• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 537 Views, 1 Comments

Into the Heartland: Colonel John S. Mosby (Facing Southern Thunder: Scouts & Spys) - The Prancing Red Pony



Have you been reading Facing Southern Thunder or Facing Northern Lightning? Well this is the story of Colonel John S. Mosby disrupting Celestia's Lines and wrecking havoc in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 1
 537

Chapter 1: The Meeting

Colonel John S. Mosby looked over many maps of Equestria. A white paper cigarette dangled from his mouth as he held a map up to the sunlight. The weather in Appleloosa that day was quite hot. Colonel Mosby was soon to meet with General Robert E. Lee commander of all Confederate States of Equestria Armies & General James Ewell Brown (J.E.B) Stuart commander of all Confederate States of Equestria Cavalry to discuss Mosby's plans for raids and attacks in Equestria. After talking with Lee and Stuart, Mosby and his 43rd Battalion, 1st Virginia Cavalry would ride under the cover of darkness and would go into the heart of Equestria and wreck havoc on Celestia. Mosby and his battalion were renowned for being deceptive, cunning, strong, and sneaky. Mosby had been planning for quite some time on how he would enter Equestria and help the CSE by disrupting Celestia's supply lines, communications, and other forms of havoc to make Celestia frustrated and extremely angered. An aid was coming towards his tent and entered.

"General Mosby Lee wants-"

"to see me. I could've guess I could hear your foot steps a mile away" Mosby said as he cut off the subordinate. That's how keen Colonel Mosby's reactions were he could sense, hear, all the sorts from miles away which made him perfect for a Scout leading position. Mosby never really did like the large hustle and bustle of the regular Army and cavalry he saw it as being too loud and allowed the enemy to hear their position from miles away. "Tell Lee I'll be there soon" Mosby said raveling up maps.

"Yes sir" the aid said as he left Mosby's tent. Mosby grabbed his coat, plumed hat, and the small pile of raveled up maps and walked out of his tent. He passed by many of his soldier's tents and saluted them. He walked passed many infantry tents and they would holler:

"Here's your MULE!!!" at the top of their lungs but Mosby would ignore them and keep walking. Soon Mosby came to a very large tent. It was well-guarded by men of some of the most seasoned regiments in all of the Army of Northern Virginia from the 1st Texas to the 15th South Carolina. Two large flags hung at its sides one being the traditional Star and Bars the other being the Stainless Banner. Mosby entered the tent and there was a large table with many maps on it and on one side was General's Robert Edward Lee and General James Ewell Brown Stuart.

"General Lee & General Stuart" Mosby said with a salute.

"Colonel Mosby" Stuart said with a smile as he walked over to Mosby and put a firm hand on his shoulder "I'm damn glad to see you".

"It is great to see you as well Colonel" General Lee said. Stuart walked back over to Lee's side. Mosby put down the stack of maps and took off his hat and coat. "Now Colonel. We are here" Lee said pointing at Appleloosa "I have figured that Celestia has been made aware of our presence here and has probably already set up defensive positions at Ghastly Gorge so that way into Equestria is blocked off. Do you have any ideas Colonel Mosby?" Lee asked Mosby. Mosby unraveled many of the maps from the stack he brought with him and laid them out. They had many colored lines indicating areas Mosby intended to move his Battalion into the best area where they would not be detected and where they could conduct their raids and attacks.

"General Lee I have been planning for a long while of how I would enter Equestria undetected. I suggest I go east toward's Dodge Junction and then cut north towards Rambling Rock Ridge proceeding along the ridge. There is a railroad just slightly North of the Ridge that I will take out but, I'm a little bit concerned that it is right in the shadow of Canterlot. But, that does not subdue my interests in supporting my country. From there I will go towards the forests near Foal Mountain and then head toward's Fillydelphia which I hope General Kirby Smith or General Johnston has taken by the time I get there so I can pass safely around it. After that I will head into the Hollow Shades Forest and then do what I can to assist your Army General Lee or any other CSE's Army" Mosby finished. Lee and Stuart looked over Mosby's plans and scratched their beards and pondered.

"Colonel you do know you will get right near some of the Equestrian Armies and so be careful" Stuart said. Mosby stood next to the generals.

"I know that when I'm near Rambling Rock Ridge that General Pinkie Pie and her Army will be right there. So when I'm near there I will travel only under the cover of darkness" Mosby said to Lee. Stuart and Lee looked back at the map and at Mosby's plan. They then talked to each other occasionally looking back at Mosby. Then, they walked towards Mosby.

"General Stuart and I have considered your plan and it sounds very good. I trust you do your best out on the field. May you serve well on the field of battle" Lee said. The sun was departing the sky quickly. "The sun is departing quickly. It's best you begin your ride Colonel" Lee said to Mosby. Mosby grabbed his coat, hat, raveled back up the maps, and began to exit the tent. Stuart stopped Mosby just as he was about to leave.

"Mosby you need to do good out there. You are one of the driving forces that will lead to the CSE's victory do you hear?" Stuart said. Mosby turned to his commander and smiled.

"General Stuart I won't let you down" Mosby said as he continued to walk towards the part of the camp where his battalion was. Mosby walked at a quickened pace towards his tent as the sun was moving quicker and quicker near the horizon. He called for one of his aides.

"Yes,sir?" the aid said with a salute. Mosby entered his tent and put down the many maps on his desk.

"Tell the battalion to gear up we are heading out now. The battalion must be ready to head out in 2 hours now go GO!" Mosby told the aid. The aid saluted and headed towards the main body of tents where the battalion was. The Colonel began to dismantle his tent.

*3 hours later*

The 43rd Battalion, 1st Virginia Cavalry was now ready to head out on their mission to help the CSE in their cause to expand. The moon was 1/7 of a way into the sky. Colonel Mosby rode his horse to the front of the battalion. There one of his lieutenant's was waiting for him.

"Evening Colonel" the lieutenant said with a slight hat tip. Colonel Mosby returned the hat tip.

"Evening Lieutenant" Colonel Mosby said.

"Shall we head out Colonel?" the lieutenant said.

"We shall. 43RD BATTALION, 1ST VIRGINIA CAVALRY PREPARE!" Mosby yelled. Down the line he could hear his subordinate officers say Prepare.

"NOW MARCH!" Mosby yelled again. The flags of the CSE arose held by the color bearers. The 43rd Battalion, 1st Virginia Cavalry then began to ride towards Equestria's heartland. Many infantrymen, cavalrymen, artillerymen, and officers cheered and saluted the Battalion. Lee and Stuart were waiting outside the same tent where they had discussed Mosby's plans earlier in the day. They saluted Mosby and Mosby saluted back. It was time for the 43rd Battalion to ride towards their destiny.

Author's Note:

Well guy's here is the latest chapter in my story about the famous cavalry commander Colonel John S. Mosby. Mosby is recognized as one of the greatest guerilla's during the American Civil War. Will the 43rd Battalion be able to help the CSE? Is the 43rd safe even in the shadow of Canterlot? We will see.

If you find any grammar mistakes please P.M. me or comment below since it really helps with my writing. Thanks a bunch!

The Map has changed so that no Northern half of the US exist's but it's just the Southern Half of the US (Civil War Era).

Comments ( 1 )

Holy crap you wrote a story about my great great great great grandfather John S. Mosby that's awesome I'm going to read this ASAP! Automatic upvote!:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment