• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 2,434 Views, 46 Comments

The Baltimare Incident - Powerdrainer



Follow Soarin and other ponies as they go through a life changing event that will shape not just them, but the entire world as well. This is a crossover with the show Danny Phantom.

  • ...
8
 46
 2,434

First contact.

I would like to thank Vates Despero for his help with this chapter. His help is greatly appreciated, as he pointed out many flaws, and gave useful tips to help fix this chapter.

First Contact.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Now leave my town alone!" a trio of voices shouted simultaneously as Danny, and his two duplicates, stood before the prone Pariah Dark, seeing him struggle to push himself up, raising his head to meet the eyes of the human ghosts standing before him. While Danny and his duplicates raised the large fist of their Ecto-skeleton, and they delivered a bone crushing downward strike with a loud WHAM!

The ghost king's head slammed into the floor, bouncing hard and causing his hold on the city to slip momentarily, and the dark green void Amity Park found itself in faded back to the blue of their sky, before the Ghost Zone's ghastly shades of green reasserted themselves around the beleaguered city.

Pulling himself up, Pariah gave the three Dannys a death glare, before he flew up and landed on his feet. Holding his mace tightly in his hands, a glowing red surrounding the ancient weapon. Shooting a beam of malevolent red energy at them, he managed to hit one of the Dannys, causing him to vanish in a burst of energy.

"Surrender child. You can not possibly win," he said with an evil smile.

"I don't have to win!" Danny said defiantly, and the mechanized hands of his battle armor glowed an icy blue, and twin bands of energy crossing in an X surrounded them. Shooting at the wall in the back of the king's ancient castle, he exposed the sarcophagus hidden behind it.

"I just have to make sure that you lose!" Danny yelled defiantly, his hands smoking from the energy spent, while the other him flew towards the sarcophagus, opening it.

Pariah stepped back in shock as he saw the instrument of his imprisonment, his mouth open in a silent scream. The Danny standing next to the sarcophagus lifted his hand. Pointing a single finger at the king, he shot a tiny beam of energy at him, knocking off the Crown of Fire, depriving him of its power. The crown flew into the waiting hands of the other Danny, who looked at it with a shadow over his eyes, a victorious smirk on his face.

"NOOOO!" Pariah yelled, and Danny threw away the crown and used his armor thrusters to shoot forwards. Hitting Pariah in the back, he pushed him towards the sarcophagus, using everything he had. With the thrusters in overdrive, Danny shot forwards, hurling Pariah Dark into the sarcophagus while his duplicate slammed the sarcophagus shut. The two joined together again while Danny held onto the king's prison, making sure he wouldn't break free while it was putting him back into his eternal sleep.

A bright flash surrounded Danny, and twin rings of glowing blue crossing in an X surrounded him, before expanding outwards in the blink of an eye, surrounding the entire city of Amity Park. Sweat poured down his face as he held onto the sarcophagus, watching with a worried expression as the suit's energy meter dwindled rapidly. Energy drawn from him. Pariah bellowed in rage as he struggled to break free, and Danny closed his eyes and gritted his teeth as he poured the last of his strength into this final effort, hoping it was enough.

The world went dark, and Danny slid down to the floor as Vlad Plasmius inserted the key into the sarcophagus' lock, sealing the king inside.

Another burst of energy surrounded the sarcophagus as Pariah let out his last screams of defeat, and all of Amity Park finally returned to its proper place on Earth as the king's hold over the reality shift vanished. However, at the threshold between the living world and the Ghost Zone floated a single door. A door that had drifted there at random, and was caught in the transition from one reality to another.

The door, long forgotten among the literally countless numbers of floating doors found in the zone, was torn into pieces, and a massive burst of energy detonated from it as it was forcefully moved into the world of the living. It was a wild energy, something that was powerful enough to break through the layers of reality that separated worlds. And now it was running wild. It spiraled and looped through the world, trying to reassert itself and continue its task of leading from one world to the other.

And, as Amity Park finally stabilized its existence on Earth, the wild energy also found a foothold, right in the center of the city.

A burst of light erupted from the location, and the few humans there screamed in fear as they ran away from the rippling air. A massive ripple in the fabric of reality moved over the Earth as electrical sparks shot out of the center of the forming tear in reality, and the sound of a vacuum in reverse echoed throughout the streets. A couple of brave, or, more likely, foolish people stood there gawking, watching the air open up before them, and another world revealed itself to them. A world full of panicking ponies.

<<>><<>><<>>

Trottingham, it was a large bustling city. Home to many ponies, some griffons, even a few minotaurs and the other rarer creatures found in the magical world of Equestria. Ponies walked through the streets, giving a kind word to their fellow pony as they went on their way. Shops and stalls were found all around in the busy streets, and more than one passerby stopped to take a look. Others were running around in a hurry, running late for an important appointment or something else equally urgent. Muttering some complaints under their labored breath as they were forced to dodge around the more laid back ponies in their path.

Griffons and pegasi flew overhead, some carrying mail bags as they delivered the residents' mail or packages, while others just flew around the tall buildings, enjoying the sights. Younger ponies and griffons were also in the mix, and they were weighted down by their saddle bags, or other means of carrying all those heavy schoolbooks they were told they needed, but weren't so sure about themselves. Laughter sounded from several of the groups of ponies and griffons packed together as they shared their plans on what to do now that they were free of their school obligations.

All of them were busy doing their thing. And all of it would come to a grinding halt when the unexpected happened.

In the center of one of the more busy market streets a spark of lightning shot out of empty air, scorching the side of a building, while all of those present looked between the black mark and the spot it came from in confusion and fright.

Another lightning bolt came out of thin air, and another. All of those present were now panicking in the streets as they tried to flee to safety, not wanting to get hit by this unexplained freak lightning storm.

With the sound of a vacuum sucking in reverse, a tear started to form in the fabric of reality itself, adding to the panic and fear they already felt, and causing a lot of ponies to run over each other as a strange alien world opened up to them. A city could be seen through the tear. A city that seemed severely damaged, and where the green skeletons of unknown creatures littered the streets.

There were other creatures as well, very much alive, and looking at the tear with wide open mouths. One of them, though, did something that would inspire others to follow its lead. It stepped through.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Cosmo, what on Earth do you think you're doing!?" a red haired woman shouted after the man who was moving towards the tear, panic and anger clear on her face.

"Ahh, Wanda. Don't worry. I'm only looking," he answered without a care, and he stepped through the hole in reality and into the realm of Equestria, "Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Don't get me started," she grunted as she crossed her arms.

The careless man stepped through the shimmering tear, looking around with awe and wonder, but not a moment of hesitation, fear, or second guessing himself. The ponies, and the few griffons and a single minotaur, that remained after the tear formed, however, looked at the strange alien with either fear, in case of the ponies, or a mixture of curiosity and apprehension in case of the griffons and minotaur. They stayed in hiding everywhere they could, however, as they didn't want to interact with anything that was capable of doing… whatever it was that had just happened.

"Hey, that guy just went through!" someone shouted while pointing at Cosmo, before following the man through the hole himself. Followed shortly thereafter by several more men and women. Wanda, meanwhile, facepalmed hard enough to leave a red mark on her face, making her groan as she now had to deal with the throbbing pain that it caused on top of the rampant stupidity.

"Idiots. They're all idiots," she muttered under her breath as she, too, followed her husband. Not because she thought it would be a good idea to step through this thing, but to make sure he wouldn’t get into trouble… Something she already knew was just wishful thinking. Wherever Cosmo got involved, trouble would soon follow.

Sighing explosively, she stepped through the shimmering tear in reality, absentmindedly taking note that she didn’t feel anything when she stepped through, but mostly just ignoring it as she was more focused on her idiot husband.

And there she was, along with her partner and a group of other people that either thought it wise to step through, or those who found themselves in a similar situation as herself. And, together, the lot of them looked around in wonder and surprise as they took in the strange, yet familiar sight of a city so similar to their own, slowly spreading out through the street as they did so.

“Wow," someone said, amazed, “Where are we? Who build this?”

“Was it ghosts?” a woman asked, frightened.

“I don’t know, but look at that," yet another said after several tense minutes, pointing at a large statue near them.

“Is that an unicorn?”

“No, it has wings too.”

“Maybe it's a wingycorn!” Cosmo offered happily, earning him several stares while others continued with their exploration of the strange city.

The sound of something falling over drew their attention away from Cosmo and towards the young pony that had fallen out of cover.

“What is that?”

“Is it a horse, like a small one?”

“You mean a pony, or something?”

“Yeah, that.”

“I guess.”

“Look, it's running away!”

“Is it someone’s pet?”

“How should I know?”

“Maybe you can google it?”

“Hey yeah, that might work," one man replied, and he pulled out his phone to access the internet.

"Hey, I've got no connection!" he shouted a moment later, causing others to pull out their phones as well to try themselves.

"Me neither!" another called out after her own phone failed to connect.

"Does anyone have a signal?!"

"It doesn't look like it. Maybe if we move ba—" someone else replied, only to be cut off by the sound of a vacuum sucking, and they all turned to look at the tear they had come through, seeing it close.

Panic settled in, and they all began to shove and push one another as they tried to go back through the hole in reality, only to fail.

There they were, a group of humans stranded on a world not their own. Trapped with no idea where they were, what to do, or if there were ghost here. And, most importantly. Where were the people that had built this city. Certainly there had to be someone there, and maybe they could help them, they hoped.

The sound of wings flapping could be heard, and they all turned to look and see what it was. None of them expected to see the sight that awaited them. Flying high above them, wearing shining armor while holding spears and swords in their hooves, were horses.

<<>><<>><<>>

Half an hour earlier.

Celestia and Twilight were sitting in a private room, chatting idly with one another. It had been a while since the last time they were able to just sit down and talk, as most of Celestia's time was spend with either teaching the young purple pony, or her various royal duties.

But for now they had the chance to just chat, as friends. Something Twilight had a hard time with, as the concept of friends was somewhat difficult for her. For her to 'cut loose', as Celestia told her to do, was a difficult thing indeed. Something she couldn't find in her books. And she tried, Celestia knew she tried. Literally.

But now they were just talking. Celestia was happily talking about anything and nothing, just enjoying her time with the growing mare. While Twilight, always eager to learn, and not fully understanding the concept of a friendly chat, shot question after question about anything that she could think of. And that was a lot, as Celestia soon discovered. But she didn’t mind one bit, and she happily answered any question her student had with a smile on her face, finding the dedicated drive she showed a wonderful source of amusement.

But their moment was cut short when, in a burst of dark orange fire, a scroll materialized before Celestia, and gravity pulled it down before she grasped it in her magic; gasping as she recognized the dragonfire as that of the emergency communication system she had established in each city. A small bottle of dragon’s fire, given in small amounts to each major settlement, and to be used only in the most dire of emergencies.

"Princess, what is it?" Twilight asked, curious.

"Something troubling, Twilight," Celestia answered as she unrolled the scroll, "This letter was sent to me through the emergency dragonfire system. No pony would do such a thing unless it was absolutely necessary," she told her young student before reading the letter.

Her eyes widened as she read the contents of the short and hastily written note, and she stood up in a flurry of movement, startling Twilight as she did so.

“Guards!” she called out, and the two guard ponies standing outside the door hurried inside.

“Your majesty, what is it?” they replied with a bow.

“Bring acting Captain Shining Armor here, right now!” she ordered, knowing Captain Sharpened Edge was currently unavailable due to a severe case of horn rot.

The two guards obeyed with a salute, turning and leaving the room with haste.

“Princess, what is going on?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“I have just received an emergency message from Trottingham. There has been a disturbing development, and what appears to be a portal of sorts has opened," she answered without a thought. "And, if the note is to be believed, an unknown force has already started to move in.”

Twilight gasped in shock at the news, a frightened look on her face, and Celestia mentally kicked herself for saying such a thing to the young pony, and she quickly reassured the young mare.

“Oh, don't worry, Twilight. I do not know what to believe about this myself, and it might very well be nothing," she said, 'But they wouldn’t send this through the way they did if it wasn’t serious.' she finished in the safety of her own head.

Both of them turned to look at the door when the sound of galloping made its way down the hallway and through the still open doors.

“Your highness," Shining Armor called out with a salute as he came to a stop before his monarch, “You summoned me.”

"BBBFF!" Twilight called out happily, and she hug tackled her big brother, who had a brief look of bewilderment, before a small smile found its way onto his face.

Celestia, although concerned about the urgent matter the letter raised, couldn't help but to smile herself as she saw the young pony firmly attached to the royal guard's captain. Who, himself, had a hard time not breaking character and remaining professional.

"Twily," Shining Armor said as he used his magic to pry the aforementioned pony off of him, "You know you can't do this while I am on duty, remember?"

Twilight's eyes widened in shock as he said that, finally realizing what she had done, and who else was there as well.

"I'm sorry," she said as she started to panic, looking at both her brother and the Princess.

"It is alright, Twilight. But right now I must discuss some important matters with your brother. So, if you would be so kind as to go back to your room. I'm sure Spike would be happy to see you again."

Nodding furiously, and then running away while tripping over her own legs several times, Twilight hastened out of the room, leaving the two adults alone behind her.

"Ahum. Sorry, ma'am," Shining Armor apologized, "You summoned me?"

“I did, Captain. I have received an emergency message from Trottingham, and it would seem an unknown force has entered the city through means of a portal. We must send in the guards at once, and we have no time to waste. Mobilize all able bodies, and gather them out in the courtyard. I will then use a mass teleportation spell to send everypony to the city.”

“Ma’am," he replied with a crisp salute, before turning around and galloping towards the guard's barracks to mobilize the guards.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Are you guys seeing what I am seeing?" one of the people in the crowd asked as they looked up at the flying horses.

"If by that you mean small horses flying while wearing armor and such, then yes," came the answer.

“Oh, good. For a moment I thought I smoked something weird."

"Yeah. Just watch out for the magical unicorns, then you know you’ve had enough," Cosmo said in light humor, and a flash of light blinded them all.

Looking down below the flying horses, on the ground before them, they saw rows and rows of yet more horses. All wearing armor and weapons, and a lot of them had horns.

“You just had to open your mouth, didn’t you?" Wanda groaned as she slapped her husband on the back of the head.

"Well, yes. How else am I supposed to talk?" he answered in return, completely oblivious, and Wanda could only stare at him with an absolutely bewildered expression, before slapping her hand against her face, hard, really, really hard, and all the humans, and even some of the small horses flinched in response.

“Cosmo, you idiot," she groaned in annoyance and pain, dragging her hand down, revealing a bright red mark on her face.

He was about to reply, most likely making his wife groan in even greater irritation, but he was silenced when one of the small armored horses stepped forward and started to talk.

"You... beings. You are all under arrest for trespassing and invading this city. Come quietly, and nopony gets hurt," the small horse said in an authoritative male voice.

"Wait, did that horsey talk?"

"Did it just call us ponies, or something?"

"Who cares about that?! They're pointing those spears at us."

"Are you serious, we have nothing to defend ourselves with."

"Well, I'm not going down without a fight!" one particularly angry man called out.

"Neither am I."

"Let's show these horses who's boss!"

And with a battle cry, the humans prepared for the coming fight.

****

"Are you serious, we have nothing to defend ourselves with."

That drew Shining Armor's attention, and he took a good long look at the creatures before him. Their long, slender build. Two legs, which indicated they wouldn't be as fast as them. No claws or fangs to speak of, and only those glowing devices in their stubby claws.

"Well, I'm not going down without a fight!" one particularly angry creature called out.

"Neither am I."

"Let's show these horses who's boss!"

It was clear to Shining Armor that the situation was escalating, and that a messy fight would be inevitable if he didn't act soon. It was obvious that this group of individuals were of an unknown origin, which meant this was, most likely, a first contact scenario. Something that had not happened since the days of old, when the ancient ponies came in contact with the Diamond Dogs who, living underground, had gone unnoticed for many millennia, until after the events of Nightmare Moon, which forced them out of hiding. Knowing full well that any aggression towards these creatures could be misinterpreted, yet with an order to contain the situation, Shining Armor was left with few options.

Clearly the creatures were agitated, and his guards were partially responsible for that. But, they needed to act. He just hoped things wouldn't spiral out of control.

"Yeeaahh!" the majority of the alien group yelled as they prepared for a fight, and the guards did the same. Raising their spears and swords, while the horns of the unicorns started to glow in many bright colors, and the pegasi started to circle the small band of aliens.

"Guards, only fight them if you have to! Try to incapacitate them, but don't severely injure them," Shining Armor ordered.

The guards aimed their spears and lifted their swords, but didn't move in any other way. The unicorns charged their horns with shield spells, so they could deflect whatever these creatures could throw at them, and they waited for what would happen next.

The creatures, seeing the guards ready their weapons, do something with their horns, and completely missing the order given by their leader in the ensuing chaos, took this as an act of aggression towards them, and they acted before the guard could strike first.

The guards, however, merely blocked the crude attacks, which only seemed to make the creatures more agitated, as they felt more threatened by their stoic, and from their point of view, taunting stance. And, just like any wild animal that found itself trapped, the creatures began to fight the guards with everything they had.

<<>><<>><<>>

Soarin slowed down his flight, drifting on the wind as he angled his flight path towards the distant building before him that housed the tear found in this city. He, like all other ponies in the service, knew what happened during, and after, the fight that had occurred between the humans and the guards. Mainly, a mess. To call it anything else would have been a lie.

The humans, stranded in a world they didn't understand, feeling threatened by a force that didn't know a thing about them. The humans, of course, had no way to defend themselves. But when they saw the guards prepare for, what they believed to be an attack, the humans tore apart and took whatever they could find to use as a weapon.

There was also the issue of the humans 'glowing devices' they held in their 'stubby claws'. The guards, never having seen these things before, and not knowing what they were used for, had to assume they could potentially be used as a weapon. Of course, these days, they knew better.

Long distance, multifunctional communication devices. Something that was unheard of before the humans arrived in their world, and something that many still had a hard time understanding. But back then, before anypony knew about the humans and the technology they'd created, the guards saw, and acted accordingly, towards a potential threat they knew nothing about.

The humans fought back, of course. Who wouldn't? But without any way to defend themselves, despite the crude weapons they made from anything they could find, they were quickly stopped and captured. It took less than an hour, and, with the exception of a few cuts and bruises, there were no injuries to be reported, on the guards side.

The humans, however, weren't so lucky. True, the guard were ordered to keep any injuries to a minimum. But with the wild, uncoordinated, messy fight the humans threw at them, some injuries were unavoidable.

Most of them had multiple bruises, some scratches, or a small cut here and there. But a small group of the more aggressive humans ended up with a few more serious injuries. Nothing life threatening, but enough to stop them. A well placed buck against a pair of legs resulting in broken bones. Or the flat end of a sword slamming against the back of some human's head, knocking him out, and giving him an concussion. A few cracked ribs, and a few shallow cuts on their arms and legs. The very worst of the injuries were one woman who ended up with three broken bones in her right hand and a severe concussion resulting in a six day coma.

The guards overpowered the humans in less than an hour, and captured them for interrogation. A couple of medics tended to the injured. But without any knowledge about human anatomy, the best they could do was bandages and simple splints.

And, after all was said and done, the guards helped to restore order in the city.

Guards were stationed around the point of entry. Placed there to help restore the peace, and help out any of the civilians if needed. They talked and joked with each other about the strange creatures they'd stopped, and how incredibly weak they were. And, most surprisingly, how they didn't use any magic against them.

But they were quickly silenced when, with a flash of light and the sound of a vacuum in reverse, a tear opened in the air, showing a world never seen before, and a large army ready to step through.

This time the strange and weak creatures that came through proved to be anything but defenceless. The soldiers of the other world crossed the tear without any hesitation, and they were quick to secure a perimeter, while even more of them came through. Then, the machines came. Large green vehicles, each with a long, narrow cannon on the front, seemingly weighing many tons, and stopping for no pony at all. The humans, clad in an armor that was much stronger and lighter than any of the armor the guards had, quickly captured and secured all the guard ponies stationed near the tear, keeping injuries to a minimum, while relieving the ponies of any weapons they might have.

The glowing horns were something they weren't expecting, or what the ponies could do with them. So, in order to neutralize the potential threat, each of the unicorns were knocked out by a swift blow to the back of their heads.

It was over in no time at all, and things did seem to go swiftly for the humans, when, after only twenty minutes or so, a flash of light and the sound of a vacuum's suction brought their attention to the rip in reality; seeing the way home closing, leaving a part of the military back on Earth. Those who were now stuck on the other side, however, prepared for anything that might happen. They knew the portal reopened before, and they hoped it would do so again. In the meantime, they had to get their people back. So, despite being cut off from their main forces, they continued securing the perimeter, and neutralizing any of the small horse like creatures wearing armor of sorts who might pose a threat.

So, there they were. Humans captured by ponies, and ponies captured by humans. And it was clear from the power displayed while securing their bridgehead that any fight would be long, and devastating. So, a more peaceful solution had to be found, and Princess Celestia went to negotiate the release of her ponies, in exchange for the return their own advance force.

Things didn't go as they expected.

<<>><<>><<>>

"Hold it right there!" the officer in command of the advance team said as he, along with the soldiers by his side, aimed their weapons at the approaching figure. They immediately saw this creature was larger than the other horses, ponies, whatever. Sporting both a horn and wings, and a set of regalia to boot. It was obvious this creature, snow white, with a multi colored mane and tail that waved in an unfelt breeze, was the leader of the enemy force, and the soldiers wouldn't let her get too close.

"That will be close enough!" the human commander said, and the larger pony complied.

"I am here to negotiate the end of all this hostility, and the release of my ponies in return for your own," the large white pony said as she stopped her advance, her voice making it clear to the humans they were dealing with a woman.

The officer looked at the female before him for a long, tense minute, before relaxing his stance a bit, though not enough to be caught unaware should she try something.

"I'm listening."

"I propose an exchange of my ponies for your… mans and womans. And that you call off any invasion that you might have planned," the female pony said, using those unfamiliar words.

"Invasion? What are you talking about?" the commander asked, confused.

"What do you mean? Your kind invaded this city, and we responded to your threat," she said sternly, stepped forward a bit.

"Our threat? What kind of a threat do a bunch of curious civilians pose?"

"Civilians?" the large pony female said, shocked, as she looked at the human in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"As I said. Civilians. And none of us invaded your city. But a bunch of civies went through whatever that hole in the air was, which formed after a massive ghost invasion in one of our own cities."

The large pony stood silent for a moment, watching the humans in confusion, seemingly wanting to comment on the ghost remark, but deciding against it in favor of resolving this incident without any further difficulties.

"I… see," she said, unsure, "So you are not responsible for the opening of this portal? And what about those glowing devices your kind had on them, did those have anything to do with it?"

"We opened nothing. And what do you mean, glowing devices?"

"Well, those glowing objects they all had in those stubby claws of yours."

"Sir, I think she is talking about their phones," a private spoke up.

"Phones?" she said confused, "What are phones?"

The humans all shared a puzzled look with one another, confused over the fact that she didn't know what a phone was.

"Uhh, you know. A phone. A small, multifunctional communication device," the private spoke up, and the large pony looked at him in confusion, before looking at the rest of them.

****

Celestia looked at the strange creatures before her, both shocked over the fact that the invading force was nothing more than a group of civilians, and the description she'd gotten for the weird devices found with the creatures. If what they said was true, then not only did they take down a group of civilians, but they were a species capable of a magic they have not encountered before. Devices such these must contain a very powerful magic indeed. And if they were capable of magic in such a way, then what else were they capable of?

She felt a shudder go down her spine as she was forced to reevaluate the potential threat, and she knew she had to contain the damage before it resulted in a full scale conflict. So, while experiencing an unusual feeling of fright inside, she answered wearing a mask of strength and neutrality.

"It would seem we've missjudged the situation, but my ponies acted according to their training against a potential threat, and responded in such a way as to keep any injuries to a minimum. However, that does not mean that what has happened is not an unfortunate turn of events. I shall order the immediate release of your mares and stallions. But, please, I ask you to do the same for mine."

The major gave her an odd look over the weird way the men and women were referred to, but didn't mention it as he observed the white pony, trying to read her and decide if she was lying or not. But the fact that he didn't know a thing about the creature before him did make this a difficult task.

"And how do I know you're telling the truth?" he asked after a moment.

"You'll have my word," the white mare answered.

"To be honest, that is not much to go by. I would like to know if those in your possession are in good health, and are in no way seriously harmed."

"That can be arranged, yes. However, you should know that, despite my guards best efforts, some injuries were sustained. Our medics have done the best they could, with the limited knowledge they have of your kind, but some of your mares and stallions have either broken bones, or superficial cuts and bruises. The most serious injuries appeared to have been self inflicted. That female still hasn't woken up."

"Woken up from what?"

"She, eh… Face clawed?"

"I see," the commanding officer muttered, and he called for a couple of medics over his radio.

"You bring our people here, and my own medics will take a look at them. Then, if everything checks out, I will release your ponies. Okay?"

She regarded the being for a moment, trying to read his face, and determine if he was telling the truth. But a complete lack of experience regarding this species made it a more difficult task than she would have liked, and her gaze dropped down to the weapon he was holding. She didn't know what this weapon was capable of, nor did she intended to find out. And, looking at the large vehicles with the cannons on the front, she felt a shudder go down her spine.

Should things go wrong, it was obvious any conflict as a result would be devastating indeed. Knowing that she had to tread lightly, and ensure the safety of her ponies, she had to take a leap of faith.

"Very well, I shall have your, eh, people brought here. Meanwhile, could I know the name of the being I am talking to?" she asked, trying to defuse any tension that was there.

Lowering his weapon, he looked at the large female pony before him. Clicking on the safety of his weapon, he gave her a nod in response.

"My name is Connor. Major John Connor."

"Greetings, Major John Connor. I am Princess Celestia, the ruler of Equestria."

<<>><<>><<>>

He wasn't there himself, true. But he heard about what happened from those who had been there. As a rookie, still in training, he was not yet allowed to go out in the field as such. Not that he minded, considering everything that he heard. It was a mess he was happy he didn't have his hooves in, but it was a mess that would manage to taint him all the same. It just took a little more time.

Now though, as he stood in the embarkation room, staring at the tear that would bring him back to Equestria, he couldn't help but question if, had they taken the ghost talk more serious, would they have been more prepared for what was to come?

Then again. The humans took the ghost threat more than serious, and even they were unable to do anything much when it was needed. It was, incidentally, also the reason their worlds first met. The attack on the city he had just left, plus a certain ghost that held the top spot on the world's most wanted list. To be brought in, dead, or undead.

Soarin shook that out of his mind, it wasn't something he liked to think about. He, like all other ponies, heard about what this ghost had done. And he, just like everypony else, was horrified and appalled by those actions. And if it wasn't for this ghost, this Danny Phantom, that horrible ordeal wouldn't have happened. But, also, if it wasn't for this ghost, he wouldn't have met Jazz either.

He let out a sigh, not knowing how he should feel about that contradictory situation. On one hoof, that ghost was indirectly responsible for the worst ghost related incident on his world. On the other, it brought him to the woman he loved. It was a conflicting feeling, and he just didn't know what to do with it. He tried talking about it with Jazz, given her profession. But she acted rather… evasive whenever he brought up anything related to Danny Phantom. But he just guessed it was because of her own personal experience with the ghost. The ghost responsible for the death of one of her friends, and the disappearance of her brother.

Sighing again, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind as he stepped through the tear, arriving back in Equestria; seeing a griffon waiting for the group to come through to lead them to the scanner room.

'I guess it's just like Jazz once said,' he thought as the group was led by the griffon, 'All that is good is overshadowed by that which is bad. And all that is bad is brightened by that which is good. They each balance out the other.'

Soarin sighed, 'So much bad happened because of him, but I also got so much in return. I don't know what I would do if I ever met this Danny Phantom, but I hope I never find out.'