• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 2,169 Views, 24 Comments

Assistant Hindrance- Season 4- The Lost Episodes- Two - Matthais Unidostres



When Princess Twilight comes across a special flower and wakes a slumbering immortal dragon, she soon ends up having two dragon assistants, and Spike is not happy about it.

  • ...
2
 24
 2,169

Act Two

Spike pushed open the door to Twilight's room to find Heathspike putting scrolls into Twilight's drawers. "Hey! H.S.!" Spike said.

Heathspike looked up and eyed Spike oddly, "Are you speaking to me?"

Spike nodded, "Yeah, sure. Ya know. H-S. Heath-Spike. Get it?"

Heathspike just shook his head and tut-tutted sadly. "Oh, Spike. I'm sorry that my name is too hard for you to pronounce. But please at least try, because I never did like nicknames."

Spike's left eye twitched, but he kept in his anger and said, "For your information, I can pronounce your whole name. Kenbroth Gilspotten Heathspike. There! I said it!"

Heathspike chuckled as he walked over to his purple counterpart. He tapped Spike on the nose with a claw and said, "Good for you. But you can call me Heathspike." The blue dragon chuckled and turned away, leaving Spike to stand fuming in place.

"Keep it together. Keep - it - together," Spike thought to himself. He sighed and said, "So. . .Heathspike. . .what's your favorite kind of gem?"

"Sapphire," Heathspike said apathetically as he looked through Twilight's dresser drawers.

"Okay. . ." Spike said awkwardly, "Have you ever. . .met a phoenix?"

"I loathe them," Heathspike said in disgust, still not turning around to face Spike.

"Oh. . ." Spike said sadly, but then he got a sudden surge of confidence and said, "Listen, H.S.- uh, Heathspike! I've been living with ponies since I was born, and I don't really get along with other dragons. But I'd really like to. And, well, you're here with me and Twilight, so .. you know. . .you're a dragon, I'm a dragon, we're like brothers, you know. So I-"

Spike stopped suddenly when he noticed that not only was Heathspike not listening, but he also had armfuls of Twilight's things, among them were a Rubix cube, a book of crossword puzzles, and a sudoku book.

"What are you doing?" Spike asked.

"Getting rid of these horrid things before they harm the Princess," Heathspike said resolutely.

"What are you talking about? Put those things back!" Spike ordered.

"A Princess shouldn't have these things! I assume you put them there," Heathspike accused.

"I didn't put them there! Those are Twilight's! Now put them back, Trainee!" Spike said while pointed at the objects and back at the dwares.

Heathspike stuck his snout in the air and said snootily, "Just because I'm the Secondary Assistant doesn't mean I take orders from you!"

"Yes it does!"

"Out of my way, imbecile!"

"I don't know what that means, but it sounds like an insult!"

Spike suddenly pounced at Heathspike, and the two dragons were soon wrestling like crazy on the ground, kicking up a huge cloud of dust and sending the items flying across the room.

"ENOUGH!"

Spike and Heathspike were separated by Twilight's magical grip as the unicorn walked into the room. "What's going on here?"

"First of all, a Princess never raises her voice, Second of all, this ruffian attacked me for no reason!" Heathspike shouted indignantly.

"Nuh-uh! Prince Blueblood over there was stealing your stuff, Twi! Oh, and he called me a name too!" Spike complained.

Twilight groaned and lowered the two dragons to the ground. She then used her magic to gahter up the scattered objects, and then approached Heathspike and asked him, "Heathspike, were you taking my things?"

"But why on earth would you want them?" Heathspike asked in surprise.

"Because they're fun!" Twilight said with a chuckle as she brought the Rubix cube in front of her and began to work on it with her magic. Heathspike suddenly snatched the cube away from her and wagged a finger at her.

"Princesses don't solve hard puzzles," he said in the tone of a parent lecturing a child.

"What?" Twilight said flatly.

Heathspike stared at the cube reproachfully and said, "These tricky confusing things can really bend your brain and frustrate you! You can get a really bad headache from these things."

"Seriously?" Twilight said in a deadpan tone.

"Well, you see, H.S." Spike said with a frown, "Twilight can solve these things no problem, because unlike you, Twilight actually has a working brain!"

"Spike!" Twilight said in disdain.

"He started the whole thing!" Spike said while Heathspike shot him a death glare.

Twilight groaned and face hoofed yet again. She looked back and forth between the two little dragons and said, "Look, it's late. In fact, it's already time for bed." Twilight levitated out a bed basket from the doorway, "I brought out Spike's old bed for you, Heathspike. Now, you and Spike are going to sleep on opposite sides of the room. Hopefully by tomorrow you will have cooled down enough so that we can make a good impression when I introduce you to everyone else."

Heathspike sighed and bowed low, "As you wish, Princess Twilight."

"Give me one good reason why you just can't call her Twilight?" Spike complained.

"I'll give you three good reasons! 'Breeding,' 'manners,' and 'respect'!" Heathspike said haughtily.

Just then, the lights went out.

"Got to bed, you two!" Twilight called out in annoyance.

"A Princess never raises her voice!" Heathspike called out.

"Please go to bed. . ." Twilight muttered grumpily.


The Sun shone brightly over Ponyville, and Twilight Sparkle lay fast asleep in bed, comfortably under the warm covers.

CRASH!

"AHHH!" Twilight exclaimed as she jumped up into the air and bonked her head on the ceiling out of fright. She landed back on her bed, completely disoriented and dizzy from the whole ordeal. As she slowly regained her senses, she looked around to see that neither Spike nor Heathspike were in the room. Angry yelling also reached the young Princess' ears. "Oh, NO!" she gasped as she quickly got out of bed and ran downstairs towards the kitchen.

When she arrived, her jaw nearly hit the floor. Smashed eggs and slices of bread were everywhere. Heathspike had the kitchen table on it's side near the door and was bunkered behind it. He turned when he heard Twilight's hoof steps and gasped. "Princess! Get down! The ruffian seeks to destroy us!"

Spike's suddenly popped up from behind a barricade of chairs holding a toaster. "FOR EQUESTRIA!" Spike shouted as he jumped into the air, firing two slices of bread out of the toaster.

Heathspike's eyes widened as he quickly calculated that the projectiles would strike Twilight square in the chest. The entire world moved in slow motion as the blue dragon jumped into the air in front of Twilight Sparkle.

"Nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!" Heathspike shouted as he flew in front of Twilight and caught both pieces of toast in his chest. He landed on the ground on his side and let out a deep breath. "Only for you, my Princess. . ." he whispered as he held his tail up and waved the magical flower that was wrapped around it.

"What is going on here!?" Twilight shouted.

Heathspike suddenly sprang up onto his feet and said reproachfully with a wagging finger, "A Princess never raises her voice."

Spike ran over to Twilight looking mortified. "I'm so sorry, Twilight! I really am! But I can explain!" he cried as he fell to Twilight's hooves.

Twilight glared down at Spike. "Well, start explaining," she said sternly.

Spike sniffed and said, "It's just that I woke up early to make everyone breakfast. As a way of making things better from last night! I made all your favorites! French toast, hay-hash browns, and hardboiled eggs!"

At this, Twilight gaze softened, and she even managed a smile, "Wow, Spike. . .that's very sweet of you. . ." Then Twilight frowned, "But how did all of this happen?"

Spiked pointed directly at Heathspike, "He came down a few minutes after I started cooking. He said, 'I will not let you feed the Princess this garbage!' And he tossed the hay-hash browns in the garbage!" Tears sprang to his eyes as he went on, "Then I threw an egg at him, then he threw salt and pepper at me, and then there was syrup and powdered sugar and more eggs and it was just a huge mess! I'm so sorry!"

Twilight instinctively hugged Spike close and rubbed his back soothingly. "It's okay Spike. I understand. You really meant well."

Twilight turned to Heathspike and said in a calm tone, "Heathspike? Do you want to tell me your side of the story?"

Heathspike shrugged nonchalantly, "There's nothing to tell. What the ruffian says is true. It just pains me to think that you have lived for quite awhile being ignorant of two things." Heathspike held up one finger, "One: A Princess doesn't eat greasy food. Case and point, those wretched hay-hash browns." He held up two fingers, "And two: A Princess doesn't peel hardboiled eggs."

"Heathspike, where are you getting these rules from?" Twilight complained.

"Everyone knows these rules!" Heathspike exclaimed, "It's common knowledge and fact!"

"Since when are you 'everyone'?" Spike shot at the blue dragon.

"No fighting, please!" Twilight ordered, "Right now, this kitchen needs to be cleaned. And I've already overslept enough while you two were wasting food down here, so I'd say if you two get to work now, then we might be done by noon. Everypony will be waiting to meet you, Heathspike, so please, just stop fighting and start cleaning. Okay?"

Heathspike and Spike glared at each other for long tense moment. Then, they both sighed and shook claws.

"Good," Twilight said with a smile, "And I'll be watching." Twilight sat down on the floor.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah!" Heathspike said, wagging his finger in disapproval, "A Princess doesn't sit on the floor!"

The last time Twilight recalled sighing, groaning, and face hoofing so much was when Discord had corrupted her friends.

"Are you gonna help me clean, or not?" Spike complained.

"The Princess commanded it, so yes, I will help you, ruffian," Heathspike said with a smile as he grabbed a mop that was leaning against the wall."

Spike groaned. "Life sure just got a lot harder around here," he muttered.


That afternoon, Twilight and her two dragon assistants walked into the Hay Burger restaurant. They quickly made their way to the table where the rest of Twilight's friends were seated.

"There yer are, Twilight!" Applejack said with a wave.

Fluttershy gasped and quickly flew over to Heathspike and began fawning over him. "Ooh! So your new friend is another baby dragon! Ooh! How cute!"

Heathspike chuckled and looked away bashfully, "Heh-heh-heh. Well, I can't help it. . ."

"My, what a fabulous shade of blue you are!" Rarity said, and she gasped, "Ooh, and what a marvelous flower you have wrapped around your tail!"

Spike clenched his fists and his teeth. "Must - resist - urge - to - lash out in - jealous - rage!" he thought.

Twilight stood next to Heathspike and said, "Everypony. Meet Heathspike. A dragon whose destiny is to serve the Princess who picks his magic flower."

"Hi there, fella! I'm Applejack! From Sweet Apple Acres!" the farm pony said with a wave.

"Oh, I'm, Fluttershy. I like cute little animals," Fluttershy said timidly.

"I am Rarity! Ponyville's resident fashionista!" Rarity declared.

Heathspike blinked as something stirred in the back of his head, "Rarity. . ."

"Rainbow Dash here! Fastest pony in Equestria and soon to be member of the Wonderbolts!" Rainbow boasted.

"Rarity and Rainbow. . . those names. . ." Heathspike muttered to himself, but he was interrupted when a pink face suddenly popped in front of him, startling him so much that he fell over.

"Hi-hi-HI! I'm Pinkie Pie! Ooh! Ooh! We're gonna be super duper best friends, I know it! We can have a welcome to Ponyville party for you and everything!" said the hyperactive pink pony.

"Pinkie?" Heathspike said softly to himself, "Where have I-?"

Suddenly, Rarity pulled Pinkie away from him and said, "Now, Pinkie Pie! Give the poor thing room to breathe, for goodness sake! Now, how about we all sit down like civilized creatures, hmm?"

"Mm-hm! I like the way you think, my dear," Heathspike said as he got up off the ground.

Soon the six ponies and two dragons were all seated around the table, having a conversation about the new arrival.

"So, you were asleep for thousands of years? But you look the same age as Spike!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well, considering the average size of a pony Princess, I doubt I could serve one adequately if I were the enormous size of an adult," Heathspike replied, but then he shrugged in his nonchalant fashion and said, "Either that or I don't age during my multi-millennial naps."

"Spike is probably happy to have another dragon around," Fluttershy said with a smile.

Spike gave a loud cough.

Heathspike narrowed his eyes.

Twilight smiled nervously.

"Uh. . .something wrong?" Applejack asked.

The potentially awkward moment was cut off when a server walked over and said, "May I take your orders now?"

Rainbow Dash opened her mouth, but a bang on the table from Heathspike silenced her.

"A Princess never goes second. . .or third. . .or fourth. . .or anything else but first!" the blue dragon demanded.

Rainbow shot Heathspike an angry glare. Twilight noticed the friction, and feared another fight. Not wanting that to happen, Twilight decided that she had better hurry up and order.

"Oh yes, I'll have two-"

"Princess Twilight will have one salad," Heathspike said confidently.

"HUH?" everypony and Spike said.

"Have you already forgotten?" Heathspike said with mild amusement, a smug smile on his face, "A Princess never eats greasy food!" Heathspike took a look at the menu and shook his head, "Hay burgers? Hay fries? I'm not completely sure what these things are, but if they're anything like those wretched hay-hash browns, then they're complete garbage!"

"HEY!" the server said, sounding quite offended.

Rainbow Dash flew across the table and came face to face with Heathspike. "What gives you the right to tell Twilight what she can and can't eat?"

"YEAH! Go Rainbow Dash! Woo-hoo!" Spike cheered.

"I must say, Heathspike, you are being quite rude here," Rarity remarked, sounded offended herself.

"You said it, Rares!" Spike said happily as he slid next to the white unicorn.

Heathspike humphed and prodded Dash in the nose, "Excuse me, but being a Princess' servant is my calling in life, and I'm sure the Princess' servant knows more than her lowly subjects!"

"Lowly subjects!?" Rarity exclaimed in shock.

"Now, see here!" Applejack said angrily, standing up with her front hooves on the table. "We ain't just her lowly subjects! We're her friends!"

Heathspike stared at Applejack, his only movement was the blinking of his eyes. But then, he smiled and began laughing uproariously.

Everyone in the restaurant stared at the the blue dragon who looked like he was about to explode with laughter. It was a miracle that he didn't fall out of his chair.

Pinkie was smiling and trembling with anticipation, "What's the joke! Come on, come on, tell me! I wanna laugh too!"

Heathspike eventually stopped laughing, and then brought his attention back to Applejack, who looked very annoyed at this point. The dragon ignored Applejack demeanor, leaned towards her, and said with his smuggest smile and most uppity tone:

"A Princess doesn't have friends."

The faces of everyone else sitting at that table would have been priceless under different circumstances. It was as if Heathspike had uttered some unspeakable obscenity in their presence. Even Pinkie Pie looked shocked. The silence around the table was at the levels of hearing a pin drop.

Heathspike raised an eyebrow. Why were these ponies so surprised by such an obvious fact? How long had they been deluded themselves? They didn't truly think they were friends with his precious Princess did they? And what did it matter to them anyway? What's so important about friendship?

"Take it back."

Heathspike's ear flaps perked up at the sound of Twilight's voice. He turned in his chair, and was surprised to see that Twilight looked quite angry.

"What was that, Princess?" Heathspike asked politely.

"Take it back," Twilight said again.

Heathspike raised his other eyebrow, "I'm sorry. I don't understan-"

"I SAID 'TAKE IT BACK'!" Twilight shouted angrily, "Take back what you said before about having friends!"

Heathspike blinked at Twilight's outburst, but then frowned and said, "A Princess never raises her voice!"

At that moment, the silence went from being able to hear a pin drop to being able to hear a feather drop. The rage on Twilight's face was so potent that even the Changeling Queen herself would be intimidated.

Spike, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy all recognized the expression on Twilight's face, so they new what was coming next.

"HIT THE DIRT!" Spike shouted as he and the other three dived under the table, quickly pulling Rarity and Rainbow Dash down with them.

And then, at that moment, Twilight's hair burst into flames.

Heathspike's jaw dropped as he witnessed the frightening transformation before occurs before him. It was clear that he had angered a force that should not under any circumstances be angered.

Twilight's eyes were blood red, her fur and wings were a burning white color of a star, and her mane and tail were now raging fires. The other ponies in the restaurant either ran out in terror, took cover, or stood in awe and watched in silence.

And then, Twilight spoke.

"WE SPENT MANY A NIGHT WITH PRINCESS LUNA FOR LESSONS IN THE USE OF THE 'ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE,' ALTHOUGH WE DIDN'T THINK WE WOULD EVER NEED TO USE IT! UNTIL NOW!"

The blazing Alicorn pointed a hoof at the trembling blue dragon, whose claws were now digging deep into the chair.

"WE FOUND YOU ALONE AND BURIED IN DIRT! WE PICKED YOUR MAGICAL FLOWER, FREEING YOU FROM YOUR SLEEP! WE GAVE YOU A CHANCE TO LIVE LIFE! AND WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU TORMENTED OUR GOOD FRIEND SPIKE! YOU IMPOSED YOUR OWN SELFISH RULES UPON US! YOU INSULTED OUR PFFs. . .that's an acronym for 'Pony Friends Forever. . AND THEN YOU HAVE THE GAL! THE AUDACITY TO CLAIM THAT PRINCESSES DON'T HAVE FRIENDS, WHEN IT IS A FACT THAT IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR FRIENDS! WE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A PRINCESS OR AN ALICORN!

Heathspike jaw was flapping up and down, as if he wanted to say something, but simply couldn't.

Princess Twilight Sparkle stood tall over the dragon, staring down at him with her red eyes, and she said, "KENBROTH GILSPOTTEN HEATHSPIKE, YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!"

Twilight's flaming hair shot up tall and raged more wild than ever. And then, in the twinkling of an eye, the flames died out, and Twilight's hair returned to it's normal state. Her eyes and coat color also returned to normal, leaving the purple Alicorn huffing and puffing, clearly out of breath from the dramatic display. Twilight's friends carefully came out of their hiding spot under the table, shocked at what they just witnessed. Truly this Princess held just as much power and authority as Celestia and Luna.

At that moment, Heathspike's chair fell over, and the blue dragon landed uncomfortably on the ground. Looking up at Twilight, he blinked his eyes as he got back up on his feet. He sighed as he reached behind him and took the flower off of his tail. He held it close to his chest and sighed.

"So. . ." he said, "This is the end. . .it just. . .wasn't meant to be."

Heathspike bowed respectfully to Twilight, then turned to her wide eyed friends. "This is my curtain call," he said with a sad smile. He then bowed low and elegantly to the group. "I am. . .so very sorry. . .goodbye. . ."

The blue dragon then got up, let out a loud, long moan, stumbled back a few paces, spun around twice, and then fell to the floor with a resounding thump, eyes closed, and claws still tightly gripping the sparkling flower, holding it over his chest.

As Twilight stared at the dragon, a great sense of guilt build up in her chest.

"What have I done?" she whispered in horror.

However, her tortured thoughts were interrupted by the sound of clapping. Everyone turned to see that it was Pinkie Pie giving the applause. She stopped applauding when she noticed everyone looking at her and said, "What? That was a great performance!"

Author's Note:

Check out the MysteriousMrEnter's review of Princess Promenade! Link