• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 6,090 Views, 472 Comments

Kingdom Hearts F.I.M: Rise of The Elements - Spirit Shift



The Mane Six become Keyblade Masters in order to find Spike, who's been swallowed by darkness. Will their friendship be enough to save him from being swallowed completely? Girls w/ keyblades. No crossover, just awesome Humanized Action Adventure fun.

  • ...
25
 472
 6,090

PreviousChapters Next
CH57: Shrouded in Flames

Trial’s eyes opened as he finished off his recounting. Momentarily, the slitted orbs drifted towards Areth who had long since turned his back to the group and chose to face the doorway itself. A back, Trial noticed, was much larger than he was those years ago. Whether it was a growth spurt or a rich dedication to training, Trial did not know. What he did know, though, was that as a soldier, Areth would never reach the level he was destined for due to the injuries from protecting Jin that day.

He let out a quiet sigh before turning back to the girls. “As he relayed, Areth fought bravely that day, suffering multiple injuries. However, he could not stop Attor. The boy came to the village with the bodies of both Jinkei and Areth in tow, and proceeded to wage a one man war upon finding his origins.”

The girls sat there, all of them nearly speechless. Dash had long since balled her hands into fists. There had been multiple times where she had tried to intervene, but was stopped by one girl or another. Eventually, at the request of Rarity, Twilight had cast Silence on her to keep her from interrupting.

“Spike… err… one boy did this much damage to this world?” asked Rarity.

Trial nodded. “Not just him. While his fire magic devastated our way of life, he also brought with him something we’d hoped would never return. He brought the heartless.” Trial looked upwards, as if glancing at something past the tent and into the sky. “The giant creatures of pitch black that are nearly immune to our attacks. Even at full strength we could do little more than hold them off. Now… they attack at will… steal hearts at will.”

The girls looked at one another, all of them trying to process what they were hearing in their own ways. Twilight, to her credit, was doing better than usual by doing what she did best… asking more questions.

“Ahem,” she said, clearing her throat. “The… the boy. Why do you call him Attor?”

Trial steepled his fingers and his gaze narrowed once more. “Attor was the name given to the first halfling who originally sent this world into the darkness. Henceforth all halflings who are born share this name. It’s a cursed name, a brand you might say, and one perfect for the bringers of darkness who should never have been born.”

A second passed in silence until a thought came to Trial’s head. “The colourful one,” he said, looking directly at Twilight, but referring to Dash. “She seemed very passionate whenever I mentioned Attor. And as I recall from Areth, the boy wielded two of your legendary Keyblades. If I may address your… friend, as you say,” he said, finally looking at Dash directly. “What is your knowledge of the boy? I’ve never seen one hold two legendary weapons. Is he a cursed child amongst your kind as well?”

His tone was soft, yet stern in what was his attempt to try to empathise with the females in front of him.

Dash immediately opened her mouth, yet no sound escaped. She glared at Twilight who could only glance over sheepishly before answering herself. “My friend is a bit… hot blooded about the situation. I can answer for her this one time.”

Trial nodded, allowing Twilight to continue.

Twilight took a deep breath before speaking. “We don't know anything about that boy specifically.” Dash reeled back, shocked from the statement. She slammed a fist on the counter, yet still no sound. Twilight, meanwhile, continued, her words coming slowly and deliberately. “And there’s not much in our legends about dual wielding keyblades. But… to hear of someone with a keyblade being corrupted by darkness… That’s the concerning part.”

The table grew quiet once more. Each of the girls' expressions told a story of their own. Rarity looked nervous, as if unsure exactly how to feel. Twilight, whose own hands were steepled, stared out into space pensively, as if replaying the story over again. AJ and RD looked furious, though, at a single glance one could easily tell that they were furious for different reasons. While Pinkie looked apprehensive at the prior three, trying to gauge their reactions herself before expressing her thoughts.

Thirty seconds,

A minute,

Two minutes passed until Trial broke the silence. “I… must say. I’m rather surprised,” he began, looking around the table. “When I decided to tell you our story, I did not expect you to take it with such severity. I’m impressed, keyblade wielders. If I may, I would like to ask you all for two favors,” he said, stopping on Twilight.

This snapped Twilight out of her own mind. She glanced at Dash, who’s eyes were shadowed under her bangs, before nodding at Trial who continued.

“Keyblade wielders, I need your help. We need to get the heartless under control before we can truly rebuild,” he said, holding a hand out.

Twilight leaned forward onto the table. “I would love to, but would you please allow me a moment to talk it over with my friends? I’m sure nobody had any complaints, but we would like to discuss what to do about the possibly rogue keyblade wielder.”

Trial’s eyes fell onto the table. “Ahh yes, the boy you met when you first arrived was Jinkei himself. During Attor’s attack, Jin found himself corrupted and began fighting against us alongside him. However, I believe that corruption is gone along with the half breed. My fellow soldiers don't think so. I know that he’s been out there, keeping the heartless at bay on his own, a true warrior to the end.” He looked back up at Twilight, a fire in his eyes. “I will not question his actions, but I at least want to ensure his safety as a soldier that I trained. My second favor, please… find him and report his well-being back to me.”

Trial stood up. “Please converse in this room, it is secure.” With that, he moved towards the door and, with a single to Areth, left the girls alone to talk.”

AJ immediately turned to Dash. “Alright now before we get into this, Rainbow you…” she trailed off. Looking around the girls noticed that Dash wasn't anywhere to be found. “CONSARN IT!” she cursed.

Rarity cautiously searched the tent, looking under the table and around the perimeter. “How did she slip past the guard!” she asked, looking at Pinkie, who just shrugged.

“Wasn’t me,” she said.

Twilight looked around, wide eyed before a look of sudden realisation came over her. “She still had the silent spell on her. We didn't hear a thing!” she said, facepalming.

“Yeah, I noticed,” grumbled AJ. “But where the hell did she go!?”

Twilight thought about it for a second before snapping her fingers. “Lady Palutena’s power! We can still reach wherever she is with telepathy.”

Rarity shuddered at the thought of someone entering her personal mind palace. “Do we have to?” she whined.

Twilight nodded gravely. “We need to know where she is in case Sp- in case SOMEONE tries to kidnap us again. Master Luna’s orders.”

And with that she reached out with her mind, calling on her connection with Dash. “Rachelle, can you hear me?”

There was a moment of silence.

“What the hell do you want? Am I finally allowed to talk?” Dash’s voice screamed through everyone’s head all at once, clear as day. It sounded, for lack of a better word… sarcastic.

Dash, you know I only casted that spell to keep you from causing an outburst.” Twilight replied, keeping her mind’s voice a gentle even tone.

“Ya were being a mite annoying there during the story, RD,” added AJ, keeping no such restraint

“Whatever, I don't care. What do you want?”

“What do you mean what do I want? WHERE ARE YOU!?” she said, her composure faltering.

“I LEFT! I’m not gonna sit there while you guys let him call Spike all those horrible things! Cursed child? Corrupted by darkness? He’s clearly insane.”

Rarity put a finger to her chin in thought. “I don’t know, darling… from his description, that was certainly Spike. Same clothes and even the same age as when Kirito described him.”

“In any case!” Twilight thought, shaking her head. “We need to hear Trial out or we can’t help them.”

“Well maybe I don’t want to help them!” Rarity and Twilight let out an audible gasp. “I think they’re lying about something, Twilight. Destroying the world? Spike would never do anything like that, even if he was brainwashed!”

Twilight frowned and began slowly rubbing her temple. “Rachelle, you have a responsibility! Stop acting like a child and come back!”

“I’d rather be a child than turn my back on my friend to help the people that hurt him over a dumb superstition!”

“What do ya mean ‘hurt him’? From what ah can tell, they were hurt BY him! Super-institution or not, the fact is they saw him do it! ” AJ blurted out mentally.

“Think about it, hayseed! Spike is half dragon, they hate half dragons. They probably attacked him first then made up the story afterwards!”

“And burned down their whole world in the process?” AJ thought incredulously. “Use yer, brain, sugarcube. I can tell when someone’s lyin’ and Trial definitely aint the type to to be tellin’ no fib over somethin’ as serious as his people’s lives.” AJ let out a slow sigh. “Listen, ah’m not saying Spike really did cause everything, but he sure as hell was a part of it.

Twilight, still rubbing her temple in an attempt to keep a calm enough tone, continued. “As much as I would love to try to figure all this out now, it doesn't matter. Spike isn't here any more so there’s no point in deciding if he had a hand in it. Let’s put it to the side and deal with the heartless that are still here first.”

“I won’t help a world that would treat my friend like a monster just for existing.”

Twilight let out an audible groan. “That’s not the… Listen, Rachelle, sometimes we need to put our feelings aside to help those in need, bias shouldn't outweigh doing what’s right.”

“ Well Is that why you pretended that he wasn’t your brother!?”

As if there were a record scratch, all communication went quiet for a very, very tense second.

AJ regained her senses first, her fists balled tight enough to crush a boulder.

“For the love of- is THAT why you ran off?” AJ blurted, stomping her foot.

Twilight held up a hand, stopping AJ mid rant. Turning away from the group, Twilight took a deep inhale and held it for a second, and let it out in a slow shuddering breath before beginning.

“Do you have any idea how much it hurt me to say that, Rachelle? Of course he’s my brother, but right now I have a responsibility as a Keyblade wielder to help them get rid of the darkness. If I tell them about our relationship, who knows what they’d do.”

There was no response from Dash. They could tell she hadn’t cut the connection yet though, so they waited.

“Please don't get mad at me over this, Rachelle… I just want to do what’s right,” Twilight mumbled aloud, her shoulders shaking.

After another moment of silence, Dash finally responded.

“You guys help the dragons if you want to. I’m gonna find out the truth.”

And with that, she cut the connection.

Immediately, Rarity moved to pull Twilight close to her, only wincing a little as her blouse became just a little wet.

AJ turned away from the group, gritting her teeth and trying very hard not to break the dragon’s meeting room table.

Pinkie… was nowhere to be found, having also snuck away during the conversation.

PreviousChapters Next