• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 389 Views, 0 Comments

Big Mac's Journey to Nightmare City - cheesemeister



If the only thing Big Mac had to contend with on his journey to deliver the pies was a grouchy chimera, he'd have counted his blessings. Instead, he found himself in a dark counterpart of Equestria, faced with many perils.

  • ...
 0
 389

Big Mac’s Parting Words

The humbled generals and Nightmare Moon stood in shackles before the returned Princess Celestia and her allies.

“Ladies, I’m usually a stallion of few words,” Big Mac said. “But I’m hopin’ that the words I say might reach your hearts. You see, in the world where I come from, there are doubles of all of you, but these doubles are good and kind. Where you all are the Generals of Discord, they’re the protectors of the Elements of Harmony.”

“I don’t believe it!” snapped General Stinky Pie.

“Yeah. Elements of Harmony indeed,” sneered Rainbow Slash. “Who ever heard of anything so silly?”

“Or so namby-pamby and weak!” said General Scarity.

“Wishy-washy goody horseshoes,” hissed General Flutterdeath. “I’d destroy them in a flash, and eat their hearts!”

“Ooh! I’d cook their hearts first!” enthused General Stinky Pie.

“With all due respect, Generals, y’all are wrong about the Elements of Harmony bein’ weak,” said Big Mac. “The goodness and loyalty of their guardians gives them strength. The lot of you lost the battle today ‘cause your fighting among each other weakened your cause. Now, maybe I’m more naïve than some of you sophisticated types, but I believe that all of you have goodness in you. I don’t know what made it go away, but I believe it can come back, and when it does, you’ll be able to live good and happy lives.”

“Never,” snorted Blacklight Gloom.

“Hey!” said Apple Doom. “If you’re the counter-whatsit of my brother, I’m just wondering, what’s my twin like?”

“My sis is the best ole gal in all of Equestria,” Big Mac said with a smile. “She’s got kind of a sharp tongue sometimes, but she means well. The thing that makes her happiest out of anything in the world is seein’ other ponies happy.”

“Well, that certainly doesn’t sound like Apple Doom,” sneered Scarity.

“No, but it does sound like my sister Apple Jack,” said Big Mac. “And your counterpart, Rarity, is a kind and gentle mare who is very beautiful and stylish. She’d do anything to help a friend.”

“Well, we do have the beautiful and stylish part in common,” Scarity said.

“General Stinky Pie, your counterpart just loves making other folks happy with her parties and good cookin’,” Big Mac said.

“Good cookin’? She can’t be no counterpart of Stinky Pie!” Rainbow Slash guffawed. “Hey, what about me? Is my counterpart the fastest in the land, like me?”

“Fast and daring, and never hesitates to help those in need,” said Big Mac. “Rainbow Dash is the best. General Flutterdeath, your counterpart likes animals too, but she likes to help ‘em, not string ‘em on necklaces. And you, Princess Blacklight Gloom…”

“Just shut your nickering mouth!” Blacklight Gloom snapped. “What do I care what some goody goody counterpart of mine from another dimension is like?”

“Maybe you don’t, but I think down inside maybe you do,” Big Mac said. “Your counterpart is Twilight Sparkle. Her element is magic, and that’s the element that holds all the others together. Just like you, she’s a very special pony.”

Although the jaw of Blacklight Gloom was set in an attitude of defiance, there was a look of sadness in her eyes.

“I think maybe I remember something,” Blacklight Gloom said. “But it was a long time ago.”

“Don’t tell me you’re falling for this disgusting sweetness and light garbage!” Rainbow Slash snapped. “You always were the weakest among us, Blacklight, even though you were Nightmare Moon’s special favorite.”

“Big Mac, come on,” Trixie said. “The gateway back to your dimension is open, but it won’t be for much longer. We have to hurry.”