• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 7,646 Views, 208 Comments

The Songs of True Madness - Kaffeina



An ensuing story in which a Void Dweller has her memory wiped and ends up in Equestria, later rediscovering her powers and madness insues.

  • ...
66
 208
 7,646

Gamer Luna: Mission One- Guardian

Where, Where am I?

Luna, Princess of the Moon, opened her eyes to find a small metallic thing with light in a black area on the front in front of her, It had strange, rounded spikes on its body and floated in the air.

“Who are you? What are you? You’re not human, awoken, or exo. My sensors say that you aren’t Fallen, Hive, or otherwise,” came a shockingly normal voice. Just as shocking was that she could understand it.

Luna gaped for a moment before remembering her manners. “I am Princess Luna, Diarch of Equestria, and Mage of the Moon.”

“Equestria? No such location exists in this system,” it spoke again. “Sensors indicate you are similar to the ancient species known as Equus Caballus or ponies.”

Luna nodded, “That’s my species.”

‘Impossible. Ponies have been extinct for too long,” it protested.

“I don’t come from this solar system or even universe, at least, I don’t think so,” she muttered.

“I must take you to the Speaker. He will get answers from the Traveler. Follow me please. I must find us a Jumpship.” It floated forward and vanished.

“Where did you go?” She called out.

“To the storage in the back of your new helmet. When I brought you back to life, or, I guess in your case, here, you came in with a full set of armor.”

“Oh,” the lunar princess spoke. She didn’t find it all that surprising. Each world must have its own magic, like hers. She started walking forward as the ghost questioned her about her world. Some questions were meaningless to her while a few concerned her greatly.

“So, in your world, you don’t have the Darkness?” Ghost’s voice asked.

“We have something similar. We called it, Dark Magic or negative magic. I was capable of using it but at one point it overwhelmed me when I least expected. It can be used for good though,” she answered, still trotting forward in hopes to get to her destination faster.

“We have Solar Light and Void Magic. Each guardian can use a small amount of both. Warlocks have better control and specialize in each.”

“Warlocks?” She inquired.

“We have three classes. Titans are our ‘Tanks’. They take a ton of damage without falling but only excel at short range combat with brute force. Warlocks, the ones I mentioned, specialize in magic so they work well at distances but can defend themselves close range. I’ve never really paid attention to Warlocks, myself. Finally we have the Hunters. They are insanely good at distance and sneak attacks,” Ghost spoke.

“Ah. Which one am I?” Luna asked.

“I’m not really sure… How did you fight in your world?”

“Distance and close range if I needed to. Celestia was always the main force.”

“Then you’d probably be a Hunter,” Ghost said after processing the information.

“Oh,” she said. Their conversation went quiet for some time. The area around, normally flooded with Fallen, was silent. Not a Fallen in sight well, aside from their bodies, that is.

“Luna, grab that auto rifle to your left,” Ghost said. The blue alicorn grabbed it and stepped to where Ghost had mentioned a ship would be. When she did, a strange sight greeted her. A bipedal creature, much like Essence, ears and tail aside, was fighting off Fallen. Headshot after headshot they went down.

“HAHA! Die you little buggers! DIE!” it yelled. It’s voice was masculine so Luna figured it was male. Ghost on the other hand let out a noise she could describe as a gasp of sorts. He transmatted outside the helmet as soon as the Exo had finished taking out the Fallen.

“Cayde-66?” He asked.

“In the flesh!” The still battle ready man answered swinging his gun to his hip.

“But, you’re the Hunter Vanguard! Why are you here?” Ghost asked.

“Ghost, you know I sneak off once in awhile,” he said, “In fact, you came with me once.”

“But, this is different. We’ve had an influx of new Guardians lately. You need to be there for the new Hunters!” Ghost protested.

“Ghost. You and I both know that there have been less and less Hunters lately. It takes a certain attitude to be a Hunter. Now, tell me who your friend is or I’ll shoot it,” he threatened. Luna flinched.

“This is Luna. She’s my Guardian,” he said.

“...Well alright then. What’s her class?” Cayde asked.

“Well I wonder… She’s wearing a cloak,” Ghost said, voice dripping with sarcasm. Cayde smirked and held out a hand.

“I’m Cayde-66. Hunter Vanguard,” he said.

“I’m Luna. Diarch of Equestria and Mage of the Moon,” she let him grab her hoof and shook. His face showed a puzzled expression.

“Mage of the Moon?” he asked.

“In Equestria the celestial bodies stopped moving on their own after a magical accident during my father’s, King Solarium, time. He and my mother, Queen Gravitation, rose them until we could,” she explained.

Cayde stepped back, “I see. Makes sense. Now, as Ghost told my Ghost, you need a ride to the Tower?”

Luna nodded, “Yes. I need to see if any other Equestrians are here.”

Cayde popped his knuckles, “Alright. Once we get there I’ll have someone take a look.”

Luna nodded, “Thank you.” Suddenly she was overcome by an urge to toss her auto rifle in the air and speak. “I am Luna, princess diarch of Equestria, Mage of the Moon, and mother of all that stalks the night. If you should need my help, just fire this gun once and I shall come to your aid be you pure of heart.” The rifle wavered and multiple copies flew from it and disappeared. Cayde looked at her.

“What was that about?” he asked.

“No idea,” she shook her head, “but it happened.” Moments later Cayde’s ship passed over their heads and Luna was transmatted on board. The ship sped off into hyperspace and moments later she was in a strange plaza.

“Come. Lord Shax should know of new arrivals. He keeps track of them for the Crucible,” Cayde motioned for her follow and she walked to catch up. Ghost was relaxing in her helmet, and waiting for her to summon him.

They caught up with Shax a second or two later. “Hey Shax. We got any new arrivals that look like this lady here?” Cayde gestured to Luna.

The large man bent down to look at her, nearly impaling Cayde on his horn. “Nope. Humans, Exos, and Awoken. Nobody with a horn and wings.”

Luna immediately felt distraught. “Oh,” she said, “Thank you.” She turned around and Cayde followed her to the other Vanguards.

“It’s fine Luna. We’ll find them.”

“I know its just-” she was cut off by Ikora Ray, the Warlock Vanguard.

“Cayde! Enough sneaking off. We have enough to deal with without you running off and bringing back strange things.

“Ikora, this is Luna. She’s a new Hunter. I found while down at Old Russia,” he told the woman.

“Very well,” Ikora said, “Has she got a ship?”

“Not yet. I was going to take her over to Holliday,” he said, “I’ll be back in a moment.”

Author's Note:

So, this is now subject to change, as I may switch where Luna is Displaced to, like another Equestria.
As for Fluttershy, I'm not sure yet, so I'll be working on that, and hopefully, eventually, posting it here, right between this chapter and the next.