• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 1,126 Views, 27 Comments

Equestria's Mirage: Dream Warriors - Alchemystudent



Twilight is trapped in a world of nightmares made real. Trixie and the rest of the mane five must brave the world of nightmares and dreams to save her

  • ...
2
 27
 1,126

Welcome to the show

Trixie smiled to herself with a very satisfied grin as she listened to the crowd around her. It had been over a year since the alicorn amulet incident, and over a year since she was pulled into being Luna’s student. Since that day she had helped the bearers of the elements escape from Mirage’s trap, she had been hard at work trying to reclaim her glory and become famous. After a lot of work, and a little help from her six friends, she was soon able to break free from her past. Judging from the large crowd that had awaited her in the stadium, it had seemed that she was successful in regaining her fame...being Luna’s first student didn’t hurt either. A slick smile came to her as she appeared in a flash of smoke and fireworks to the crowd, “ WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO TRIXIE’S MARVELOUS SHOW! Tonight!” She exclaimed, thrusting out her hoof, “You will see spells, magic, and daring tricks that you will never see again in all of Equestria!”

The crowd began to cheer as they watched the lights flash around her, then change their attention to the stage as two ponies began to put Trixie in a straight jacket.

“To start, the great and powerful Trixie will escape from this straight jacket,” Trixie said, using her magic to levitate a jar of yellow liquid above her head.

“What’s so great about that?” yelled an orange pegasus.

Trixie smirked, “She will break out using only her hooves. Also,” she then drenched herself with the yellow liquid, “she must do it before this fireball touches her. Otherwise, she will die a horrifying and painful burning death.”

The crowd oohed at this as the light blue mare summoned her fireball and began to work on the escape. In the back of the stadium seating, a midnight blue pegasus with a full moon cutie mark walked silently in, “Welcome miss Moonbeam. I must say,” the stallion said as he guided the mare to her seat, “It’s rare to see you here. Have a particular interest in this magician.”

The mare simply smiled as she watched the show go on, “Let’s just say...I have a particular love for this performer.”

“There, uh, seems to be a problem!” Trixie exclaimed as the fireball neared her mane. As the crowd gasped in horror, Moonbeam just sat back and smirked, “Trixie seems to be...stuck! HELP!” Screamed Trixie as the fireball landed on top of her, causing her to burst into flame, “AHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The crowd screamed in shock and horror as they watched the performer burn alive, but then turned their heads when they heard, “Well, good riddance. What a horrible way to start a show,” said a blue mare sitting in a chair, “Now, Trixie would’ve started the whole thing off with a bang. Something so unexpected that it would make the crowd break out into cheers,” Trixie said with a smirk as she got off from her chair and ran past the roaring crowd as they applauded her. “Trixie hopes that all of you will enjoy her show, because trust her...you haven’t seen anything yet!” She shouted as she teleported to the stage and released a torrent of cards and birds above the audience’s heads.

For the next 2 hours, Trixie entertained the crowd with tricks and illusions that left them all speechless. All the while, Moonbeam watched with a look in her eyes that showed both approval and pride in the young mare. As the show neared its end, Trixie walked away from her last illusion and faced the crowd, “For the last part of the evening, Trixie,” she said, panting a little and wiping her brow, “Trixie will entertain you with a story from Equestria’s past. What shall it be, Tirac’s fall? The sealing of the Smooze? The fall of Titan? Or shall Trixie tell a story about a possible future that our land may face? Any suggestions?” Trixie asked as she looked around the crowd before looking up at the back row, “Yes! You, the mare...with the...moon cutie mark.”

The blue pegasus smiled as she lowered her hoof, “How about the story of ‘Mirage’? I have heard that it was quite the adventure.”

Trixie’s eyes opened in shock as she looked at the mare, before shaking her head and making her horn glow, “Ah, that one is entertaining, for Trixie herself was apart of that adventure.” walking across the stage, she created a small image of a cat-woman holding 6 little pony shapes in her claws, “You see, over a year ago, an embodiment of evil known as Mirage came to our universe and targeted our world for one reason. She desired to plunge our world into despair and hopelessness. Destroying our hopes and dreams, leaving us all in a time of darkness not seen in eternity. To do this, she took the bearers of the elements and bounded them in their worst nightmares.”

“Seeing the trouble, Princess Luna sent her student to go off and free the six mares for her,” Trixie then produced a small image of herself, shaking hooves with Twilight and racing off to each pony image as she said their name, “and together, they reminded Honesty of her strength, Loyalty of her ideals, Generosity of her inner beauty, gave Laughter hope, and saved Kindness from itself. When they were united,” Trixie said, no showing the six mares together firing a bright shining rainbow beam at the cat creature, “they defeated the embodiment. This, in turn, turned the creature back into a normal mare and banished the spirit of the embodiment into the void.” Trixie then finished off her show with a bright blast of lights and a quick bow to a thunderous applause.

As the show ended, the pegasus mare nodded to the waiters and walked out the stadium as Trixie left the stage.

A few minutes later, Trixie walked happily towards her wagon. While being Luna’s student could’ve given her the chance at a much larger wagon or anything better, Trixie had always felt more at home in her own wagon, it was a little more personal. As she neared her home, she quickly turned her head to look behind her at a noise. Shaking her head as she saw nothing behind her, the blue mare turned back to walk home. Using her magic to unlock her door, her attention was then quickly drawn to the sound of hoof-steps behind her. Quickly, she turned around and saw...

Nothing.

Trixie again shook her head at the nothing and chalked it up to just the wind, entering her home quitely. Once inside, Trixie turned on the light and walked to her kitchen area, taking note of the pegasus pony on her couch, “And what does Trixie owe the pleasure of the visit, Moonbeam. Or should I say, Princess Luna?”

The dark blue pegasus smiled proudly as she glowed a dark blue and changed her form into a dark blue alicorn with an etherial mane, “Impressive,” she said calmly, watching Trixie get some tea from the top drawer, “you saw through my illusion quickly.”

A smug smirk came across Trixie’s lips as she prepared the tea for her guest, “Of course. It was only a level 3 illusion spell, one that can be only seen through by the best magicians. You were having Trixie see through those illusions on her third month.”

Luna beamed with pride, “And I have to say, the speed at which you mastered your duplication spell is quite astounding.”

“Yes, though,” Trixie said, using her magic to generate a clone of her while she began to get a peanut butter cracker, “Trixie must confess, it was hard at the beginning for Trixie to maintain two clones at once for a long time without wasting all of her mana. Now, however, Trixie can create...”

“Two,” a second Trixie said as the levitated a cup of tea to a third Trixie.

“ Three,” the third said.

“Four,” a fourth Trixie said as she took the saucer away, “or even...”

“Five Trixies, before she,” the illusions of Trixie vanished as she turned off the illusions, “tires out.”

“Most impressive,” Luna said, taking the tea in her magic and sipping slowly. “You have been well surpassing my expectations.” She said, smirking with a sense of pride and planning.

“But, what brings you here, mistress?” Trixie asked, walking to Luna’s side, “Surely you did not come JUST to be amazed at Trixie’s prowess.”

“We have a mission for you, student. We require you to be at Canterlot immediately,” Luna commanded.

“Hmmm, Canterlot is a day’s travel from here, but,” Trixie began as a flash of light envolped both her and Luna, “She will leave as soon as possi...ble?” Trixie asked as she saw Luna had teleported both her and Trixie into the Canterlot throne room.

“When we state, ‘immediately’, we meant immeaditly.” Luna said as she walked away from her student.

“Uh, yes, of course mistress,” Trixie said as she followed Luna from the throne room and down a nearby hallway. “What do you request of Trixie?”

“It is Twilight Sparkle,” Luna said somberly.

“Twilight? What happened to her?” Trixie asked, a little worried for her rival.

“She has come under a spell, one that has put her into a deep sleep,” Luna said.

“How long has she been like this?”

“Four days, all of her other life-signs show that she is all right. She is just in a deep sleep,” Luna said as they neared the door where Twilight was.

“And you didn’t tell the public because you didn’t want to raise a panic,” Trixie said.

“There is another reason, one that you’ll find out when you see her,” Luna said, opening the door with her magic.

As the alicorn and unicorn walked through the door, Pinkie Pie looked from the group and ran over to Trixie to give her the hug of her life, “TRIXIE! I HAVEN’T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER!”

“Trixie? Where have y’all been? We haven’t seen you in almost a year,” Applejack said, looking away from the sleeping Twilight with a smile on her lips.

“Hello, Trixie,” Fluttershy said.

Rarity walked over to Trixie and lifted up part of her cape, “Do you still insist in wearing this old thing? I could make you a much more dazzling one.”


“Yeah, you would think that you have time to visit once in a while,” Dash said with a shrug, “After all we did to help you with you show back in Ponyville.”

“Trixie has been busy since that day she should let you know,” Trixie said as she glared at Dash. Looking beyond the small group of friends, she saw Twilight laying in the bed with a small purple dragon asleep with his head in the matress, “ Ah and there is my greatest rival! Trixie knew from the sound of things that this was just a small trick and you had just missed Trixie. Well, now Trixie is here and you can get up. GET UP!” Placing a blue hoof onto Twilight’s side, she feverously shook her side. Upon notcing no movement coming from the still frame of the alicorn, Trixie lowered her head and gave a small whimper.

“As you can see, Trixie,” Luna said as three other figures walked into the room, “Twilight would never pull off such a trick.”

Trixie gave a small sniffle, “Trixie, just was hoping that her rival wouldn’t have fallen so easily. All right,” Trixie said, a cunning smirk coming to her lips, “everypony stand back, Trixie will get Sparkle out of there.” As the blue unicorn put her horn to Twilight’s forehead, Cadence used her magic to pull the dragon away from the bed to give Trixie time to work. The room seemed to become earily quiet as the two unicorns became wrapped in an etherial glow, one purple and one a light blue.

“She seems to be quite powerful Luna,” Celestia whispered to Luna as the spell continued.

“Of course she is. In all of this world, she is the only one whose control over the dream world is close to mine! Her illusion magic is also something to see, second only to Twilight,” Luna beamed with pride. A soft sigh came from her lips as she continued, “Mirage knows me and the others, she probably found a way to block us from freeing Twilight Sparkle. Trixie hasn’t been with Twilight very long, she might be able to find something that we missed that could help us free Twilight-”

“AHHHH! No, IT can’t BE!” Trixie screamed as the spell was quickly dispelled and Trixie was flown back from Twilight, caught only by a quick grab from Rainbow Dash.

“Trixie! Are thou all right?” Luna said, drifting back into her old way of speaking.

“Y-yes, Trixie is fine,” Trixie said, getting back onto her hooves and levitating her hat back onto her head, a look of shock in her eyes. “What that creature did to Twilight...its unbelievable, just, shocking. Trixie has never heard of somepony using magic to do that to somepony’s mind and dreams like that before.”

“What did she do?” Fluttershy asked, trembling.

“She split Twilight’s mind into seven parts and then placed those parts into a dream world on their own. It’s,” Trixie said, her eyes wide with fear and admiration, “almost beautiful.”

By now, Spike had woken up and saw Trixie standing there with other five bearers and the two alicorns. A hopeful smile came to him as he cheered, “YEAH! Now Trixie’s here! It’ll easy to save Twilight now and...” Spike then looked at the sad faces on the mares as they talked and began to tear up a little, “no, you can’t mean.”

“Are you saying that its impossible to save her?” Shining Armor asked, takeing the crying drake in his hooves.

“Trixie did not say that, she only said that it will be hard,” Trixie said, looking at the white unicorn behind her.

Luna looked up at her older sister, whispered something to Celestia, and then back to her student, “Trixie, with what you have given me, I request your presence in my chambers immeaditly. We have much to discuss.”

“Yes mistress,” Trixie said, following her mistress out the door.

“What are we supposed to do?” Dash asked.

Celestia sighed sadly, “Until my sister and her student finish their plans, I am afraid all we can do now is wait.”

Dash let out an angry snarl as she punched a wall and walked out of the room, muttering under her breath, “I hate waiting.


As Luna and Trixie walked down the halls of the castle, Trixie still had a look of shock in her eyes at the sight of the spell, “That spell, its almost too much. Uhh,” Trixie then looked up at her teacher and resumed a look of over confidence,” Heh! Not that its a problem to the great and powerful Trixie. Just give her a few moments and she’ll defeat that spell in an instant!”

“It’s all right to be nervous, my student,” Luna said, looking over her shoulder and at the blue unicorn. “Mirage wants fear, dispair, and hopelessness to over take you and use it as a weapon. Remember, she lives off of misery and fear, she feeds on the grief and hopelessness of others.”

“T-Trixie isn’t afraid in the least!” Trixie denied, following her teacher into the room, “ Trixie is afraid, however, for her friends.”

“Oh?” Luna asked, a soft smile on her lips as she grabbed five folders off of her bed.

“Yes, Trixie is...worried that she won’t be able to help any of them when she gets them into the dream worlds. It might be too much for m-them,” Trixie said, looking down in defeat.

“We know, that is why we came up with this plan,” Luna said, handing Trixie the set of five folders, “We have been looking over the dreams of several of our subjects for the past few months, ever since Mirage’s first attack. From our observations, we figured that these ponies might be the best ones to help us.”

Trixie looked over each folder in curiousity, “Hmmm, Trixie knows of this mare, she had been to one of her shows before. This one she had seen in Ponyville a few times, while the other three Trixie has never seen before. How will these five help us?”

“Trust me, when you meet them you will see why I have picked them,” Luna said with a smile as Trixie bowed and walked out the door.

As the door closed behind Trixie, a laugh could be heard from Luna’s mirror, “OH, how cute, you have a team at the ready to fight me. That is so adorable Luna.”

“Hello, Mirage,” Luna said calmly, not looking at the mirror at the pair of green eyes.

“Hello, princess,” Mirage hissed, a low growl heard in her voice, “I was just checking to see how you and your sister were enjoying my work.”

Luna began to snarl, “You have tresspassed into my realm, took away a close friend of mine, and now threaten the safety of my only student!” Luna then turned to the mirror and made her horn glow with a bright flame, “The only opinion of your work we have is THAT YOU SHOULD BE EXECUTED WHERE YOU STAND AND BUTCHERED LIKE THE ANIMAL YOU ARE!”

The eyes in the mirror looked back in shock, “You wound me Luna. I thought you would appreciate the long nap that I have given to your friend. Now, please send your student and her new friends at me, Twilight Sparkle is getting lonely in her dream world and she needs the company.”

Luna watched as the eyes disappeared from the mirror and turned away, intending on stopping the creature no matter what.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Opuscon and I am Annonmous for their awesome skills.

Yes, I did base Trixie's show off of the act in "Now you see me", because I love that movie to death.

Also, the scene with Mirage at the end was added, I wanted to put in a conversation with Luna nd Mirage because I never had the two do anything together yet.

Now the team is going to be gathered, who will be there and who will join? Here's a hint- OLBCLD- its a code