• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 1,024 Views, 30 Comments

Poor Little Rich Pony - Ugly-Duckling123



After a storm, Diamond Tiara's house is out of power, so she has to stay with the Apple's

  • ...
20
 30
 1,024

Chapter 14

The moon was just rising when Mac came back into the house to see everyone waiting for him in the living room.

"What..?" he asked shutting the door and looking around the group.

"How did it go then Mac?" Applejack said playing cards with Bloom and Tiara on the coffee table, not looking up at him, but he could sense she was smiling.

"It went ok," Mac said going into the kitchen to get his dinner, where he was attacked by Winona who had just come in though the door.

"Whoa girl, what's wrong?" Mac asked getting up.

Winona was tugging at Mac's trouser legs telling him she wanted to show him something.

"Ok, ok I'm coming," Mac said going out the door after getting a torch and following her outside.

Winona led him to the barn, and to Mac's surprise...

"The... The doors are open?" Mac said quickening his pace hearing Appleseed and Nutmeg's worried cries.

When he got there Mac calmed the horses down then looked around to see if everyone was still there.

"Four pigs... check, five sheep... check, the chickens... check, Appleseed... check, and Nutmeg and Honey.... Oh no," Mac said looking at Nutmeg pacing around rearing up every now and then glaring daggers at Mac.

"Mac?" Applejack's voice said coming in with Winona and a torch of her own. "What's wrong?"

Mac was getting Appleseed's saddle on him as she came to calm down Nutmeg.

"The doors weren't shut properly and now Honey's escaped." Mac said getting bucked in the stomach again, this time out of anger from Appleseed for breaking his promise to him.

"Well I can see that brother," Applejack said coming over to calm Appleseed turning him away from Mac. "What are you going to do?"

"Ugh... If Seed will let me, I'm going to take him out to find her," Mac said reaching out his hand to Appleseed who tried to bite at it.

"Doesn't look like that's an option," Applejack said struggling to keep hold of Appleseed.

Suddenly Scootaloo showed up on her scooter.

"Scootaloo," Applejack said. "What are you doing here?"

"I... I came over to have another try at seeing Honey, when I saw her walk into the forest," Scootaloo said looking at the two siblings.

Mac took in a deep breath, and got up. "Applejack, go back and call Fluttershy, we might need her when we come back." he said grabbing one of his sisters lassos and one of Granny's old beating sticks. "Scoots can you take me to where you saw Honey go into the forest.

"But I thought you said you were afraid of the forest at night," Scootaloo said looking up at him.

"I am," Mac said. "But I also said I was afraid of letting my friends and family down."

Hearing this, Appleseed calmed down a bit, and looked at his owner with his big brown eyes.

As Mac was about to leave, Appleseed called him back and walked in a circle.

"You mean it Bud?" Mac asked smiling that he got his horse's trust back. "Thank you," he said before getting on and hoisting Scootaloo up to sit in front of him. "Don't worry Nutmeg, we'll be back as soon as we can." he said heading out making sure Scootaloo was safe.


As Applejack came back into the kitchen, she was mugged by Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara with questions.

"What's going on?" "Where's Mac going?" "Why is Scoots with him?" "Is everything ok?"

"Girls let her speak," Granny Smith said from her rocking chair looking at the girls smiling at how close they've become.

"Ok,"Applejack said turning to face everyone. "In order: We didn't close the barn doors properly and so now Honey's escaped, Mac's going off to find her, Scoots is with him because she saw where Honey went, and I don't know if everything's ok, but Mac said to call Fluttershy just in case for when they get back." she said picking up the phone and pressing the last call button - Fluttershy.


Fluttershy was just making sure that all her animals had everything they needed for going to bed when her phone started ringing.

"Who can that be?" she asked going over to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Fluttershy, it's Applejack. Look Honey's run away and we've been told she's somewhere in the forest," Applejack said.

"Oh... My," Fluttershy said.

"Can you come over to help just in case it's needed for when Mac comes back with her?" Applejack asked.

"M...Mac?" Fluttershy asked blushing.

"Yeah, he and Scootaloo are going into the forest to find Honey." Applejack explained.

...

"Hello?"

"Yes I'm here AJ," Fluttershy said coming back. "But I thought Mac was afraid of the forest at night?"

"He is," Applejack said. "But one of a farmers jobs is to look after his animals, no matter where they are or go." Applejack explained. "So you coming over."

"I'll be right there," Fluttershy said putting down the phone and collecting her animal first aid kit and her coat.

"Angel you're in charge," she said putting her hand on the door handle. "Be a good little bunny." and she was gone.


Mac and Scootaloo had been riding at a fast trot, for ten minutes along the forest's side.

"There," Scootaloo pointed to an opening in the trees where she saw Honey-Crisp go into earlier.

"Ok," Mac said getting down and helping Scootaloo off Appleseed.

"So what now?" Scootaloo asked inching away from Appleseed a bit.

"Come on Seed, lets show her that hide away, you'll both be safer there." Mac said leading Appleseed into the forest holding Scoots hand.

After a while they made it to the hide away Appleseed took Mac and Fluttershy to yesterday.

"Ok," Mac said letting go. "You two stay here, and wait for me to come back with Honey, then we can all go home." he said the last part more for himself.

"But will you be ok on your own?" Scootaloo asked.

"Hopefully," Mac said looking at her with his calm face. "Just stay here be safe and wait for us to come back." he said going back into the trees to find Honey-Crisp, not seeing a couple of pairs of yellow eyes on him.

*

Mac was taking each step he took as carefully as possible, always looking around, ears detecting for any sound that might help him.

'HHHOOOWL......'

Mac froze in place, eyes shifting left to right the torch light lighting up the path, Granny's beating stick gripped in his hand.

'HHHOOOWL......'

Mac turned around to see three wolves coming out of the thicket teeth bared eyes gleaming.

Mac thought back to how it was like this before.

"Come and get me then you over grown dogs," he quoted his father twirling the stick and standing firm.