• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 563 Views, 10 Comments

Rainbow Dash: Space Pirate - Wooden Entity



After finding an alien artifact Rainbow Dash is stuck together with her former friend and present enemy Applejack while the hole galaxy seems to be trying to kill them.

  • ...
2
 10
 563

"Your what?!"

"Your what?!"

Before Rainbow Dash got an answer, she found herself in a small, gray metallic room. As she looked around, it seemed be to almost empty. The only things in it were a chair in its middle and Cold Bone, who stood on his hind hooves in front of a big window.

"Were the buck are we?!" She demanded.

He turned around to her. "On the other ship's bridge."

Rainbow was up to yell at him, but then a thought crossed her mind.

"Eh ... shouldn't I be dead now?" She examined her body and didn't notice any change on her. "I mean ... yes, the ship has a breathable atmosphere, but only if you ignore the temperature. Zero Kelvin is kinda cold, you know."

"I implemented some of my nanobots into your robot arm and your wing augmentations. They generate a field that protects you from dangerous environments." Cold Bone explained.

"Huh ... cool." Rainbow Dash answered while looking skeptically on here robot arm. "And why do you think, we could find your girlfriend here?"

Cold Bone turned around and leaned with his back against the window. He crossed his fore hooves in front of his chest and looked to the ground.

"Well ... there might the little chance that she's actually responsible for our current situation."

"What?! ... But, but how? Is she some kind of technique expert?" Rainbow Dash asked skeptically.

"Yes and no, but this doesn't seem to be caused by technology, but by magic."

"You know that this weird energy field that caused us this trouble has a size of multiple light years?"

"Yes, I do." Cold Bone said before he started walking towards an exit on the other side of the room.

"Huh... I actually intended to kick her flank for trapping us here, but now I'm just impressed." Rainbow Dash told him as he passed her. "Hey, wait for me!"

****************************

Rainbow Dash and Cold Bone went for a while in silence through the dead ship. The corridor they followed was as empty as the bridge, there were no decorations or something like that, just grey metal. From time to time they passed an open door to another room, but they were no different than what they had seen in the rest of the ship.

Eventually Rainbow Dash started to talk again."So, do you mind telling me your story? I mean, you do realize, that you owe me some ... multiple ... well actually it's a huge load of explanations you owe me."

"Yeah, yeah, I ... I know. I'm just trying to figure out what I can tell you. We usually don't talk about that with outsiders." Cold Bone responded.

"Well then, after we know each other for years now, let me ask you a simple question, Bone." Rainbow Dash grabbed his hoof and they both stopped. She looked him directly in the eyes as she started to talk again. "Do you trust me?"

Cold Bone chuckled. "That makes it much easier for me ... From the many ... many, many ponies, griffons, changelings, dragons and whathaveyou, you are one of the few beings that I actually trust, Rainbow."

"Okay, so were do I start?" Cold Bone asked himself as the continued their stroll. "Me and my friends are the last of our kind, Rainbow Dash. We once met the one responsible for the portals. He, the creator gave me this body and build this vessel - the planetary defense ship "Viktoria"."

"Wait, wait, wait ... are you telling me that a single person build the portals and all this other weird stuff floating around in space?"

"Yes, I am ... so we used this ship and another one, we build with his technology, to fly to flee from ..." Cold Bone looked to the end of the corridor. "... yes, there it is!" He shouted and ran off to the last door at the left.

"What is there?" Rainbow Dash asked while she followed him to the door.

"The engine bay, this is the center of the field. Just have to get this thing open." Cold Bone said standing with Rainbow Dash before the door.

Cold Bone put his hoof on the metallic frame around the door causing a blue glow to emanate from it. As it slowly opened a white fog left the room through the growing gap.
With the door fully open, a weakly glowing creature was revealed. Its body's shape was similar to one of a pony but instead of fur, it had a pale skin and instead of hooves it had to hands and feet. The only hair, Rainbow Dash could see, was on the creature's head: it was white and almost looked like a mane to Rainbow Dash. It hung down together with her long white coat she wore over a white tank top and shorts on a strange and bulky device below her.

"Mirabel ..." Cold Bone whispered.

"So this is how your kind looks like. I expected something more ..." Rainbow Dash asked.

"Strange?" Cold Bone added.

"Yeah. I mean, you look kinda strange, but not as much as I hoped." She shrugged. "Well at least better than some kind of strange tentacle monster that shoots acid or something like that."

"Yeah ... thanks." Cold Bone answered in a slightly irritated tone.

"But what is she doing there?"

"She probably went into the engine bay to hibernate. You see that thing below her? It's the main power generator of the ship. She used its energy to stay alive and after it was dead, it seems like she used what was left in this ship and sucked it dry to zero Kelvin."

"What? Are your people some kind of energy vampires?"

"No, were aren't. In fact we didn't have any magic abilities at all, though it seemed like this was about to change. She and another girl were the first on a new step of evolution of our kind. If you would compare us to earth ponies, they would be the alicorns."

"Huh ... an alien alicorn ... thingy ... I'm not sure, if this is scary or awesome."

"Don't be afraid of us, Rainbow. We live among you since the time Discord ruled over your world. We mean no harm to your kind."

"In that case, I'm staying with "awesome"!"

She was about to enter the room as Cold Bone held his hoof in front of her face.

"Wait here, it's too dangerous." He held his hoof forward. In the moment it entered the room, its fur disappeared and its shape changed to a hand. "She's so starved out, that she will suck you dry the moment you come too close to her." He said before he took his hand down again which transformed itself back after that.

"What do we do now?"

"I think I've got an idea." Cold Bone said smirking before he disappeared in a flash leaving Rainbow Dash completely alone.

"Eh..."

Some seconds later her radio activated itself.

"Sis, where are you?!" She heard Scootaloo asking angrily on the other side.

"What's up, Scoots?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Stop that now!" She heard her yell to someone on the other side. "Rainbow, it's Cold Bone. He is meddling with the artifact. You need get down here and stop him!"

"Ehm ... Scoots, I'm afraid that I'm kinda out of reach ... I'm on the other ship."

"WHAT? Why didn't you take me with you?!" Scootaloo shouted at her. "Hey, hey, hey, where do you think you're going with that thing?!"

With another flash Cold Bone was back, carrying the artifact on his shoulder.

"Rainbow, he ... he took the artifact!!!" Scootaloo shouted on the other side.

"Yeah ... I know ... he's here, Scoots."

Cold Bone sighed. "I told her, she would get it back. Tell her to stop whining."

"I AM NOT WHINING!" A load scream rang in Rainbow's ear causing her to let out a pained "Ow!" while she held her ear.

"Scoots, don't worry, I've got this. Just ... just try to calm down." She said to her little sister.

"I AM CALM!"

"Okay ... I'm hanging off now before my ear starts bleeding." Rainbow Dash said before she deactivated her earphone. "So, what do you intend to do with this thing?" She asked Cold Bone.

"Oh I'm just trying ..." Cold began while he put down the artifact. "... to recharge her." With the last words, he kicked the artifact into the engine bay.

"What the..." Rainbow Dash let out as she looked at the artifact floating towards the strange creature through a not ending storm of lightnings coming out of the creature and connecting to the artifact.

"Woah..." She let out while covering her eyes with her robot arm.

After a while the lightnings started to taper until they completely disappeared. Rainbow Dash took down her arm and looked at the scenery. The creatures color had changed. Its mane and coat now had a red tint while her remaining clothes became slightly blue. The artifact looked different now, too. Its crystalline hull was gone and revealed a metallic core.

"I hope you didn't break it." Rainbow Dash said.

"Me too." Cold Bone answered.

He went into the room and Rainbow Dash followed him around the artifact to the creature. Standing before her he went with his fore hooves under her floating body trying to pull her up, but the moment he touched her, he transformed into a similar looking creature and broke down, falling with his face on her chest.

"Oh god, you're okay?" Rainbow Dash asked while she helped Cold Bone to get off the creature.

"Well..." He began with a smirk after they sat down on the ground in front of the generator under the creature. "...If you knew about our anatomy, you wouldn't ask this question."

Rainbow Dash gave him a slightly disgusted gaze. "I'm just ignoring that."

"That's probably better."

Rainbow Dash looked up and down on Cold Bone's new appearance. He was now without any fur, too, except for his gray mane that still looked like before, only that was shorter now. His skin was pale too, though it had a little more healthier color than the creature's. It was covered in blue jeans, black boots and a gray hoodie with a zipper, he wore open over a black t-shirt.
There was another detail, that changed, but that Rainbow Dash only noticed after a while - his metallic eye was gone.

"You look ... different." Was her only comment.

"Yeah ..." Cold Bone said while examining his hand. "She tried to feed from my power. Caused an emergence shutdown of all optional systems - like the shape shifting."

"Does that mean you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. My systems just need some time to recharge."

"And what do we do now?"

"Well I'm gonna wait until she wakes up. I can bring you back to your ship, if you want."

"That's wishful thinking!" Rainbow Dash shouted and put the index finger of her robot arm on Cold Bone's chest. "You still owe me some answers!"

"Uh, yes. I was disrupted with my story." Cold Bone scratched his chin reflectively. "Where was I?"

"You said something about fleeing."

Suddenly his face darkened. "Yes, of course."

"So, why did you flee?"

"Because they came."

A hologram appeared in front of them. It showed a fleet approaching in the orbit of a blue planet similar to earth. It were countless ships with a strange organic bug-like design and becoming more and more with every second. A ship came from the surface and opened fire at the fleet. It was the Viktoria.
Shortly after the picture changed to a city on the ground. It looked rather old with many buildings made of stone, but it had also some skyscrapers in the background. Suddenly Cold Bone in his current form appeared on the picture together with six other of his kind. They looked very different from him. They were all bit smaller and thinner than him and had long manes looking similar to the female creature floating behind Cold Bone and Rainbow Dash. Actually she was part of the group in the hologram. Some of the creatures fought similar to him with weapons attached to their bodies while the female creature and two more seemed to be using magic instead and fired lighting beams with their hands. As Rainbow Dash looked closer at them, she could detect transparent horns on their foreheads and wings on their back. The camera turned in the direction of their shots and revealed multiple house sized mechs with a similar organic bug-like design like the ships before firing back at them.

"With the technological advantages given to us from the creator, we tried to defend our people ... " Cold Bone struggled to retain his composure. "... but we failed."

The hologram changed again and showed others of his kind running away from something shooting cyan lightnings at them. Many of them were hit and fell motionlessly to the ground. The camera turned and showed an army of metallic warriors. They looked very different to mechs and ships before. They were of the size of their victims, maybe a bit bigger and were almost formed like skeletons with a thin layer of metallic skin. Some of them had big guns attached to their shoulders instead of arms, while the most of them used weapons attached to the back of their wrists. They looked exactly like the ones Cold Bone were using. Then a mysterious figure appeared in front of them. It was dressed in a black coat with a hood and black trousers and wore gloves and a white mask hiding its face. It too had a transparent horn and wings. Rainbow Dash couldn't tell whether it was one of Cold Bone's kind or something else, but it kind of reminded her of the grim reaper.
Shortly before the hologram vanished the figure fired a magical beam in the direction of the fleeing people.

"But ... who was that in the end? Did that guy just use magic and why did his army look so different?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"He was the one that made the deal with devil that saved our world. An army to defeat the Invaders at cost of our people. We used everything we had against him, but it wasn't enough. Even the elements couldn't defeat him."

Rainbow Dash stared at him skeptically.

"You had the elements ... the elements of harmony?"

"I already said too much."

"Come on, you can't just stop your story with such a cliffhanger!"

"No, this knowledge is too dangerous. For both of our peoples."

"Ohh ... okay."

"Just ask something different, okay?" Cold Bone said hurried.

"Well, you still haven't told me what you actually are."

"What do you mean? I'm a mind in a machine."

"No, how do you call yourselves?"

Suddenly the smiling face of the female creature appeared over Rainbow Dash's head and looked her with her red eyes in the face, while her hair was now changed into a flame and blazed over her.

"We're humans." Suddenly her smile widened creepily and revealed sharp teeth. "We used to ride and eat your kind!"