• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 707 Views, 13 Comments

Not Everypony's Good at Everything - RainbowDangerDash97



Twilight Sparkle's obsession of fanfiction drives the mane six crazy.

  • ...
 13
 707

Overtaken by Madness

"I'm bored as hay," Rainbow Dash groaned. "Let's go see what Twilight's up to. Who knows? Maybe she's got another Daring Do book."

She barged into the library door, almost at once. Of course, it was never like Rainbow Dash to actually knock on the door. She never did. She either barged, or bashed. Knocking was for eggheads - like Twilight.

"Hey, Twi! Just came here to pick up the next book of the Daring Do series!" she announced. There was no answer, and Twilight was nowhere to be found. The pegasus looked around, in surprise. "Huh? Twi?"

She looked around, confused. "Quit playin' hide and seek, Twilight!" she laughed. There was still no answer. Rainbow Dash, who was beginning to feel annoyed, rolled her eyes and entered the library. She went upstairs shifting her eyes from all the unusual untidyness of the room, to the trail of papers on the stair-case, from Twilight's bedroom. Unable to resist her natural curiousity, Rainbow Dash slowly made her way to the room, with big curious orchard eyes.

Twilight was on her bed, lying flat on her stomach. She had a book in front of her, and Rainbow Dash assumed she was reading again. Seriously - what an egghead. But the pegasus was wrong. Twilight was doing something most astonishing!

"Hey, Twi! I just came to --" Rainbow Dash declared.

Twilight interrupted, shaking like a leaf. "Rainbow Dash! Oh, it's so good to see you! Look at my new masterpiece!" She shoved the book into Rainbow Dash's hooves.

"What's the big deal, Twi--?" Rainbow Dash asked. She stared at the book. "The Tale of Two Ponies, by Twilight Sparkle?" She looked up at her unicorn friend. "Twilight? You don't say! You....wrote this?!"

"Sure, Rainbow Dash! Read it," Twilight replied, a little bashfully. "All by myself. Tell me what you think? Was it amazing? Incredible? Astonishing?"

"What? This trash?!" Rainbow Dash asked. She opened the book, rather reluctantly. "A romance drama, huh?"

"Okay..." she said, for the sake of her friend. "Once upon a time, in the -- Once upon a time? That introduction's SO lame."

"No, it isn't," Twilight protested. A dreamy look overcame her face. "It's beautiful. Magical. Like a fairytale."

"Blah blah blah," Rainbow Dash interrupted, rudely. "Anyway, once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, was a beautiful maiden. Her mane was a dashing violet, her lips a brilliant cherry-red. But among all of her charms, was her eyes. Stallions and colts from far away lands came to seek her hand in marriage. Of course, when they looked into her eyes, they were immediately haipnoti - what this supposed to mean?" She passed the book onto her friend.

"Hypnotized," Twilight growled, obviously frustrated with the simple mind of her friend.

"Whatever. They were immediately hyp-no-tized by the beauty, the elegance and the eyelashes of the pony's eyes. Her stunning azure irises dazzled them, the sparkle in her eyes blinded them. She --" Rainbow Dash carried on. She then groaned and said, "Look, this is egghead business, Twi. I don't do these sort of things."

Twilight glared at her. "I have an idea!" she cried out.

"Yeah, what is it?" Rainbow Dash groaned. And to think she had thought she would be free from this eggheadness.

"I can publish my fanfic - and I know! You girls can act it out! I'll be the director - you be the actresses! This is amazing! And the Princess is coming to Ponyville next week! Rainbow Dash! That's it! We can have a play put up for the Princess's arrival! What do you think - Rainbow?"

"NO!!!!!!"