• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 1,011 Views, 7 Comments

Unbroken - PonyFromSpace



Hearts and Hooves day. Shutter's least favourite day of the year, and it gets worse. He receives an anonymous love letter. Yuck.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,011

The one who doesn't want them to break

3. The one who doesn't want them to break.


I didn't really know what to say.
I had just plugged in my newly repaired laptop and the electricity went down.
Coincidence? Unlikely.

My eyes were trying to adjust to the darkness.
I saw the other ponies were confused, didn't know what just happened.

Skootaloo gave me reproachful glance.
She had seen me plug in.

I was about to apologize, when the lights went back on.
The laptops didn't.

Button repetitively pushed the on button of his computer, but it was useless.
The laptops were fried.
He started panicking, and if I would say it was my fault he would probably attack me with his juice box.

For a second, I considered lying, but I immediately rejected the idea. I'd rather have Button hate me than lie to him.

"I think it's my fault", I said, preparing for a rage burst.
Instead, Button said: "No it's not."
I was stunned.
"What do you mean it's not?", Skootaloo asked, "I saw him plug in that thing there."

Tais looked at my laptop.
"Wait, that is the same device as the one you crushed earlier?", he asked.
"Well, uh, yes"

Skootaloo gave me another angry look. Button caressed his deceased laptop.

"It couldn't be his computer, he doesn't have the amount of power to fry all of our laptops."
He gently closed his computer. Sweetie Belle gave him a tissue to blow his nose in.
"Then what did cause this?", Nya asked.

Threshold looked outside the window.
"Whatever it is, it didn't affect the other houses."
"Perhaps we should take a look around the house", Featherweight suggested.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Okay crusaders, we'll check the back."
Nya closed her computer. "Tais, Caundles, shall we check the front?"
"Sure", Caundles answered.

The six ponies left the place.
I looked at the fried computers.

"My mom is going to be very mad", Puffles said.
Button was still staring at his broken laptop, as if he couldn't believe the thing was actually broken.

"Not if I can help it", I said. I quickly started working on my laptop.
I had it defried in ten minutes.
Dinky took a closer look at the device.
"Not a scratch!", she said.
Button looked at my pc, then immediately pushed his own in my hooves.

"Can you fix it?"
"I can't guarantee it'll..."
"Please?"
"I'll do my best."


I fixed the laptops as fast as I could. It took me about half an hour to fix the other thirteen.
I was proud of the result.

"It might still be a bit glitchy from time to time, I'm sorry I can't get it perfect", I said.
Threshold dismissed my apology.
"No pony could've done it this good."

I was flattered. I wanted to say thanks when I suddenly realised something.

"Shouldn't they be back by now?", I asked.
The others passed a frown.
"Let's go check!", Featherweight said.

Pipsqueak had fallen asleep in the couch. It was a late hour for him.
"I'll stay here", Dinky said, as she glanced in the young foal's direction.

Puffles took a look outside the window.
"Me too", he said, with anxiety resounding in his voice.
Terrin backed him up. "Yeah, we'll stay here to defend the house if necessary"
Threshold rolled her eyes.

"Let's go then", Button said.
I could tell he was worried.
We all were.

Threshold, Featherweight, Button and I went outside.
It was silent. Too silent. Button gazed over the streets and a shiver passed his spine.
"What if one of the Everfree beasts came out of the forest?", he said.

Threshold scratched her chin.
"Well, whatever it is, we might miss them if we only do one side at a time, I suggest we split up."

I should've known it was a bad idea by then, but for some reason, it didn't occur to me.

"Good thinking. I'll take the west, you take east", Featherweight said.
"Oh, you aren't going alone, alone is too dangerous", I said, and I followed him to the western side of the house.
"Meet you inside the house!", I told Button and Thresh.
"Sure", Threshold answered, then she sighed. Was it just me or did she sound disappointed?
Button beckoned her. "Come on, we need to find Swee... the others!"

We had only taken two steps at the west side and we already got jumped.
Ummy and his twin brother Dummy jumped out of the bushes and pushed us to the wall.
Featherweight gave Dummy a kick in the stomach.
The colt collapsed on the floor.

Ummy protested, but I pressed my hoof into his eye.
He screamed and tried to protect his face.
Feather and I jumped away and ran around the corner.
We hid inside a bush. I heard the two hurt ponies pass by, cursing our names.

We slowly crawled through the garden.
We crawled for what felt like hours, but were probably just mere minutes.
I snapped a twig and for a few minutes, we stopped moving.
All I could hear was the sound of our breathing.
When we had decided nopony had noticed us, we went on.

We soon found ourselves at the back of the building.
I could see Ummy and five of his brothers standing there.
They were sixlets (their mother must have had a very tough time), and all known for being meanies.

Yummy and Crummy were holding Applebloom and Sweetie Belle against the wall.
Nya and Caundles were being held by the biggest brother, Chummy.

Tais was knocked out on the floor. There was no sign of Skootaloo.

I could see Vendell as well. He was poking the wires at the side of the building.
That explained the electricity problem.
Next to Vendell I could see a potato sack, but I didn't think it was filled with potatoes.

I saw Drummy pass the corner. He was somehow keeping both Button and Threshold in control.
He brought them to Vendell.

"And these?", he asked.
Vendell groaned. "With the rest."

Drummy wanted to bring the two to the wall, but Button kicked him in the knee.
He didn't have them under control, they were faking.
Threshold gave him an uppercut and the pony sagged in on the floor.

Chummy pushed Nya against the wall harder, and she squealed.
In the mere seconds Button and Threshold were distracted, Ummy and Dummy jumped them and pressed them to the ground.

"I have defeated a thousand of creeprs and have vanquished the Overlord of More, I will not be defeated this easily!", Button yelled.
"This is no game, foal", Vendell laughed.

"Why are you doing this?", Button asked.
"As a present for Diamond Tiara, for Hearts and Hooves day", Vendell said.

Button frowned.
"That doesn't really explain a lot."

Vendell shook his head.
"I thought of blowing up all the ponies she didn't like."
"What kind of a present is that", Threshold said in disbelief.
"One I can afford, just trying to find the gas line."

Something was wrong about his plan. Wouldn't he just blow himself up in the process?
On the other hoof, Vendell wasn't well known for his wit.

"I don't want that kind of a present, and I already rejected you! Now let me out, my dad can get you in prison for this!", Diamond screamed. Apparently, she was inside the potato sack.

"Oh you will like it", Vendell said with a manic glare.

"Found it!" He bucked the gas line.
Nya squealed again. Tais was starting to wake up, but Dummy gave him another punch to the head.

"Where's my lighter?", Vendell asked Ummy.
"You need a lighter?", Ummy asked.

I was getting nervous. With the sparks coming from the broken wires, the building could explode any time now.

"What do we do?", Feather asked.
"You go back to the house and get everypony away from here", I said.
"And what will you do?"

"The only reasonable thing to do", I smiled, content with my ridiculous plan.
I attacked.


I went straight for Chummy.
I knew I wasn't going to be able to beat these guys, but I hoped it might give the other ponies enough time to get away.

I guess luck was on my side, because when I jumped Chummy, he hit his head against the wall and passed out.
Crummy was startled, and loosened his grasp on Sweetie Belle.
She used this opportunity to do a spin kick in his face.
He screamed as he fell backwards.

"Ummy, my lighter!", Vendell yelled.
Ummy was taken down with the wack of a scooter landing on his head. Skootaloo landed next to the dazed colt.
"Where did you learn that?", Button asked, whilst Applebloom knocked out Yummy.

"Cutiemark Crusaders kung fu champions", Sweetie Belle answered.
"Yaay", Skootaloo added.

Chummy, Drummy, Crummy, Yummy and Ummy were all down.
Dummy let go of Threshold and started pulling his brothers into safety.

Caundles and Nya were moving Tais away and the Cutiemark Crusaders were pulling the potato sack over the rocky bottom.
Diamond disapproved.

I was surprised how easily these guys were taken down.
They were almost double our size.
On the other hoof, with three kung fu fillies on your side, things get a lot easier.
Or so I thought.

Chummy woke up and immediately charged Button.
Button was too startled to run.
Sweetie Belle saw it happen and screamed.
Button was launched two metres in the air and landed next to the gas line.
Vendell found his lighter in the grass. Threshold kicked him in the knee.
Vendell hardly even flinched. He gave her an angry look.
I pulled her away before he could punch her.
Chummy seemed rather pleased with his achievement, and didn't notice Sweetie Belle coming at him with an immense speed.

She kicked him so hard he landed on the other side of the garden.
She started pulling Button away.
Threshold helped her. I was about to follow them when Vendell grabbed my tail.
How come we always forget about this guy?

I desperately tried to free myself from his grasp.
It didn't work. I wanted to scream, but it was too late.
A spark hit the gas line.

I can still remember how I was launched into the air.
The shock wave pushing me up.
I remember how Vendell's laughter turned into an astonished scream.
I can still feel the heat scorching my back and my tail.
My head still hurts when I think about the moment I was abruptly stopped by the ground.