• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 6,715 Views, 87 Comments

OTR: Lament - The King of Hearts



When Nightmare takes control of Rarity, she struggles to fight the influence the mare has on her, as she loses sight of her dark plans for Equestria.

  • ...
9
 87
 6,715

----

////

Complete change doesn't exist.

Something can be smashed, broken, or burned, to end up being completely different from what it started as, but no matter how much something changes, it’s original roots will always exist alongside its new life.

They may not be seen, hidden away in its new form… But they will always be there, whether or not it’s realized.

Perhaps, in the most trying of circumstances, those roots can come back to the surface. Whether that would end well, or poorly, however, is only to be determined at the time of her return.

And while she may be hidden, deep within the depths of a generous soul.

She could still breathe.

////

Comments ( 52 )

I think the most important question here, the one everyone seems to be avoiding, is when did you change your avatar?

4198254

I'll tell you when i changed it, if you can tell me where i got that picture.

Sounds like a fair trade.

34K words...
A great way to procrastinate on physics homework! :pinkiecrazy:

Poor Nightmare. Not much they could really do about it tho

Dammit king. The amount of feels here is just....just dammit. You almost made me cry with this one. :fluttershysad:



~ Super-Brony12

4199530

No worries about not getting back. I was just interested in your opinion on the basic outline of what i had, since i was trying to deviate from the overused Nightmare, to something a little different.

I'm glad you liked how it turned out though! I was wondering how it would all be received after i posted it, but it looks like people have enjoyed it!

4199265
You and about a hundred other people.

4202811

I'm glad we can share this erection together.

But to be fair, i kinda always have one.

4204371 You should really get that checked out.

34k words... This is gonna make me lose 5 years off my life.

4206250

We all believe in you! Besides, whats five years? That's only like, 5% of your entire life! That's almost nothing!

4206255 the amount of sleep I will lose can be considered harmful to the body.

I also saw Jupiter and 4 moons in my telescope today I can die happy.

so I started reading this... and then later I came out feeling hungry, but at the same time so very satisfied of spending my time meaningfully
this was amazing :rainbowlaugh:

4216777

I'm happy to hear you were starving to continue reading!

Will there be a sequel of some sort?

4224874

Well, the main story will continue. This is a sequel of sorts itself, and is canon to my story Off The Record. Everything that is mentioned in this story has happened in that story. And everything that will happen after Lament, will also be in that story.

4224899 Oooh, okay then. I guess I have a lot more reading to do.

4199648 Well, this was certainly different! It looks like this story has hit the feature box again, too, so hopefully you'll get even more slightly-psychotic over-devoted readers. :pinkiecrazy:

4239083

Hopefully. I won't be satisfied until someone is so devoted to me that they want to murder me.

That's the dream!

4245810 Keep writing like this and I just might make that dream come true.
If you start writing worse, I'll murder you anyway. :derpytongue2:

4246744

Well, there goes the plan to put WAY less effort into my story. I guess I'll do the opposite of that. So... restart the whole thing, putting in tons of effort?

I like that one. Maybe get it into Equestria Daily shape for all 400,000 words.

Boom. It's happening. From the beginning.

Thank you!

4246992 ...I've aided in creating a monster...
Are you sure you want to rewrite 100 chapters, not counting the several-chapter side stories and Lament's 33k words?
And don't forget about that language arts assignment you never turned in when you were in middle school. Gotta redo that too.

4248173

Well, with two extra editors on my side, and a much better understanding of writing, I think it's about time i stop being lazy and fix all the problems already. It might take me a little while, but I think it'll be great to fix the grammar, add scenes to fill plot holes, and overall make things way better.

And If i have to redo that one language arts assignment, then so be it! I just hope Ms. Moore will still let me hand it in. It's only about 5 years late.

Wow. That was an interesting story. So you have decided to give all the counter parts names. I wonder what Twi's going to be. Also Fluttershy. that could be interesting. Best of luck.

Sooo... Celestia and discord?? Anyone? What happened to them? xD

And as if on cue, Nightmare felt her mind start to warp, as she started to see nothing but provocative images of Rainbow Dash

After leaving for a while, I come back and read this.

I missed you so fucking much man.

I'll even proofread for you, because your grammar sucks ass past the level of okay and into the realm of 'Hory Sheet.' I'm so fucking selfless it's amazing.

4468791

Don't you play me on that homie. I'm so much more selflesser than you. I do ALL the editing for this story.

And as for the grammar, blame the fricking editor. That asshole sucks.

4469628

Dude.

That's amazing.

Except I edited this site.

Motherfucker.

4474812

I edited a Wikipedia page to make fun of my friend in middle school.

What now?

4494427

Eh, I'm bored.

I wonder what else there is to do... Also, I've come up with a great but completely expected Fluttershy chaos encounter thingy. Just for your information.

4499585

I may have to PM you it later.

4501773

Well, feel free at any point.

4503035

M'kay, and look at Ob's last post.

In the Darth Vadar Picture, there is Dark Helmet in the background.

4504710. No, thank you for writing this book, with every Transformation, I realize that I should also confront my darker side, and try to become a better person. And as to why I cried a lot on chapter 1 of Lament is because of the Rarity admitting that she hates her sister and wishes she was never born. It takes a lot of strength to do that. And I kept crying when Avarice looks into Rarity's eyes and says that she would die for her. I haven't cried that much in years. Again thank you for this book, and I can't wait for the next transformation.:pinkiesad2::pinkiehappy::fluttercry:

4198370
From the comics, issue #5 I believe.

4610151 Um, I said that over three weeks ago.... but okay!:derpyderp2:

4610151
4610437

Well, I will thank you for saying it, whether it was just now, or 3 weeks ago, and regardless of my already thanking some of you..

Thanks!

Comment posted by Mega Maniac deleted Dec 19th, 2014

5562590

I'm always happy to hear people were sad when they needed to be in my story.

What did you like most about it though? I'm always excited to hear what people have to say about The Fall of the Night, and Lament. They are my best attempts at tragedy, and I like to know what I got right and wrong.

5657413

Thanks! I really had a great time writing Lament. So much of it felt right to me, from making her good instead of evil, and giving her that exit. I can only hope that I reach that same level when I'm writing the other dark sides, or the finale.

Thanks again though. Seeing that people enjoy my stuff really makes this all worth it.

5688779
"Explain your methods" :U

So nightmare is still alive somewhere in rarity, that is what this chapter is trying to say, correct?

7876342

Yes and No. It'll come back up in a while.

4198370
Well, your current Avatar appears to be Pinkie as a seapony with the hippogriffs. I can haz cookie?

8597250

At the time, it was a picture from one of the comics of Pinkie wearing a giant costume of herself. Had that for a while. But you are right about the current one.

So, I'd give you a cookie, but I ate them all. Instead, if I ever see you, I'll give you a hug and a kiss for every comment you've made. SO GET READY

8597743
Our body will be ready!
But... Just in case you're replying to any other comments, this site tends to have a bug where replies not made on the same chapter won't actually ping the user. We'll probably review the comments section once we get all caught up, but just a heads up in case it looks like we're ignoring you.

8603446

I actually haven't replied to any others. I'm terrible for it. I read every comment, I just realized a long time ago that responding to every one eats up lots of time. So, sorry about that. I am always reading your comments when I wake up in the morning, however.

Also, what do you mean by 'we'? Two people reading at the same time?

Login or register to comment