• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,057 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Another Day in Paradise, part 2

Another Day in Paradise, part 2

"There you go, Galaxy! Right in the astronomy section, where I said it would be!" I exclaim to the parting unicorn, before I rush back over to my book. "Have fun making this year's forecasts and star charts!"

Having finally gotten Dream Castle's mystical- talking astrologer out of my mane, I was hoping to finally return to my book, when I heard the sound of flapping wings behind me. "Now what?" I groaned. With a sigh, I turned around, expecting to find another distraction- er, I mean Pegasus customer needing my help. What I saw instead was looking into the most beautiful pair of deep blue eyes I had ever seen.

"Oh, hey there, Paradise!" The perfectly sculpted mass of horse flesh attached to those wonderful eyes addressed me. "Hope I'm not disturbing you, but Sweet Stuff told me I'd find you in here!"

"Oh! Hello, Trucker!" I reply, blushing in embarrassment with the object of my earlier fantasizing standing in front of me. "Y-you looking for a book?"

"Actually, I had heard you got a new adventure book in." He replied, grinning. "And you know how much I love those, especially ones with lotsa action!"

Oh boy, do I ever know that! Unlike his sibling, Trucker's cutie mark doesn't indicate a love of fast moving vehicles. Rather, it's an indicator of his love of fantastic adventures- in fact, he's gone through every action and adventure book in my fiction section already. That's... kind of the main reason I have a thing for him, us both having the same passion, and all.

"Oh, I was just reading it right now." I reply, gesturing to the open hardcover on the table with my hoof. "But I can let you check it out, and I'll finish reading it when you return it."

"Oh no, that wouldn't be fair to you!" He replied, sitting down in on of the chairs. "I have an idea... why don't we both read it from where you left off, and then I'll take it home and read the first part later!"

I knew he was just trying to be nice, spoiling the ending for himself just so I can finish. But it would be fun to have such a handsome stallion reading one of my stories wit me, so I sit down and pick up the book with my wings. As i begin to read again, we are both drawn back into the world between the pages...

...

"I have a better idea!" The injured stallion declares, tackling the tribal pony, and taking his spear. "Why don't we both fight these brutes of, together!"

Nodding in agreement, I jump into battle beside him, thrusting my spear this way and that. Together, we send many of the savages flying, felling our foes right and left, and sending the remaining fiends scurrying off into the jungle. But we have no time to celebrate, as a darlk shadow emerges from the trees, and the cruel leader of the pony tribe stands before us.

"Bah! Those worthless buffoons can't do anything right!" A tall, hideous looking anthropomorphic pig woman snorts. "If I want Dream Valley ponies cooked up into a beauty potion for my lovely and radiant skin, I guess I'll have to do it, myself!"

"Oh no, it's the evil swine sorceress, Porcina!" I declare, raising my spear defensively. "The evil witch who turns ponies to glass with a touch!"

"Fear not, my lovely maiden most fair!" Trucker replied, raising his spear next to mine. "For we shall fell this foul beast... together!"

The witch suddenly lunged at us, and the battle was quickly joined between hoer, heroine, and villainess. Magic bolts flew from her hooftips, turning the trees to glass as we dodged this way and that. Trucker and I quickly leapt in and out, stabbing here and their on her fat, slobbery body with our spears wherever we could find and opening. Frustrated at our success, the morbidly obese witch leapt into the air and came down, trying to crush us from above. Seeing our opportunity, we both leapt out of the way, then thrust our spears up into her bloated abdomen.

"AGUGHHHHHH!" She squealed, as black liquid and puss oozed out. "You stupid little ponies have destroooooyyyed meeee! Aguaghhhhh!"

And so, the foul beast died at our hands. The tribal ponies, grateful at finally being liberated from their slavery to the evil witch, take us back to their village to celebrate, roasting a freshly killed pig sorceress over an open fire for our feast. there in the shadow of the campfire, we gaze into each others eyes longingly, having bonded over the adventure we had shared together.

"I.. .never got the chance to thank you for saving me, Paradise." Trucker said with a smile, lying next to me on the soft sand. "You were really wonderful out there."

"You weren't so bad yourself, speed boy." I reply flirtatiously moving closer to him. "In fact, I wonder just how fast and dangerous an adventure pony like you really is..."

Putting our arms around each other, our lips gently press together in the shadow of the crackling firelight. Our few crude garments quickly shed, our two Pegasus bodies became one in the passionate heat of the jungle, as we-

....

"Hey Paradise, you in here?!" Moondancer's voice echoed through the library, as she came trotting inside. "Locket wanted me to find a book for her on security system, and- HOLY HORSEMASTER WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING ON THE LIBRARY FLOOR!?!"

Needless to say, Trucker and I had a lot of explaining to do... ah ha ha...

.... ohhhhh boy.

PreviousChapters Next