• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 5,285 Views, 134 Comments

A Jew Elf in Equestria - Sir Mortimer of Eden



The Kings of the Elves has found himself in equestria and its his job to find a way back home.

  • ...
28
 134
 5,285

Chapter 5 -or- Too Many Friends!

After walking down a stupid number of hallways, we arrived at our first destination which Luna said was the kitchen, -due to the fact that Jimmy and I had to meet most of the castle staff before heading into the town- Celestia’s posture seemed to change into a strong one. From my knowledge of what being a ruler was like when I read somewhere that most rulers wear something called the royal mask, detailing that it would not show the true side of themselves. Celestia walked into the kitchen first to tell the cooking staff that I’m safe to be around as well as Jimmy too in case they were to freak out or something -and to make sure that they don’t scream like girls when they see me-.

After about a minute of waiting around in the hallway we walked into the room to find the largest cooking room I had ever seen. The walls and floor were completely clean, shiny even as loads of silver ware was hanging on the wall in an orderly fashion. In short, this part of the castle seemed to have the closest resemblance of equipment to our design back at South Park.

As I marvelled at how decent the kitchen was, I didn't notice that there were about ten ponies standing and looking right in front of me in a questionable manner. I stopped looking at the contents of the room, looking straight at them as an awkward silence filled the room -I swear I could even here the sound of a cricket somewhere- until Celestia got their attention.

“Now as I was saying. This is Kyle the Elf King, he is able to control nature around him using his magic on very powerful levels that would rival an Alicorn such as my sister and I and he is to be treated like you would treat other ponies and give him the respect that he deserves,” she said in a boasting sort of tone as the ponies conveyed their greetings and hellos.

‘Geee…thanks Celestia, for boasting like I am the supreme ruler of the world that would kill anypony that does the simplest thing wrong,’ I thought sarcastically as I pictured myself ruling over everything. ‘Come to think of it, I am kind of a co-ruler now since Celestia announced…oh…that’s why she’s treating me like a five year old, like I’m her little brother,’ I sighed at the war that was going on in my head between Celestia and myself.

‘Celestia is treating me like a baby and is now embarrassing me in front of everypony but…she cares for me like a little brother or a son, why am I acting this way…oh right…I don’t have a family anymore and they’re the closest to family that I have now,’ I almost let a tear drop from my eye as I shook away the thoughts, however one of the cooks seemed to have seen my eyes water up as he gave me a look of sympathy and motioned his hoof to the room next door as he turned towards Celestia.

“I’ll be back in a minute Celestia I need to check on something,” Celestia gave me a curious look as if to she knew something wasn't right but she decided to not push it.

“Ok Kyle but hurry back, we've got to show you and Jimmy the rest of the castle,” I nodded quickly as I began to run to the other room.

“Ok, thanks Celly!” I yelled as I closed the door but not without hearing Luna say something that I couldn't make out.

“Sister……blushing…?” I decided to ignore it as I saw the cook sitting on one of the chairs, he motioned a hoof for me to sit down.

“What seems to be bothering you young one,” he asked as I raised my eyebrow. His voice seemed to be one of an elder while he looked only fifty years old, I looked down knowing that we were alone and that he seemed nice enough to talk to.

“Well Mr Stallion-,” he held up a hoof, signalling me to stop.

“Please, call me Smokehoof,” I raised my eyebrow at the weird name.

“Ok…well Smokehoof I’m just still taking all of this in, it’s hard to know that you’re the only one of your kind left.”

“What about Sir Jimmy?” Smokehoof asked in a curious manner, wondering why I left him out.

“Besides him I haven’t got anyone else no mum, no dad just…no one,” he gave me a knowing look.

“The princesses seem to care about you, you’re not as alone as you thought,” I gave him a questioning look as he continued.

“The princesses are the only ones of their kind left too. No mum or dad, not even an uncle or aunty…they’re just like you,” I finally realised why Celestia and Luna cared for me so much. It was because they didn't want me to live the rest of my life alone like they did before they became princesses. I didn't even realise I was crying until I felt the tears falling down my cheek as Smokehoof gave me a hug…I didn't complain, we were alone and already he felt like my dad.

“Shhh, its ok, its ok you don’t need to worry. The princesses care for you very much.”

“How do you know?” I asked, breaking the small hug and rubbing my eyes so that no one else knew that I was crying. He gave me a smile.

“I’ve seen the way Celestia looks at you…like a mother would a child or in this case…like an older sister would a younger brother,” I smiled at that as I got up from the chair.

“Thanks for that Smokehoof,” he waved a hoof.

“Oh it’s nothing Kyle, anything you need…come talk to me,” I had now just realised I had my first friend other than the sisters now.

“Heh I wonder what he would say….,” I looked back at him before I closed the door behind me.

“Who?” he snapped out of thought as he looked at me with a chuckle.

“Just my uncle, he knew the princesses very well you know.”

“What was his name?” I asked as I closed the door with one word drifting through the wall.

“Starswirl.”

I walked towards the door as everypony said there goodbyes, Celestia leading the way back into the hallway and to our next destination, thinking that it was going to take forever to get through all the castle staff and rooms.

And it did.

We went through different parts of the castle, saying hello to all the ponies and getting introduced to the rooms and the rules since I had only just arrived. Luna wasn’t very social around other ponies which made it a bit awkward when I asked her a few questions but Celestia always answered them for me, making me a bit worried about Luna’s social work as from what I knew of touring the entire castle, nopony seemed to greet Luna or Celestia in a normal way.

They’d just say things like ‘Good Morning your Highness’ or ‘Hello Princess’, it isn't even the morning!…oh and yeah…they treat them both like they never knew them and that it was only just there first talk which made me wonder if I would be talked to like that every single day. I started to gather the pieces of the puzzle of why Celestia and Luna cared for me so much and acted like themselves when they are alone around me –other than Luna giving Jimmy a glare every now and again when he wasn't looking, must be because she just doesn't like him that much-.

Finally as we finished the tour of the castle, we were able to visit the town but only for a short time due to the fact that taking a tour of the castle takes seven…drawn out…hours!! But as we were about to leave the castle I remembered that I had to ask Jimmy a few things about how he knew about Equestria. I put a hand on Jimmy’s shoulder, stopping him as I motioned him to stay.

“Celestia, Luna, Jimmy and I will catch up in a moment. I just need to ask him a few things about…uh…how he found me,” the sisters –including Jimmy- gave me a weird look but accepted the fact that I wanted to talk to him as they began to walk into town.

“Ok Kyle, but be quick about it!” she asked in a tone that I couldn't decipher.

*Crack*

I motioned Jimmy over to one of the rooms so that we could have the talk in private. Once we were in the room I closed the door behind me, to make sure that nopony was to hear our conversation.

“Ok first off, how did you know about…all this,” I asked/demanded as he went right into it.

“Well Kyle, it all happened about a year ago, in a d-dream actually,” I raised my eyebrow but let him continue. “I-I will make it brief then.”

“In the dream I was a bard as you might have known by now, but I was the age of an adult with a-awesome bardic attire and flute, and the best part was that I didn't need my crutches so I was a-able to w-walk around. At first I thought it was a dream but everything seemed to be so real and a-as Celestia explained, I found her and we became friends of sorts. After she left I began to l-look into the history of this place when I found out that it has three different species …Dragons, Griffons and Ponies as well as their species, like the Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony and Alicorn – of which there are only two of course-,” he spoke in a really fast pace as I took all the information in.

“So let me get this straight. You arrived here in a dream when Celestia was only a filly and knew about this and you didn't even tell me!” I yelled, angry at Jimmy when he gave me a confused look.

“B-but it wasn't important until now…,” I suddenly felt incredibly stupid as I face palmed.

“O-ok…let’s just get to the town,” I said in a deep tone as I opened the door and headed to the entrance of the castle.

------

When we reached the castle entrance Luna was there to greet us, a smile on her face when we were in her sight. She waved us over to her and we stopped in front of her, still showing her smile.

“Hello Kyle!” she looked over to Jimmy, her smile disappeared as she faced Jimmy. However, he didn't notice as he was too busy looking around. “…Greetings Jimmy…my sister waits for us at the center of town,” I nodded as we begin to walk towards the center of town.

We see Celestia off in the distance talking to a crowd of ponies that were gathered in the middle of town, celebrating that Discord was gone as I just watched from a distance.

“Oof!” I grunted as I felt somepony bump into my back, looking down to find a colt looking at me in a curious but blank way.

“Hey there, my name is Kyle what’s yours,” I asked, giving a good first impression as he just continued to stare at me blankly making me feel a bit awkward at the situation until a stallion and mare ran up to me pulling their son back a bit, giving me an apologetic look.

“Sorry about that he seems to just wander around everywhere. Son, apologise,” the stallion said/ordered as the colt just continued to look at me with a blank look. The stallion just sighed.

“Sorry about that, he doesn't speak much…at all really. We were just about to leave, come on son,” he began to pull the colt along with him towards the castle for some reason.

“Don’t worry about my husband, he’s just a bit on edge.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Well it’s just that we need to get...away for a while,” she seemed to put a lot of force in the word. “He has so many friends its hard to keep track of his friends coming over and playing that we just need a break. He is even friends with the griffon emperor and somepony by the name of Faust was it…yes it was Faust,” the corner of my lips raised a bit at that.

“How do you know that?” she gave an awkward blush.

“Well he said it, but that was the third and last time we heard him talk...oh I've got to go, bye!” she waved a hoof at me as she began to run towards her husband who –from what I heard from him- mumbled something about a mirror…must like dressing up or something. Luna put a hoof on my shoulder, giving me a concerned smile.

“Are you all right?” She said in a calm tone as I smiled back at her as I waved my hand away.

“I’m fine, let’s just see what your sisters up to,” she nodded, lifting me up with her magic as we began to walk to Celestia, the crowed having gone back to their daily routines. She gave me a smile as she saw that we had arrived. The smile seemed to feel strange…different...like it wasn't her own smile but it was at the same time.

*Crack*

Author's Note:

Hey Everypony!

Sorry for the Delay i'm just starting to get lots of School assignments and its really caught up on me but i hope you liked the chapter.

See you Later!