• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,613 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,613

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7 - Battle of Canterlot Part 3

We've swapped stories with the Luna Corps and I've read reports from both sides. Both were determined to win the fight, and both were going to fight to the end to get it. While the Lunar Republic may have caught us off Guard, we had them under pressure the whole time with out strength and numbers. When we managed to get our weapons, well, that was a whole new story

__________________________________________________________________
"Give me that sword!"

"Sergeant help me fit this crossbow on my back!"

"I got three rifles, fifteen bullets to every man!"

"Unicorns! Use those spells just like in Practice!"

Pegasi use your wing blades to your advantage!"

"Earth Ponies! You have the strength of ten of them!"

David, Spirit, Hutch, and Red had managed to escape the hall and made it to a Guard Armory and were prepping with the others for a counter offensive to capture the main castle gate. Leading was a younger Captain who had a map out and was giving orders.

"Earth ponies will commence the main attack as we need their strength to break through! Lieutenant Spirit! Is your unit ready?"

"We have seventeen Guards ready!"

"Unicorns lead by Master Sergeant I want on support role. Use spells to cover the main attack! Spirit?"

"You will have it!" said the Master Sergeant

"Sergeant David! Seeing that most Pegasi Officers in the castle were wiped out in the initial attack, your in charge of the Pegasi! They are the spearhead! I want those damn Luna Republic rebels aiming for your trails instead of the Earth Ponies!"

"You can count on us! They wont even see us!"

"We move out in three! Pegasi two! GO!"

Three minutes seemed like a eternity for the Guards. As the Earth ponies got into position and the Unicorns prepped their magic, the sight of five Pegasus Guards flying over signaled one minute. In the main hall the Lunar Guards didn't know what hit them. In a instant six Guards had been sliced or decapitated. The Officer in charge, a Unicorn, tried to rally the others, but was slammed into a wall and impaled on a spike. Before the rest knew what was going on, the rest of the Guard charged in, the Lunar Guard stood no chance. They fought on valiantly, delivering some of their own casualties upon the Royal Guard; until the Pegasi above swooped in a second attack. With Pegasi above making dive attacks, Unicorns sniping them from afar, and earth Pony Guards overwhelming them at every blow, the Lunar Guard broke ranks. The few who managed to escape out the front door were picked off by the Unicorn guards in the back, leaving only two terrified Earth pony Guards scrambling to get away. The whole fight was over in moments. The moment of victory was short lived.

"With Captain Idas dead, it's only a matter of time until the Guard loses out!" said the Captain

"What do we do?" said Another

"Hold out as long as we can! The Army will be here once word gets out!" said Spirit

"We've already lost most of the Castle, and Canterlot is in flames! there's not much to hold on to!" said a Unicorn

"How about we even the odds." said David

They all looked to see the Pegasus looking to the sky. Spirit, the Captain, and a few others looked up to see a chariot floating in the sky surrounded by several Guards.

"Stay in the Sun....... Aim for the moon." said Spirit

PreviousChapters Next