• Published 19th Mar 2014
  • 1,647 Views, 82 Comments

Crusader - Ephraim Blue



Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are all friends and founders of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They all try to earn their cutie marks, but what happens when Scootaloo fails to get hers?

  • ...
2
 82
 1,647

Chapter 5 - Small Talk

Chapter 5 - Small Talk

The school day was turning out pretty well for Scootaloo. At first, she was afraid that she would have to go through the day listening to everypony else talking about Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle's cutie marks, or worse, being made fun of for her dress she was wearing.

Turns out, the only pony who ever asked about the dress was their teacher, Cheerilee. She told her the cover story, and she bought it! Everypony else went inside after that to begin the school day after that. Now all she needed to do was make it through this day, and do the same thing tomorrow. After that, she could work to pay for all the stuff she needed.

The class was let out to recess around noon. Scootaloo went over to play some jacks when her two former friends came up to her.

She turned away, hoping to ignore the fact that they were walking directly toward her and possibly wanting to engage in conversation.

However, it still happened.

"Scootaloo!" She could hear Sweetie Belle's voice calling to her. She started to walk away, but Apple Bloom had already caught up to her and put a hoof on her shoulder.

"Wait," Apple Bloom said. She turned her shoulder, making her 'friend's' hoof fall to the ground. "We're sorry, alright?"

She was no longer walking away, but she didn't dare face them. "We're sorry 'bout makin' you feel bad," Apple Bloom continued.

"Yeah," Sweetie Belle said. "Please, give us another chance. We can stilt be friends, right?"

Scootaloo remained silent. "Scoots..."

"Don't... call me that," she finally spoke, still facing away from them. "You two shouldn't call me that anymore."

"Fine then," Sweetie said, a bit agitated. "Scootaloo, we know that you're wearing the dress to hide the fact that you don't have a cutie mark. Please, give us another chance."

"To accomplish what?" she asked back. "If I did give you another chance, what would it accomplish? You two already have your cutie marks. What would you accomplish by me giving you another chance?"

Sweetie Bell was silent, but Apple Bloom spoke up. "You getting your old friends back."

That comment made Scootaloo's eyes widen. It was true. Without them, she didn't really have any other friends. Rainbow Dash could be her friend, but she had many other things to do, and didn't always have time for her. Other than that, who could be her friend.

She slowly turned to see her former friends looking at her with pleading eyes. "I- I want to be alone," she said, immediately cutting through the two of them.

"Scootaloo, wait!" she heard Sweetie Belle call, but didn't listen. She dashed away from them, though it was hard to do it with the dress she was wearing. This entire thing wasn't fun. Not having any friends wasn't fun.

She turned to see if Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle had followed her. She saw neither of them, and assumed that they decided to fulfill her wish of being alone.

But, honestly, she didn't want to be alone. She wanted to have friends to play with. She wanted to be around those like her. She wanted something more than what she currently had, something others couldn't give her.

But what was there that could fulfill her wishes? How could she be friends with those who wouldn't enjoy doing what she did? Who was like her? What could she want that others can't give her?

Then it struck her. Her cutie mark.

Of course! she thought. Its so obvious! How come I didn't see it before!

Getting her cutie mark would fix everything. She could hang out with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle again, and not have to worry about them not enjoying what she did! She would have friends again! She wouldn't be alone anymore!

She smiled as several thoughts went through her head. After school today, she would do everything she had to in order to get her cutie mark.

Author's Note:

THE STORY IS NOT DEAD!

Well, I do say that I am sorry for this long update. The ideas I had for this story seemed to disappear, being replaced with ideas for other stories. Hopefully, the rest of the story won't be like this.

Oh, I'm kinda sorry for the short chapter too. Sorry, but this is all I could come up with for it.

Another thing to note. You all know how this story was inspired by Black Gryph0n and Bassik's song Crusader? Well, a thought occurred to me earlier.

I was thinking about doing one story in relation to each of the songs in the IMmortal playlist they have. For example, this one is Crusader. Then, another story would be called Academy, in relation to their newest song, so far, and a third would be Faster Than You Know, and ect.

I don't know what to say about it. What do you guys/gals think?