jumping around the room giggling. "Come on, let's wave to Applebloom, she's coming." Scootaloo smiled as they both went to the porch.

"There's the tree house." Applebloom pointed at it.

Lightning looked over and chuckled. "That is an awesome color."

"You like pink?" She asked.

"Yeah, what's wrong with me liking pink?" He asked.

"Nothing." She chuckled.

Sweetie Belle looked out, seeing Applebloom she began to wave till she saw Lightning. She gasped and quickly hid in the tree house. "Oh no, he's here..." She said to herself.

Lightning looked over seeing Scootaloo. "Didn't you say Sweetie was there?" He asked as he never saw her.

Applebloom looked away to chuckle to herself, then smirked. "Let's go say hi, take a break." She said.

Lightning smiled. "Alright, that sounds like a good idea." Lightning sighed, taking off the basket and putting it near the cart and they both went over to the tree house.

Scootaloo resisted herself from laughing, she went inside. "He's coming." She whispered to Sweetie.

She squealed. "Stall him!" She freaked out, going over to the mirror to fix her messy hair.

Lightning began to walk up the stairs with Applebloom, Scootaloo went over and stopped him for a second. "Name?" She asked.

"Uh... Lightning." He said. "And you don't need to introduce yourself, Applebloom already told me your names so..." He smiled.

Scootaloo smiled, looking into the tree house, Sweetie smiled, nodding and sat down where she was and took a deep breath putting a smile on her face.

Lightning entered the tree house, he smiled. "Like I expected, girly." He joked.

Sweetie giggled. "H-Hi." She stuttered, she shook her head and sighed. "Hi." She collected herself.

Lightning sat down looking around the room. "I'm liking it, who built it?" He asked.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders gathered together. "We did!" They said in unison.

"It's awesome, but I think we should probably get back to work Applebloom, don't want to get in trouble." He said.

"That's a good idea, come on." Applebloom headed for the door and said bye to the gang.

"Nice meeting you girls." Lightning smiled, waving goodbye as he went back to the cart.

Sweetie sighed, looking down, shaking slightly. "That was embarrassing..." She groaned.

Scootaloo smiled. "Don't worry, he didn't notice." She said, cheering her up.

Sweetie shrugged, looking out the window, watching him walk away. She sighed. "You don't mind if I sing do you?" She asked Scootaloo.

"No... Go on, I'm just about to leave anyway." Scootaloo smiled, turning and going to the door. "I'll be back, tell Applebloom that too." She smiled, flapping her wings and taking off.

Sweetie sighed, watching him walk away, beginning to sing to herself.

Sweetie climbed into bed after singing, exhausted, she fell asleep.


"Where are you going?" Sweetie called, snickering. "Come back." She started trotting faster to him.

Lightning turned around and chuckled as he got tackled into a hug by Sweetie, making him fall on his back, he chuckled looking up at her. "You're weird..." He whispered.

"I'm weird for you..." She whispered, nuzzling against him, she slowly closed her eyes, feeling their lips touch together. It felt real, it felt soft and fluffy.

Lightning smiled, kissing her deeper, slowly pulling away. "I love you Sweetie Belle." He said under his breath, their breath crossed as they both hesitated to kiss again, Sweetie smiled.

"I love you too Lightning..." She said, kissing him again. "Don't let me go..." She whispered.

"Never..." He whispered, kissing her horn, she gasped softly, nuzzling the corner of his neck. "Just one more thing..." He whispered.

Sweetie looked up. "Anything..." She whispered.

"Wake up..." He whispered.


"Sweetie, wake up." Applebloom was shaking her.

Sweetie woke quickly, bumping her head on the top bunk. "Ow..." She groaned.

"You okay?" Applebloom chuckled. "I came in here and I witnessed you making out with your pillow."

Sweetie gasped, looking around. "He's not here is he?" She asked.

"No, he saw you sleeping and said he didn't want to bother, he also told me to say goodnight." Applebloom sat down on the bed.

Sweetie sighed, frowning slightly. "Applebloom... How do you fall in love with a complete stranger?" She asked.

Applebloom started thinking. "Well, it could be love at first sight, or maybe you're just crazy." She teased.

Sweetie smiled. "Then I'm crazy... I wonder..." She mumbled.

Applebloom looked around. "Where's Scootaloo?" She asked.

"Oh she said she'll be right back, I guess I decided to get some sleep..." Sweetie Belle sighed, putting her head to pillow again, looking up at the top bunk. "Applebloom, what's wrong with me?" She asked, frowning again.

Applebloom looked over. "Huh? What are you talking about, there is nothing is wrong with you." She said.

"I feel like there is... I've fallen in love with a stranger, how do you do that?" Sweetie asked.

Applebloom shrugged. "It's the way of life." She smiled. "Who knows, it might be fate."

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Well, I didn't feel that way when I was with Spike, even though... I felt so wrong for breaking his heart, what if it's just a fling? What if I'm wrong? Again...."

Applebloom sighed, putting her hoof on hers. "Don't worry about it, sure if it is, then do it again, ponies move on. It's just how it is Sweetie."

"But... What if..." Sweetie then cut herself off with a sigh. "It's no use, what if he doesn't like me?" She asked.

Applebloom shrugged. "You'll never know unless you ask." She put her hoof on Sweeties chest, feeling her heart beat fast. "Just listen to your heart, which is telling you to do it." Applebloom smiled at her.

Sweetie smiled, hugging Applebloom. "You're such a good friend Applebloom, where's Scoots, I want a Cutie Mark Crusaders hug." She chuckled, making Applebloom do the same.

Scootaloo landed into the entrance. "What I miss?" She asked, smiling.

Applebloom and Sweetie both got up and went over to her, hugging her tight.

"Ah! No!" Scootaloo laughed, giving them a hug. "Just this one time, but that's it!" She laughed.

Sweetie Belle pulled back, wiping away a tear. "I think I'm going to get some sleep, there's no school tomorrow so... Can we have a sleepover?" She asked.

Applebloom nodded, as did Scootaloo, they both yawned.

Sweetie Belle looked out the window seeing it dark. "How long was I asleep?" She asked.

Scootaloo shrugged. "I'm guessing a few hours." She smiled.

"Shall we get to sleep?" Applebloom asked.

They all nodded staring at each other, then raced for the bunk beds to see who would get the top bunk first.


Sweetie and Lightning kissed lovingly on a couch in the middle of the Carousal Boutique, the kissed broke after a few minutes of passionate kissing.

"Sweetie... I think... I'm in love with you..." He whispered, nuzzling her neck.

Sweetie smiled, then giggled. "I feel the same way..." She whispered, kissing his neck. "I'm afraid someone will catch us..." She whispered.

"I don't care anymore, I love you, doesn't matter who see's anymore. The more important thing is that I'm with you, that's all I want." He whispered.

"Then why won't you tell me?" She asked, looking up at him, her eyes watering.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You sit by, you just met me... why would you love me?" She asked.

"I just want to protect you..." He whispered.

"I'm not yours to protect, besides, I can handle myself..." She whispered.

"Sweetie.... Please..." He whispered.

"Shh... Let's not get into this... all you have to do is ask... it's not that hard..." She whispered.

"But what if you say no?" He asked.

"Wake up Lightning" She whispered


Lightning gasped awake, looking around the room, breathing heavily. He looked at the ground confused, then looked outside, looking up at Luna's moon and a shine came from it, he knew what he had to do tomorrow.

Author's Note:

The song I got is from a channel called Sweetie Belle! Check her out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrOodNHcN1rBLRguhnY8BQ

Thanks for reading, more soon!