• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 527 Views, 12 Comments

A Blast From the Past - theroyalpain79



This is a what if story, about a long lost relitive of the royal sisters returning to Equestria.

  • ...
 12
 527

A Blast from the Past

It was a fine day in Ponyville, all of the shops in the town's market area were busy, and the streets were filled with happy ponies, busily going about their business. When suddenly, a strange elderly unicorn, wearing a dark gray cape came walking into town. He also had a basket on his back, that was also covered, and he seemed to be talking to it on occasion.

"We are entering a fairly large town Harvest Moon. They seem friendly, but you might want to keep quiet, just in case." Cosmos whispered.

"Ok Papa, I won't say a word." Harvest Moon answered, in a whisper.

He continued walking into town, smiling, waving and occasionally saying, "Howdy", as he passed somepony. To his surprise everypony in town was friendly and they al looked at him cautiously, but they soon smiled and said, "Howdy", back.

Well just because I am a stranger to them, and I may look a little strange, it doesn't mean they don't except me. Cosmos smiled, as the thought crossed his mind.

Suddenly he spots a very hyper pink pony bouncing all over the place, laughing and giggling as she yelled, "Hi", to everypony.

"Oh my, and she is coming this way." He said, to himself.

Suddenly the pink pony spots him and came bouncing right over to him. "Hi! I've never seen you around here before, that means you're new here. I don't know you, but I know everypony in Ponyville, and I also know a lot of ponies outside of Ponyville. My name is Pinkie Pie! What's your name?" Pinkie asked, still bouncing.

"Um, Pinkie Pie please stop bouncing, you're giving this old stallion a head ach. My name is Cosmos Chronos and I have traveled a long way, in search for others like me." He said.

"Oh, what do you mean, like you? Aren't you just an old unicorn, um no offence?" Pinkie asked.

"Well that is a long story, but since you said that you knew everypony around here. Do you know any alicorns?" Cosmos asked.

"Yes I know four of them! There's Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Princess Twilight Sparkle. Princess Twilight is one of my best friends and she lives right here in Ponyville!" Pinkie said, excitedly.

Celestia and Luna, he thought, I haven't heard those names for thousands of years. "Well Pinkie um, do you think I could meet this Princes Twilight Sparkle then? I just might have a very important message for her." Cosmos said, smiling.

"Sure, she lives in the library. It's right this way, follow me!" Pinkie said, as she walked to the library.
________________________________________________________________________________________

A little while had passed, when Harvest Moon whispered to Cosmos. "She seems a bit loco, are you sure it's safe?"

"Sweet heart. She is the first one we have met, that actually knows an alicorn. So please, don't be rude." He whispered back.

The whole time Pinkie had her ear perked up, as she heard their conversation. "So, who's your friend?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh sorry. You heard that? Well, yes I do have a little friend with me, but she is a little shy and most ponies are afraid of her." He said, as he expected the worst.

"Well, if she is small enough to hide on you, than how scary can she be?" Pinkie asked, smiling.

"Well, honestly she isn't scary at all, just very misunderstood, that's all. You will meet her soon enough though. It's just not right, having to hide a little filly like this." He said, in a serious tone.

They soon arrived at the library, and Cosmos quickly asked. "Well shouldn't we knock?"

"Nah"! Pinkie said, as she threw the door open and bounced right in. "Hay Twilight! I've brought you a visitor!" She hollered, as she startled Twilight and caused her to jump to the ceiling.

"Pinkie please, I was in the middle of a very good book! So, who is this visitor you mentioned?" She asked.

The very second Cosmos saw Twilight his thoughts started racing. Could she be related to him.

"Um hi, my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle. What's your name?" She asked, in a friendly manor.

"Well hi Princess! Allow me to properly introduce myself? I am Prince Cosmos Chronos, the elder brother of Queen Solaris, mother of Princesses Celestia and Luna." He said, proudly. "Oh and this is my daughter Princess Harvest Moon. You can come out now sweetie."

Harvest Moon jumped out of the basket and started flying around before she landed beside him. "Hi!" she said looking around the room.

"Wow! A little batpony, how cute, but how could you possibly be related to Princess Celestia? You're a unicorn." Twilight asked, now getting a little angry and confused.

"Please Princess calm down! Here I'll prove it to you." Cosmos said, before his horn began to glow so brightly that it lit up the entire library, and his body was surrounded by a huge ball of magic.

Once the magical ball faded, it reveled that Cosmos was now a large ancient alicorn. He now stood before Twilight, nearly three times larger than he was before, as his massive wings nearly knocked the books off their shelves, and his massive horn nearly touched the ceiling. Twilight and Pinkie Pie, just stood there in complete amazement, barely able to speak.
________________________________________________________________________________________

"Now you know who and what I am. Surely, I must look a little familiar to you little Princess." Cosmos said, finally.

"But, but, you are all supposed to be gone! Princess Celestia, once told me that there was a vast race of alicorns in the past, but all of them were destroyed in the great war. Leaving only her and her little sister. Even Starswirl the Bearded once said that he recognized them, but he never told her what the significance was." Twilight said, in shock and confusion.

"He never told her! If he were still alive, I would wring his little neck. He had to know that Celestia was the eldest daughter of the King and Queen. How dare him, to not mention that!" Cosmos said, a little bit angry.

"Where did you come from, and how did you get here? It's not that I don't believe you. It's just that, this doesn't make much since." Twilight said.

"Well alright, here's what happened. I actually fought in the great war against the Draconequus race. They came to our world through a massive porthole, and started invading. There magic was so powerful, that it overwhelmed the entire Alicorn race, as we struggled to protect our great land. The war went on for abut five years, and as our numbers steadily dwindled down to the last two. It was all up to King Galaxias and I to end the war, once and for all. The last thing I could think of, was to use all of my magic to open a porthole, but once I saw my best friend and king fall. I completely lost my will to stay divine and pure. I used the Forbidden Spell, and sent all of the Draconeqi through the porthole sealing off our entire planet in the process, for thousands of years. In the process, I was thrown back into another porthole and was trapped, and now you know the rest." Cosmos said, as he began to cry softly.

'Wow, I had no idea! None of that is in any of our history books." Twilight said, in amazement.

"What you have to understand is that, without the alicorns. All that we did for this world, was left to the remaining races to struggle with. Everything down to the raising of the sun and moon. Even the weather and seasons had to be controlled by somepony, one way or the other. I have no idea how they managed, but apparently they did." Cosmos said.

"The three warring races, The Great Winter and Hearts Warming Eve. Now it all makes since, because that is where our history books start. It was never mentioned what caused the whole thing in the first place. That was all considered prehistory, or even ancient history. There is also the story, of the unicorns struggling to raise the sun. Until Princess Celestia came along, as a filly and raised it, all by herself." Twilight said.

"So she is the one that controls the raising of the sun now, and I suppose Princess Luna raises the moon and stars every night. I have already witnessed pegasi controlling the weather and batponies control the nightly winds that allow most of the storms to come at night, when most ponies are in bed asleep." Cosmos said.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Just then Spike came downstairs from taking one of his seven hour bubble baths. "Hay I heard a lot of talking down her, what is going on?" He asked, as he was drying himself off, before he looked up. "Aah! A giant alicorn and a batpony!" Spike screamed, as he ran to hide behind Twilight.

"A dragon!" Harvest Moon cried out, shortly after Spike screamed.

"Stop you two! Spike that was very rude, you frightened little Harvest Moon." Twilight said.

"Honestly Twilight, it's going to take a lot more, then a little dragon to scare me." She laughed, "but it's funny how he's afraid of, little ol me." Harvest Moon said, before she laughed again.

"Oh I just remembered something. I need to get in contact with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I would just go and meet them, but that might not be such a great idea." Cosmos said.

"Why not? If a long lost relative came to visit, after being away for a very long time. I would be very excited, even if I didn't know who the were." Twilight said.

"Yes that would be the right thing to do, but what if they did know you, and thought you were dead, and haven't seen you in over 3000 years? It would be just like a dead relative coming back to haunt you. No, I can't just walk up to them and say." ("Hay, guess what I'm not dead, remember me?") "Maybe if it was only for 20, 30, 50, or 100 years, would be acceptable for an alicorn, but never 1000 or more." Cosmos said.

"Well, why don't you just write them a letter, and send it to them, or let Spike here do it? Writing a simple letter, is better than not telling them at all. Besides, I know Princess Celestia better then anypony else in Equestria, since I'm her friend and I was her greatest student, before I became an alicorn myself." Twilight said.

"Oh good, and here I thought I was talking in riddles, with a potential great niece. I actually thought that we might be related ourselves, but on the other hoof, I am glad to finally meet a unicorn that had successfully ascended into an alicorn. You are like one in ten billion, now that is rare." Cosmos said, excitedly.

"Oh, that's nothing! My sister-in-law is an ascended pegasus, if you want to talk about rare? According to Princess Celestia, it has never happened before, and since you know the history of long ago, do you agree with her?" Twilight asked, smiling.

"Yes I do, and I would love to meet this young alicorn someday. So, since Pinkie Pie only mentioned four alicorns. She would have to be Princess Cadence, right?" Cosmos asked.

"That's right, and she is my older brother's wife, by the way, and he is a unicorn." Twilight said, almost confusing herself.

"Well, Twilight do you have a scroll and a quill I could borrow? I honestly think writing a letter would be my best option right now?" Cosmos asked, as she quickly used her magic to give him the items, and he quickly began to write.

"So, Harvest Moon. Is he always like this, or does he get worse sometimes, when it comes to being confusing?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie Pie, you have no idea. Ever since he adopted me, he has been trying to teach me the ancient ways of the alicorn. I still get a little confused around him sometimes. He tried to teach me a magical spell once, and it took him nearly an hour to realize that I didn't even have a horn. Well, at least he apologized to me, repeatedly, later." Harvest Moon said.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

So, as Cosmos wrote his little letter. He pretended to act like he was having a little trouble seeing it, so he lit his horn for extra light, or so everypony believed. He was actually placing an enchantment on the letter. He didn't originally intend to do it, but he thought it would help. He then gave the letter to Spike, and Spike sent it on it's way to Canterlot. Mean while, Twilight decided to invite the rest of her friends over to meet Prince Cosmos and Harvest Moon, but we are going to follow the letter to Cantelot instead. We now see Princess Celestia sitting in her throne, when the strange letter appeared. She quickly uses her magic to catch it, as she reads the first few lines, before speaking to one of the guards.

"You there, Guard." Celestia commanded.

"Yes your highness." He quickly answered.

"See if my sister is awake, if not wake her, and tell her that we both have received a letter of great urgency." She commanded.

"Yes your highness." He said, giving a salute, before he ran to Luna's room.

Princess Celestia sat and looked at the letter a little, while she waited, but she soon lowered it as she began to search through her vast memory.

Soon Luna came running. "You needed to see me sister? What's this about an urgent letter?" She asked, a little confused.

"Yes I did dear sister, but first. Does the name Prince Cosmos Chronos sound familiar to you? Celestia asked.

"Hmm, well I do remember that name, but. That has been at least a couple thousand years ago. No wait, he was our uncle, and we haven't seen him since, we were mere fillies." Luna said, giving her sister an uneasy look.

''I know, that fits my memory as well. Now, after over 3000 years he has sent us a letter." Princess Celestia said, showing Luna the letter.

"That's impossible! We though he died, along with all the others and Mom and Dad." Luna said as she started to cry.

"I too remember the time before the war Luna, even though, I have never spoken of it to anypony. Well, enough chit chat, let's just read this letter and get it over with." Celestia said, as Luna walked over and stood beside her, as they both looked at the letter. As Celestia began to read.

"Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I am Prince Cosmos Chronos, your long lost uncle. I am writing you this letter, because I didn't think it would be appropriate to just show up completely unannounced and ................." Before she could read any further, the spell that Cosmos had place on the letter had taken effect. They suddenly vanished into thin air as the letter fell to the floor, and all the guards began to panic as they searched the castle, franticly trying to find them.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Celestia and Luna now find themselves standing in the middle of the Celestial Plain, with a hall of memories off to their side, and the vastness of space all around.

"Wait a minute, this is just like it was when Twilight ascended into an alicorn! Now how did we suddenly get here?" Celestia asked, before she lightly kicked Luna in the shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Luna said, as she kicked her back.

"Ouch! Well, we're certainly not dead. Sorry about that, I was just checking that's all." Celestia said, before they walked towards the hall of memories.

As they approached the first memory, they both looked at it when Celestia said. "Ah yes, Twilight's coronation. I was so proud of her, I was almost in tears." She said, before they went further.

"Oh, look sister, here is my first Nightmare night. Remember when I told you how much fun I had? Once I realized, that they really did love me. Well, and Pinkie and her little gang of children, stopped running in fear." Luna said, laughing.

"Wait, is that Pinkie Pie dressed up as a chicken? Classic!" Celestia pointed out, before laughing loudly.

They walk a little further looking at each memory and commenting on them until Luna spotted a certain one.

"Wait sister, this is us fighting, and me being banished to the moon." She said, as she burst into tears, as Celestia was doing her best to comfort her.

"I thought bad memories weren't supposed to be here. Something is very wrong!" Celestia said, as she began to look around.

After Luna regained her composure, they pressed on. Looking at a few more memories, until they came across Luna's cutie mark memory.

"Hay Luna, look at this one!" Celestia said, excitedly.

"Aw, I was so little then. Was I really that nervous?" Luna asked, before she let out a little laugh. "Well over there is your cutie mark memory. I still remember the looks on their faces too." She said.

"I still can't get over how they reacted, to seeing a little alicorn filly raising the sun. It took well over a hundred unicorns, to raise it themselves. You know, I actually was cute back then!" Celestia said smiling, as they both laughed.

They soon noticed, that there was just one more memory scene left, before the final large memory scene at the end of the hall. They walked over to it, and were surprised to find that it looked a little strange. They remembered that day, but the scene appeared to be focusing elsewhere.

"Wait, this is that day we heard that loud boom, remember? We realized that our parents weren't coming home. So, we decided to leave and search for them." Celestia asked.

"Your right, but why is it focusing towards that distant area?" Luna asked, as they continued to watch.

The scene went to the final battle, where King Galaxias and Prince Cosmos were trying to fight off a vast army alone. They then saw Cosmos using a very power spell, of which they have no knowledge of. As their father was blasting spell after spell into he army, until he is hit several times by opposing spells. He continued to fight until he started to get weaker and weaker, until he was no more. Suddenly, Cosmos fires off a spell so powerful that it was almost completely blinding. As a huge porthole opened behind the army, and with a loud and powerful explosion, he sent the entire army flying into it, as it quickly closed. Before a second smaller porthole opens behind him, as he is sucked into it.

Celestia and Luna both stand there crying loudly, as soon as they realized what they had witnessed. It took what seemed like an hour, for them to regain their composure. As they shared common reassurance with each other as they both greave. The eventually turned to face the final memory, and fortunately this was a happy scene. They just stood there, still in tears from before as they watched the scene unfold. It was their family, playing and enjoying a peaceful afternoon in the garden of their childhood palace. They both couldn't help but to laugh, as they watched little Luna trying to catch a butterfly. They could also see their mother, as she was teaching Celestia a spell in the back ground. Then they saw their father, as he was teasing Luna by catching the butterfly with his magic, before he started teaching her how to do the same.

They both cried happy tears, as the two sister embraced each other as they continued to watch the rest of the scene unfold.

Suddenly the scene changed, and now, they could see their younger selves running excitedly toward a fifth figure, as their parents began to smile as they looked to see the figure as well. They soon realized It was none other then Uncle Cosmos. As they saw their younger selves, both tackling him to the ground, as they all laughed. The three of them played for a while, before he walked over to their mother and gave her a big hug, and then he gave their father a hoof shake and a short hug, before they are scene laughing and talking amongst themselves, but their conversation is completely inaudible, as the scene fades away.

Suddenly, the entire area around Celestia and Luna, turned a brilliant blinding white, for a few agenizing seconds. Before they find themselves standing back in the throne room once again.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Mean while, back at the library. All of the main six, were talking and getting to know Cosmos and Harvest Moon, when.

Cosmos said to Twilight. "Well my letter should have gotten their attention. I just hope it wasn't too strong."

"Wait, what do you mean to strong? It was just a letter, unless you did something to it? Now that I think about it, your horn was glowing a little too brightly, to be just a simple illumination spell. Besides, if you needed extra light, you should have just stood closer to the window." Twilight said, pointing out the obvious.

"Yes, I enchanted the letter with a little memory spell, but I had forgotten exactly how to do it. So, I used another spell that could do roughly the same thing." Cosmos said.

"Alright what did you do?" Twilight asked, deeply concerned.

"Well I sent them to the Celestial Plain. So that they could share their memories together, while I inserted a couple of my own. Well, I may have made just a slight misscalculation, when I casted it." Cosmos said, a little confused.

"You what! Don't you realize, that some of their memories together are very tragic. Princess Luna, was once banished on the Moon for a thousand years! Do you really want her to have to relive that again!?" Twilight yelled.

"Oh no, what have I done? First, it's. ("Guess what I'm alive, then it's do you forgive me for ruining you life.")" Cosmos said, before he started to cry. Everypony in the room just stopped to look, as they heard him crying.

"What's wrong?" Applejack quickly asked.

"Oh, I think I have made a terrible mistake. I shouldn't have enchanted that letter, but I though it was the only way, to tell them the truth about me. In a way, that they would fully understand." Cosmos said, still in tears.

"Well, I don't know anything about magic, but I sure do know a lot about family. So, what was so bad about you showing them the truth? Shucks, sometimes the truth is the best thing to say." Applejack said, with a smile.

"You clearly don't understand, the truth that. What I showed them involves the death of their father. I was there the day he died, during the final battle of the Great War. I sorry, but do you understand now?" He explained, hanging his head low.

"Oh, um that's different. I sorry, I was just trying to be helpful." Applejack said, as she frowned and went to talk to Harvest Moon some more.

"Cosmos, was it in the form of a memory scene? I mean, was it visual?" Twilight asked, in deep concern.

"Yes, unfortunately. I was just trying to show them the scene, where I defeated the army. Before I was banished by the gods of old, for using extremely dark magic. Matter of fact, the darkest, the Forbidden Spell. It involves closing off our world, by trapping it into a closed plain. Top level alicorn magic, and no. I will not even think about teaching it! In fact King Galaxias and my sister, were the only other two that even knew the spell. We found it in an old dark magic spell book, in the ancient archive. I believe the book was nearly 15000 years old then, but that was almost 5000 years ago." Cosmos said.

"Wait, if you are talking about something that happened nearly 5000 years ago. Then, just how old are you?" Twilight asked, in total amazement.

"Well, let's see um, roughly 7800. Trust me, you completely loose track of time, when you are traveling from realm to realm. Even though I am the guardian of time and space." Cosmos said.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

A little more time had passed, when they suddenly heard a loud knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Rainbow Dash said, since she was the closest to the door. Just as soon as she opened it, she saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. "Um! Hello, come on in Princesses. Um, we were, kind of expecting you." She said, a little frightened.

"Well, Prince Cosmos, I presume! You know uncle, you could have just sent us a nice normal letter. You didn't have to send us to the Celestial Plain." Princes Celestia said, a little angrily.

"I second that! I didn't really appreciate seeing my bad memories, thrown in my face like that." Luna said, also a bit angery.

"Girls I'm very sorry alright! Besides, the only two memories that I intended for you to see were, my worst memory and our best memory, together. That was it, and I apologize for being a little rusty with my spells." Cosmos said, begging for forgiveness.

"Oh, I didn't realize that. You mean the one where, you and father. Alright, I understand now. You felt that it was very important, that we knew. How close were the two of you anyway?" Princess Celestia asked, sincerely.

"He was my best friend, since before your mother was even born. His father may have been the king, but he still allowed his son to live a free life, away from the palace. Well, once you mother was born, she was just like a little sister to him as well. So, when we got older, the three of us used to go on all kinds of adventures together. It was on one of those many adventures, when they fell in love, and the rest is ancient history. Well, until they got married, and he assumed the throne, and then you were born of course." Cosmos said, before Celestia and Luna both looked at him teary eyed as they both grabbed him and gave him a big hug. "Oh, and there is one other addition to our little family." He said. "Meet you cousin, Harvest Moon."

Luna took one look at her and immediately got excited. "She's a batpony, awesome! Now I can have somepony to hang out with at night," Luna said. "For I am, the Princess of the Night."

"No, we are the Princesses of the Night." Harvest Moon said, with a huge smile on her face.

Then Luna grabbed her up, and gave her a huge hug. "She's cute, can I keep her, sister?" Luna asked, excitedly.

"She's our cousin, of course you can keep her, but only until it's time for her to go back home to Uncle." Celestia said, before she started laughing.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

While the royal sisters talked to their long lost uncle, Harvest Moon and the others began talking amongst themselves again.

"Wow Harvest Moon, Princess Luna really took a liking to you. It's a bit obvious though, she does get pretty lonely being all alone at night when she patrols the skies, and protects us from bad dreams." Twilight said.

"I'm just so happy that she thinks you are cute, because so do I. Well, that's probably because I love all creatures, big and small. We all deserve a little compassion and understanding sometimes." Fluttershy said.

"Well, thank you, and now that I think about it. Pinkie Pie said something about the Elements of Harmony earlier, and everything she said sounded so familiar. I honestly think that Papa Cosmos possesses all six, himself." Harvest Moon said.

"Wait a minute. Is it even possible, to have all six at once?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Of course, you can be loyal, compassionate, honest, generous, and have a since of humor, all at the same time. Just add a little magic into the mix, if you are a unicorn or alicorn, and yes, you can have all six." Twilight said.

"The truth of the matter is simple. All of us are honest and loyal to each other. We wouldn't be true friends if we weren't." Rarity said.

"No, you are only half right, all of you." Harvest Moon said. "Papa told me, that the most powerful element in the universe is Love. Without Love, you wouldn't have anything. Nopony would be caring or loyal and so on, if they didn't love one another." She said.

"Um, wow! That has to be the best explanation ever. Um, how old are you again?" Twilight asked.

"I'm five, why?" Harvest Moon asked.

"Oh, no real reason. It's just that you understand so much for a filly your age, that's all." Twilight said.

"What are you all talking about? I know why she understands lover better than all of you, as if it isn't obvious. Harvest Moon, I too lost my parents at an early age, and that is a burden you will have your whole life. I know just how painful real love can be, when the ones you love are suddenly gone, forever." Applejack said, before she gave Harvest Moon a warm hug of understanding.

"Thank you." She said, hugging Applejack tighter, as they both cried.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes later, Rarity looked out side a window and noticed that it was getting late. "Um, Princess Luna, have you noticed the time?" Rarity asked.

"Um no, why?" She asked, as she looked out the window. "Oh! Thank you Rarity, I'm almost late." Luna said, heading for the door.

"Where is she going?" Harvest Moon asked Rainbow Dash, since she was the closest.

"Oh, Princess Luna. She is probably going out to raise the moon. Why, do you want to watch her?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh yes, that would be neat." Harvest Moon said.

"Well lets go then, besides my wings a getting a little stiff from nonuse anyway." Rainbow Dash said, as they flew out the door.

As Harvest Moon first saw Luna in the beginning stages of raising the moon, she looked over a Rainbow Dash and said. "Hay, she's way over there, and I want to get a good view! So, I'll race you to that cloud over there!" She said laughing.

"Ha! You're on, kiddo!" Rainbow Dash said, as they both sped off at high speed.

They soon slowed down, and began to hover as Harvest Moon's face lit with excitement, as she watched Princess Luna, for her first time, as she raised the moon and stars. "That was so beautiful!" She squealed in excitement, as Princess Luna looked over to see her and Rainbow Dash, still hovering in mid air.

"Thank you, little cousin. I have done this for centuries, and I have always thought it was beautiful, myself." Luna said, smiling widely.

"Well I have always liked watching it too, but it was always right before I went to sleep. Seeing you raising the moon and stars always comforted, and reminded me, that you will always be there to protect us at night." Rainbow Dash said, smiling.

"Oh, thank you Rainbow Dash, that was very beautiful. So, when did you become the mushy type anyway?" Princess Luna asked, before she started laughing.

"Hay! I would challenge you, to a little game of lightning tag, but I'm just a little too tired right now." Rainbow Dash said.

"Chicken! Fine, Rainbow Dash. That's too bad though, because that sounded like a lot of fun. I probably would have won anyway." Princess Luna said.

"Ha, very funny. If I wasn't so tired, I would take that as an insult." Rainbow Dash said, before they started laughing.

The three of them soon flew back to the library to rejoin the others. After a short time a few of them were starting to get a little tired, since it was starting to get late.

"Wow, with all the excitement I lost track of time. I need to get back to Canterlot to get some rest, if I want to be able to raise the sun in the morning". Princess Celestia said, before she gave her farewells and left for the evening.

Soon the others were starting to get tired as well, and one by one they all left for the evening, leaving Twilight, Cosmos, Luna, and Harvest Moon to talk for a little while longer.

"I afraid I won't last much longer either, but I just wanted you to know. I am very happy to see that your reunion turned out like it did." Twilight said.

"Yes well, you should have seen the look on the guard's faces, when we finally returned. I have never seen them panic that bad before. I guess seeing both of us disappear in front of them, must have really sent them over the edge." Princess Luna said.

"Well, I just thought of something. I don't have any plans about where Harvest Moon and I will be living yet, and I don't even know where we are going to sleep tonight. Do you think we could stay at the castle, until I have a place lined up, Luna?" Cosmos asked.

"Certainly, you are family after all. I was going to suggest the same thing myself, if you hadn't asked." Luna said, as they started hearing the sound of light snoring.

"Oops. Well, it looks like we wore out our little host." Cosmos said snickering, as he pointed to Twilight, as she was sleeping on the floor.

"I guess I could wake her. So, that she could at least go to bed." Harvest Moon said, as she started shaking Twilight a few times, until she finally woke.

"Huh! Oh, sorry I must have dozed off. Well good night Prince and fellow Princesses." Twilight said, as she staggered up the stairs to her bed, as the others laughed a little.

"Well, this is just like my normal existence again. Everypony is asleep except for us. Well, the night is still young, and we all look like creatures of the night anyway. So, would you like to join me, for a little flight in the night sky?" Princes Luna asked excitedly.

"Yea!" Harvest Moon yelled.

"Are you sure about that, my little Princess? We have both been up all day, and you are still just a filly after all." Cosmos said.

"Oh Papa, I can stay up all night. I've done it before. Please!" She said, begging.

"Well if you get tired, you can land on my back, alright. I just don't want to see you get hurt." Cosmos said, as he gave her a little kiss on the forehead. "That goes for you too, my little niece." He said, as he snickered at Luna.

"Oh, very funny uncle. You couldn't carry both of us if you tried. Well, the moonlight is wasting away, let us feel the refreshing night air under our wings, shall we?" Luna said, as she trotted for the door, with the other two following close behind her.

They flew around for a couple hours, under the beautiful night sky, when Harvest Moon finally stated getting tired.

"See I told you so, Harvest Moon." Cosmos said.

"Well, lets just head straight for the castle then. Do you think you can make it cousin?" Luna asked.

"Yea. Besides, it doesn't look that far, anyway." Harvest Moon said, as she started to yawn.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Once they arrived at the castle. They landed of the highest balcony and started to head down the hall to the bedrooms. One of the guards started to panic, just as soon as he saw Cosmos.

"Halt!" The guard shouted, nervously.

"Wait, stand down! This is my uncle, Prince Cosmos Chronos and my cousin Princess Harvest Moon. Trust me, they have every right to be in the Royal Hall." Luna said, demandingly.

"Excuse me Princess Luna, but isn't he the one that sent, the letter?" The guard asked.

Cosmos was standing behind Luna, and looking over her head, towards the guard when he said. "Well sir guard, I will answer that question. Yes, I was the one that sent the letter, that you speak of. I am after all the, elder brother of Queen Solaris, wife of High King Galaxias, and the last remaining ancient alicorn in the world. Does that answer your question?" Cosmos asked, with a friendly yet unsettling smile, as the guard just fainted in fear.

"Uncle, that was mean, although it was very funny at the same time." Luna said, snickering.

"Well, at least he'll have a good story to tell the rest of the guards. Maybe in a couple days, all of them will know just exactly who I am." He said, giving Luna a goofy grin.

"Can I go to bed now?" Harvest Moon begged, yawning up a storm, as she could barely stand.

"Oh sorry, um here. Why don't you take this room for the night? After all, we only have ten guest rooms to spare." Luna said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, we will only be needing it for a few seconds anyway. I have used this little spell of mine, for as long as I can remember. I prefer to call it, time sleep. It is like a time shift spell, except I cast it before I go to bed and uncast it when I wake up. Here, just watch me." Cosmos said, as he laid down in the bed next to Harvest Moon, casted the spell and got back up. "Wow, I slept like a rock." He said, yawning and stretching, as Harvest Moon still lay in the bed.

Suddenly Harvest Moon started whining and fussing, as she began to toss and turn as she slept.

"Oh my, she seems to be having a horrible dream." Luna said, as she closed her eyes and her horn began to glow. Cosmos just watched her intently. He noticed tears running down Luna face, as he watched Harvest Moon's facial expressions, go from a look of sorrow and fear, to a look of contentment. She soon woke up and looked straight towards Luna.

As Luna said. "Don't worry little cousin, that will never happen. You have our eternal guarantee, and we are never going anywhere." She said, before whispering in Cosmos's ear.

Then Cosmos said. "Absolutely, like your cousin said. You have our eternal guarantee. Even if you live to see 100." He said, as Harvest Moon got out of bed and hugged them both.

Cosmos then looked at Luna as Harvest Moon was hugging her and whispered in her ear. "I never knew that she was having nightmares, from seeing her parents tragic end, she never told me." Before he burst into tears and giving Harvest Moon a long loving hug, before he said. "Harvest Moon, I will love you for ever and ever. I cannot replace your parents in your heart, but I will always be there for you, because I love you."

Since tomorrow starts a new day and completely different prewritten story, I will simply say. THE END.

Author's Note:

I decided to post this story, to give readers a chance to realize that I can write a perfectly clean and beautiful story. I'm sorry that I had to end it on such a sad note, but I didn't want to risk effecting the next story in the series. I have also written another story that is very mature in nature and is possibly the most disturbing Fan fiction ever written. I have already omitted some of he most graphically disturbing parts to make it less shocking, and because I personally feel that it totally crosses the line of being entertaining to being nothing more then vulgar garbage. However the story you have just read is just the beginning of the normal MLP,FIM world that I have had stuck in my head for some time now, of which I have written nearly ten different stories that involves the return of the Uncle Cosmos. Some of these stories are still just in pencil and paper rough draft form, but I will eventually place them on here, but only if the ratings are worth messing with. Oh and another thing. I do apologize for my writing style. The words and idea come out about ten times faster then I can write or type, so some of my sentences really seem to run on, like now if you hadn't noticed.

Comments ( 12 )

Fucking hell... :facehoof:

There are so many grammatical errors here, I don't even know where to start.

First of all, where the hell are the quotation marks? These- "

Second of all, I lost count of how many times you misspelled something, Celestia's name included.

Third...no, nope, I'm out. Fix this shit, message me when you have and I'll give the chapter a proper review :ajbemused:

Did anyone see the title and think of the movie "blast from the past"......no....just me....alright.

Comment posted by theroyalpain79 deleted Apr 21st, 2014

4268055 Um what books have you been reading? Ones without dialogue I presume. You need quotation marks, its a big thing in grammar and it makes you seem like a very poor writer if you don't include them. Autocorrect did not recognize the mistakes because it simply can't tell what is dialogue. It can't do anything. I suggest you fix it and all the rest of the grammar mistakes. Also, don't blame your illnesses (I think that's what you call them I have no idea :derpyderp2:), I've seen really good stories written by people with the same stuff you have.

4268529
I've pretty much corrected it now. I guess I shouldn't write things when I'm drunk. Lesson learned. However, now that I'm perfectly sober, I've realize just how stupid it looked and I've corrected my huge mistakes. Well I'll just revoke my previous comment I place on here earlier. Let's just say, I sort of had a hangover.:pinkiesick::facehoof: Dear, Princess Celestia. Today I learned not to write crap when I'm drunk.:trollestia: Thank You.

4267654 I guess I should have read your comment first. Honestly no I haven't heard of that title, nor do I wish to steal it. If I really need to change my title please let me know. The original hand written story of A Blast from the Past, was written back in December, and I have just now discovered these websites thanks to a fan fiction veteran of Tumblr.

4269594 it's all good bro I doute people know the movie I'm talkin about and I also doute there is another my little pony Fic titled the same as yours and even if there was who cares

I realize there are still a few errors, but I would have to pull it off and put it back up again. I am currently busy working on my other story, that is completely different from the world of this one. It might take me a little while to change gears, from being sadistic to being cute and cuddly again. I guess that's what I get for liking Grimdark too much. Pinkamena Diane Pie, doesn't like it cute, she likes it bloody. Understand?:pinkiecrazy:

So many misuses of commas :facehoof:

4584473 Nothing about the story, just my lack of proper sentence structure. Oh well, your loss!

4584818 I do like the story, I just think it would be a bit more enjoyable if the sentence structure was better. Aside from that, you're a pretty good writer.

4584949 Well thank you for that, and I do apologize. This was actually the very first story I ever posted on here. I never did proof read or edit it, after I started my other story. I was always going to, but forgot. To be honest, I haven't even looked at it in well over a month. The full edited version of this story is on Deviant Art, including the title change, and one of its many sequels. I totally neglected this story on here though, sorry! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment