• Published 15th Mar 2018
  • 800 Views, 1 Comments

Change of Faith - Sargeant Antelec



Story Written by Chronicler

  • ...
3
 1
 800

Chapter 6: Golden Glow

"So, is there anywhere else ya wanna go next Spike?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Hmm... Ah!" Spike then realizes that it's almost sunset. "There is actually one more place I'd like to show you, come on!" Spike said as he takes her by the hand.

Mean while back at Zecora's. Zecora is still hard at work at trying to find a way to change Apple Bloom back to her former self.

"Aaaaaaahhh! What could be missing from this puzzling stand, I've search all I have yet I don't understand!" Zecora said trying to figure out the cure.

Then suddenly another gust of wind blows through the window and in that quick moment Zecora notices a blue leaf floating by. She recognizes the leaf and quickly looks out the window to see if she was correct. It didn't take her long to spot what she was looking for, it was a Poison Joke plant.

"Of course! The answer was so simple that I can not believe, now I know what I must do what a relieve!" She said as she went straight to work.

She quickly mixes up a cure for Poison Joke and then grabs the bottle with the cure she first used on Apple Bloom.

"Now with the help of these two, I shall have the cure that will do." She said as she mixed the two cures, making the very cure she was looking for. "Now that it's done I must fetch Apple Bloom, so that I can change her back in this room!" Zecora then goes to find Apple Bloom.

At a cliff side near Ponyville we find Spike bringing Apple Bloom to one of the vine covered stone walls.

"So why'd we come here Spike?" Apple Bloom asked when they got there. "There doesn't seem to be much here to see."

"Exempt this isn't what I want to show you..." Spike said as he moves some of the vines revealing a hidden tunnel. "...this is!"

They go through the tunnel and find themselves within a small canyon, that has a grassy field and a huge waterfall inside it.

"Wow! How'd ya find this place?" Apple Bloom asked as she was in aw at the beautiful site.

"I came across this place one time when I was helping my friend Rarity look for jewels." Spike said as he sat near the waterfall. "I come here sometimes to relax and think for a bit."

"Does anyone else know about this place?" She asked as she joins Spike sitting next to him.

"Nope, I haven't told anypony about this place. Not even Twilight!"

"Oh, ah guess that makes me the first one you've shown this place to huh?" Apple Bloom blushes a little and tries to hid it.

Spike laughs a little. "Yeah, I guess your right."

Apple Bloom looks at Spike as she thinks. (Ah never knew how great of a guy Spike is, he's been so nice to me, and all ah've been doing is lying to him.) She then starts to feel guilty. "Um Spike, ah need to tell ya..."

But before she could finish telling him, Spike interrupts her as he notices the coming sunset. "It's time!" He then takes Apple Bloom to a spot where they had a full view of the waterfall.

"What's going on?" She asked curious about what's going to happen.

"Just watch." He said showing her where to look by pointing at the waterfall.

Just then as the sun started to set a reddish orange glow from the sun started to shine through from the top of the cliffs. As the sun was setting the light moved across the area. But once it reached the waterfall the light was then reflected throughout the area, filling the area with a gold colored glow that was warm to the touch.

"Oh my..." She was all in aw at the glowing site.

"I know right."

"It's one of the most beautiful things ah've ever seen!"

"Yeah, it is..." Spike then notices how Apple Bloom looked in the light. "...beautiful..." He begins to have a warm feeling that was different from the warmth of the light.

The glow then goes away as it begins to get dark and they soon leave the hidden area.
As they were walking, Apple Bloom started thinking. (Maybe being a dragon won't be so bad after all.) She thought to herself as she smiled.

As they were walking back to Ponyville they came across Zecora.

"There you are my little one, now we can do what must be done!" Zecora said signing in relief that she found Apple Bloom.

"Wait... You know Zecora Alice?" Spike asked.

"Yeah." Apple Bloom said and then she looks at Zecora. "Ah guess it's time huh?" She asked as she gave a sad look. And then Zecora gives her a nod saying yes.

"Time, you mean your leaving now?" Spike asked and she gives him a nod yes.

"It's time to go child..." Zecora said noticing their sad looks.

Zecora and Apple Bloom started walking away until suddenly, Apple Bloom turned around and heads straight to Spike and gives him a hug.

"Thank you for showing me a wonderful time." She whispered to his ear as a tear went down her cheek and then she kisses him on the cheek. "Goodbye..." She then leaves with Zecora.

End of Chapter 6