• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 806 Views, 30 Comments

The White Void - Sealcake



Twilight Sparkle completes by herself one of Star Swirls' spell, casts it, and ends up in the White Void, accompained by Rainbow Dash. Will she ever get out?

  • ...
1
 30
 806

Nightmare

Twilight screamed as loud as she could.

The black fragments were floating around her, -some of them still breaking in smaller parts-, accompaining her as she fell in the endless pit that her dream had become.

The background had drastically changed from its original color to a mix of dark red, purple, green and black, red being the prominent one, though the broken pieces that surrounded Twilight maintained their color.

It seemed like a weird dream while being high.

Coughing blood, Twilight looked to the black fragments that were around her. Part of them were spinning in their places, while the others just fell, graceless. Like her.

Was she still falling?

But there was one thing that Twilight was sure; the moment she would land on the ground, the moment her spine would break like a conch being smashed with a rock. Gulping of the idea, Twilight turned, so her legs would be sacrificed first.

'Wait, this is a dream, I am not supposed to feeEEEEEEEEEL-' her thought was cut short as her legs collided with the dark red floor. The bones were split apart, their jagged tops completely visible, while Twilight's ribs entered her body, piercing her organs.

A pool of blood started appearing below Twilight's broken body, as she forced air to enter her perfored lungs with raspy breaths, while trying not to scream of the newfound pain.

When she started to choke in her own blood, Twilight noticed that the black fragments of The Void were still surrounding her, making a dome around her body. Though she could still see through the cracks, the place were she was confined was nearly as black as The... Black Void, she supposed.

'I am confused,' she thought, the pain of her broken legs decreasing somehow. Twilight looked to her legs, only to be surprised by the sight of her purple legs in their normal shape, no bones broken. 'If The Void here is black, and The Void is the same creature as the White Void, then...'

A mocking, resonant, severe laugh was heard through the dome, making the black pieces -and Twilight- shake.

"You're still trying to deduce who am I, right?" it asked, waiting for the obvious response.

Twilight shot him -if it could be called as a him- a glare. The laugh was heard again.

"Shut up, Sombra," said Twilight, trying to make herself as imponent as possible. She didn't even know if The Void was really Sombra, but who could she blame apart from him? "Why are you doing this?"

"Sombra?" it asked, "it has been time that I didn't hear that name."

Something outside the dome covered the cracks, turning off the only light Twilight had. But as the dome went black, the pieces shone in order, reflecting Twilight's image.

"How-?"

"I think that I might know this Sombra you're talking about, said -" Twilight's reflection stopped showing in the black mirrors, and was instantly replaced by the image of a grey stallion with a black mane running, terrified of whatever followed him "- is the one who ran like a chicken and lost his mind when he couldn't bear what he saw?"

"What? No! It can't be the same-"

"Pretty rude of you to blast him apart, the poor stallion had just recovered his mind and then, boom!" A pair of gleaming eyes appeared in one of the biggest pieces that formed the mirror, locking eyes with Twilight. "I thought your species were pacifists."

"It is not the same Sombra! He was an evil tyrant who enslaved an entire empyre!" Twilight yelled, getting up. "He hurt thousand of ponies and used his magic to banish these ponies when he was punished for his crimes!" She stomped her hoof, as trying to remark her point.

"And he was locked up in his mind the whole time," the thing added, "maybe I helped in that part..."

"Wh-what?!" Twilight asked, lips quivering.

"Well, you see, I am really lonely sometimes, but I don't really like it when ponies just appear in my personal space, chatting the whole time. And crying and praying and dying and killing each other and-"

"K-killing each other?!"

"So I get bored and I decide to play with them," the thing said, not paying attention to Twilight's interruption. "I hope your friend is happy that you doomed her," it said, with an air of superiority.

"You... you're lying! Princess Celestia is going to get us out!" Twilight exclaimed, desesperated.

"And how long it will take her?"

"Probably a few days... a few weeks at its worst," she said, doubt in her words.

The thing's characteristic laugh was heard again. "A few days?!" it exclaimed, "a few days?!" it repeated. Its voice trailed off and silence was heard for long, awkward minutes. "To you, it will look like a millions of years, darling," it said, suddenly imitating Rarity's voice. "Goodbye, little one."

"Wait!" Twilight yelled, but the black pieces dissapared in puffs of smoke and she fell, again.

All the time, she could only hear the thing's laugh, accompained by ear-shattering screams that churned her stomach. Screams that ranged from Sombra's voice to mare's ones.

And screams that were of her own.