• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 332 Views, 3 Comments

A Thorn in the Empire - ShiverMay



What went on in the Crystal Empire while it was gone and why did it return?

  • ...
 3
 332

Chapter 7

Narrating: Arts Desire

As I walked through the castle doors, my heart seemed to stop. The empire was shadowed with gloomy darkness. The sky, not a beautiful blue, but flat and grey. I don't remember what the sky should look like. Last time I saw it I was, after all, just a little filly.

Seeing the musty and worn down buildings, needing to be cared for once again,I looked at the ground. It was littered with dark crystals, which made it rather difficult to travel on. Looking up I studied the ponies.

Sombra appeared to have abandoned chains. Likely due to the same reason I can not escape. The crystal ponies did not shimmer with joy and happiness, as they once did many years ago. Instead they wandered with their heads down, as if they had no purpose.

I saw how important it was for me to find the pony in my dream. We had to save these ponies, show them that there is a purpose to life. I wanted them to be happy and free, to see them shimmer in joy. I had to find the filly...I had to find my sister.

My mind was busy thinking of where I might find her, as I traveled through the terrain of scattered shards. She'd been in a cell in the dream, therefore she might be in the dungeon. However, that appeared to be years ago. She could have been moved anywhere in the entire empire.

I turned around and looked up at the sky, well, i looked up. I'm not sure there actually was a sky. I was drawn to a tall tower. I'd never been up there before. I didn't even know there was a tower there. I've been many places in the castle, but never that tower. Could there be something, or someone, up there, that the King is hiding?

I thought about it. And I studied the tower. It was tall and had stairs spiraling upward along the wall. I could barely see the door that lead inside. Thinking of possible entries to the tower, I continued to walk.

If it was what I thought then the entry is definitely hidden. The king would likely have the entry where he can be sure no one will find it. Somewhere he can keep an eye on and go to easily. The only possible place I can think to hide a door is the throne room. I would have to know where the passage was, but that wouldn't be too hard. The King goes in and out about the same time every day. Just gotta figure a way to study the room.

Tomorrow I'd look for someone who may know if my sister is up there or where she might be otherwise. Some pony must know where she is and be able to help get her out. I walked in a trance of thought. The city was the same all the way through. After a few minutes I just walked with my head to the ground. I didn't care to look at it anymore. When we got back to the castle I made note of the direction of the tower relative to the inside. I was sure something was up there.

Comments ( 1 )

Your abilities to expand are improving, however they need drastic improvement to meet the standard good fimfic. In any case, this is a decent story, the characters are developing at a steady pace and it's imaginative. I suppose this could be better when It didn't jump scenarios so fast, it'd be easier for fast readers to understand.

Login or register to comment