• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 499 Views, 1 Comments

To the Andromeda - The Cobalt Blur



Meet Mark, he is the explorer of the stars. His mission it is to explore but he finds something he never expected.

  • ...
 1
 499

Ch. 2- The Stars

To the Andromeda -Ch 2-

All was calm on a peaceful night, nearly everyone had gone to sleep. Except for one pony.

Luna sat on the balcony that overlooked all of Canterlot and Ponyvile, but she wasn't out there to admire the beauty of it all. She was outside because she felt something out of place in her night.

She scanned the sky trying to figure out what was disturbing her when she noticed a shooting star moving downward towards the south. Luna then looked away because it seemed to have burned up in the atmosphere. A few seconds passed before she looked back and saw the same shooting star, it was now glowing red and moving at incredible speeds.

The "star" was on a collision with the outskirts of Ponyvile.

Luna stood there is shock as the hot debris reached the speed of sound and sent out a loud boom that was surely going to wake up most of the peaceful town that was below.

the shock wave was what finally woke up Luna. She then charged up a high power levitation spell, lowering her head she shot the spell directly at the hot mass. The spell flew though the air at an extreme speed, and immediately stopped the object only hundreds of feet above the town. Luna then teleported to herself to examine it. Right then the hot circular object slammed down in front of here still smoking.

The ball started to burn a small indentation in the wooden floor as it cooled down. Luna then picked up the small sphere once it had cooled down for a closer examination. It looked like a ball of tungsten, the same stuff that was in some light bulbs. Also it appeared to have a small opening in the the top. Running out of ideas Luna then decided it would be best that she gave it to scientists in the morning because she was sure some of them may be curious what woke them up at 5 o'clock.

After Luna set the object back down she walked out again to scan the sky once more. After only looking for a few seconds she spotted what looked like another "shooting star" in the sky.

"Oh no, not again." Luna said with stern voice "You are not hurting my subjects!"

She then shot out another high power levitation spell to pull the "star" in, but it was much larger that she originally thought. So she charged up even more power and on that note she yanked on it with a strong force and stopped whatever orbit it was in. That's all that it took because gravity nearly did the rest, all she needed to do was put it some where where it wouldn't hurt anypony, and all should be fine. Until it fought back.

Comments ( 1 )

This seems like a great concept! Can't wait to read more.

Login or register to comment