• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 2,783 Views, 507 Comments

At the Inn of the Prancing Pony - McPoodle



Celestia awakens from an enchantment to discover that Equestria has been taken from her.

  • ...
11
 507
 2,783

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46: Isolation

At the Inn of the Prancing Pony

Chapter 46: Isolation


In her throne room in Canterlot, Celestia, Princess of Equestria, sat in her throne. Her eyes were closed as her spirit roamed through the land.

Despite her final conversation with Ellen (and Mary Jo by proxy), she had still felt the presence of one last player in Equestria—probably Brian, playing a solo game. But eventually even he got bored.

There...yes, that’s it! Equestria is finally—

Celestia opened her eyes.

Equestria was gone.

She was floating in space, with no sign of throne, palace, Canterlot, ponies...anything. To her left was her sun. To her right was the moon, stained with the mark of the Nightmare. She turned slowly around to face the only other inhabitant of her entire universe: the stone statue of Discord.

“You!” she cried. “You were responsible all along, weren’t you? You were the one that lured that mad human here, who started this whole madness and for what? Revenge?”

I told you that you were an usurper,” His oily voice echoed in her brain. “And that the fate of all usurpers was revolution. The players were my successors as rulers of Equestria. I gave the entire planet to them, to do with as they wished. And that sale was non-transferrable!

Discord!

Too bad you kicked them all out. With no way to contact them, there’s no way to bring your world back. If I can’t have this stupid world, then no one can.

And then the voice of the statue stilled in Celestia’s mind, and for the first time in her life, she was truly and utterly alone.

Author's Note:

So...not quite the end of the story.

Should only be one more chapter, though.

PreviousChapters Next