• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 2,324 Views, 26 Comments

Equestriabent - enigmaMystere



Crossover with Homestuck. Characters try to get back home.

  • ...
1
 26
 2,324

Chapter 4

Karkat finished his explanation, but, from the looks on the hoofbeasts’ faces, could tell that it was a wasted effort...at least, it was for the white one. The purple one just stared at him with a large amount of fascination and awe.

He groaned, even more annoyed at losing an hour talking to hoofbeasts about troll romance. “ANYTHING ELSE YOU LIKE TO ASK ME ABOUT? MAYBE THE SIZE OF MY FUCKING BONEBULGE?” He scowled at them, silently hoping they wouldn’t actually ask him that.

Twilight and Rarity looked at each other, both very puzzled. Rarity looked back at Karkat, frowning slightly. “Darling, please try and calm down. I’m sure you’ll be back with you friends soon.”

Karkat just groaned even more, pacing a bit. “NO THEY WON’T. THEY’LL THINK I’M JUST HIDING IN MY DAMN RESPITEBLOCK LIKE A FUCKING WRIGGLER!” He turned to the unicorns and, seeing the confusion on their face, growled, stomping his foot. “I’M NOT GOING TO FUCKING EXPLAIN ANY OF THAT! I ALREADY SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO DESCRIBE SOMETHING THAT WAS DAMN SIMPLE, AND YOU DIDN’T UNDERSTAND THAT!

Rarity, trying to be patient, gave him a strained smile.

Before she could say a word, though, a cyan winged-hoofbeast flew in, a worried look on her face. “Guys, Fluttershy is missing!”

Karkat stared at the newcomer, noticing the rainbow mane she had. Maybe she was like him... He shook his head, quickly getting that idea out of his thinkpan.

Twilight frowned, eyes filled with worry. “We should go look for her.” She turned to Karkat, apologetic. “I’m really sorry. We’ll return later to help you. Our friend needs us."

The blue pegasus glanced at the gray stranger, raising an eyebrow. She approached him, looking up and down his body. “And just what are you supposed to be?” He sneers, about to say a snide comment, but she interrupted him, getting in his face. “Oh, I Know! Somepony who’s too self-absorbed to think of others!” She huffed at him and turns away.

Twilight sighed, shaking her head. “Rainbow Dash, this is..." She looked at Karkat, realizing that she had no idea what to call him.

Karkat groaned, noticing Twilight's confusion. "CALL ME CARCINOGENETICIST, FOR ALL I FUCKING CARE."

Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, wondering if that was his real name. "...okay, then...Carcino." She turned to Rainbow Dash, wanting to finish her explanation. "I accidentally brought him here to our world, and now he’s...well...stuck here.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes, looking away. “I bet I’m right. He probably has no friends. I heard him before I got in here. Nopony in their right mind would like him, much less be his friend!”

That’s when a thought hit her.

“Wait...he’s new here, right?” Rainbow looked at Rarity, slightly worried.

She nodded, a little confused. “That is correct, darling. Why do you ask?”

Rainbow paced, thinking out loud. “He’s new here, and that’s a reason for a party. Pinkie Pie loves to throw parties, but she likes to tell everyone, right?” She turned to face them, worried. “Why haven’t we heard from her, yet?”

Twilight facehoofed, sighing. “...she’s missing, too...” She thought for a bit. “But you’re right, she would never miss a reason to party. So...” She gulped, nervous. “Uh oh.”

Rarity looked at her, quirking an eyebrow in a silent question.

Rainbow, however, got up close, impatient. “What do you mean, ‘uh oh’?!”

Twilight grimaced slightly, worried. “...they might be...in Carcino’s universe...”

Rainbow Dash turned around and strode over to Karkat, grinning. “That’s great! If you could bring him here, then you can bring our friends back!” She faced Twilight, smiling. “Go ahead, Twilight. Bring them back!”

Twilight thought back to the events that brought Karkat here, nervous. “...I’ll try...” She focuses, her horn glowing as she tried to bring her friends back. A glow nearby, visible through her closed eyelids, told her that the spell was working.

As soon as the light died down, she peeked open an eye. She groaned, sadly shaking her head. “Well, that’s definitely not them...”


Back in the Veil (I really hope that I don't have to keep saying when the scene changes between planets, but I’ll do it anyways for the reader’s benefit.)

Nepeta blinked, grinning as a pink hoofbeast appeared. She walked over and giggled. “:33 < hello, my name is nepeta!

The pony smiled widely, bouncing up and down excitedly. “Ooh, where am I? I hope it’s somewhere fun! Maybe this is the place to play games that aren’t out yet!” She looked over at Nepeta, bouncing around the troll and examining her at the same time.

Nepeta was wondering where that noise like an exaggerated metal coil decompressing was coming from.

“Ooh, what are you supposed to be? Oh, I know! You’re dressed as a cute kitty cat for Nightmare Night! I was a chicken last time! I was planning on going as a dragon next year, but I can’t breathe fire!” She fell onto her back, laughing at her own joke. Soon, though, she was back on her hooves, standing right in front of Nepeta. “Anyways, I’m Pinkie Pie!”

Nepeta couldn’t help but laugh a bit. “:33 < you’re purretty funny, pinkie pie!” She smiles at her. “:33 < *ms leijon pawnders if pinkie pie would like to be her new furiend!*

Pinkie Pie jumped up, grinning excitedly. “Yay! A new friend, and I didn’t even have to sing a random song! This calls for a party!” She grabbed her cannon, which was somehow brought here with her, laughing a bit as she points it at the large jars nearby. “Fire fun!” She shot it off, launching colorful streamers and confetti all over it. She repeatedly fired, soon covering everything with bright colors.

She looks around, slightly confused. “Nepeta, where did you go? Ooh! Are we playing hide and seek? I love that game! Ready or not, here I come!” She rushed out of the room, starting to talk out loud about how much come sounds like cone, and how she was suddenly craving an ice cream cone.

A pile of streamers and confetti near the computer shifted, the paper sliding off to reveal Nepeta. She giggles, looking after Pinkie. “:33 < she is fun!

Fluttershy, who had avoided being covered by hiding behind the screen, peeked out, a soft smile on her face. “...yes, she is...very much so...”

Nepeta thought for a bit, wondering if it was wise to let Pinkie Pie go off on her own...especially here, of all places.