• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,686 Views, 19 Comments

A Stallion with a Question - Ugly-Duckling123



Five years after the storm, and the wolves.... Big Macintosh is thinking on asking Fluttershy a little question....

  • ...
20
 19
 1,686

Chap 18

The next morning, Mac packed up the used stuff and food from the night before, leaving the tent since he promised a camping WEEKEND.

After Apple Bloom was on top of Honey-Crisp, and Mac was done, they started their way back to the farm.


After ten minutes of walking though the forest the brother and sister were welcomed back to the farm by the smell of pancakes and a bouncy Winona happy that they were back.

Mac patted Applejack's dog on the head and then led the horses to the barn so they could rest a bit.

After they were in there, Mac, Bloom, and Winona made their way back to the house to have breakfast.

"Made it back in one whole unbroken piece this time then," was the first thing Applejack said after they both came into the kitchen.

"Five years and you still don't know how to 'Good morning' nicely," Mac said receiving his share of pancakes.

"I know how to say it nicely," Applejack said sitting down passing Apple Bloom the syrup. "But your my brother."

"What's that gotta do with anything?" he asked after swallowing his mouthful of pancakes.

"No fighting at the table you two," Granny said just walking in a smile on her face.

"I was just asking why she can't say a nice 'Good morning' to me Granny" Mac said in his defense.

"Not everyone is as nice as Fluttershy youngin." Granny said making Mac's ears turn pink and him shut up.

"DONE!" Apple Bloom cried, pushing her plate away and getting down. "Come on AJ lets go so me and Mac can get back to the forest..." she said pulling on Applejack's sleeve with all her might.

"My aren't we high spirited today?" Granny said laughing a bit.

"Alright Bloom," Applejack said clearing her place. "Just let me get my hat," she said going back up stairs.

"So, what did you do last night dears?" Granny asked.

"Mac told me about the day AJ came home," Apple Bloom answered first.

"Though you were asleep when I finished it," Mac said clearing his place now.

"I was sleepy from mum's lullaby, Sir Pie's W. Nightmare," Apple Bloom said using his name from last night.

"I'm afraid that name's already taken dear," Granny said understanding. "That was your dad's name. Every family reunion he'd win every pie eating contest. Must be where you lot get it from." she said thinking.

"So what was mum's name?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Her mid-evil name was, Lady Joy-Full," Granny said.

"THAT'S WHAT I CALLED HER!" Apple Bloom said with excitement. "Didn't I Mac?"

"Yep," Mac said checking his ears still worked smiling.

"Ok ready to Sugarcube?" Applejack asked coming back in swirling the truck's keys around her finger.

Nodding Apple Bloom left the kitchen and was on her way to the hospital with Applejack.


In the kitchen Mac was still hearing ringing in his ears when Granny spoke.

"Both girls came round last night to plan about Wednesday youngin," she said pausing for a response from Mac.

"And?" he said slight worry slight happiness on his face.

"They passed the responsibility of getting her in there on to you," Granny said "Since er..." she said thinking "Ah... Since she's seeming to like you more than any of them at the moment."

"But... But how am I going to do that?" Mac asked.

"You made her go in there last night." Granny pointed out.

"This was a reward for going to school." Mac argued "It won't work again."

"How do you know son?" Granny asked.

"I... Well..." Mac said thinking.

"See. You don't know." Granny said "Anyway son, that was all I had to say. The girls have got everything else." she said getting up and going to her knitting room, patting Mac on the shoulder as she left.

"Great..."



At the hospital, Apple Bloom was just sitting back up from having her leg x-rayed and a new cast on her leg.

"Just one more week Apple Bloom and you should be all better," the doctor said as he helped her get down off the table and handed her the crutches.

"Thank you," Apple Bloom said happily hoping over to Applejack who was propping herself up against the wall. "Come on sis, we have to get back home, so Mac and I can continue our camping trip."

"I'm a'coming Apple Bloom," Applejack said rolling her eyes slightly. "Thanks again Doc," she said and then left with her sister.

"You're welcome." the doctor called out the door smiling.

***

When they got home, as was said, Mac and Bloom went straight back to the grotto, to continue with their camping trip.

"What's on today's agenda then My Lady?" Mac asked after he lifted Bloom off of Honey and they both went to sit under the shade of the trees while letting Seed and Honey graze around.

"Something fun..." Apple Bloom said in a thinking tone then... "Can you tell me that story now since it's not dark?" she asked.

"It was 'My side of the night with the Wolves' wasn't it?" Mac said lying down looking up at the sky at it's white clouds.

"We got in, I said 'Stay here with Seed' to Scoots and went off to look for Honey. After a while howls began ringing around me and three wolves came out and started attacking me. Eventually one of them bit my wrist making me scream in pain." at this he rubbed his wrist with his other hand at the memory. "Then just when I was down for the count Appleseed came and scared them off. I thanked him, and told him to 'Take Scoots back and get help'. The End." Mac said.

"If it was that quick to do, why didn't you do it last night?" Apple Bloom asked digging through the newly restocked picnic basket.

"Thanks for the support, tears and I hope you were alright's, sis." Mac said leaving her to the basket.

"You're welcome big bro," Apple Bloom said sitting back with a ham and cheese sandwich.

Rolling his eyes, Mac suddenly felt every tired all the sudden. Keeping his little sister happy was hard work.

"Would it be alright with Her Majesty if I have a afternoon snooze?" he asked looking over to Apple Bloom now some how next to the river making daisy chains.

"As long as you don't snore so you don't scare the animals away." she said not even looking at him.

"Those 'Animals' include the wolves you know," Mac said after checking his watch seeing it was 1:15 getting comfy and not caring Bloom didn't have anything to say fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Really really really sorry for this being so late...

As I said on my latest Blog Post, I've been having techno difficulties with my internet, and writers block...

Sorry for the delay but it's here now :twilightsmile:

Hope you like it.

Not sure when the next will appear... :unsuresweetie: