• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,270 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,270

PreviousChapters Next
Friday Part 4 - In Which Twilight Unintentionally Flirts With Brad While Trying To Say Goodbye

She’d made it to the cafeteria pretty fast, even with her little hold up with Pinkie. She even somehow managed to beat Pinkie there too. The science rooms weren't far from there it turns out, as if someone never bothered to make a solid floor plan for the school and can pretty much say anything is near anything else and it’ll make sense.

The downside to getting here so soon however was now she had to stand out front of it waiting for her friends as half of the school entered. She did her best to remain unnoticed and stood off to the side out of the way and view from most directions but a good number of people saw her as they entered, but luckily had the tact to stay away from her, seeing she was clearly out of her comfort zone. Well, most of them did at least.

“Late again huh? Could’ve sworn I saw your car in the carpark when I pulled in this morning.” said Brad as he stepped up beside her, spooking her slightly. “Missed you in Form this morning.”

Twilight recomposed herself quickly enough and shot back with “Remember how I said you kinda scared me with our introduction? Well, sneaking up on me and telling me you know what my car looks like doesn’t help on that front.” both joking and seriously thinking he may be a creeper afterall.

“Oh… heheh… sorry. Just wanted to say hey. And ask where you were this morning is all.” he said, just barely maintaining his cool. Despite how it looked, he was definitely be a bit of an awkward dork at times. Which, to an awkward dork like Twilight, was endearing. At least enough so to stop being completely creeped out. Still slightly though

“No, it’s fine.” she said but leaving out and only thinking ‘but thank you for worrying’. “I left my car here last night and got a lift back home with a friend. I was actually late again today. They picked me up and didn’t know about the traffic out my... out our way.”

“Heh, yeah. Bet they didn’t.” he chuckled. He knew Twilight wasn’t the most talkative of people and he’d said all he’d had to say. Short of asking her if she wanted to have lunch with him that is. “Well, I’ll see you next week then.”

“Yeah… about that. Probably not.” she told him. He simply gave her a quizzical look that roughly translated to ‘Go on...’. “Well. I won’t be here next week. I’m transferring back to my old school. I just wanted to tell you so you don’t have to try figure out why I’m not in Form again.”

“Oh…” he replied clearly disappointed. “That’s too bad.”

“Look, Brad. I know you like me but… I don’t want to lead you on in any sort of way.”

“No, no. I get it. If I came to a new school where all this stuff had happened with an alternate dimension angel-pony-princess-thing of me, I’d been kinda freaked out by it too." he mildly chuckled at his words before getting more sombre in his tone. "You’re, not the one I like. I mean, I like you but…”

“No, no. I get it.” Twilight replied. “So, this is goodbye I guess. It was nice… eventually, meeting you.” she said as she extended a hand. He looked at her and she looked back for a moment as he put his hand up but didn’t take hers to shake. Eventually she figured it out and said “Oh, uh… no hands?”

“Yeah. I was going to do that myself but I figured I probably shouldn’t hug you out of nowhere.” he said and received a chuckle, followed by a hug. Seriously, anyone watching his from an outside view would be getting severely mixed messages of what was happening and what was going to happen between these two. Speaking of which…

“Oh, my friends are here.” Twilight said as she pulled away. “Well… goodbye Brad.” she said and then stood there still looking at him for just a fraction longer than she should’ve been before she stepped aside and went over to Sil and Die, who unbeknownst to her, had seen nearly the entirety of their little talk. “Hey. I’ve been waiting for you two.”

“No. We’ve been waiting for you.” Die said as Twilight came over. “Got here a little bit ago and saw you talking with tall, light and handsome. Guess you and the other Twilight have something in common after all.” she said with a sly grin.

“Brad? No, we’re just friends. Not even that really.”

“Uh huh… and ‘not even friend’ just hug each other like that?”

“Yeah. Of course… don’t they? I mean, you’ve hugged Sil before right?”

“Um… no.” Sil answered in a voice that made it sound like Twilight had been accusing her of something.

“What? I thought you were friends. Friends hug… don’t they?” while technically ending it in a question that could’ve easily been answered with ‘No.’, instead the two younger girls both turned and looked at one another.

“Well…” Die said as she shifted her body towards her friend. Sil did the same and they just looked at each other for a moment. Then Sil started to blush. “That’s it. I’m outta here… " and Die turned and walked off.

Author's Note:

Edit: Woops, forgot to press publish.

Short chapter is short. Was thinking of combining this and the next chapter but no. I need as many chapters banked as I can get. Haven't written anything since I said 'I've got plenty of chapters ready to go'. I'm bad at this.

I think Twilight is slightly out of character when she's explaining that she's leaving to Brad. 'I don’t want to lead you on' seems odd but I'm just trying to portray her as still caring for people even if she probably shouldn't for her own sanity. Totally not subconsciously crushing on him!

PreviousChapters Next