• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 5,270 Views, 237 Comments

Equestria Girl. Wait, What's Equestria? - Bysen



Set in the Equestria Girls-iverse, a girl named Twilight Sparkle is starting the year at a new school. Unforuntately last year there was another girl named Twilight who came from another dimension, turned into an angel and fought a demon. It was cool

  • ...
35
 237
 5,270

PreviousChapters Next
Wedesday Part 3 - Let's Do The Time-Warp Again!~

Lunch passed fast and Twilight only really got to walk around about a quarter of the school. She drew a mental map of what she'd been to and had the general idea of where all her classes were now. Being half way across the school she still managed to find this one without a problem so she pretty much had it down pat. Just a few more details here and there and she was golden from there out.

Her third class for the day was History: her favourite subject. This class had a different seat layout as well. Sort of two and half semi-circular rings around a center desk. It really looked like just a completely random lay out but was also oddly efficient. Twilight opted for the middle rough left corner seat. And as she suspected at this point, she recognised some faces in this class too: Rarity and Sunset Shimmer.

The two were seated next to each other in the corner opposite Twilight… well sorta. Rarity was surround on all sides, other than Sunset’s, by boys ogling her. She clearly put hours into making herself to look that way each morning and Twilight’s stomach growled just at the thought of how little she must eat to have such a figure. She was a stick!

Sunset had pretty much the same body as Twilight. She wouldn’t have even thought about Sunset’s shape or her own if it hadn’t been for Rarity. Twilight was by no means fat, maybe even a little under weight from walking/running Spike each day but Rarity was one of those girls that would make anyone question their own looks in comparison to her… ‘perfection’.

Too busy ogling… admiring… examining? Non-sexually looking at another girl’s body, Twilight didn’t notice the teacher come in. In fact most of the class didn’t. “Greetings and salutations!” he said, dropping his books onto the desk in the middle of the room. He was young… like, not-even-twenty young. “My name is Star Swirl, and I know what you’re thinking. Being a teacher at my age? Well, just because I’m almost eighty doesn’t mean I can’t still teach!”

“Wut?” Twilight accidently said out loud. Eighty? Not even remotely possible… “Tss-hahaha…” she cuckled quietly but still loud enough that he could hear. She caught herself though as Star Swirl clearly didn’t find it amusing. He wasn’t looking at her, but at one of the other student who apparently thought it was a joke too.

Twilight didn’t hear it exactly but the the guy had said something along the lines of “No really, how old are you?”

“I’ll have you know I’m se7enty-eight, se7enty-nine next month. And I’ve been a teacher at this school since it opened some fifty odd years ago. Heck, I even taught some of the teachers who teach here now.” he said proudly before muttering under his breath “I still don’t know how that disruptive moron got a job here…” he then looked back up at the class. “Yes, anyway. Time is of the essence. Or as I like to say: T.I.T.O.E. Wait… no it should be T.I.O.E.T.? Or maybe… T.I.T….” more laughs came.

This continued for a while. In fact it took up most of the lesson. Ultimately Twilight found out three things. 1: this guy was either a moron or a genius. 2: their first project would be a ten thousand word report on the war between the Appaloosas and the Native-Equestrians, due in five weeks. 3: this guy was oddly, if not overly, obsessed with time.

[And 4: was possibly Doctor Whooves from the future. But she wasn’t quite sure about that last one.]

“And that’s how Equestria was made… I mean, how Equestria was founded. Any questions? No? Good. Righto, well, that’s everything for today. I’d say you can go to lunch but I can’t let you out early. You may just talk about yourselves for the next 3 minutes 54 seconds… 53… 52… 51…” he kept counting.

Twilight stayed in her desk as most of the class stood up and went over to various other desks or just turned around to speak with friends. Six of the boys who weren't already sitting around Rarity’s desk gravitated towards her, luckily blocking the two of them from getting to Twilight. Those two would eventually find their way to her, Twilight just knew it.

“0… 2 minutes 59…” surprisingly, neither of them came over. And it wasn’t that they couldn’t escape the wall of male that was Rarity’s suiters, they’d gotten up and both gone over to another part of the room without much hassle. They just weren't planning on speaking with her was all.

Twilight has happy about this… that was a lie. Oddly enough she was slightly disappointed that Rarity hadn't come to speak with her. And she didn’t know why. So, though reluctantly, she made her own way over to them instead. She pushed her way through the crowd with surprising ease. Mild panic set in as the thought of being surrounded by boys got into her head. It passed though once she noticed not a single eye was really looking at her, all mostly focusing on Rarity.

“Twilight!” Rarity cheered. “I didn’t expect you to come over here.” she turned from Twilight to face no one particular and said to the group. “Dearies, it’s been fabulous speaking with you all but would you mind awfully, giving us some room to speak? Thank you all so very much.” she batted her lashes and winked. Total cock-tease.

The crowd didn’t disperse but took a few steps back and a few of the guys on the outside did walk away. “Hey Twilight.” Sunset said, slightly haggardly.

“Hey you two.” she replied. “I didn’t either. Honestly, I half expected you two to come over to me. I um… mind if I ask why you didn’t? Not that I’m complaining… it’s just that all the others have so far and well…”

“Why that’s precisely why darling.” Rarity said, stepping forward and grabbing Twilight’s hand, cupping it in both of her own. “I’m dreadfully sorry about how Pinkie Pie wouldn’t leave you alone yesterday. She can be that way sometimes but she means well. And Applejack told me that you seemed to want to not be bothered by us.”

“Well yeah. Sorta. Pinkie was a little… stalker-creepy. But Dash and AJ were alright. They made a genuine effort to try and know the real me. I mean... I don’t really see us hanging out much, if at all. But you get the idea.”

“Oh yes of course.” Rarity nodded. She had no idea… attention was attention to her. And damn had she never gotten this much attention before. Even from a few girls which while not for her was flattering all the same. She hadn’t changed anything since last year, not that she could tell at least. And she’d even checked her breast size. It hadn’t increased so it wasn’t just that cliché bad joke.

“Rarity, do you mind giving us a moment?” Sunset asked as she stepped beside them and unclasped Rarity’s hands from Twilight’s, but now holding it in her own.

“Oh, sure, no problem.” she said and turned, instantly getting her crowd back around her.

“Promise you won’t freak out from what I’m about to do.” Sunset told Twilight.

“O… kay?...” Twilight replied. Slightly freaking out already because you know that whenever someone says that it can’t be good. Her left hand still on Twilight’s, Sunset raised her right hand to her head. Her fingernails, though claws would be a better way to describe them seeing how long they were grown out to, pressed against the center of her forehead. And then for the briefest moment, they glowed orange.

Sunset’s head slumped forwards as she groaned slightly before saying “There… now we can talk.” which confused Twilight. Why couldn’t they talk before? She looked around, no one was around them… no one was moving?

“What… did… what?”

“She froze time.” called Star Swirl. “Also, you mind giving me some warning next time, I lost track of time because of this!” also somewhere in the school Doctor Whooves was unfrozen as well, but he complained about it a lot more.

“You… what?!” Twilight almost screamed.

“Listen, Twilight. I can’t keep this up very long. I’m sorry about all of this. It’s my fault really. “

“Forget that, how’d you freeze time? Are you a wizard?!”

“No… I just… um…” Sunset paused. How to explain this? She took a breath and hastily said “You know the other version of you from another world. I’m from that world too and magic can be used there. Until your other self came here I thought it couldn’t be used here. But after that whole thing, I discovered the magic of friendship, and I’ve been able to use magic again. Only small stuff though.”

“Freezing time is small stuff?”

“No, it’s not… this, is very VERY hard.” Sunset answered and Twilight noticed that Sunset was sweating profusely. “But casting a calming spell on you, and redirecting attention away from you is… but it’s still hard. I just want you to know that…” she huffed for a moment before continuing. “I’m doing this for you. I’m trying to fix what I caused. And I was really worried that what you and your friends had might be ruined. But then I… I…”

And Sunset slumped over, losing her grip on Twilight’s hand. Everything and everyone started moving again. Sunset wobbled for a second as she held herself up on a desk. Rarity must've seen this and came over “Are you alright dear?”

She was quickly cut off of anything further by “Rarity catch me.”

“Wha…?” as Sunset fell backwards into… onto Rarity. They both landed on the ground. That’s when the bell rang.

“Darn it… my timing’s completely off now!” Star Swirl shouted. As most the class began to leave. A few of the ‘gentleman’ stayed to help Rarity up. Oh, and one helped up Sunset too. And as Sunset made it to her feet, Twilight was just leaving the room in quite a hurry.

Sunset set out after her and Rarity not far behind. Twilight had left in a rush but assumed Sunset would be down after that fall for a while and had slowed down herself, thinking that she was far enough away from that girl now. “Twilight.” Sunset said as she reached out and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Get off of me!” Twilight said, slightly scared of this witches apparent power. And from her perspective, desire for more power. “So the other me shows you magic and you think becoming my friend will make you even stronger?!”

“Please, just listen.” Sunset said. And despite her better judgement, Twilight let her speak. “I was trying to say that: but then I saw that even without us, you made another friend.”

“What?” was all Twilight replied with.

“You met her on Monday.”

“Silverspoon?”

“Yeah. I think. I don’t know her name but the girl who went into the bathroom for you on Monday.” she said happily, before smiling and adding “The spell keeping attention off of you, I’m going to keep casting this for as long as you want me too, even if it keeps weakening me. But in the mean time, I want you to know about the magic of friendship too. It’s a wonderful magic. Even if I don’t think it’ll give you ACTUAL magic.” she snickered at the last part.

“Well… I have been looking for her. But, you expect me to just accept that you can use magic without making a big deal out of it!?”

“You accepted that there’s another version of you from an alternate dimension. How much weirder is this?”

“Fair point.”

Author's Note:

Title dedicated to Aunt Celestia.

Sunset is NOT just trying to befriend them in order to gain de majix! She is legitimately being their friend and this is an added bonus. If it wasn't legit and she was just using them for it, then she wouldn't get de majix because it's not true friendship.
Admittedly, I’m not sure about having magic in this world. Also, I really need a way to just let Twilight drop the fact that magic am real. But I can't think of a good excuse so it's just ganna happen. Mostly.

Just so you know, I voice Star Swirl in my head as a Warcraft Gnome.
I hope I set it up enough that it was obvious that Sunset was redirecting Twilight's attention towards Rarity in a way that even Twilight was drawn to her.
And we're finally getting back to Silverspoon!

The original desk layout looked like his but that didn't work in practicality so I completely remade it. Now it looks like a Space Invader!
Here's the original layout.
- - - - - - - - 8 desks
l t - - - sr l 6 desks and 2 side facing
l l - - - - l l 4 desks and 4 side facing
l l l 8 l l l teacher's desk 6 side facing
[that 8 is actually a sideways infinity]

PreviousChapters Next