• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 2,323 Views, 26 Comments

Equestriabent - enigmaMystere



Crossover with Homestuck. Characters try to get back home.

  • ...
1
 26
 2,323

Chapter 2

In Equestria...

The stranger blinked, looking around, confused. He stared at the strange creature in front of him, a little confused. Weren’t hoofbeasts normally white, or something?

Twilight walked up to him, smiling brightly, extremely curious. This kind of freaked him out, and he takes a step back to further the distance between them.

“Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. What’s yours?”

He blinked in shock, staring wide-eyed at it. He had never expected this...thing...to talk, especially not to him. He takes a few more steps back, trying to understand what’s going on here.

She blinks in confusion, tilting her head a bit. She then resumes smiling, holding a hoof up. “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.”

She moves closer, taking in the details of her unexpected visitor. She looks at his grey skin, black hair, the small, nubby horns on his head, and the symbol on his shirt.

Looking up at him, she points at it. “Cancer, right?”

He blinks, even more baffled. He looks down at his chest and up at her, his eyes showing her his confusion, though it also looked like he was glaring at her. She visibly shuddered a bit.

“Your cutie mark. It’s the symbol for cancer. You know, astrology?” she says to him, trying to be helpful.

He narrows his eyes, definitely glaring at her now. “WHAT THE FUCK IS A CUTIE MARK? THIS IS MY SYMBOL, NOOKSUCKER.” He throws his hands up, gesturing around himself, quite angry. “WHERE THE FUCK AM I? HOW DID I GET HERE?

She flinches at his choice of words, the rough tone of his voice scaring her a bit. “You’re in Equestria. And as for how you got here...” She then proceeds to explain the events that led to his arrival...


Back in the Veil, on an unnamed asteroid...

The yellow pegasus slowly opened her eyes, dazedly looking around. She slowly recognizes that she’s not at her house, starting to worry.

That is when she notices the creature standing right next to her. With a small shriek of fright, she hides behind her pink mane, huddling in a ball on the ground.

Nepeta blinks, then breaks into a wide grin. “:33 < if you are trying to play a game, you should purrobably introduce yourself furst!” She giggles, squating down next to her. “:33 < my name is nepeta!

The frightened creature slowly stands up halfway, still quite wary of this stranger. “...h-hello...” Her voice is extremely soft, almost impossible to hear.

Nepeta, of course, heard the single word, jumping up in excitement. “:OO < you call stalk!” She thinks for a bit, seeing the pony’s confusion, then smiles, embarrassed. “:33 < i mean talk” She gets closer to the pony’s face, curious and playful, batting at her pink mane. “:33 < *ac purrlitely asks what the hoofbeast’s name is!*

Of course, this completely baffled the pegasus, wondering about the stranger’s behavior for a bit before answering. “...I’m Flutter...” She trails off, her voice getting so quiet that even Nepeta can’t hear it.

Nepeta frowns a bit, leaning in closer. “:33 < *ac asks if the yellow hoofbeast can please speak up*

The pony tries once more, shrinking back behind her wings again. “...Flut...” Once more, her voice trails off, this time into a squeak.

This time, however, Nepeta caught it - or, at least, she thinks she did. She grins and sits down in front of the pony. “:33 < *ac gr33ts the winged hoofbeast known as flutter, and pawnders whether or not they could be furiends!*

At the mention of friends, the pegasus incorrectly called Flutter straightened up, her eyes wide in shock. “...oh no, my friends! I hope I’m not worrying them with my absence...” Even now, her voice is quite soft.

Nepeta smiles a bit more, leaning forward. “:33 < there are more of you?” She rests her chin on her hands, curious. “:33 < may i please hear more about them?

Fluttershy shied away, nervous. “...I’m not sure I should...” She glances at Nepeta and falters, receiving an almost-irresistible pleading look from her. She sighs softly, her ears drooping slightly. “...okay...” She quietly begins to describe her friends...