• Published 30th Mar 2012
  • 7,880 Views, 117 Comments

The Day It Began - Dyon



One fateful day Twilight uses a summoning spell to bring a mysterious being from another world to Equestria. Unknown to her this sets off a chain of events that will change the world forever. This could change Equestria for the worse or better.

  • ...
17
 117
 7,880

Complications

When I first began the project that is "The Day It Began" I honestly had no idea where this story would end up going. It took me...a very long while to get everything pieced together in my head and find out just how this explosion of exposition would all come to an end, and when I did finally get there I realized I had left out one of the most important parts, the middle. So there I sat, for months, completely blocked up and having no idea where I should be taking this story that I know will eventually once again hit the track that I had laid out and hopefully meet the expectations of anyone that cared to place any on it. I am still struggling with this story, and with all of my stories to be perfectly honest, but I just wanted to step up on my soapbox today and say that I am trying. I am once again, after a long break from all of my writing, rededicating myself to these fics, and "The Day It Began" is very high up there on the list of stories I need to get back to. So if there is anyone out there that would like to see this thing continued after so long of being left untouched I hope that you will get this message and let me know just how you feel.

Sincerely Trying,
Dyon

Comments ( 13 )

the direction that you decided the human to take after learning the back story is an interesting one, most people would be completely against helping someone after a: they dont trust you b: at one point they were human and now they hate you cause you are human c: its not my problem
story is neat but i feel like the human was just thrown in there for the sake of having a person in the story.

I just wanted to step up on my soapbox today and say that I am trying.

That is all anyone can really ask. :twilightsmile:

So if there is anyone out there that would like to see this thing continued after so long of being left untouched I hope that you will get this message and let me know just how you feel.

Message read loud and clear! As for how I am feeling... well pretty pissed off at the moment, but that is for RL reasons. As for this story, I would really like to see this continue. Now if that takes awhile, then so be it. Heck if you feel the need to do a reboot so that you can fix up the middle to get it back on the intended track then that is fine as well. Whatever you decide to do, just know that all, if not most, of your readers will back you.

Well, I'm leaving the star on, for as long as this doesn't say "Canceled", awaiting the day that you do resume updating, at which point I will have forgotten all about it, but that's what rereading is for.

Also, this has one of the more interesting origin myths for the princesses. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I would like to see this story continued as well

There's a shortage of interesting fics out there, it'd be a shame to not finish this one

and yet another that hasn't logged in in near a month...

shit, I was enjoying this. shame that there's another for the dead shit list.

The funniest thing about this story is that for the entire length of it, the supposedly so awesomely important human did nothing of importance whatsoever. He's completely and utterly superfluous to the story, just bumming around the castle complaining about the food and playing crappy guitar songs. It's utterly hilarious.

Noooooooooooo not again a awesome story dies and the human was useless shit why man why did this have to die it was to young damn you damn you too hell you ape

I'm super late to this, but you were writing such an interesting and compelling story, and I was in love with following each individual character's viewpoint, particularly our useless human Darky. The way you set everything up, it feels like he would have gone on to do something truly amazing.

I always want and support stories to be finished. This one included.

Finish plzzzzz

Login or register to comment