• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 657 Views, 13 Comments

The Will of the Elder - King of Baden



Granny smith is dead, Applejack and her brother go to listen at her last will...

  • ...
22
 13
 657

Uno Capitulus Sanctus

Applejack and Big Machintosh, still wearing their mourning dress, their heads hanging low, were sitting on the orange couch of the notary's waiting room, awaiting their turn for hear Granny Smith's last will. However, Applejack had some concerns, about the notary, his honesty, and his motivations.

“Brother... are you sure about Ugodan Birokrat's offer to make us a free notary deed?” Asked Applejack with a monotonous voice.

“Eyup,” said Big Machintosh with his usual calm voice “sure as the ground we are standing on. He said that he was gonna read Granny Smith's will to us for free.”

Applejack looked at her brother, her eyes still shinging for the tears shed not so long ago, and her voice slightly cracking, like if she was going to burst into tears once again.
“But... he hates our guts! Why he would that?”

“Ugodan said that it was pointless for him keep his grudge, now that the reason for his hatred against us is gone.” The red stallion said without expressing anychange of emotion.

The orange mare asked with more pathos.
“Wasn't the source of his hatred our existence, full stop?”

“Nope,” answered Bigh Machintosh laconically.

“Then why he keeps saying that we are squatting one of his holdings?” Applejack said with passionate confusion.

Big Machintosh briefly broke his stocism for express annoyance.
“I don't know and I don't wnat to. Besides, sis, do you really want to hire a notary from the city? You know how much they cost, and, even if he is our rival, we should accpet his offer. After all, what he can do, besides insult us?”

Applejack sighed, at her brother's statment.

“Guess you are right.”

Then the silence briefly ruled between the two. Then, a door at the opposite end of the room opened, revealing a cyan unicorn secretary levitating some papers and a couple of ponies, one a red mare and the other a purple stallion, going out of the room. The couple of ponies quickly left the studio.

The secretary, while putting the papers on a naerby desk, said with an almost boot-licking voice.
“The notary is in. Enter, if you will.”

Applejack looked at Big Machintosh, and the red stallion nodded. Sighig Applejack stood up, and walked along with her brother towards the door.

The notary's studio was richly decorated and furnished: it had some kind of huge wardrobe with bookshelves for the booklets of the deeds and wooden-framed alabaster flaps on the right wall, an old pinewood table that spanned from end to end of the room in the center, eight baroque chairs distribuited evenly alongside the table, a bigger oak padded chair at the head of the table, and a marble ashtray encased in the table.

Ugodan Birokrat was a dark gray unicorn stallion with a white spot of fur on his neck, light brown eyes with an eye form slightly resembling the one of the mongolians, bald on the head and a shabby tail.
The notary wore a white tie with his initials sew with red thread, a striped light gray waistcoat, and turtle-framed bifocal glasses.

When Applejack and Big Machintosh were entering in the room, he was placing a booklet on the table. The sound of hooves got his attention.

“Good morning, Mr. Macintosh and Ms. Applejack,” said the notary with a polite voice, while he was undoing the cloth node that kept the booklet close “sit down, please, while I take the will of Ms. Smith.”

Applejack looked at her brother. Her brother nodded, and Applejack nodded back, and sat on one of the chairs. Her borther did likewise.

After few seconds, the booklet was open. Ugodan took the stack of files, and started to look at them, discarding the old or current wills of other ponies that used Ugodan's services in the past, until he found what he was looking for, a yellowed envelope closed with a seal made of blue sealing wax.

“Alright, here we go,” said the notary, while he sat on his padded chair on the head of the table, and, with his magic, delicately snapped the seal in two identical pieces. Applejack noticed something on Ugodan's face and gestures that made her suspicious, something she could not excatly tell what was it, but surely didn't promised any good in the near future.

The dark gray stallion took out the piece of paper inside, levitated it with his magic, and put it at reading level.

He read iwth a solemn and serious voice, his face void of any emotions.

“In date 16 November of the Anno Solaris 1322, the here present Apple Smith, in full control of her mental faculties, with the undersigned as only witness, declares, as heir of ten square kilometers of her land,” a smirk grew on Ugodan's face “Mr. Rich Filthy.”

Applejack and Big Machintosh widened their eyes in surprise at the declaration.

“Maybe Granny wanted to reward Filthy Rich for begin such a great trade partner.” Thought the orange pony for reassure herself, while her brother kept looking bewilded at the notary.

The notary continued.

“She declares, as heir of a real estate of one hundred and fifty-four square meters, and sixty-nine square kilometers of land,” the smirk turned into a wicked smile that worried Applejack “Mr. Birokrat Ugodan.”

Big Machintosh exclaimed.

“What? You are the heir of...”

The notary hushed the red stallion.

“Let me end.” He said, before coughing again, and returning to read again.

“She declares as heir of three square kilometers of land near the Wild Zone of Everfree Mr. Apple Machintosh.”

“That's it? Three kilometers?” Said the red stallion with annoyance and bewildment. “That's impossible!”

While her brother said that, Applejack realized something.

Namely, that her family's entire land propety in Ponyville amounted exactly at ninty-two square kilometers, house ecluded. This worried Applejack, who feared to be left landless, and with little to no money for survival for her and her little sister.

But the truth was far worse.

“She also declares that the money, bodies and souls of her two nephews Applebloom and Applejack no longer belong to them, but to Mr. Rich Filthy and Birokrat Ugodan respectively.”

Comments ( 13 )

.....................for one thing, this is obviously a garbage plot.

for another PRINCESS FUCKING CELESTIA. she would see straight through this garbage and probably have both filthy and this assfucker thrown in jail for the rest of their natural lives. you don't touch the ponies who brought her sister back to her and expect to survive the repercussions.

4258136

Or maybe ignore that. After all, Princess Celestia would care about that only if Applejack was requested to be killed.

4258281 ..........no she would care about it as a whole cause she is princess, fucking teases people for treating her like royalty and trolls her sychophants every chance she gets, celestia.the idea of her lettign this injustice stand is equivalent to think pinkie pie would kill and eat the cake twins.
stupid and a contrived thought in a pathetic attempt to defend your story.

4258319

celestia.the idea of her lettign this injustice stand

My headcanon is that Equestira is a Noble Republic with two levels of accepted slavery: "the master owns the body of the slave" and "the master owns both soul and body of the slave."

The first can pay its freedom or can be liberated by the master. The other can't.

And, since all the voters are ponies with lots of acres with at least a couple of slaves, nopony, not even the two princessess, are going to change anything about that.

4258339 ...........that is a contrived head canon to have, enormously so.

also applejack is a national hero and confidant of the youngest princess. pretty fucking sure that stands for no fucking way. and if they are evil enough to allow slavery (this is not a headcanon), they would likely execute those fuckers for attempting to harm someone of that importance.

nothing you say would allow this event to carry out as is.

4258339 so this is saying that celestia would not see straight thourhg this obviously fake will, and not compeltely trash it. and even if some madness took granny smith, she would allow one of the beings who is to thank for her sister's reutrn and well being, be a slave.....................

there is not enough words in any language to express the bullshit levels there.

4258435 Had you carefully thought out your post, I wouldn't be doing this.
For one, a law applies to everyone, and everything. So Applejack could be a slave, and could be harmed if she became a slave. The law applies to her even if she is a "confidant" of the princess. She, being the princess, would feel sorrow, but then just leave it be. If this law was voted by the people it will stay as a law, until they no longer want it. Not only that, it is his fucking story. You CAN help them and explain grammatical errors and plots that do not work, but what you can't do is simply ignore the fact that you aren't a moderator, or the president. So stop bitching about the plot, he wrote it, he could make Applejack and a tree get married.
Maybe Princess Celestia is having a change of mind and heart. In other words, she is corrupt. Politically, and mentally.
Of course, you want the plot to be how you want it, you'll probably want this comment to change, too.

4259081 it is always the guys that point out grammar that know they have no strength in their argument.
the law does not apply to everyone when we have a monarch in charge who is capable of a certain amount of absolute judgement. nor could celestia become corrupted to begin with. she has seen what happens when an alicorn lets their darker thoughts take over, and knows if she let that happened to her she would not be able to stop herself.

and even if she was corrupted she would want the loyalty of the element bearers and twilight. thus, as i said, a favor for applejack and two dead fuckers. corrupt does not mean she is going to let someone loyal to her suffer. not to mention letting her suffer could turn the rest of them against her.

also there is the retarded idiocy of just arbitrarily having slavery without caring about explaining a damn thing.

this story is simply bad. plan, simple, without any actual thought other than screwing over applejack in ways that not even in the rules he made in his idiotic idea of equestria could hold water. also as i said, celestia would not alllow it.
also pretty damn sure you cannot sell someone as a slave in a will and testimony to begin with, so further bullshit.

4259140 Okay, yeah actually, I agree with you. Good point.

4259140 Except you can criticize a bit more non-aggressively. Can you not?

4260731 ............. I have always had a problem with getting too aggressive I guess.

4260778 Take control. It is hard, I should know especially since my fat friend always tries to make me angry.

The two older newphews of Granny Smith, Applejack and Big Machintosh,

Applejack is a nephew? She never knew she was a boy? That explains so much. :pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment