• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 2,066 Views, 0 Comments

Colgate's Whale of a Tale - Big Mike the Brony



Join our favorite Ponyville dentist as she comes face to face with a terrifying whale

  • ...
 0
 2,066

A Sailor's Story

At last the train arrives in Baltimare. Colgate exits the train looking determined to find some more information about Monstro the whale. She soon walked up to a tavern which has a bar and pool table. Inside she saw tough looking stallions with scars and stitches indicating that they love to roughhouse.

"Can I have everypony's attention?" Colgate declared.

The tough stallions stopped their roughhousing and game of pool and stared at Colgate in a menacing way.

"I need some information on Monstro the whale." she said

And at that moment, the tough stallions became frightened by the mention.

"MONSTRO?!?!" they screamed.

They ran to find a place to hide. Even the pool playing stallions hid under the pool table.

"Was it something I said?" she thought to herself.

"So, you want to learn about o' Monstro." Said a voice.

Colgate turned and spied a tough sailor pony. He was a grey stallion with orange eyes, an ear mark, a scar on his right eye and an anchor for a cutie mark.

"Who are you?" She asked the sailor.

"I be Sheepshank, the toughest sailor in all of Baltimare." the stallion replied. "I've encountered the vicious brute a week ago. Large as a tree and with an aggressive attitude to boot."

A flashback shows that earlier that week, Sheepshank was sailing on a huge vessel while a storm raged on. Sheepshank was at the helm trying to guide his ship straight and true. And to make things worse, Monstro was right on his tail. Suddenly a huge wave tossed Sheepshank overboard but luckily, he was a strong swimmer and manages to get his head over the surface. He saw his proud ship get sucked down the whale's cavernous gullet. And soon Monstro dove into the depths of the sea leaving a surprised Sheepshank.

"And all that was left of me ship was a broken mast." Sheepshank finishes.

Colgate became puzzled. "How did you manage to get back to Baltimare."

"Sea turtles." The sailor pony replied. "Four of them swam under me hooves as I stood on their shells."

"Okay." Said Colgate awkwardly.

"Now Lassie, If you want to confront this beast, you have to be very careful he doesn't make fish food out of you." Sheepshank stated.

"I will." Colgate said determinedly.

"You also need a strong boat that withstands the tough waves." The sailor pony added.

"Okay. If that whale will show his face, I will be ready." Colgate asserted.

She was about to leave the tavern when Sheepshank stopped her.

"One more thing." the sailor pony advised. "Be careful."

"I will, Sheepshank." Colgate nodded.

She proudly trotted having both the courage of a powerful lion and a heart as strong as a hard-working horse.

She went up to the dock and found a small yet strong ship.

"That looks strong enough." The light blue unicorn thought.

Soon she was on the boat and sailed towards the open sea.

"No shark is ever gonna frighten me. I can take on any vicious sea creature, fish or whale."

However, she is about to find out she is wrong.

Author's Note:

I had to add a Pirates of the Caribbean reference somewhere.