• Published 27th Oct 2011
  • 2,001 Views, 15 Comments

Ultra Eternal Prodigal Furious Very Big Sonic Fearless Perpetual Heroic Epic Legendary - Sir Ostentatious



Valiantly I dare the tundras and grassy knolls to slay the seven beasts of Hell for more adjectives!

  • ...
7
 15
 2,001

Book 3: Part 2: Chapter 2: Episode1:: The Collaboration

“Dear Scattershot,

I wrote this letter as we walked the many miles in the desert in case I was abducted. If you are reading this, I must have been abducted. How foolish of me, though I suspect where my captors are taking me can only be described by grays and boring walls. As such, my angle of our epic will most likely be filled with ennui and descriptions of my surroundings. No matter how vivid and beautiful the descriptions are sure to be, such analysis does not lend itself to properly portray our narrative, thus I entrust to you a quill and parchment for which you must write down everything that occurs from your perspective until we meet again.

Do not miss a detail or single account of dialogue, for they will all be integral not only to my request, but to perhaps finding me. Hopefully I have quizzed you extensively and helped you to memorize the numerous golden words I require of you to employ in your report of the happenings around you. Even if I have not, I shall attach a word bank of just a selection of expressions I wish you to utilize as you trek to find me. I have faith in you and the others!
Sincerely and Clairvoyantly,

~ Sir Ostentatious”

Beneath the paper I found his list, tucking them both away in my bag before returning to face Argenta. I heard the laugh of the chancellor. “How sly of you, Argenta. Even though I love you, I shall not forgive you so easily for this! I’ll return later for my payment after I visit with the criminal.” A hunger was in his voice, snickering to himself as he shut the front door behind him.

Sirocco had already left to search for Osten from the skies and Bella looked in the nearby streets. Something so different surged through me as I felt my normal reserved personality melt away. Argenta unapologetically counted her coins, her eyes wide with the dirty money’s reflection. I could not hold myself back. A wave of anger washed over me: anger against myself and at my age at the time. It was that silly age when I was too great a riddle for myself to be interested in the riddles around me; when other ponies were mere walking mirrors in which they show me my own emotions and my own worth.

“How could you do that to him?!” I demanded. “What has he done to deserve that?”
Argenta looked up from her silver. “Ow! Lower your voice!”

“Answer me!”

“Are you still on that guy? He had it coming. Don’t we all?” She said, returning to her money.

“I can guarantee he had nothing bad due for him!”

She laughed haughtily in time with the clanging of her coins. “And that’s where he has manipulated you. It always seems to happen with those with long manes. That kind of hair is only for an empty headed princess. We are all inherently evil and self serving. It is the foolish ones that try to dilute it by reasoning with themselves that they have selfless motives. Tell me, why does he matter so much to you?” I hadn’t noticed before, though her mane was crudely split along the edges and quite shorter than mine or Bella’s.
“Because…because he promises to bring light to this world and free you all! How is that self serving?”

“Are you sure he has no other goals?” She seemed so sure of something.

“Well, he is looking for his father’s killer, b-but tha—“

“Ah ha! You see? You are a pawn to help his empty search. Trust me, look inside yourself and realize that where that kind of foolish ambition ends, happiness begins. Look at me!” She said, rubbing a hoof lovingly across her bounty. “It’s done wonders for me! Cut your losses and let the profits run.”

Something twisted in my heart. That apathy I thought long since dead seemed to creep in again and accept the easy idea. My eyes began to swell with tears, though I bit them back. My gaze fell to the ground. I thought I heard him in my ear.
“W-we…we should thank those ambitions because it’s they who raise the sights of all the others…” I felt my voice break with the threat of tears.

She snorted. “You sound so monotone when you recite that. Looks like he’s brainwashed you too thoroughly for me to save.” She finished, casting a pitiful look upon me, like how one would look upon a sickly dog.

I simply shook my head. I had to avoid my submissive tendencies. Slowly I looked up, though soon I raised myself to face her, feeling the flame of Ostentatious in my heart warding off my fears. “You’re wrong! Though we may travel far, we will only meet what we carry with us, for we are all mirrors. What we do will be portrayed in those around us. Our attitudes and actions are only a reflection of our own world, as yours must be terrible. Look inside yourself and correct yourself and your world will change, I promise. Ostentatious showed me that, and since then I’ve felt his bravery in myself. I no longer feel apathetic, and that kind of light may do you some good.”

She simply laughed and held on to her position, waving her hoof in a matter of fact way. “I see his headstrong way of speaking has rubbed off you. Can’t you see that on the congested roads for those kinds of fighters, all they’ll get is death and a cheap label?”

I felt his voice again, like the pulse of my heart. “Whatever honor there is in giving up, I want no part of it.”

Argenta rolled her eyes, thought stopped. She thought for a moment, and then looked intently into me, a devilish smirk growing across her face. “That’s it! You follow him like a sheep because you have a thing for him!”

“I am not beast; I am a mare of her own free will.”

“It’s true then, and you are blinded and manipulated by his wiles.” She got off her chair and walked towards me. “Open your eyes! Love does not carry the fanciful meaning it used to. Before the darkness came I might have thought something divine of love, but now, after all this time of hearing it, it is hollow. No one knows what it is anymore. They seem something that pleases them and they say they ‘love’ it. They love the new thing in the shop or they love what you’ve done with the place. Love is only for objects and tools. Does it hurt you to hear this? Love drives you to greed and to be greedy, so I opt to eschew the process and skip to the greed.” She walked back to the table and looked over her money. “What makes you so noble?”

I thought about the idea before replying. It was an unceremonious conclusion, though I did not feel it needed anything special to it. “You know, for a while I was alone. Not because I was shunned, but of my own decision because I had no idea what I wanted. I kept to myself and the animals when I found myself not wanting the company of my fellow townsfolk. I suppose that’s because we don’t like ponies who share the same faults as we do.

“When you’re alone for so long, you take up reading. I did, and I read of the flight of eagles and the mountains high and the heroes and their happy days of picturesque love. ‘Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.’ When he showed up that morning, I had no idea what to make of it. He was naïve, but blissful. He knew his mission, and that’s all that mattered to him. I don’t fear an end or dwell on my old life when I am around him, so I guess I am smitten. It won’t harm you if I am.”

“The harm is not to me, but to you. Someone is the item when someone is loved. You’ve seen my suitor. It’s not worth it.” Her hooves slumped upon the table and stopped their work. There was a call from outside the room.

“Scattershot! Bella and I saw that they were taking Ostentatious to the big tree, though he was surrounded by guards.” Sirocco cried, walking into the room. He noticed Argenta over her table and grimaced. “You ready to go?”

“Yes, I am. I just need a second, sorry.” Sirocco obliged and returned to gather our bags with Bella.

“Have fun.” Argenta said with an ominous song like quality. “Personally, I don’t think he’s worth the trouble.”

“Is that why you felt the need to take him away from me?”
She sighed, coming to my side and raising a hoof to my shoulder. “Look, if you’re so eager to remember your colt friend, then do me a favor, and forget me. I know for sure I’m not worth the memory.” Her horn shined with unicorn’s magic, the magic attempting to take something from my mind. She channeled it to seep into my head, but I kept on talking to her.

“I’ve thought many things were not worth it, but he told me something that even to this day I’ve thought about and remembered: ‘The whole course of history may depend on a change of heart in one solitary and even humble individual – for it is in the solitary mind and soul of the individual that the battle between good and evil is waged and ultimately won or lost!’” I whipped my head away, my mane flying away from my eyes so she could see them. They were clear.

“That quote!” Her spell ended, color and light fleeting away. She pondered it, putting a hoof to her forehead. Suddenly, the money seemed to have much less of a glow to Argenta.

“It changed me, as well.” I said. “His quotes are quite powerful and uplifting, something like a miracle. You’re welcome to come along, and I wish you to not stay here. It’s far too dark and dull in here.”
Argenta paused. “I’ve made a pendant that had that same quote in it.”

There was another silence. “You must come with us. Please.”

“I will. I was thinking about staying here and mulling it over and showering, but I figure I’ll eventually want to see this colt anyway, so I’ll skip the sulking. I’ve got to see your coltfriend about that pendant, however I’ll warn you now that I’m doing this for my own means.” I didn’t respond and only acknowledged her companionship with a smile. Once in the shed, we all spotted Argenta’s cart and all had the same idea. You were right Osten: those magical strings of words are what strike certain emotions and cords within ponykind and cause actions where they may not have occurred otherwise.

***

The wheels of the cart began to turn again as Argenta moved out of the shed. Tucked under the tarp again, Bella, Sirocco, and I waited as the town went by. It was noisy all around us, though I kept busy writing the previous conversation down and soon catching up to the present. After that, I could only think of what Osten might want me to right. Umm…ugh, probably not just “um”s and “uh”s. Ah, I know! Argenta had assured us that she knew how to get us into the tree. It seemed odd that for one who was so worried about manipulation, she was sure confident in her ability to manipulate.

No, I just used “manipulate”. Hmmm. I looked through the list Osten had left for me, quill held awkwardly in my teeth as I scrawled away while looking through the list. Should I write every word I read, or…or just the ones I thought to use? This was so confusing. I’m definitely not ready to be a writer. “Beguile” might work, but so could “bemuse”. No, I think…wait, what does “sesquipedalian” mean? Why didn’t he give me any definitions...?
It seemed odd that for one who was so worried about manipulation, she was sure confident in her ability to beguile. I’ll play it safe with the word list. I sighed. What else do I describe now? It’s too dark to see what Sirocco and Bella are doing. I can barely read what I’m writing. I need to pause and save ink for when we get to the tr—

“You okay, Scattershot?” Bella asked, cutting off my stream of conscious with something coherent for me to write.

I let the quill drop from my mouth to catch my breath and respond. But if I dropped the quill, I couldn’t write! “I’m fine.” I mustered, though a bit overworked, quickly realizing my mistake and furiously capturing the past moment before I forgot it.

“If you’re overworked, why didn’t you tell me?” I probably shouldn’t write my inner thoughts, especially when she was peering over my shoulder as I—

She put her hoof on my head to pause my frantic scribbles. “What ‘cha working on?”

Against my better judgment, I let the pen fall from my mouth again to speak. “Osten told me to write down everything that happens while he is gone, though it’s more difficult than I thought.” She let me go and I quickly scribbled what happened since she stopped me.

“I can tell.” She said with a giggle and a smile. “You want me to take takeover for you? I can write pretty quickly.”

***

That’s better. Scattershot’s too kind for her own good.

“You sure you want to do this? I don’t want to trouble you with thi—“ I put a hoof to her mouth and pointed to the bed of the cart. She needed some rest and to calm herself. We were all a little worried since Ostentatious was gone, but hey! He’s been through worse. Reluctantly, Scattershot finally rested her sore jaw and closed her eyes. It was only morning and we were already pooped.

Sirocco didn’t budge while Scattershot and I talked. He was pooped as well from all the flying he did. I liked the ride, even though I should feel bad for Argenta having to pull us, but it seemed like just desserts for her anyway. That’s right, we hadn’t eaten all day. Oh well! I still smiled on and held on to it as best as I could. We weren’t in a bad spot anyway! It was an adventure for us, and Osten was probably already escaping from wherever he was already and leaping into action. He was probably smiling too.

Creek! Creak! The cart stopped. Deep and scary voices were raised and began to talk with Argenta. “What business do you have here, pony?” The monster grumbled in his best monster voice.

“Who, little old me?” Argenta asked, definitely playing coy to lull the guards into a false sense of security, but they were tricky monsters! They weren’t going to fall for her convincing act so easily. It was the first monster’s last day before retirement, and the other monster was a fresh young recruit ready to do monster things and live up to monster expectations. “I’m here to see my snooty boyfriend, Chancellor…whatever.” I couldn’t remember his name and she said it too fast.

“You could at least shower before asking for an audience.” Grumbled the monster with another fearsome grumble, most likely the grumble champion of monsters. He roared in a monstrous way like none I’d ever heard of. I don’t hang around with monsters, but that roar must have been really big.

“He urged me to come over in my natural beauty, as he so fondly describes it. We are such big lovers and he wants to take me on a romantic love date, so I came over as fast as I could.” She said, deeply in love for sure. The guard almost fell for it!

“What’s in the cart?” Grumbled the younger voice. He could be a contender, I believed, for a grumbler title, but not in the same league as the big guy.

“It’s my coltfriend’s dirty laundry, of course! I did it for him and now I’m bringing it back.”

The guards nodded to each other. “Well, he does have dirty laundry. We’ll let you in now.”

Then something really crazy happened. Before the monsters could let us in, Argenta began to recite something: “Be the green grass above me with showers and dew drops wet; and if thou wilt, remember, and if thou wilt, forget!” A flash came out of her horn and blinded the guards. They fell back, rubbing their eyes like mad. Wicked screams broke out from the monsters as Argenta pulled us along. Sirocco shot up from the sound of the cries.

“You okay Bella?” He asked, wondering why I was moaning. For some reason my eyes felt like they were on the sun. I don’t think I had my head that far out of the side of the cart when she used the spell. When I could finally see, I searched my brain for what happened, but it was empty! I hadn’t been writing down what was happening! Scattershot was gonna’ kill me! I picked the quill up in my teeth and began to write, hopefully getting at least some things right. I may have messed up some talking parts, so I gave it to Sirocco to read over.

After a moment, he spoke. “No one said any of this, Bella.”

“What? Are you sure?”

“Did you just forget what happened?”

“Maybe…But Argenta used a spell and I forgot! Isn’t that how she got passed the guards?”

“Wait, how do you remember the spell if you lost your memory?” Sirocco asked.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my brain hurt too much already. I was pooped now. “Ughh, you take over!” I said, pushing the paper and quill to Sirocco.

“Huh? Sure, why not? I’ll leave your dialogue though. It was a lot more interesting than what she really said.”

“What did she say?”

“Huh?” He paused. “Uhh…I don’t remember. It must have been really boring and I was half asleep anyway. Here, give me the quill.”

***

This was harder than it looked. I guess a horn really comes in handy when all you’ve got for a grip is your teeth. I disregarded the fact that Scattershot and Bella both had their mouth all over the quill and scribbled a bit of whatever I saw. Nothing much around here, especially in the darkness.

“Don’t forget to use some of these words.” Scattershot whispered, sliding me a piece of paper filled with words I could barely wrap my head around. Ostentatious sure must be bored a lot to get all these things down. I bet half of them were not even words. What kind of jibberish was “saxicolous”? I slid the list back to Scattershot.

The mask Argenta gave me was starting to feel tight. Bella seemed so against it, but I don’t know why. I know who I am, so what’s the problem of wearing the mask to get through the city? She acts like if I wear the mask enough I’ll become a girl or something crazy like that. Same thing with Scattershot: they both seem on edge for some reason. Ostentatious was probably going through the tree right now looking for us or for whatever he was looking for.

This whole adventure was still kind of a blur. I guess we were on it to save the world and destroy evil, but that’s incredibly vague. He seemed so confident for his age. Especially if he is really from Equestria, he must not have any idea what this world is. Bella and I knew, and we knew the feeling of our lives just stopping. I’ve heard you’re supposed to get stronger and wiser with age, but I’m not interested in age. Ponies who tell me their age are stupid. You’re only as old as you feel. I feel good, so I guess I’m still young, right?

I thought back to before the sky wasn’t black. When we were still remembered and still a part of Equestria, but the memories were hazy. Wow, I didn’t even remember my cutie mark. I guess your true age is measured by your memory. I should write faster.

The cart finally stopped and Argenta removed the tarp from over us. “Time to go, kiddies.” Her age was up to speculation, especially since the dirt from this morning was still caked in her mane. Give her credit, though: she had a lot of stamina. We followed her. I raised myself up with my wings, quill still in my mouth and paper close by. We had traveled down a corridor to a series of steps. Atop the steps I spotted a door and I flew to it. I scribbled my flight on the paper pressed against the stony wall, though Argenta was saying something I couldn’t quite hear.

Reaching for the door, I heard the rumbling of something on the other side. The huge doors swung open, knocking me back and revealing dozens of faces. The faces of stallions no less. One of them called for the others to follow, all of them barreling out of the doorway. I escaped their stampede with the others and watched the racing ponies go towards the light of the corridor’s entrance. Many colors and brave expressions galloped past us, though none that we could tell was Ostentatious. The last stallion ran by, though I felt a tug on my jaw. Something was trying to get the quill from my teeth.

***

“Verily so I escaped and not a moment too soon! It was quite cramped.” I lifted the quill from Sirocco and placed it behind my ear, my magic proving its usefulness yet again. My dear friends seemed well and in good health, though that temptress Argenta for some unknown reason joined their ranks. Scattershot ran to me with relief and a smile, Sirocco and Bella following suit. “What did I miss? I trust you wrote down what I asked of you, Scattershot?”

“Oh of course! We all took turns with the quill.” A confidence met her well and brightened her countenance.

“Yeah!” Bella chirped. “We were all sure to get everything down exactly how it happened!”

“Well I didn’t have much to say on my bit.” Defended Sirocco.

Argenta did not speak. It should be so, as I may have revolted to hear that harpy’s voice speak its foul rhapsody.

“Please all spread peace among yourselves. We shall all reconvene for more catching up, but I need you three to assist my fellow comrades in their rebellion. Watch them and aid them in taking back this city!” I raised a hoof to dramatically punctuate my request, though Scattershot was reserved.

“Huh? Why don’t we go with you?” She asked meekly, though the question gained a firmer ground as relief washed over her tone.

“Trust me, I’ll be fine. I found you all, didn’t I?” I said, inspiring confidence in them no doubt. “These freedom fighters need all the help they can get, and I have a duel waiting for me at the summit of this mighty tree.”

“Just…be careful!” She twitched a bit as it seemed like she was leaning in towards me, though she recoiled and turned herself away, following Bella and Sirocco to the rebellion outside. Scattershot must have suffered some sort of trauma I would suspect while I was gone. Oh well, she was of an age to work it out and she probably just needed a rest.

“Go on!” I called to them as they galloped off into the fray. “Whatever honor there is in giving up, have no part in it!”

They ran to the light and departed, though one pony shared the solitude of the enormous room with me: Argenta. She cantered up the stairs and we exchanged a prolonged stare. Definitely a stare of intense inner thoughts and turmoil, as if to say she respected me as her better, yet she was too proud to admit it.

“I’m going with you. You are arrogant and have unwarranted self importance, but I have a bone to pick with a stallion that overshadows you completely in those departments. Like I told your fillyfriend, I’m here for myself and for my own selfish revenge.”

“What?! I have no such relationship! What pony could you have possibly misconstrued as my soul mate?” I was flabbergasted she would use such a term. I was far too busy for that kind of commitment.

“Play the fool all you like, though we both have a similar goal here.” Our stare went on, though I eventually broke it with a friendly smile. She was correct, after all.

“We’ll engage the fiend above as soon as I scribe my encounters with my comrades in the prison. My photographic memory grants me a precision untold, so offer me a few minutes to write.”

Argenta leaned against a wall and sighed. “Go ahead. It’s not like I’ve got anywhere to be or anything.”

As my quill hit paper, a deafening siren went off throughout the wooden castle. I wrote faster.

***

Grayness met me in all direction, as I predicted. I had awoken in a daze, raising myself up to find my legs bound and shackled to the floor. Movement restricted, I perused the surrounding area: barely a window to the outside world hung what seemed like miles above my prison. Torches burned around the ceiling and many figures were illuminated by the light. Shadows cast themselves wherever the dim light above could not reach, all limp and without vigor. Some were bound together, some isolated.

A barred and guarded door to freedom glistened across the room, yet no one watched with me. No one stirred nor plotted nor planned. Dimness bit down on them all and sapped them of resolve. My fellow prisoners knew not a sense of determination, all waiting for perhaps the day they would miraculously be set free. I would have to forge such hopes. I tapped the sleeping body beside me.

“Wake up, friend!” I whispered with urgency. “What have you all planned to escape this domain?”

The pony did not stir. I tapped him again, this time with greater feeling.

“Awaken!”

“An awakening we could all use, but you think I could sleep in here?” The pony finally let out, hiding his face in the shadows.

“If you are not in sleep, then rally the others with me and we can escape!”

“I don’t feel like it… I can’t.”

“You can!” I returned.

“No, I cannot. These chains are of a magical purpose designed to suck the hope from your bones. Even now you must be feeling their grip.” He let out a heavy sigh and turned to face me.

The face drooped with gloom. The once vibrant hues of yellow and blue now waivered amid the steel tethers of the prison. Even his horn was limp and could not act to free us.

“Is it you, Thunder Beef?” I asked.

“Aye, it is me, but only a shell and a skin. I just don’t have the will to get up. It’s too hard…”

“You’re speaking from the depression! Reach into the heart and find a fire!”

“All these words and yet my brain won’t think for me.” He paused, taking a deep and prolonged breath. “Do I know you?”

I tried to speak, yet something in my jaw was slowed and lax. The magic once prominent in me began to dwindle away. Thankfully I had plenty to spare, yet even my reserves threatened my livelihood with emptiness.

“Get up, my friend! You must believe in me!” I looked around to them all, raising my voice to the lifeless ponies. “You must all believe! It is the very spirit which ignites true movements and power! You must believe! You must all believe! If you can, then I may tap into your collective whimsy and summon a force to free us all!”

Thunder Beef took another long and dreary inhalation before responding. “Hmm?”

It was of no avail. I needed Thunder Beef to recall life, otherwise my rebellion may fall on deaf ears. With a final portion of my resolve, I leaned into him, channeling within him life and light and new blood for his heart. He blinked for a moment as the spell washed over his body, but it took form and his eyes widened. Shooting to his hooves, he shot me a triumphant grin.

“I feel it! I do believe!” He looked to the others, shaking those around him and rallying with his voice the rest. “You must all rise up and—“ He noticed I had fallen to a knee, the fatigue of the chains turning into my oppressor. With his new vigor he slashed the chains of him and me away in a magnificent stream of light. He put a reassuring hoof to my back, the other raised in passion to the rest of the prison.

“Heed my word! This stallion speaks of world without the chancellor! He will rise up as our emperor and guide us into a new world of light and sunshine! I believe!”

There. The power I felt in his belief surged through me, albeit a small supply. I would need more power to rise to my full potential. By the guidance of my father and his own wisdom, I drew from the very depths and chasms of my mind and mustered the only weapon I knew powerful enough to destroy this prison.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor.” I said to Thunder Beef, rising to my hooves. “That’s not my business here.” I winced through the pain and stiffness, erecting myself to the room.

“I don’t want to rule or conquer anypony. I should like to help everypony, if possible. We all want to help one another; ponies are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. In this world, there is room for everypony and Equestria is rich and abundant. The way of life can be beautiful, but we have lost the way.

“Greed has poisoned ponies’ souls. It has barricaded the world with hate and lust. Our inventions which foster abundance now leave us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness is hard and unkind. More than advancements we need kindness. More than cleverness we need friendship. Without these qualities, life would be violent and all would be lost. Our magic and speed and flight have brought us closer together; the very nature of these inherent gifts cries out for the goodness of ponies. We can write and speak and emote. Even now my words are reaching millions of individuals across the world.

“Individuals marred by despair. Victims of a system that makes one torture and imprisons the innocent. To those who understand me, do not despair! The misery that is upon us is but the passing of greed and the bitterness of demons that fear progress. Hate will pass and dictators will die. The power stolen from us will return to us! So long as tyrants die, liberty will never perish.

“My friends! Don’t give yourselves to brutes! Brutes who manipulate you and regiment you. Tell you what to do, what to think, what to feel! Do not become the machine! A machine of machine hearts and machine minds! You are not machine, you are a breathing creature with the blessing of goodness coursing through you. You don’t hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural hate.

“My friends, don’t fight for slavery or revenge! Fight for liberty! In the seventh ‘Book of the Stars’ it is written: ‘The kingdom of Equestria is in the hearts of all creatures’. Neither one creature nor a group of them! It is in us all! You have the power! The power to create hope and to create happiness! The power to make this life free and beautiful and to make this life a wonderful adventure! Then in the name of Equestria, let us all use that power! Let us all unite!

“Let us fight for a new world…a decent world. A world that will give anypony a chance to work. Youth will own the future and old age will be a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power! But they lie; they do not fulfill their promises, and they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the rest! Now let us fight to fulfill those promises! Let us fight to free this world and do away with barriers and greed! Let us fight for a world of reason; where our progress will lead to the happiness of all.

“Comrades, in the name of Equestria, let us all unite!”

All bodies had risen to meet me. Cheers and cries broke out of them all. Our new world was in our grasp. Energy ripped the chains from the floor and the prison door from its hinges, all our spirits pouring out into the halls. Guards ran and hid and could not oppose us. We were an unstoppable force.

***********************

Any comments or inquiries or suggestions can be sent to:
sirostentatious@gmail.com