• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,012 Views, 8 Comments

Flying Apple - Appledash112



It's a normal day for Rainbow Dash. She is practicing one of her new moves when Applejack gets in her way. Then things get awkward.

  • ...
7
 8
 1,012

Incoming!!!

~Town Square~

"Loop, loop, dive, and stick the landing!" RD said to herself as she practiced. She just couldn't believe The Wonderbolts had invited her to fly with them at their next show! She was so excited! She just had to get this next move right.

This was it. The move that would impress the Wonderbolts. She backed up and then took off straight into the sky. She went as high as she could before diving towards the ground with her wings at her side. As she was falling she did a triple spin and two backflips. She opened her eyes so she could finish it with a sonic rainboom. When her eyes opened she saw applejack right below her! "INCOMING!" Screamed RD. Too late.

Rainbow opened her eyes and immediately stopped moving. She couldn't help but notice that she was kissing Applejack. A very shocked Applejack at that. omigoshomigoshomigosh. AJ pushed her off. For a moment they just stared at each other with very noticeable blushes across their faces. "S-sorry AJ...I was just-I was practicing a new move for the Wonderbolts show coming up and I-I was going to fast to stop..."

"That's alright Rainbow. Accidents happen. Ah was just deliverin' these apples to Pinkie at Sugarcube Corner. She said somethin'
about applesauce toppin'..." Applejack said.

"Okay. Like I said I-I am sorry, but I have to practice more. N-nice seeing you AJ!" Rainbow said. Nicer than I can say...

That was mighty strange. Ah can't believe that just happened. Ah wonder what Rainbow was thinkin'. When I saw her eyes ah saw shock and...joy.


~Rainbow's House~

"Omigoshomigoshomigosh! Omigoshomigoshomigosh! Omigoshomigoshomigosh! I can't believe it! I kissed Applejack! I've been wanting to do that since I first looked into those emerald eyes." RD thought remembering when she first met AJ...

Rainbow had just found out that her best friend Fluttershy had moved to Ponyville after completing Flight Camp. She had been Flutter's friend for as long as she could remember so she decided to move there with her. When she couldn't find a house for sale that felt like home she built her own out of clouds. Satisfied with her work she laid down on her balcony to rest because she was too tired to even fly. After only a couple of seconds of laying there she fell asleep. While she was sleeping she accidentally rolled off the side and didn't notice until she was about to hit the ground.

She braced for impact, but never felt the hard ground. When she opened her eyes all she could see were two beautiful green eyes staring back at her. "Are y'all alright sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"Um...y-YEAH yeah I-I'm alright. I'm fine." Rainbow said to the breathtaking mare.

"Oh what a relief. Ah was worried for a second there. Well since y'all are fine ah think that ah should probably introduce mahself. I'm Applejack. What's your name sugarcube?" Asked Applejack.

"I'm Rainbow Dash..."

Now it had finally happened. After eight years. She had kissed Applejack. She was excited until she realised something...it hadn't been on purpose. Applejack hadn't put any feeling into their kiss except shock. When RD remembered this fact her ears drooped. "If only I could tell her..."


~Sweet Apple Acres~

She couldn't stop thinking about Rainbow Dash. Why was she flooding her mind? What were these feelings all of a sudden? It was an accident. RD had even said so. So why was she so stuck on it. "Ah just don't understand. Rainbow's expression when we...kissed...wasn't shocked. It was happy. Maybe I'm just seein' things..."

She finally managed to stop thinking about Rainbow, but the kiss made her think of something that she usually wouldn't think about. She thought about love. She had never kissed anypony before so she never knew what it was like. Now that it had finally happened she decided that she wanted to know what it was like without being forced to do it. She wanted to find herself a special somepony.


~Rainbow's house~

Rainbow was pacing in her room. She didn't know what to do. She knew she had been putting it off too long but she wasn't good with all that mushy stuff. "That's it. After what happened today I know I have to tell her. All I have to do is go up to her and say 'I love you Applejack'. That isn't that hard. Wait...what if she doesn't love me? What if she isn't even into mares? What if...NO. I'm going to tell her today. She has to know."


~Ponyville~

Applejack was delivering even more apples to Pinkie for whatever reason she needs them. As she was walking through town somepony bumped her cart and knocked it over. She decided not to yell at them because they had decided to help her pick up the apples. When she looked up at the pony helping her she realised it was a rather handsome looking colt. He had light blue fur and a dark blue mane. His cutie mark was 2 music notes. "Hi. I'm Applejack. What's yer name?"

"My name is Baritone. I'm really sorry I bumped into you. I wasn't paying attention." Baritone said.

"That's quite alright. Say when we're done here would y'all like to get a bit to eat?" AJ asked

"That sounds wonderful."


~Town Square~

"Okay. This is it. All I have to do is tell her how I feel. She'll accept what I tell her. Right? Of course she will, she's my friend and nothing can change that. You can do this. You can do this. You can do th...", Suddenly she saw Applejack sitting at a table with a grey furred pony on what looked like a date, "maybe I should have done this sooner..."

Author's Note:

For those of you asking who Baritone is, he is a cannon character who was pulling a snow plow in Winter Wrap Up.

Comments ( 8 )

How did you come up with the name for your story?

4303123 oh I don't know...wait we had this conversation on Friday at school.:facehoof:

Comment posted by Bushdweller99 deleted Apr 29th, 2014

All I have to say about your story is

4304496 BASS CANNON FOREVER!!!!1!!!!1!!!

4307270 another fan of vinyl I see

they should add her with her cannon for an emoji

4307895 dude. I don't know anyone who isn't a fan of vinyl. VINYL SCRAAAAAAAAATCH!!!!!!!!!! Drop the bass.:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

4308141 then you don't know the few that don't

Login or register to comment