• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 332 Views, 3 Comments

A Thorn in the Empire - ShiverMay



What went on in the Crystal Empire while it was gone and why did it return?

  • ...
 3
 332

Chapter 4

Narrating: Arts Desire

The guards walked behind and in front of me, forcing me down the long hallway. The walls were covered in paintings, most of which I did. They portrayed either Sombra, chained ponies, or a lot of black crystals. That's all I was allowed to paint. Walking down this hallway with a guard, reminded me of when I was first found.


I had just run into the guards and they were taking me to the king. He carried me down the hallway. There weren't many paintings, but I studied every one we passed. The doors to the throne room, were dull and unpainted. It seems that such an important room should open up a little less boring. The guard knocked on the door and it swung slowly and quietly. Not silently. The moment after was silent.

I was guided to the center of the throne room. I kept my head down, not wanting to look at the beast I knew was there. I was scared. My family was gone because of him. Maybe I should disappear too. I wanted to cry.

"Well now, what do we have here?" Spoke a deep voice from the shadows.

I didn't look up, tears already forming behind my eyes. Everything I saw was sort of a blur. I tried not to cry, but when I cleared my vision I looked up to see the king. I was curious about what he looked like, but fear forced me to look back down.


I wasn't going to do the same this time. We came to the doors, which were now a beautiful red. When they opened, the guards, guided me to the center of the room. I stood still and stared at the king. He was surrounded by the darkness that filled the open space of the room.

"I hear you tried to run. Now, why would you do a thing like that?"

"You! That's why!" I yelled. My voice echoed around the room. He waited for it to finish before replying. I was mad. I was mad at him for everything he did and does.

His face didn't change. "Me?" He spoke with a calm, yet stern voice. "You don't like it here? You haven't really seen much of the empire. Have you? I think you should take a tour of the city, and see why you can't leave."

The guards pulled me off the ground. I tried to resist, but I couldn't. They were stronger than me. They dragged me through the doors and to my room.