• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 721 Views, 5 Comments

Everything is Not Awesome - Dezrik



Emmet and friends plan their attack on the the mysterious planet Duplo and the magical land of Equestria.

  • ...
1
 5
 721

The Fall of Bricksburg

"We are from the planet Duplo, and we are here to destroy you."

"Oh man"

A mysterious alien group known as the Duplo had just appeared from what seemed like a giant blue laser originating from a glowing multicolored flower hovering in the sky. These "Duplo" looked like they were made from Lego bricks, except these bricks were much larger than the standard brick, and more brightly colored. These aliens were poorly placed together, with multiple poorly matched bricks forming together to create inconsistent patterns, and creatures who were shaped at awkward angles.

On the opposite side of the mysterious invaders, there was a group of random Lego people who seemed to have originated from multiple regions of the Lego Universe. In the front there was Emmet, a construction worker with neatly combed hair and a standard set of construction clothes. To his right, there was a pink cat with a blueish horn on her head, Princess Unikitty, a Man in a business suit with three brown blocks for his hair, President/Lord Business (he prefers president), and a floating astronaut in a blue spacesuit and cracked helmet, Benny. To Emmet's left, the was a girl in a black hoodie who had black hair some a blue and pink dye in the front, Wyldstyle, and Man in a black bat costume, Batman, and what appeared to be a floating ghost with a headband and a strange staff, Vitruvius. Lastly, towering over everyone else, there was a strange robot pirate hybrid known as MetalBeard.

Everyone on Emmet's side had confused looks on their faces. Who were these mysterious aliens? Where did they come from? Did they actually just say "We are here to destroy you"? Millions of questions were going through there heads.

"Um, the invasion starts now." said the Duplo alien. As soon as it said these words, thousands of odd shaped Duplo started blasting themselves into the surrounding area via blue lasers.

"Cover your butts!" yelled Vitruvius, as the floated out of the way of a blue laser. The rest of the Lego people followed soon after, just narrowly avoiding a laser heading straight to them. They all then proceeded to try and find some cover, mainly from some pieces of destroyed skyscrapers.

"No, my city!" cried President Business, "My beautiful city!"

"Come on guys, we need to stop these guys! MetalBeard, I need you to distract them while we get organized!" shouted Emmet.

"Aye aye me laddie!" replied MetalBeard. He jumped out from cover, and proceeded to assault the Duplo with a flurry of cannon balls and sharks.

"Unikitty and Benny, I need you guys to start evacuating the people from the city!"

"Okie dokie!" replied Unikitty.

"I'm on it!" followed Benny. The cat and the spaceman took off to get the citizens of Bricksburg to safety.

"Batman, go join up with the other super hero's and help save the helpless citizens"

"Awe yeah, lets go bust some bricks!" shouted Batman.

"Wyldstyle, go get good cop to help us out! I'll stay here and help MetalBeard!"

"Be careful Emmet!" shouted Wyldstyle as she took off.

Emmet then grabbed some Lego bricks from a nearby imploded tower, and built a giant grey laser cannon, then proceeded to fire at any nearby Duplo unfortunate enough to be in front of the red death ray. The next couple of minutes were filled with explosions, lasers, and thousands of destroyed Lego bricks.

--------------------

"Keep up the pressure guys, they're starting to let up!" said Emmet.

It had only been a couple of minutes, but in that time, half of the city was in ruins, and most of the citizens had retreated to the surrounding areas. The team of mismatched hero's had been fighting off the alien threat with everything in their power, and the Duplo were losing numbers.

"We can't do this!" cried one of the Duplo, "We're almost out to soldiers!"

"Don't worry, help is coming shortly!" replied another one.

"Whoa, hold on a sec, did the just say help?" said Benny.

As Benny said that, hundreds of bright yellow shooting stars started raining down from the skies. These weren't regular shooting stars however, these stars, just like the lasers from earlier, seemed to be carrying more aliens, and caused even more damage to the once magnificent city.

"What the? What the heck are these meanie mean falling stars of meanness?" said Unikitty.

When the "stars" landed, some white horse like creatures clad in golden armor arose from the craters. What was odd about these creatures is that they didn't seemed to be made of bricks like everything else. These creatures had rounded corners on their bodies, which was absolutely foreign to the people of the Lego universe.

"Arr, what be these strange creatures?" questioned MetalBeard.

"We represent the ponies of the great nation of Equestria, and we demand that you surrender immediately."

"Oh yeah!" said Wyldstyle, "You and what army?"

As soon as these words came out of Wyldstyle's mouth, hundreds of more of these "ponies" joined with the ringleader. They literally all looked the same, the same white coat and golden armor.

"Awe come on!" yelled Batman.

--------------------

After a couple more minutes of fighting, it was safe to say the Lego people were losing this war, the enemies, or rather enemies, had far more soldiers than the rest of Bricksburg. The half of the city that wasn't destroyed had followed the same fate as the surrounding buildings, and were reduced to piles of grey rubble.

"Emmet!" cried Wyldstyle, "We can't keep this up, they just keep coming!"

"But the city! We can't just let them destroy everything!"

"I know, but we can't take them all out!"

Suddenly, a bright white orb of light came down from the sky. The pony soldiers immediately stopped whatever it was they were doing earlier, and just stared at this mysterious object. When the orb had reached the ground, a extremely tall white pony with brightly colored hair and tail that seemed to be sparkling. Judging buy the crown on it's head, Emmet could assume it was some sort of royal figure.

"Guards!" said the new pony, "What are you doing to Emmet's city?"

"Um..." meekly replied one of ponies, "Well... um... sort of destroying it..."

"Do you have any idea how long it took lord business to build this?"

"Yeah, but-"

"No butts. Now leave this city alone."

"Yes princess..."

Then, the guards started leaving the former city. The Lego people just stared in awe as the ponies just gave up, and left without saying another word. After they were gone, the citizens were left with piles of rubble and former sky scrapers.

"Well now what?" asked Benny.

Author's Note:

Just a heads up, this is my first story, so try not to be too harsh. However, constructive criticism would be awesome.